PDA

View Full Version : car's going away in 2009

GLulic
01-21-2009, 01:22 PM
this took me by surprise i didn't think they'd ever get rid of some of these cars but guess anythings possible... obama:ninja:

http://autos.yahoo.com/articles/autos_content_landing_pages/844/6-cars-on-death-row/

RandomGuy
01-21-2009, 01:28 PM
noooooooooo viper noooooooooooooo

I grew up hating that american car came so close to my all time favs

Alan®
01-21-2009, 01:30 PM
H3, PT Cruiser, and the SC GOOD FUCKING BUY

OneSlow5pt0
01-21-2009, 02:14 PM
damn,that sucks about the sky.

Sammich
01-21-2009, 02:16 PM

you mean bye right?

TheGodfather
01-21-2009, 02:17 PM
Why the S2k?

What are they going to have now?

Sammich
01-21-2009, 02:17 PM

you mean bye right?

i agree w/ 2/3rds of your post...dueces to the h3, pt cruiser and viper

Sammich
01-21-2009, 02:18 PM
Why the S2k?

ITR son

A.P. Photography
01-21-2009, 02:19 PM
you mean bye right?

this is IA fool, you have to guess what the poster meant. :lmfao:

TheGodfather
01-21-2009, 02:19 PM
ITR son

They ain't making new ones of those.

Alan®
01-21-2009, 02:20 PM
you mean bye right?

I used to sell SC's I'm sorry they are pointless cars. If your going to make a convertible with a back seat, it should be useable by more than groceries and midgets. And if your going to put a V8 in it it better have more than 300hp.

collins
01-21-2009, 02:21 PM
Why the S2k?

What are they going to have now? civic mugen rr? :lmfao:

Sammich
01-21-2009, 02:21 PM
They ain't making new ones of those.

12k redline hitting vtec 3times in the duration..hitting at 2.5k, 5k and 9k:ninja:

this is IA fool, you have to guess what the poster meant.

qft lol

Sammich
01-21-2009, 02:22 PM
I used to sell SC's I'm sorry they are pointless cars. If your going to make a convertible with a back seat, it should be useable by more than groceries and midgets. And if your going to put a V8 in it it better have more than 300hp.

well i like the SC's myself:D

but most of who i see, locally, driving these are chicks:goodjob:

A.P. Photography
01-21-2009, 02:22 PM
Probably see a new replacement in a few years once the economy comes back around.

Catnip
01-21-2009, 02:23 PM
ITR son

you mean CTR, right?

MongolPup
01-21-2009, 02:24 PM
I'm sad to see the Viper go not because of some misguided loyalty to American cars or because I really like it, but because it is an unapologetic sports car. It isn't civil, and if you couldn't handle that, then Dodge didn't want you to buy it. Reminds me of an old ad out of BMW's Motorsports division; they said that if you don't like something about the behavior of the M3, then they don't want you to have one.

Sammich
01-21-2009, 02:24 PM
you mean CTR, right?

does it look like the I is close to teh C on the keyboard? this aint no typo, this is real shit

Sammich
01-21-2009, 02:26 PM
I'm sad to see the Viper go not because of some misguided loyalty to American cars or because I really like it, but because it is an unapologetic sports car. It isn't civil, and if you couldn't handle that, then Dodge didn't want you to buy it. Reminds me of an old ad out of BMW's Motorsports division; they said that if you don't like something about the behavior of the M3, then they don't want you to have one.

seemed to me though, like all mopar late vehicles, they look outdated so quick. the corvette didnt have that affect, to me at least, even old, it still looked brand new car, if u feel where i'm trying to come from

bigdare23
does it look like the I is close to teh C on the keyboard? this aint no typo, this is real shit

proof

Catnip

Oh, so you're just stupid?

:ninja:

GLulic
01-21-2009, 02:27 PM
^^lol
but i for one am sad to see the s2k go but i guess all good thing must come to an end.
but the viper was never really worth/affordable by the middle class lol.

bigdare23
01-21-2009, 02:27 PM
civic mugen rr? :lmfao:

While you're joking, that car actually out performed the s2k by a long shot. So I could see it as a replacement ;) (too bad the US is so damn strict on cars)

Master Shake
01-21-2009, 02:28 PM
pt cruiser and h3 i could care less about.
both suck either way.
s2k, should be kept. viper....eh, i'm nuetral on it. sc...not to crazy about.

