PDA

View Full Version : I'm so pissed

DunDunSkeert
01-21-2009, 10:22 PM
My yz250f ran like a champ for over 3 years of racing, started first kick and the valve were always in perfect spec. Then one day it dropped a valve on the face of a jump and over $2300 in repairs followed.
http://i42.tinypic.com/15e7nkj.jpg
This what $2000 of destroyed engine looks like.
http://i44.tinypic.com/j8jouw.jpg
Well about $2500 later I had a great bike with a brand new engine and tons of mods http://i42.tinypic.com/359zsjr.jpg

it was great for about 6 months then it started to bore me and I decided to get a yz250 two-stroke because of the low/cheap maintenance. I found a yz250 for sale and promptly traded my bike on monday.

He won't trade me back.He really doesn't know much about bikes and the previous owner told him that it had a fresh topend( which was a lie as evedent by the blowby on the piston). I traded a fucking perfect 250f for this destroyed piece of shit. I took some pics. At the least it will need a new cylinder, piston connecting rod, wristpin bearings, crank bearings and full engine gasket kit. I'm looking at upwards of $700 to fix this if I do all the work myself and well over $1000 if I pay someone. I to go back in time and beat this shit of myself for even considering trading my perfect 250f.:wtc:\
I am so pissed of in disbelief that I'm just numb.

What I traded:
http://i39.tinypic.com/33nw5zq.jpg

For:
http://i44.tinypic.com/2u7vk1f.jpg

After 2 days I started it to let it warm up and this happened.
http://i44.tinypic.com/30vys6b.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/21nf89h.jpg

DieselNuts
01-21-2009, 10:24 PM
damn, you got some bad luck with bikes lately. After reading the first part of the post, I kept thinking "this is why I love 2 strokes" lol. At least your current problem can be fixed in a couple hours for a couple hundred bucks.

**EDIT** I just finished reading the rest of your post....that sucks that you traded for a bad apple, but at least you have a 2 stroke now. 2stroke>4stroke :goodjob: oh, but you shoulda went green...

Thighs
01-21-2009, 10:26 PM
holy fucking shit. you could probably go to court over that. and i definitely would.

DieselNuts
01-21-2009, 10:27 PM
holy fucking shit. you could probably go to court over that. and i definitely would.
not really. 2 strokes don't even have a warranty off the showroom floor.

DieselNuts
01-21-2009, 10:30 PM
oh, and LOL @ the bike being in your kitchen :lmao:

Thighs
01-21-2009, 10:33 PM
not really. 2 strokes don't even have a warranty off the showroom floor.

i learned something today. and you have given me another reason to dislike them. lol

DieselNuts
01-21-2009, 10:36 PM
i learned something today. and you have given me another reason to dislike them. lol
to each their own. I LOVE 2 strokes.

FasTech
01-21-2009, 10:40 PM
I myself pefer a 2 stroke over a 4 stroke any day. But they both have their ups and downs. But, sucks about your luck... I deff. would find this guy and whoop his ass.

DunDunSkeert
01-21-2009, 10:43 PM
damn, you got some bad luck with bikes lately. After reading the first part of the post, I kept thinking "this is why I love 2 strokes" lol. At least your current problem can be fixed in a couple hours for a couple hundred bucks.

**EDIT** I just finished reading the rest of your post....that sucks that you traded for a bad apple, but at least you have a 2 stroke now. 2stroke>4stroke :goodjob: oh, but you shoulda went green...

No I should have kept my bike... Or went orange, My dads 2004 200exc still has the stock top end and still runs like a champ. ktM makes the best 2-stroke engines period.

BUGMAN
01-21-2009, 10:44 PM
to each their own. I LOVE 2 strokes.

The new 4 strokes are kicking azz. Look at the quads, even the fastest 4 brands made are all 4 stroke engines. Technology is up and coming in the 4 stroke world and you don't have to worry about mixing gas, fouled plugs and some offer a 3 year warranty.

J-ROCK
01-21-2009, 10:44 PM
damn son! that sux but yeah 2 strokes are so much nicer than 4 cause the powerband is so fawkin awesomw lol

DunDunSkeert
01-21-2009, 10:45 PM
oh, and LOL @ the bike being in your kitchen :lmao:

That is just how nice that bike was. It was beautiful.:cry:

DunDunSkeert
01-21-2009, 10:47 PM
The new 4 strokes are kicking azz. Look at the quads, even the fastest 4 brands made are all 4 stroke engines. Technology is up and coming in the 4 stroke world and you don't have to worry about mixing gas, fouled plugs and some offer a 3 year warranty.

They are also getting more and more riding areas shut down because there too loud. But on the up side fixing this will cost less than half of what it cost to fix my 250f... Four strokes are too expensive imo.

DieselNuts
01-21-2009, 11:18 PM
You are 100% right and they are really nice. My cousin let me borrow his CRF450 and its quite the hoss. I love the torque it makes, but I just like to have a hard head about the subject :goodjob:

T34me
01-22-2009, 12:16 AM
ouch, sorry to hear bro

03RCode
01-22-2009, 01:22 AM
Time for a 450. I wish I never parted ways with my RMZ.

Papa_Smurf
01-22-2009, 08:00 AM
it's aiight, just get shit wasted when you come visit ur brother and you'll forget all about it

DunDunSkeert
01-22-2009, 01:57 PM
it's aiight, just get shit wasted when you come visit ur brother and you'll forget all about it

Sounds like a plan. I'll just drink until I can't feel feelings anymore.

Me86Rob
01-22-2009, 01:59 PM
hey man wanna make some $$$? i have a 2 stroke yamaha i need rebuilt :D

Friggintitsman
01-22-2009, 02:02 PM
I stopped reading at my

alpine_aw11
01-22-2009, 02:02 PM
Damn dude.... No offense but I don't know what went through your head when you made that trade. 4 stroke ftw! That sucks though, take his ass to court son!

Me86Rob
01-22-2009, 02:16 PM
really though. pm me. it runs. but like shit. itsjust old. plus i wanna put a stroker kit in it. leaks oil bad. every 2 or 3 days i have to change the plug and put oil in it. yea, its purple. wanna fight about it?http://i40.tinypic.com/2j2fdzs.jpg
http://i42.tinypic.com/2e2ja5k.jpg

DunDunSkeert
01-22-2009, 02:27 PM
really though. pm me. it runs. but like shit. itsjust old. plus i wanna put a stroker kit in it. leaks oil bad. every 2 or 3 days i have to change the plug and put oil in it. yea, its purple. wanna fight about it?http://i40.tinypic.com/2j2fdzs.jpg

Not now I have way to much on my list already. Seriously fix it yourself, two strokes are so simple. I had the engine apart in an hour. It's a great way to learn. Your quad is purple!!!!!!! Lets fight Ohh and you need to lube your chain.

Princess12
01-22-2009, 02:27 PM
That sucks! I've always been partial to the 4-stroke engines, but respect for the 2-stroke riders. Like stated previously, you have acquired a machine that is relatively cheap to fix/maintain compared to the 4-strokes, but it sucks that this guy was such a jackass about it. If you ever need some work done, just let me know. I've been in the motorsport industry my entire life, and I know a lot of good people.

Me86Rob
01-22-2009, 02:29 PM
hm maybe an R1 swap is in store or this beast :ninja:

DunDunSkeert
01-22-2009, 02:32 PM
That sucks! I've always been partial to the 4-stroke engines, but respect for the 2-stroke riders. Like stated previously, you have acquired a machine that is relatively cheap to fix/maintain compared to the 4-strokes, but it sucks that this guy was such a jackass about it. If you ever need some work done, just let me know. I've been in the motorsport industry my entire life, and I know a lot of good people.

My friend said he could get me a hookup on parts because he used to work at millinium. The most expensive part is going to be the cylinder, around $400. But if you have hookups I would greatly appreciate any help. I'd rather get a used cylinder cause of cost but I can't find one anywhere.

DunDunSkeert
01-22-2009, 02:32 PM
hm maybe an R1 swap is in store or this beast :ninja:

How do you plan on getting that to fit?

Me86Rob
01-22-2009, 02:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4-H0OolWro

yea yea thats a raptor. but my buddy has a raptor, and they arent THAT much bigger so....lol it would be a fun project

DunDunSkeert
01-22-2009, 02:35 PM
Damn dude.... No offense but I don't know what went through your head when you made that trade. 4 stroke ftw! That sucks though, take his ass to court son!

