PDA

View Full Version : springs and +15 offset

jcs
01-21-2009, 06:54 PM
so i just got my new sportmaxx in and my question is, i got some nuespeed 2 1/4 drop springs on stock shocks/struts....will these tuck my sportmaxxs???gonna run 195/45/15 tires if that is needed info

thanks,josh

Humphrizzle
01-21-2009, 06:59 PM
depends on if you have blown struts or not..

you'll have a .5 finger gap but wont be tucking.

jcs
01-21-2009, 07:03 PM
depends on if you have blown struts or not..

you'll have a .5 finger gap but wont be tucking.

which will probably mean rubbin and scrub.....just want to tuck for the negative camber

ash7
01-21-2009, 07:05 PM
so i just got my new sportmaxx in and my question is, i got some nuespeed 2 1/4 drop springs on stock shocks/struts....will these tuck my sportmaxxs???gonna run 195/45/15 tires if that is needed info

thanks,josh

those spring rates are FAR too soft to be "tucking" anything. Much less a +15 offset wheel, typically you'll need at least a three inch drop to come close to the tire on a +35-40 offset wheel.

And exactly which type of tire have you found in a 15" with a 45 size sidewall? Hopefully not some "Hadooken" brand from China...

and make sure you have something a little stiffer than the granny springs you're currently running... otherwise you'll learn new cuss words when your car keeps bottoming out.
-jonathan

Bruce Leroy
01-21-2009, 07:05 PM
you should get a camber kit.

jcs
01-21-2009, 07:09 PM
those spring rates are FAR too soft to be tucking anything. Much less a +15 offset wheel, typically you'll need at least a three inch drop to come close to the tire on a +35-40 offset wheel.

and make sure you have something a little stiffer than the granny springs you're currently running... otherwise you'll learn new cuss words when your car keeps bottoming out.
-jonathan

lol i understand do you think these springs are a decent trade for some decent coilovers or should i just sell them?????

ash7
01-21-2009, 07:14 PM
lol i understand do you think these springs are a decent trade for some decent coilovers or should i just sell them?????

you should take them to the scrap yard and get two dollars in iron for them. nobody in their right mind would trade decent coilovers for those springs... but hey, show up at enough IA drinking parties and maybe you'll catch someone wasted enough to do it. :goodjob:

-jonathan

jcs
01-21-2009, 07:20 PM
you should take them to the scrap yard and get two dollars in iron for them. nobody in their right mind would trade decent coilovers for those springs... but hey, show up at enough IA drinking parties and maybe you'll catch someone wasted enough to do it. :goodjob:

-jonathan

okay are they worth some egays then...lol

ash7
01-21-2009, 07:22 PM
okay are they worth some egays then...lol

i would say so, yes. :yes: but the eGay coil overs usually only have ever so slightly higher spring rates than stock; so you'd still be faced with the bottoming out problem - which would get old very quickly.

-jonathan

JmDubz
01-21-2009, 07:24 PM
i have the neuspeed 2.25 inch drop springs on some tokiko blues and its rides pretty dam good...id def trade ebays for em

quickdodgeŽ
01-21-2009, 07:35 PM
Looks like you have your answer, there, jcs. I'm not very knowledgeable in springs and stuff as I have never dealt with those. I use the ole propane torch and go to town, lolol. Old school or old fools. Later, QD.

jcs
01-21-2009, 07:45 PM
Looks like you have your answer, there, jcs. I'm not very knowledgeable in springs and stuff as I have never dealt with those. I use the ole propane torch and go to town, lolol. Old school or old fools. Later, QD.

lol thanks QD....i just got these from a friend and i was wonderin....

VickNotic
01-21-2009, 09:23 PM
well let me know i have some egay coilovers which i personnally used and rode on, for a good while. honestly it's not the best, but was not bouncy. i'll trade you 8D

GetFRESH!
01-24-2009, 12:08 PM
Hopefully not some "Hadooken" brand from China...

:lmfao:

Toyo T1r's come in 45 series 15", which is the ONLY brand I'd get if I was hard up for some stretch on a 15.

But yeah man, you probably would have been better off considering your suspension upgrades first before going out and buying some super wide low offset wheels you want to "tuck". I mean what did you think was gonna happen, they'd just miraculously fit and look extra gangster? It takes more work than you'd think to have a good stance. Well you can always just throw them on as is and have the 90's poke out style... or you can hack up your suspension and bounce on down the road, eating up your tires. Not hating, cause I've definitely been there too man, lol. But do your research. There's a lot more that goes into "stance" than wide wheels and a mad drop, but I digress.

Best thing for you is to get some $50 ebay coils, crank down the perches, slap those sportmaxxes on, and deal with it. If it rides like crap, tough cookies. If they rub like crazy, PM me and I'll tell you how to fix that.

But if you want to do this right... Put the wheels in your closet for a while, and save up enough cheese to purchase a decent slammable suspension, front and rear camber kits, and a baseball bat... to roll your fenders of course.

Anyway, good luck man. :goodjob: