PDA

View Full Version : EVERYONES REQUIRED TO TUNE IN TONIGHT ON SPIKE TV 10PM

carrascopa
01-21-2009, 04:27 PM
UFC PRIMETIME EPISODE 2: BJ PENN VS GEORGE ST. PIERRE

EVERYONE WHO IS SITTING AT HOME WITH NOTHING TO DO, TUNE INTO THIS GROUNDBREAKING DOCUDRAMA AND SUPPORT MY BOSS AND FRIEND BJ PENN..

THAT IS ALL.. THANK YOU!

OH YA.. FOR EPISODE 1 WHICH AIRED LAST WEEK YOU CAN CHECK OUT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zn6GMrj7QvI

AND

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBOUF88Fsvc

AND EPISODE 3 WILL AIR NEXT WEEK.

THIS SHOW USES THE 24/7 FORMAT YOU HAVE SEEN ON HBO. WHAT THEY WILL AIR TONIGHT, WAS SHOT TODAY.. DANA WHITE THE UFC PRESIDENT ACTUALLY WAITS IN THE EDITING ROOMS FOR THE FOOTAGE FROM CANADA AND HAWAII TO BE UPLOADED ON THE SERVERS AND THEY START EDITING WITH ONLY AN HOUR OR TWO BEFORE THE SHOW AIRS.. IT IS THE ABSOLUTE CLOSEST AND MOST CURRENT LOOK INTO THE 2 FIGHTERS TRAINING CAMPS...

FUCCIN SICC SHIT!

AND BJ PENN ALL THE WAY!

Ran
01-21-2009, 04:30 PM
Hmm...sweaty man groping? Nah, I'm good. lol

Entertainment Section is that way ->

(Good luck to your buddy though)

Catnip
01-21-2009, 04:33 PM
My dad and I will probably be watching this. I'll be honest when I say I don't know much about it and I didn't even know about the sport until Spike started airing it, but it's very entertaining.

Ex_Vtec_Girl
01-21-2009, 04:41 PM
I'm gonna have to go with St. Pierre on this one :D

Catnip
01-21-2009, 04:42 PM

NOOOOO. Penn :yes:

carrascopa
01-21-2009, 04:46 PM

dude, GSP is one of my favorite fighters.. but im part of Team Penn Man!!! so fucc Georgy boy.. he gonna get hurt!!

Ex_Vtec_Girl
01-21-2009, 04:47 PM
How exactly are you part of Team Penn? :???: Just curious

carrascopa
01-21-2009, 04:56 PM
How exactly are you part of Team Penn? :???: Just curious

everytime I talk about it on here they delete it.. haha.. no lie.. so i cant be specific.. but....

BJ and I are friends, and I started working for him about 6 months ago.

Im the only Press agent for TEAM PENN. Basically, I use my charm and intellect to make sure we stay on top of everything involving mma.. etc..

I know everyone . Im actually on a personal basis with almost all the pro fighters and trainers coming out of california...

something most people dont know about me, is that I have a long history of martial arts in my family going back 3 generations here in california.. and so basically, im just a bad ass... nuff said..

heres me in vegas in my official Team Penn Shirt.. cant buy these.. for team members only.. the only t shirt i wear.. i have a closet full of em..

so support BJ PENN!!!!

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a339/CARRASCOPA/me.jpg

Killer
01-21-2009, 05:25 PM
i saw the first one last week... didn't know it was more than one show though....

apex
01-21-2009, 05:27 PM
gsp is gonna repeat the last encouter they had but finish this time. if hughes and koscheck can't get him down i don't think penn can.

the prodigy is sick too but i don't see it happening this time.

Killer
01-21-2009, 05:28 PM
as far as picking sides...

both are great fighters... and both seem to be nice stand up guys..

it'll be a great fight i'm sure.. i can't pick a fav though..

carrascopa
01-21-2009, 05:47 PM
gsp is gonna repeat the last encouter they had but finish this time. if hughes and koscheck can't get him down i don't think penn can.

the prodigy is sick too but i don't see it happening this time.

here is where your looking at this all wrong.. its not that Kos couldnt take him down, its that GSP couldnt finish Kos and he couldnt finish Fitch.

and if you think Kos and Fitch are on the same level as BJ then you got a few screw loose...

put it to you this way.. you know who taps fitch regularly?? Jake Shields... haha.. jake shields, and GSP cant finish the guy??

put it to you another way.. you know where GSP got his BJJ Blackbbelt?

Renzo Gracie..

you know what happened when BJ faced Renzo in pro competition?? thats right,... Renzo lost.. BJ beat GSP's trainers asss...

Ill just end it with you are right about being a repeat of the last fight.. a fight that BJ clearly won.. but lost a split decision due to uneducated judging officialls..

after they fought the first time, BJ went to the club and partied.. GSP spent 2 days in the hospital.. ( true story )

and MMA judges have learned and addaped to MMA and based on todays standard of judging BJ would have won the first fight..

fuccin they gave GSP round 3 and BJ had him in a gogoplata bout to finish GSP off as the bell rang.. it was clearly BJ's round, but the judges at the time were not educated enough to recognize that BJ almost put GSP to sleep in the final seconds..

PLUS and ill say this and go..

BJ's nutrition at the time of his first fight with GSP consisted of Mcdonalds and burritos..

He now has a personal chef, nutritionist, strength and conditioning coach, etc etc etc.. BJ is not gonna have to cut any weight for this fight and come in at a solid 6% bbody fat... he is currently faster and stronger then ever ..

no way GSP makes it out of the 3rd.. im calling it right now.. BJ FINISHES IN ROUND 1..

Sorry to all the GSP fans out there..

SleepingTalon
01-21-2009, 07:10 PM
here is where your looking at this all wrong.. its not that Kos couldnt take him down, its that GSP couldnt finish Kos and he couldnt finish Fitch.

and if you think Kos and Fitch are on the same level as BJ then you got a few screw loose...

put it to you this way.. you know who taps fitch regularly?? Jake Shields... haha.. jake shields, and GSP cant finish the guy??

put it to you another way.. you know where GSP got his BJJ Blackbbelt?

Renzo Gracie..

you know what happened when BJ faced Renzo in pro competition?? thats right,... Renzo lost.. BJ beat GSP's trainers asss...

Ill just end it with you are right about being a repeat of the last fight.. a fight that BJ clearly won.. but lost a split decision due to uneducated judging officialls..

after they fought the first time, BJ went to the club and partied.. GSP spent 2 days in the hospital.. ( true story )

and MMA judges have learned and addaped to MMA and based on todays standard of judging BJ would have won the first fight..

fuccin they gave GSP round 3 and BJ had him in a gogoplata bout to finish GSP off as the bell rang.. it was clearly BJ's round, but the judges at the time were not educated enough to recognize that BJ almost put GSP to sleep in the final seconds..

PLUS and ill say this and go..

BJ's nutrition at the time of his first fight with GSP consisted of Mcdonalds and burritos..

He now has a personal chef, nutritionist, strength and conditioning coach, etc etc etc.. BJ is not gonna have to cut any weight for this fight and come in at a solid 6% bbody fat... he is currently faster and stronger then ever ..

no way GSP makes it out of the 3rd.. im calling it right now.. BJ FINISHES IN ROUND 1..

Sorry to all the GSP fans out there..

I know BJ as well, and think he's gonna maul GSP, but there are a few factual errors in your statement.

1, Jake Shields is a top level ADCC grappler, and him tapping Fitch is no big deal. Caesar Gracie purple belts have been known to tap other peoples black belts, so I'm not surprised. Case in point would be Nate Diaz, who tapped Kurt Pelligrino with a triangle, and Kurt is a BJJ black belt from ATT.

2. GSP did NOT get his BJJ black belt from Renzo Gracie. He got it from Bruno Fernandes. GSP used to travel to NYC to train at Renzo's school, as did I, but that relationship ended when GSP started training with Greg Jackson, and more importantly, when Matt Serra fought him, as Matt is the FIRST BJJ black belt under Renzo.