Faster, lighter, cheaper to maintain. Plus it's now legal to race against 250f's .
And nobody rides them anymore and I like uniqueness.

DunDunSkeert
01-22-2009, 02:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4-H0OolWro

yea yea thats a raptor. but my buddy has a raptor, and they arent THAT much bigger so....lol it would be a fun project

Wow! Thats way too much power though and If we could make it work my bike would be a lot lot lot slower. All it would do is spin it's tire. I race motocross and woods. It would also weigh a ton.

alpine_aw11
01-22-2009, 02:39 PM
Faster, lighter, cheaper to maintain. Plus it's now legal to race against 250f's .

That is a good point. I just love the 4 stroke feel. I need to get another bike I miss that shit....

DunDunSkeert
01-22-2009, 02:42 PM
That is a good point. I just love the 4 stroke feel. I need to get another bike I miss that shit....

Ya I love insane power bands. But honestly the 4-stroke was getting boring. No jumps were challenging anymore so I would wait for the very last second gas it and seat bounce and still clear the jump.

Princess12
01-22-2009, 02:42 PM
My friend said he could get me a hookup on parts because he used to work at millinium. The most expensive part is going to be the cylinder, around $400. But if you have hookups I would greatly appreciate any help. I'd rather get a used cylinder cause of cost but I can't find one anywhere.

Your friend probably knows Keith Davis, who was part owner there for a while. I will see what I can do as far as finding a used cylinder. I will let you know!

DunDunSkeert
01-22-2009, 02:46 PM
Your friend probably knows Keith Davis, who was part owner there for a while. I will see what I can do as far as finding a used cylinder. I will let you know!

Thanks a ton man. Complete engine would be fine too. The cylinder from a 2003 to 2009 will fit.

Me86Rob
01-22-2009, 02:46 PM
dude im sayin R1 swap my blaster :D and boost it. make it a drag bike or something. itd be sick

alpine_aw11
01-22-2009, 02:52 PM
Ya I love insane power bands. But honestly the 4-stroke was getting boring. No jumps were challenging anymore so I would wait for the very last second gas it and seat bounce and still clear the jump.

You ever ridden one of the KTM 450's? Sweet god.........

DunDunSkeert
01-22-2009, 07:44 PM
dude im sayin R1 swap my blaster :D and boost it. make it a drag bike or something. itd be sick

We could try it, my friend even has a r1 engine in his garage.

DunDunSkeert
01-22-2009, 07:47 PM
You ever ridden one of the KTM 450's? Sweet god.........

Actually I have, KTM makes the best engines period. But I don't like the way they handle because the have linkless suspension.

Princess12
01-22-2009, 09:46 PM
Thanks a ton man. Complete engine would be fine too. The cylinder from a 2003 to 2009 will fit.

I'm a chick, but it's ok. No problem.

Barrow Cycle Works in Hoschton, GA
C/O George Twitty
(770) 867-1281
-He has a junkyard full of engines, bikes, parts, etc. You'll just have to call and ask him if he has anything that you can use. He may or may not, but it's worth a shot.

I also get great discounts with Parts Unlimited, Tucker Rocky, etc. for new parts. I'm still looking for some used stuff too, and I will let you know if I find anything.

DunDunSkeert
01-22-2009, 10:13 PM

C/O George Twitty
(770) 867-1281
-He has a junkyard full of engines, bikes, parts, etc. You'll just have to call and ask him if he has anything that you can use. He may or may not, but it's worth a shot.

I also get great discounts with Parts Unlimited, Tucker Rocky, etc. for new parts. I'm still looking for some used stuff too, and I will let you know if I find anything.

Well that explains the user name. Thanks alot I'll give George a call. I appreciate the help.

Princess12
01-22-2009, 10:14 PM
Well that explains the user name. Thanks alot I'll give George a call. I appreciate the help.

Yeah lol! No problem at all... I will keep my eyes open.

BUGMAN
01-22-2009, 10:15 PM

I knew I liked something about you. ;) Your not from S.C. are ya? We met a chick @ D.T. from S.C. about 2 years ago on a CRF 250.

Princess12
01-22-2009, 10:16 PM
I knew I liked something about you. ;) Your not from S.C. are ya? We met a chick @ D.T. from S.C. about 2 years ago on a CRF 250.

