PDA

View Full Version : oh shit it's a rant (bp meets)

HiPSI
09-17-2005, 01:25 AM
so tonight i ventured up to the BP meet with marshall just to see what's going on down there. a few people were out, wasn't suprised that most are down at nopi so it was a small crowd. my observations were as follows:

-every crappy car in the lot had to start their shit just to rev it once and shut it down
-every other crappy car decided it was some kind of good idea to haul ass up and down the lot, even though the cops were hanging around all the time
-if you pop your hood to show a friend new parts or to explain something to someone, you will be challeged to a race by a total POS car, by a group of guys with accents (not the cars ;))
-apparently it's a good idea to carry a cooler of beer in your trunk, and it makes your cool status go 39824389238472397843289x higher when you walk around the lot drinking it in front of everone
-cool factor of 4084504358084350984350983450843x more if you leave your trash on the ground
-if you drive a semi-decent car, it's imperative that you don't know shit about it and just kinda make it up as you go along instead of admitting to not having built the car or just sticking to what you DO know
-if someone lines up a race, you must have an entourage of at least 40 cars to follow along, it must be safer that way or something?
-people in red evos seem to think the lot is their personal playground
-people in silver rsx's also think it's a race course
-POS 4 door civics with an intake must be revved at least a few times before bolting off down the parking lot (of course that's all relative, this one didn't really do much more than make noise)
-guys with stock M3's think their cars are amazing when they go beat a bunch of obviously slower cars
-every car that pulls into the lot must be looked at for a potential race by your clique and commented on how slow they think it really is

now, here's what really pisses me off on this subject... marshall spent a few minutes talking to the gwinnett county police sgt that was sitting there in his car, and the basics of the conversation were that they don't care that people are there, if they would just not leave trash around and not haul ass through the lot. how fucking hard is it to do that? seriously. is it so hard to walk your stupid ass over to the trash can to deposit your 20oz coke bottle into it when you're done with it? is there some kind of laser detection system that will cut you into little itty bitty pieces when you go over there? did i miss the invisible wall between the lot and the trashcan at petco? it's gotta be like a 40 foot walk, i know that's a lot to ask of a bunch of people with a collective IQ of a retarded feline, but it can be done. i literally couldn't count the number of bottles on the ground, foam cups, and worst of all alcohol containers (glass of all things) getting run over in the lot. i would think that at least a few people up there would have enough sense to want to be able to meet there, but i guess common sense is too much to ask for.

btw, when was the last time someone got a trophy for driving fast in a parking lot outside of an auto-x event? i know a few years ago i was doing 65 through walmart, and after i got to the end of the row a hot trophy girl bounded out and handed me a trophy and her number, but i thought that ended a long time ago. i just love the fact that the sgt was circling the lot for an hour, and morons still feel the need to come in and jump on the gas crossing from BP into the petco lot. i honestly wish that was an offense punishable by brute force. the douche in the red evo did that and nearly clipped one of the guys that we were talking to, and at that point i think the recourse should be one quick shot to the nose of the offender from the person he just endangered. then and only then would people possibly have half a thought about their actions before performing such stupidity in front of a live studio audience. alas, even kicking someone's ass as an example wouldn't get anything through the thick skulls of the morons that do that shit.

the moral of my ranting is that the next time you want to bitch about getting kicked out of a meeting spot (one that you know you're not supposed to be at in the first place), think about your surroundings. did you leave trash on the ground? were the usual asshats acting dumb? i'm damn sure that the BP thing won't last much longer if things remain as they are, and that almost saddens me... but i'll be sitting here laughing my ass off when someone posts a complaint about the cops busting meets or hating the police for something they did :D.

JustinSane110™
09-17-2005, 01:32 AM
:wgaf:

Just playing man, but seriously who doesn't hate these little jackasses that do this shit. Then like you said, when they shut down their meets then the ones that fucked it all up are gonna be the ones that are surprised and not understand why it happened. Maybe they're scared of what might happen if their IQ gets higher than their shoe size.

jrobbins30041
09-17-2005, 01:44 AM
I went to a few meets up here in cumming and this is why i stopped going to them. Id rather have a few friends over at my house, have a snack and a drink and talk about our cars and other stuff then go to another meet again.

iloveboost
09-17-2005, 06:34 AM
I've never been to a BP meet. Is it usually just a bunch of ricers revving and doing stupid stuff?

I've heard these meets are decent, so I'm just wondering before I waste gas.

redlinenprelude
09-17-2005, 08:02 AM
damn skippy..