OneSlow5pt0
i never been a fan of the SRT-10 vipers,i mean thier faster......but i love the GTS style

Master Shake
While you're joking, that car actually out performed the s2k by a long shot. So I could see it as a replacement ;) (too bad the US is so damn strict on cars)X2
in california, its ILLEGAL to have a SR20DET, but the SR20DE is ok...

Sammich
01-21-2009, 02:29 PM
proof

well...gimmie a year:D

MongolPup
01-21-2009, 02:29 PM
seemed to me though, like all mopar late vehicles, they look outdated so quick. the corvette didnt have that affect, to me at least, even old, it still looked brand new car, if u feel where i'm trying to come from

Maybe it wasn't the execution that I liked, but the intentions behind it. I remember that for a while Chrysler had good engineering, but bad applications of their ideas.

MongolPup
01-21-2009, 02:30 PM
X2
in california, its ILLEGAL to have a SR20DET, but the SR20DE is ok...

You act like there is no difference between the two that warrants that.

Sammich
01-21-2009, 02:32 PM
Maybe it wasn't the execution that I liked, but the intentions behind it. I remember that for a while Chrysler had good engineering, but bad applications of their ideas.

yea, true, which is why i never really like mopar like that..viper i loved when i was growing up, cuz i only heard of the large engine..but getting older, u learn that its not all about the engine size..its a compilation of best bang for your buck. and i'm a kind of person that likes a car to be like wine, get better w/ age, not age and look used before its time to be crushed, na meen. seems like the viper was over rated to an extent..now three dodges i wouldnt mind owning is the viper srt-10, srt-8 and the new challenger (preferably the one that was posted on here a wk ago

Buttons
01-21-2009, 02:33 PM
it sucks that the skys have to go :( they were pretty sexy even though i don't admit it to sky owners.

J-ROCK
01-21-2009, 02:34 PM
thats crazy cant believe they stoppin production of the s2000

Master Shake
01-21-2009, 02:35 PM
You act like there is no difference between the two that warrants that.one is turbo, the other NA, and due to the emissions standards, they won't let the DET be used. but i'm sure people do it anyway.

MongolPup
01-21-2009, 02:35 PM
viper i loved when i was growing up, cuz i only heard of the large engine..

Very valid point. I remember being younger and judging a car only by the number of cylinders. And as the person who posted that link to the ten could that's could have been awesome list (or whatever it was) proved, it takes more than brute force to create an excellent, well rounded car.

Kevykev
01-21-2009, 02:38 PM
Why the S2k?

Honda will NEVER have a Full line or cars.

The should've called it the s2000 limited, one generation with a slight restyle.

MongolPup
01-21-2009, 02:39 PM
one is turbo, the other NA, and due to the emissions standards, they won't let the DET be used. but i'm sure people do it anyway.

I drive a 240 lol. If Nissan had wanted to make the FI SR work in America, they could have. But at some point someone crunched out a cost/benefit analysis and decided it wasn't worth it. The DOT/environmental people didn't just black list every motor with a turbo on it, obviously since there are any number of them mass produced.

And yes, people do it anyway. There is one that sleeps in my garage every night.

mocha latte cupcake
01-21-2009, 03:14 PM
zomg no!!!!!!!!!! no teh ESS TWO KAY!

Hulud
01-21-2009, 03:16 PM
im surprised at the amount of people just now finding out the viper was coming to its end.

the viper is old news its been in the works for years now with a deadline anonced for a couple years.

EJ25RUN
01-21-2009, 03:18 PM
I always found it ironic that it was the French that represented the Viper better than anyone else. Oreca to be exact.

This is almost like when the GT40 and the 917 left us. I really do hope either Saleen or someone of that caliber picks up on the project. Kinda like what Caterham did for the Lotus 7 and Superformance did for the Cobra.

http://www.7extrememotorsports.com/lemans/cars/dodge-viper-gtsr-22.jpg

4dmin
01-21-2009, 03:24 PM
lol s2k bahhhh ... i wonder what the next civic will be?

_Christian_
01-21-2009, 03:54 PM
It's a shame that Chrysler is doing away with the Viper. :(

Master Shake
01-21-2009, 07:23 PM
I drive a 240 lol. If Nissan had wanted to make the FI SR work in America, they could have. But at some point someone crunched out a cost/benefit analysis and decided it wasn't worth it. The DOT/environmental people didn't just black list every motor with a turbo on it, obviously since there are any number of them mass produced.