Nope... born and raised in Georgia. Plus, I wouldn't be caught dead on a Honda! I bleed Green!

I haven't been out to DTP in a long time... I wonder how ol' Mike is doing. That crazy Bastard.

DieselNuts
01-22-2009, 10:55 PM
My friend said he could get me a hookup on parts because he used to work at millinium.
lol, I used to work there too :goodjob:

DunDunSkeert
01-22-2009, 10:56 PM
Nope... born and raised in Georgia. Plus, I wouldn't be caught dead on a Honda! I bleed Green!

I haven't been out to DTP in a long time... I wonder how ol' Mike is doing. That crazy Bastard.

Ah Durhamtown plantation. Mike is probably threatening to close the trails down again.

DunDunSkeert
01-22-2009, 10:57 PM
lol, I used to work there too :goodjob:

No joke. So do you know Andy Case?

DieselNuts
01-22-2009, 10:59 PM
lol, how do you know Keith Davis? He was there when I worked there. I bought his 01 KX250.

No joke. So do you know Andy Case?
naw, I worked there for about a year back in 02/03.

DunDunSkeert
01-22-2009, 11:02 PM
lol, how do you know Keith Davis? He was there when I worked there. I bought his 01 KX250.

naw, I worked there for about a year back in 02/03.

Keith Davis... I swear i remember that name. Is he that girls dad. I think her name was Lauren and she worked a Millinium then started working at the proshop at Durhamtown.

DieselNuts
01-22-2009, 11:04 PM
Keith Davis... I swear i remember that name. Is he that girls dad. I think her name was Lauren and she worked a Millinium then started working at the proshop at Durhamtown.
yep, thats the one. He's a pretty cool guy.

DunDunSkeert
01-22-2009, 11:18 PM

The guy with all the tattoo's, John, used to be really cool back then ut after he turned into manager he turned into a super dousche. Those were the days...

Kind of like when Cycle Gear first opened I was great friends with everyone there, Jeff was cool as shit and even sponsored me. Then they all got fired and a bunch of fags started working there and were questioning me being sponsored and made fun of Jeff. I told those guys to f off and never went back.

The only good/friendly bike shop around anymore is Proline in Loganville. Jim the owner is awesome and james his son is a goofball. They really help out a lot.

Moral of this rant is go to Proline when you need something and tell them that you heard about the place from Aaron Wolff. I try to help them out too.

SuperChicken
01-23-2009, 01:52 AM
agreed about Jim at ProLine. I will be working there this Saturday to help him out a little. I was parts manager for him and Ken at the old location at Gwinnett Place for about 4 years...I'll bet some of you know me! Like I told Jim today...leaving there was probably the worst mistake I've ever made. I wish I was working for him full-time again....:( Jim is just good people. Period.

DunDunSkeert
01-23-2009, 09:47 AM
agreed about Jim at ProLine. I will be working there this Saturday to help him out a little. I was parts manager for him and Ken at the old location at Gwinnett Place for about 4 years...I'll bet some of you know me! Like I told Jim today...leaving there was probably the worst mistake I've ever made. I wish I was working for him full-time again....:( Jim is just good people. Period.

No kidding! I've surely met you before then, cause I used to go to Gwinnett place Proline a lot. I wish I could work there...

Me86Rob
01-23-2009, 10:34 AM
small world. ive probably spent a small fortune at mellinium on parts for my Blaster hahaha

SuperChicken
01-23-2009, 10:46 AM
No kidding! I've surely met you before then, cause I used to go to Gwinnett place Proline a lot. I wish I could work there...

I'm Neil...the old guy with the graying (lol) ponytail and beard. Street bike guy, primarily, but had an XR400 for a while when I was there.

SuperChicken
01-23-2009, 10:47 AM
small world. ive probably spent a small fortune at mellinium on parts for my Blaster hahaha

You're probably not far from me, then...I'm off N. Deshong. Millenium is about 3 miles away.

Princess12
01-23-2009, 11:06 AM

Yeah that's him. Lauren and I are really good friends. I worked for Keith at NGM for a little over 4 years as their parts manager. We became almost like family. Neither of us work there anymore though. I moved to the automotive field, and Keith is a ticket account agent for the Gwinnett Gladiators. Lauren is married now, and she works for Cycle Nation of McDonough.