3. I'm the biggest BJ Penn fan in the world, have trained with him, etc, but under the criteria of MMA rules, he clearly lost. GSP managed to take him down and hold him down, inflicting no damage, but squeaking out a decision. Also, that gogoplata wasn't close, as GSP still very much had his base under him, so he was never in any danger of being finished. He even escaped before the round came to a close.

Anyway, this fight is gonna be much different. A fully motivated, and NEW BJ Penn is gonna come in there and probably finish GSP. I can't wait to see it.

Brett
01-21-2009, 07:11 PM
fuck yo show nigga!!!!

carrascopa
01-21-2009, 07:39 PM
I know BJ as well, and think he's gonna maul GSP, but there are a few factual errors in your statement.

1, Jake Shields is a top level ADCC grappler, and him tapping Fitch is no big deal. Caesar Gracie purple belts have been known to tap other peoples black belts, so I'm not surprised. Case in point would be Nate Diaz, who tapped Kurt Pelligrino with a triangle, and Kurt is a BJJ black belt from ATT.

2. GSP did NOT get his BJJ black belt from Renzo Gracie. He got it from Bruno Fernandes. GSP used to travel to NYC to train at Renzo's school, as did I, but that relationship ended when GSP started training with Greg Jackson, and more importantly, when Matt Serra fought him, as Matt is the FIRST BJJ black belt under Renzo.

3. I'm the biggest BJ Penn fan in the world, have trained with him, etc, but under the criteria of MMA rules, he clearly lost. GSP managed to take him down and hold him down, inflicting no damage, but squeaking out a decision. Also, that gogoplata wasn't close, as GSP still very much had his base under him, so he was never in any danger of being finished. He even escaped before the round came to a close.

Anyway, this fight is gonna be much different. A fully motivated, and NEW BJ Penn is gonna come in there and probably finish GSP. I can't wait to see it.

here we go.... YOur getting very technical and I was trying to keep the discussion light for the people on this board, as this is not an mma forum in any way shape or form..

1. more then adcc which is where infact Jake tapped Fitch... Shields is an mma champion and also a friend of mine.. My point was that GSP is rated #1 @WW.. and Shields is rates # 6,7 depends on whos ranking system..

but it is my opinion that GSP is waaaay overrated... and dont flame me for that.. its simply an opinion.. I know mmath never totally adds up, but based on historical data mmath is 72% accurate when trying to analyze a match up based on previous competition..

I merely was taking the examples given by the previous poster and stating that In my opinion if GSP cannot finish a guy that my boy shields would probably tear up in an mma match, then GSP is not as dominate as the previous poster proclaimed.. ( if you are going to use those match ups as examples.. )

2. GSP trained alot with Renzo, alot alot alot alot alot alot.. it was when his issue with Matt Serra came up that GSP started going to Brazil and training there.. when GSP actually was given his first black belt he earned it in brazil and not at Jacksons camp..

It was only a few months ago during the big Black belt ceremonies in NY i believe is when GSP and Renzo mended the relationship and Renzo did infact give GSP his black belt under him also..

I promise you, GSP has his black from Renzo also, and that is the belt he is claiming..the whole Brazil thing kinda got swepped under the rug after that..

3. I think it is awesome that you are a Penn friend and fan.. but there are no clear mma rules to judge a fight by like you state.. the judges are appointed by each states athletic commision and they are boxing judges not mma judges.. mma addopted the boxing method of judging with the 10 point must system.. but that really has nothing to do with the unified rules of mma as the rules do not cross over into the judging world...

for you to sit there and say that BJ clearly lost the first fight based on mma rules is very misleading to people who dont know any better and I would like for you to be more cautious when stating opionions as facts..

if he clearly won the fight there would not have been a split decision. But infact, 1 judge gave the fight to Penn..

