PDA

View Full Version : Need help with parking lights

project_EM1
01-22-2009, 02:14 AM
Ok here is the problem i recently installed some red and white tail lights on my hatch and now my right inner lights don't lite up when i turn on the lights.
Head lights works, instrument lights work, brake light and reverse lights works,
turn signals works. Basically every light works but the right inner lights do not
light up when I turn on my parking lights. Checked all possible fuses none are blown. I noticed that my right speaker stop working too, could that be related to the problem.

Any help is appreciated

rogue55
01-22-2009, 11:23 AM
If you checked the bulb( I'm assuming you did though you didn't say) then its either the socket or the wiring. It could be related to the speaker if both problems started at the same time. If you have a multimeter or a test light you can check this stuff. I would check to make sure the socket has good continuity to the battery ground first. Then work my way from the socket towards the fuses checking the wires for continuity. If its related to the speaker, then you would have continuity from the speaker wires to the socket or something similar to that, showing you have a short to power. The closest those wires get to each other would be under the dash, or at the fuse box I beleive.

yunglaosta
01-22-2009, 11:54 AM
check da bulb or light bulb socket

osiriskidd
01-22-2009, 12:56 PM
socket/wire. could be a ground mebe.