Princess12
01-23-2009, 11:08 AM
Did any of you guys know Pete Malyj with Parts Unlimited?

SuperChicken
01-23-2009, 11:27 AM
Then I know Lauren....I was selling Spectro Oils to them before they got sold. I left Proline to go there as their PM under the last owners.
I heard about Pete yesterday...damn shame. I'd heard he'd had many, many problems before he died.

Now you have me wondering if I know you....:D

Princess12
01-23-2009, 11:30 AM
Then I know Lauren....I was selling Spectro Oils to them before they got sold. I left Proline to go there as their PM under the last owners.
I heard about Pete yesterday...damn shame. I'd heard he'd had many, many problems before he died.

Yeah, sad situation with Pete. He went through A LOT.

Lauren is a sweetheart!

SiRed94
01-23-2009, 11:32 AM
Dropped valves always suck....

DieselNuts
01-23-2009, 12:30 PM
The guy with all the tattoo's, John, used to be really cool back then ut after he turned into manager he turned into a super dousche. Those were the days...

Kind of like when Cycle Gear first opened I was great friends with everyone there, Jeff was cool as shit and even sponsored me. Then they all got fired and a bunch of fags started working there and were questioning me being sponsored and made fun of Jeff. I told those guys to f off and never went back.

The only good/friendly bike shop around anymore is Proline in Loganville. Jim the owner is awesome and james his son is a goofball. They really help out a lot.

Moral of this rant is go to Proline when you need something and tell them that you heard about the place from Aaron Wolff. I try to help them out too.
Yeah, John Walsh was cool at times but a complete douche other times. We were competition for each other though because we were both selling parts and made commission. He was quick to take a customer from anyone.

I used to go to proline back when they were @ Gwinnett place. I took my RM125 up there to get the waterpump replaced. I havent been to their new store yet, but now that Im buying a truck and been watching supercross the past couple weeks I might do something about this itch that I have aquired lol

You're probably not far from me, then...I'm off N. Deshong. Millenium is about 3 miles away.
lol, I live about 2 miles from Millennium in the opposite direction

Yeah that's him. Lauren and I are really good friends. I worked for Keith at NGM for a little over 4 years as their parts manager. We became almost like family. Neither of us work there anymore though. I moved to the automotive field, and Keith is a ticket account agent for the Gwinnett Gladiators. Lauren is married now, and she works for Cycle Nation of McDonough.
Oh wow, really? I used to flirt with that girl hardcore back in the day. She was always a real cool chick. Kieth's son and wife were cool people too. I think her name was Kathy? Maybe? But I cant remember his son's name for the life of me. I could wheelie the shit out of his KDX200 though lol

Does anyone know what happened to the mechanics that worked @ Millennium? Ethan and ....shit...I cant remember his name now...about 40yrs old, ranked #1 Kawasaki mechanic in the U.S. 3 years in a row....damnit...wtf was his name???

Princess12
01-23-2009, 12:34 PM
Yeah, John Walsh was cool at times but a complete douche other times. We were competition for each other though because we were both selling parts and made commission. He was quick to take a customer from anyone.

I used to go to proline back when they were @ Gwinnett place. I took my RM125 up there to get the waterpump replaced. I havent been to their new store yet, but now that Im buying a truck and been watching supercross the past couple weeks I might do something about this itch that I have aquired lol

lol, I live about 2 miles from Millennium in the opposite direction

Oh wow, really? I used to flirt with that girl hardcore back in the day. She was always a real cool chick. Kieth's son and wife were cool people too. I think her name was Kathy? Maybe? But I cant remember his son's name for the life of me. I could wheelie the shit out of his KDX200 though lol

Does anyone know what happened to the mechanics that worked @ Millennium? Ethan and ....shit...I cant remember his name now...about 40yrs old, ranked #1 Kawasaki mechanic in the U.S. 3 years in a row....damnit...wtf was his name???

Yeah, his wife's name is Kathy and his step-son's name is Bryant, but everyone called him Huey.

Kawasaki Tech is Ray Sumner. He worked with us at NGM for a little while, and he is now a technician at Gainesville Motorsports. AWESOME guy, and I have never met anyone who could come close to matching his Kawasaki Paraphernalia collection.