Bishop
09-17-2005, 08:25 AM
fuck that shit

Brett
09-17-2005, 09:04 AM
i know that's a lot to ask of a bunch of people with a collective IQ of a retarded feline, but it can be done

^^ Now thats fuckin classic!! HA HA HA HA

But I am with Erin 100%. It amazes me how the last year or so all these new moron kids have joined IA and then add to them thier friends, and then people wonder why meet locations WE have been using for 3+ years are now not allowing us there any more. Its because these dumb ass kids and dumb ass people in general have no clue to what a meet is, and they think the stupid shit they do actually does impress some one. This is why me personally, I have not been to a meet in god knows how long, because the last NP meet I went to, was all teenage kids who acted like little fuckin morons instead of just keeping quiet and trying to fit in with the people who had been hanging there for years. I guess they didnt see how those of us there for years dont do the dumb shit they do, so I guess they felt it would impress us to see them do it :gay:

Julio
09-17-2005, 09:11 AM
sad .. sad... sad...

chuck
09-17-2005, 09:27 AM
haha, i love your rants erin!!!

yeah, i remember some people on here at the target meet just leaving plates, a pizza box, cups/bottles and forks at a target meet one time...i was like WTF, are you serious???

boosted1jz
09-17-2005, 09:34 AM
thats pretty much the same thing that happend at NP, all these tool bags have to rev their POfuckingS hondas, dumb fucks with BMWs feel it nessisary to do donuts in the parking lot.... and alot of others love to leave shit alll over the place....... then wonder y we get kicked out

TranceDJ06
09-17-2005, 10:00 AM
Which BP?..cause the barrett one sometimes is big time to time. but I never go, seeing people cruisin bout to crash into pumps n shit.

Darling Nikki
09-17-2005, 10:04 AM
^ I am guessing Barrett?

Ruiner
09-17-2005, 10:04 AM
You should have called me! I would have shown up. Use that phone, Marshall. :) It's always interesting to hear the comments when my car pulls up. Ahahahah.

Ruiner
09-17-2005, 10:05 AM
Which BP?..

85/Pleasant Hill

Ruiner
09-17-2005, 10:05 AM
^ I am guessing Barrett?

Wrong one. The big one that most people go to is the one off of Pleasant Hill/I-85.

TranceDJ06
09-17-2005, 10:10 AM
Lol ^^ people seeing a 911 turbo pulling up in the Lot " ohh shit man " "check it out" "lets ask him to open tha hood and then race him in my honda!!"

Ruiner
09-17-2005, 10:32 AM
Lol ^^ people seeing a 911 turbo pulling up in the Lot " ohh shit man " "check it out" "lets ask him to open tha hood and then race him in my honda!!"

Basically. Of course, when I open the "hood" and there is no engine, they are like "wtf, man?". That happens ALL of the time.

HiPSI
09-17-2005, 10:50 AM
dude that was there in the m3 likely would've thought he could beat you... i was tempted to talk to shit to him just because he was all excited about beating some audi S4 and some other people from the 40 car group that followed them to watch.

the silver 350Z was the best though... claimed 550whp with a stillen supercharger, BUAAHAHAHAHAHAHA. i think he also made the claim that it was the first 350z with a supercharger and that stillen bought it from the dealership and built it. the car had a maxie price chevrolet dealer tag on it... sure, and my elderly grandmother is a professional breakdancer ;). he ran marshall and got stomped time and time again, i was the chase car for that. we managed to outwit everyone and nobody followed us out... it was like mission impossible to pull that one off.

WINDSOR
09-17-2005, 10:52 AM
bp pretty much sucks for the most part. Most there are stupid kids who don't have shit to run.

WINDSOR
09-17-2005, 10:53 AM
dude that was there in the m3 likely would've thought he could beat you... i was tempted to talk to shit to him just because he was all excited about beating some audi S4 and some other people from the 40 car group that followed them to watch.

the silver 350Z was the best though... claimed 550whp with a stillen supercharger, BUAAHAHAHAHAHAHA. i think he also made the claim that it was the first 350z with a supercharger and that stillen bought it from the dealership and built it. the car had a maxie price chevrolet dealer tag on it... sure, and my elderly grandmother is a professional breakdancer ;). he ran marshall and got stomped time and time again, i was the chase car for that. we managed to outwit everyone and nobody followed us out... it was like mission impossible to pull that one off.

550 rwhp? haha what a joke. 350zs are dog slow.

BigTs13
09-17-2005, 12:12 PM
word

blackboi50
09-17-2005, 01:22 PM
im with hipsi.......i think the point of a "meet" is to come up there and "meet".....not speed around a small ass parking lot......hipsi made a lot of funny but true points...hold it down dawg......1

RUSH
09-17-2005, 01:32 PM
You should have called me! I would have shown up. Use that phone, Marshall. :) It's always interesting to hear the comments when my car pulls up. Ahahahah.