MMA as a sport is only what?? 9 years old?? and that fight was 2.5-3years ago.. I stand by my statements that the judges in mma are now much more informed then they were back then and it is my opinion that based on current judging standards they would have absolutely given that fight to Penn..

the LAy and Prey antics that GSP used in his first fight with Penn are no where near as widely tolerated as they were back then. GSP's inactivity on the ground would now be immediately nullified by a referee forced stand-up..

you can say whatever you want.. but the fact is This debate can go on and on and on and on... with mma being so new and available to everyone alot of missinformation is given out..

ex.. people out there actually thought Kevin FErguson aka Kimbo Slice was a legit HW contendor when he wasnts..

and you sir are contributing to that kind of ignorance with your post about judging rules that dont exist.. and claiming that BJ clearly lost the fight..

GSP dont think he won that fight,.... he may say he does now, but thats not what he was saying in the locker room post fight..

BJ thinks he won the fight, and he still stands by that..

so i guess my point is that you talk a good game, but i dont believe in you, you smoke alot of blunts but I got more weed then you..

but props for being a BJ fan, although your the first BJ friend and Fan I have met that thought he lost that fight bro.. thats something you should not tell too many people in the same breath as Im friends with bJ..

I would also like to add that If you would like me to source my information for you I will gladly do it.. but it does sound like you will grasp my points here... but if you want sources bro, videos, photos, interview, articles, whatever, just let me know.. I ll send em right ova!

DrivenMind
01-21-2009, 07:44 PM
GSP's gonna take it.

carrascopa
01-21-2009, 07:59 PM
ooh ya, and maybe I was exagerating a lil about the 3rd round GoGo attempt, but point was, judges back then couldnt identify subs attempts like that and now they can ( most of them at least )

and sub attempts do fall into octagon control..

apex
01-21-2009, 08:12 PM
f them both...i can't wait for fedor vs arlovski. fedor will f up penn and gsp, at the same time, with one hand, and no legs.

SleepingTalon
01-21-2009, 08:40 PM
here we go.... YOur getting very technical and I was trying to keep the discussion light for the people on this board, as this is not an mma forum in any way shape or form..

1. more then adcc which is where infact Jake tapped Fitch... Shields is an mma champion and also a friend of mine.. My point was that GSP is rated #1 @WW.. and Shields is rates # 6,7 depends on whos ranking system..

but it is my opinion that GSP is waaaay overrated... and dont flame me for that.. its simply an opinion.. I know mmath never totally adds up, but based on historical data mmath is 72% accurate when trying to analyze a match up based on previous competition..

I merely was taking the examples given by the previous poster and stating that In my opinion if GSP cannot finish a guy that my boy shields would probably tear up in an mma match, then GSP is not as dominate as the previous poster proclaimed.. ( if you are going to use those match ups as examples.. )

2. GSP trained alot with Renzo, alot alot alot alot alot alot.. it was when his issue with Matt Serra came up that GSP started going to Brazil and training there.. when GSP actually was given his first black belt he earned it in brazil and not at Jacksons camp..

It was only a few months ago during the big Black belt ceremonies in NY i believe is when GSP and Renzo mended the relationship and Renzo did infact give GSP his black belt under him also..

I promise you, GSP has his black from Renzo also, and that is the belt he is claiming..the whole Brazil thing kinda got swepped under the rug after that..

3. I think it is awesome that you are a Penn friend and fan.. but there are no clear mma rules to judge a fight by like you state.. the judges are appointed by each states athletic commision and they are boxing judges not mma judges.. mma addopted the boxing method of judging with the 10 point must system.. but that really has nothing to do with the unified rules of mma as the rules do not cross over into the judging world...

for you to sit there and say that BJ clearly lost the first fight based on mma rules is very misleading to people who dont know any better and I would like for you to be more cautious when stating opionions as facts..

if he clearly won the fight there would not have been a split decision. But infact, 1 judge gave the fight to Penn..

MMA as a sport is only what?? 9 years old?? and that fight was 2.5-3years ago.. I stand by my statements that the judges in mma are now much more informed then they were back then and it is my opinion that based on current judging standards they would have absolutely given that fight to Penn..

the LAy and Prey antics that GSP used in his first fight with Penn are no where near as widely tolerated as they were back then. GSP's inactivity on the ground would now be immediately nullified by a referee forced stand-up..

you can say whatever you want.. but the fact is This debate can go on and on and on and on... with mma being so new and available to everyone alot of missinformation is given out..

ex.. people out there actually thought Kevin FErguson aka Kimbo Slice was a legit HW contendor when he wasnts..

and you sir are contributing to that kind of ignorance with your post about judging rules that dont exist.. and claiming that BJ clearly lost the fight..