DunDunSkeert
01-23-2009, 01:45 PM
I'm Neil...the old guy with the graying (lol) ponytail and beard. Street bike guy, primarily, but had an XR400 for a while when I was there.

I'd probably know you if I saw you.

DunDunSkeert
01-23-2009, 01:48 PM

I BMX at that skatepark over there every once in a while.

DunDunSkeert
01-23-2009, 01:52 PM

C/O George Twitty
(770) 867-1281

I called him up but no dice on the used cylinder. The cheapest he can get one is $373.90. But he said he can get me a crank assembly with bearings and bottom end gasket kit for $226 which is a great deal.

Princess12
01-23-2009, 01:54 PM
I called him up but no dice on the used cylinder. The cheapest he can get one is $373.90. But he said he can get me a crank assembly with bearings and bottom end gasket kit for $226 which is a great deal.

Glad he could be of some help. He's a really good guy!

DunDunSkeert
01-23-2009, 02:15 PM
Glad he could be of some help. He's a really good guy!
Ya he's funny.

Me86Rob
01-23-2009, 02:27 PM
I live off of stone drive

DUBSf22c
01-23-2009, 02:29 PM
sell everything get a sti everyone fixed

SuperChicken
01-23-2009, 02:30 PM
I BMX at that skatepark over there every once in a while.

The one where Sunshine's Learn To Ride used to be? Yeah, that's close all right! Drop by Saturday if you can and say hi...I'd like to meet ya; or re-meet ya!;)

SuperChicken
01-23-2009, 02:31 PM
I live off of stone drive

Dude, you couldn't be much closer...just across Annistown from me!

DunDunSkeert
01-25-2009, 10:03 PM
The one where Sunshine's Learn To Ride used to be? Yeah, that's close all right! Drop by Saturday if you can and say hi...I'd like to meet ya; or re-meet ya!;)

No that one closed down. But the is a park over there called Deshong that has a skatepark in it.

Also I bought a new cylinder of E-bay for $305. I'm just ready to get this thing together.

DunDunSkeert
01-29-2009, 06:31 PM

Were you the one with the pony tail? If so my dad remembers you.

SuperChicken
01-29-2009, 09:18 PM
Yup, that's me! I showed James this thread while I was there on Saturday...he was laughing about it. And Jim knew exactly who you were, just from my description of the thread subject! I didn't remember your name, but Jim sure did!

DunDunSkeert
01-30-2009, 02:18 PM
Yup, that's me! I showed James this thread while I was there on Saturday...he was laughing about it. And Jim knew exactly who you were, just from my description of the thread subject! I didn't remember your name, but Jim sure did!

James is too tall to laugh about this... You would know my dad if you saw him, I can't say that I remember you though as I have a poor memory.

SuperChicken
01-30-2009, 05:00 PM
Yeah, James is twice the size he was last time I rode with him! And he's developed his dad's sense of twisted humor...I had a blast Saturday! I think I'll be working again sometime mid February...I'll let you know when I get confirmation!

DunDunSkeert
02-19-2009, 10:53 PM
Okay I bought all the parts and have started rebuilding it.

Yay for boxes!
http://i42.tinypic.com/2rp4tnc.jpg

New cylinder!
http://i41.tinypic.com/24yn444.jpg

weight reduction!
http://i42.tinypic.com/xlfou9.jpg

Chipped reeds:(
http://i40.tinypic.com/23v0ow3.jpg

Split the cases and found out I have a few bad bearings,( Jim says the previous owner probably overtightened the chain) But I found out it also has a $200+ Hinson clutch basket:bump:
http://i39.tinypic.com/2rwne6t.jpg

I polished the cylinder head.;)
http://i43.tinypic.com/2j673nc.jpg

Jim at proline is pulling the bearings that I didn't have a puller for and it should be running soon.

SuperChicken
02-20-2009, 03:21 AM
Damn. I was there working on Saturday!

SuperChicken
02-21-2009, 07:50 AM
And I'll be there Saturday from 10 to 2 and Tuesday most of the day! Come on by and say hi!!!

DunDunSkeert
02-21-2009, 12:22 PM
And I'll be there Saturday from 10 to 2 and Tuesday most of the day! Come on by and say hi!!! I think I'm going up there to pick up my case around 3 then heading to supercross. I might see you there.