??

chuck
09-17-2005, 02:47 PM
Basically. Of course, when I open the "hood" and there is no engine, they are like "wtf, man?". That happens ALL of the time.

haha, i went to the oil change place (yes i'm a luazy fuck who pays people to change my oil for me) the other day in my MR2...i pull in and the guy stands up at my frunk and taps on it and says, you gonna pop this bad boy...i just laughed, pointed behind me and said i already popped it.

and then there is the time the emissions guy tried to get me to pull my front wheels on the treadmill thingy when i had my miata...i just kept going and he was like "whoa whoa whoa man, you gotta take it easy"...i lined up the back wheels and cut it off and got out, he was a little confused, haha.

Kevykev
09-17-2005, 05:44 PM

wowww!

Chuckster
09-17-2005, 05:55 PM
^^ Now thats fuckin classic!! HA HA HA HA

But I am with Erin 100%. It amazes me how the last year or so all these new moron kids have joined IA and then add to them thier friends, and then people wonder why meet locations WE have been using for 3+ years are now not allowing us there any more. Its because these dumb ass kids and dumb ass people in general have no clue to what a meet is, and they think the stupid shit they do actually does impress some one. This is why me personally, I have not been to a meet in god knows how long, because the last NP meet I went to, was all teenage kids who acted like little fuckin morons instead of just keeping quiet and trying to fit in with the people who had been hanging there for years. I guess they didnt see how those of us there for years dont do the dumb shit they do, so I guess they felt it would impress us to see them do it :gay:

damnit you beat me to it...oh wait this was posted in the AM

Ruiner
09-17-2005, 06:05 PM
??

They should have called me if they were heading to Pleasant Hill.

SilverJester
09-17-2005, 06:15 PM
Ok I like meets and all but I se a few things wrong here. 1) why a gas station? I mean there's not a lot of room and other cars (read paying customers) are trying to get in and out of the small parking lot. and 2) if your dumb ricers have taken over you meeting place why don't you and your buddies pick a new spot a half mile down the road? It's not like it's hard to find a meeting spot.

HiPSI
09-17-2005, 06:23 PM
Ok I like meets and all but I se a few things wrong here. 1) why a gas station? I mean there's not a lot of room and other cars (read paying customers) are trying to get in and out of the small parking lot. and 2) if your dumb ricers have taken over you meeting place why don't you and your buddies pick a new spot a half mile down the road? It's not like it's hard to find a meeting spot.

perhaps i should explain better...

they call it the bp meet, when in fact there's a large lot behind the bp that people meet in.

secondly, this is the one time i've been there. no matter where people go it's still illegal to meet without expressed consent from the property owners. it just so happens that when spoken with, the officer there said it wasn't a big deal if people would keep the place clean and act older than 12. it still amazes me that with a good spot like that, people will still be so damn stupid and surely lose their privilege to be there. it shouldn't be a matter of us picking up and moving, people just need to grow the fuck up and take care of the place they love to meet up at so very much.

RUSH
09-17-2005, 06:25 PM
It's always interesting to hear the comments when my car pulls up.

??

SilverJester
09-17-2005, 06:41 PM
perhaps i should explain better...

they call it the bp meet, when in fact there's a large lot behind the bp that people meet in.

secondly, this is the one time i've been there. no matter where people go it's still illegal to meet without expressed consent from the property owners. it just so happens that when spoken with, the officer there said it wasn't a big deal if people would keep the place clean and act older than 12. it still amazes me that with a good spot like that, people will still be so damn stupid and surely lose their privilege to be there. it shouldn't be a matter of us picking up and moving, people just need to grow the fuck up and take care of the place they love to meet up at so very much.

Well I see where your coming from about the idiots that show up and ruin it for everybody, but why not pick a place that isn't really visible and only tell your friends (people who aren't going to be acting like idiots) and hang out there.

UpSideDownDesi
09-17-2005, 06:48 PM
i saw dat red evo on pleasenthill around 12:30......the guy was still haulin....racin a blue SRT-4...all open....i was like "give him a ticket give him give him, so he'll learn his lesson".

Repost Squintz
09-17-2005, 08:33 PM
ahhh shit lol damn erin always has nice rants, so true so true. agree w/everything you say there.

buddha@TeamFX
09-18-2005, 09:05 PM
Me and a ole buddy went to some meet one time toward atlanta just cause we were bored and heard about it...now for any of you guys that know some old school...we rolled in in a 70 nova...all aluminum 502bb...and it seemed like every kid in there mostly stock car wanted to race lol...i was like come on...we pull in with bb with upwards of 700 hp...i mean we had to run 93 with 3 cans of octane boost just to get not to spark knock...and poundin the ground and you would've thought they known better ...but anyways i think we ended running like a older turbo'd mr2 or something along those lines and blowed there doors off...granted the car wasn't tuned well either we had only had it together for a couple of weeks and were still playing with the carbs...and some other small items...a couple weeks later we see the guy at commerce and pop'd off like a 14.2 and we ended on the 100 shot of gas popping a 10.2 which we were well pleased with...but thought it was funny and i would share.