GSP dont think he won that fight,.... he may say he does now, but thats not what he was saying in the locker room post fight..

BJ thinks he won the fight, and he still stands by that..

so i guess my point is that you talk a good game, but i dont believe in you, you smoke alot of blunts but I got more weed then you..

but props for being a BJ fan, although your the first BJ friend and Fan I have met that thought he lost that fight bro.. thats something you should not tell too many people in the same breath as Im friends with bJ..

I would also like to add that If you would like me to source my information for you I will gladly do it.. but it does sound like you will grasp my points here... but if you want sources bro, videos, photos, interview, articles, whatever, just let me know.. I ll send em right ova!

First off, you bringing up the fact that Shields taps Fitch, isn't really relevant, but the way you stated it made it out to be like Shields isn't a top WW, when in fact he is. Either way, it doesn't matter. Guys get tapped all the time, it's not a big deal. ADCC isn't MMA, so it's not even really relevant.

GSP overrated? I don't agree with that. If that's the case, then all the WW's are overrated, because he's beaten all of them with the exception of Alves.

GSP was a brown belt under Renzo, as I trained under Renzo and Paul Creighton for quite some time. I can easily find out, but I'm almost 100% that Renzo didn't award him a BB, and that he just endorsed the fact that GSP deserved it. I can easily find out though, as I can just call Renzo or Paul to get the story straight.

MMA in the this country under the "unified rules" does use the 10 pt must system, but what does that have to do with them not being MMA rules? They were created for boxing, and I agree, they don't really work for MMA, but they are in fact MMA's judging criteria in this country, so within the confines of how fights are scored, GSP won. Please tell me how you would award GSP the 3rd round under the 10 pt must system? He simply couldn't have won that round. The LnP that GSP used was total bullshit, and I don't agree with it, but it does allow people to squeak out decisions. The same way that shitty TD attempts are ok in this country, because you don't have to suffer knees to the head. Also, the fact that you're using Cecil Peoples as an example shows how little you know about the history of the state athletic commissions judging. Cecil Peoples has fucked up many score cards, so his view is always taken with a grain of salt. With that said, if this fight would've taken place under Pride's rules, BJ would've won without a doubt, but it took place in the US, so no dice on that one. Again, I don't agree with it, but getting taken down and held down, even with no damage done, still scores points. Also, NJ actually uses separate MMA judges, so you're gonna start seeing the 10pt must system used, just with seperate MMA judges.

WTF does GSP not thinking he won the fight, when he got into the locker room. have to do with anything? He got busted up really bad in the 1st round, and hadn't even watched the fight yet, so how could he have been able to really judge his performance? After he saw the fight, he knew he won, but he knew that BJ made him look like a total, complete, clown, and that it was his toughest fight to date.

LnP tactics aren't tolerated now? That's a laugh. LnP is just as much a part of the game now, as it was then. Jeez, Okami and Lister just had a bore fest that saw Dean get CUT from his contract! That shit happens all the time.

BJ thinks he won the "fight" but not under the confines of the rules. His EXACT words were "This isn't the Ultimate Takedown Championship, it's the Ultimate Fighting Championship", and went on to state that he doesn't really care for the way that fights are judged, but that his mistake was not being in shape and letting GSP pin him up against the fence, etc.

BTW, I replied to your PM, so if you wanna reply to this, just send it to my inbox, that way we don't flood this thread with our BS, lol.

Got Milk?
01-21-2009, 08:41 PM
GEORGE ST. PIERRE>BJ PENN

carrascopa
01-21-2009, 09:05 PM
First off, you bringing up the fact that Shields taps Fitch, isn't really relevant, but the way you stated it made it out to be like Shields isn't a top WW, when in fact he is. Either way, it doesn't matter. Guys get tapped all the time, it's not a big deal. ADCC isn't MMA, so it's not even really relevant.