And yes, people do it anyway. There is one that sleeps in my garage every night.i know its wasn't every turbo motor that was banned. the emissions standards are getting steep, but some people will always disregard it and do it anyway just to get the extra HP out of the car. nissan could have done a lot of things to get the car to pass here, but seems like they just decided where it was at was good enough cause people were still buying it up like hotcakes on sunday.

MR2DR
01-21-2009, 07:38 PM
damn man the s2k is really gone in 2009 =[... I was hoping we might be getting the new styling as seen in the TAS.

oh well they say the s3k is coming soon..

osiriskidd
01-22-2009, 09:48 AM
damn man the s2k is really gone in 2009 =[... I was hoping we might be getting the new styling as seen in the TAS.

yea i was thinking the same about the s3k. like s2k is dying FOR the s3k.

kinda like rsx died for 09 civic. cept a little different i guess:thinking:

EJ25RUN
01-22-2009, 09:52 AM

yea i was thinking the same about the s3k. like s2k is dying FOR the s3k.

kinda like rsx died for 09 civic. cept a little different i guess:thinking:

This is almost a month old now. Get real Honda people.

Honda reportedly kills S2000 replacement, V8 program, RWD Acuras

Autoblog.

Honda's attempt to right-size its development schedule and cope with the economic downturn apparently extends beyond the cancellation of the next NSX. According to Autocar, HoMoCo is right-sizing its plans for the next two years, and that includes rethinking the development of a range of rear-wheel-drive Acuras, a new V8, a convertible based on the CR-Z and the S2000's successor.

Acura seems to be carrying the weight of the bad news, with its RWD 7-series rival, originally due out in 2015, cancelled indefinitely, along with development of a V8 engine that would allow the brand to compete with the best and brightest from Germany. The Euro-market Legend could also be on the block and there's a chance that Honda will stop developing two separate Accord models for sale in the U.S. and abroad, instead opting for one mid-size sedan to be sold worldwide.

Unfortunately, the development cease-fire also extends to Honda's smaller offerings. Honda planned to release a drop-top version of its CR-Z after the hybrid goes on sale next year, but that model has been nixed. Even more disturbingly, 2009 will be the last year of production for the S2000, with no heir apparent waiting in the wings.

We're hoping to get more details on the cut-backs as the week progresses, but needless to say, there's more than enough disappointment to go around.

AnthonyF
01-22-2009, 10:04 AM
The Viper discussion has been around for awhile. It is true that it MIGHT be discontinued. One of the reasons for selling my truck and locating a Gen II before they perm stop making them.

-Ant.

osnap
01-22-2009, 10:27 AM
The S2000 has always been a limited production, limited run vehicle, so really that comes as no surprise.

And OP, if you seriously think this has something to do with Obama, you're a total fucktard.

osiriskidd
01-22-2009, 01:05 PM
This is almost a month old now. Get real Honda people.

Honda reportedly kills S2000 replacement, V8 program, RWD Acuras

Autoblog.

Honda's attempt to right-size its development schedule and cope with the economic downturn apparently extends beyond the cancellation of the next NSX. According to Autocar, HoMoCo is right-sizing its plans for the next two years, and that includes rethinking the development of a range of rear-wheel-drive Acuras, a new V8, a convertible based on the CR-Z and the S2000's successor.

Acura seems to be carrying the weight of the bad news, with its RWD 7-series rival, originally due out in 2015, cancelled indefinitely, along with development of a V8 engine that would allow the brand to compete with the best and brightest from Germany. The Euro-market Legend could also be on the block and there's a chance that Honda will stop developing two separate Accord models for sale in the U.S. and abroad, instead opting for one mid-size sedan to be sold worldwide.

Unfortunately, the development cease-fire also extends to Honda's smaller offerings. Honda planned to release a drop-top version of its CR-Z after the hybrid goes on sale next year, but that model has been nixed. Even more disturbingly, 2009 will be the last year of production for the S2000, with no heir apparent waiting in the wings.

We're hoping to get more details on the cut-backs as the week progresses, but needless to say, there's more than enough disappointment to go around.
i dont keep up with honda news:tongue1:

§treet_§peed
01-22-2009, 01:21 PM
thats sad.