GSP overrated? I don't agree with that. If that's the case, then all the WW's are overrated, because he's beaten all of them with the exception of Alves.

GSP was a brown belt under Renzo, as I trained under Renzo and Paul Creighton for quite some time. I can easily find out, but I'm almost 100% that Renzo didn't award him a BB, and that he just endorsed the fact that GSP deserved it. I can easily find out though, as I can just call Renzo or Paul to get the story straight.

MMA in the this country under the "unified rules" does use the 10 pt must system, but what does that have to do with them not being MMA rules? They were created for boxing, and I agree, they don't really work for MMA, but they are in fact MMA's judging criteria in this country, so within the confines of how fights are scored, GSP won. Please tell me how you would award GSP the 3rd round under the 10 pt must system? He simply couldn't have won that round. The LnP that GSP used was total bullshit, and I don't agree with it, but it does allow people to squeak out decisions. The same way that shitty TD attempts are ok in this country, because you don't have to suffer knees to the head. Also, the fact that you're using Cecil Peoples as an example shows how little you know about the history of the state athletic commissions judging. Cecil Peoples has fucked up many score cards, so his view is always taken with a grain of salt. With that said, if this fight would've taken place under Pride's rules, BJ would've won without a doubt, but it took place in the US, so no dice on that one. Again, I don't agree with it, but getting taken down and held down, even with no damage done, still scores points. Also, NJ actually uses separate MMA judges, so you're gonna start seeing the 10pt must system used, just with seperate MMA judges.

WTF does GSP not thinking he won the fight, when he got into the locker room. have to do with anything? He got busted up really bad in the 1st round, and hadn't even watched the fight yet, so how could he have been able to really judge his performance? After he saw the fight, he knew he won, but he knew that BJ made him look like a total, complete, clown, and that it was his toughest fight to date.

LnP tactics aren't tolerated now? That's a laugh. LnP is just as much a part of the game now, as it was then. Jeez, Okami and Lister just had a bore fest that saw Dean get CUT from his contract! That shit happens all the time.

BJ thinks he won the "fight" but not under the confines of the rules. His EXACT words were "This isn't the Ultimate Takedown Championship, it's the Ultimate Fighting Championship", and went on to state that he doesn't really care for the way that fights are judged, but that his mistake was not being in shape and letting GSP pin him up against the fence, etc.

BTW, I replied to your PM, so if you wanna reply to this, just send it to my inbox, that way we don't flood this thread with our BS, lol.

Honestly bro... its all good homey... I seriously aint gonna keep going back and forth nor am i even gonna waste my time reading your novel of a rebutal... I hope whatever you wrote up there is good, but i for one dont have time to read it.. lol.. take care anyways bro

TTT
BJ ALL THE WAY

ITS 10 IN ATLANTA.. YOU FUCCERS BETTER BE TUNED INTO SPIKE,.. I KNOW ITS GOTTA BE COLD OUT THERE RIGHT NOW, SO GRAB A HUNNY SIT DOWN AND WATCH THE FLICK... SHOW RE-AIRS AT 10:30

Turbo Terrance
01-21-2009, 09:09 PM
I WILL BET ANY REASONABLE AMOUNT OF MONEY THAT BJ WILL ERADICATE GSP.....

carrascopa
01-21-2009, 09:56 PM
right on turbo!! BJ all da way

and i would also like to take this moment and vouch for Mr Sleeping Talon, him and I have had a good discussion through PM's .. the guy is definately credible even though we got into our lil debate... the things him and I dont agree on, may actually come out he is right.. I guess we are gonna see if we can crack a story together which would be sicc..

so right on Talon, glad i met you bro!!

AND EVERYONE BETTER HAVE WATCHED THE SHOW TONIGHT WE ARE LOOKIN FOR GOOD RATINGS YO!!

AND subleg I c u

RandomGuy
01-21-2009, 10:18 PM
chuck norris can beat both of their asses