PDA

View Full Version : Rotary banned at Daytona Rolex 24 Hour Race

RGRacing
01-20-2009, 11:04 PM
Cause all others got spanked by a Rotary and started crying! Too funny. Then they made them ad weight. Now they are just all out banned. The piston guys could not run flawless like the rotary.

(http://rotarynews.com/node/view/156)

TheGrillMan
01-20-2009, 11:10 PM
i would of posted this in the competition section

but i didnt post it soo.....

RGRacing
01-20-2009, 11:23 PM
yea was gonna post it there but wanted alot of people to see it. I guess when you have 3 vs over 30+ internal moving parts then you can't argue. I like pistons too but there are alot of people out there that do not like rotary. Simply because they cannot build one. The funny thing is it is easier to build than a piston engine. All you have to do is pay attention!

Elbow
01-20-2009, 11:23 PM
That is not correct.

RGRacing
01-20-2009, 11:25 PM
Truth hurts!

Elbow
01-20-2009, 11:28 PM
Truth hurts!

You do know there are RX-8's in Grand Am right? You do know this was in 2003 right? Have you read a Grand Am rule book? Particularly the DP section? There is no room to put a rotary in such a class as DP. Other series still allow rotaries. It's not because they are "better" they just don't fit that class structure.

Guess what V10's and V12's were banned in ALMS now, I guess those are better too? :???:

Get off your high horse :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

2009:

http://motorsport.com/photos/grandam/2009/djt/grandam-2009-djt-bh-0347.jpg

RGRacing
01-20-2009, 11:34 PM
I meant Le Mans. Yes I know RX8's are in the grand am series. The point i was trying to make was the rotary had no problems during the 24 hour race and they were eventually banned. Which alot of sanctioning bodies have done! I do not know all the specifics about road racing. Educate us some! :goodjob:

RGRacing
01-20-2009, 11:39 PM
Mazda Debuted the New LMP2 Car for American Le Mans Series at Road Atlanta Sep of 08. :eek:

Glides
01-20-2009, 11:40 PM
I smell a pwning coming on.....and the Pwnee begins with...R.

Elbow
01-20-2009, 11:47 PM
Mazda Debuted the New LMP2 Car for American Le Mans Series at Road Atlanta Sep of 08. :eek:

That car is actually powered by a 2.0 4 cylinder lol. They ran it at Petit Le Mans (well tried to) but it was a nasty weekend. It's a Lola chassis. Dyson Racing will actually be running them this season.

RGRacing
01-20-2009, 11:49 PM
I know looks simple has a carbon fiber intake manifold
That car is actually powered by a 2.0 4 cylinder lol.

RGRacing
01-20-2009, 11:54 PM
Only thing you smell is my exhaust as my tail lights disappear. :D
I smell a pwning coming on.....and the Pwnee begins with...R.

Elbow
01-20-2009, 11:55 PM
I meant Le Mans. Yes I know RX8's are in the grand am series. The point i was trying to make was the rotary had no problems during the 24 hour race and they were eventually banned. Which alot of sanctioning bodies have done! I do not know all the specifics about road racing. Educate us some! :goodjob:

It was banned from the 24 Hours of Le Mans. But you linked to Grand Am lol. Reason it was "banned" from that is the DP class, that article I think was when the old Sports Racers classes were ending in favor of the new one DP class which is almost like a spec type class. Kind of like NASCAR, you don't see NASCAR's running V8's then someone shows up legally with a V10.

The rotary being banned from Le Mans was not because it was fast though, one it wasn't even faster then the other cars, it proved to be more reliable, sure it's fast as hell, but wasn't dominating championships.

You have to remember though these professional series have to make a class where teams will race. Making the rules simple will make things more competitive, the rotary is not a complex engine, but regulating it to compete is I guess tricky. In the US rotaries are still ran especially in SCCA, you have them in tons of classes. Grand Am class, even ALMS until a few years ago. I don't think they would be competitive in LMP1 today anyway.

I LOVE the rotary, it sounds mean, the powerband is amazing, everything. I am seriously considering swapping one into my Miata soon. But it's not THE BEST hands down for every form of racing lol especially when trying to make a series that brings in close racing and teams.

RGRacing
01-20-2009, 11:59 PM
Yea i put the wrong link - you corrected it. Thanks!

EmminoDaGreat
01-21-2009, 12:06 AM
see what had happend was, noone wanted to listen to noisy fuckin rotarys, and have to worry about them puking their guts all over the track. LOL.

RGRacing
01-21-2009, 12:11 AM
yea they are loud i will give them that but they sound better than a freakin Honda with a coffee can LMAO :lmfao:
see what had happend was, noone wanted to listen to noisy fuckin rotarys, and have to worry about them puking their guts all over the track. LOL.

RGRacing
01-21-2009, 01:09 AM
If you need a 12a or 13b engine or parts - let me know
It was banned from the 24 Hours of Le Mans. But you linked to Grand Am lol. Reason it was "banned" from that is the DP class, that article I think was when the old Sports Racers classes were ending in favor of the new one DP class which is almost like a spec type class. Kind of like NASCAR, you don't see NASCAR's running V8's then someone shows up legally with a V10.

The rotary being banned from Le Mans was not because it was fast though, one it wasn't even faster then the other cars, it proved to be more reliable, sure it's fast as hell, but wasn't dominating championships.

You have to remember though these professional series have to make a class where teams will race. Making the rules simple will make things more competitive, the rotary is not a complex engine, but regulating it to compete is I guess tricky. In the US rotaries are still ran especially in SCCA, you have them in tons of classes. Grand Am class, even ALMS until a few years ago. I don't think they would be competitive in LMP1 today anyway.

I LOVE the rotary, it sounds mean, the powerband is amazing, everything. I am seriously considering swapping one into my Miata soon. But it's not THE BEST hands down for every form of racing lol especially when trying to make a series that brings in close racing and teams.

Echonova
01-21-2009, 06:47 AM
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd82/amanda_aites/n57100174_30318167_5895.jpg

gtrmonkey
01-21-2009, 08:16 AM
Why has peripheral porting been banned in alot of racing classes across the world?

EJ25RUN
01-21-2009, 08:21 AM
OP: Backpedal much?

87 Turbo II
01-21-2009, 01:01 PM
If you need a 12a or 13b engine or parts - let me know
I need 12A housings for the price of free.(want to go from 6 port to ported 4 port)

eraser4g63
02-05-2009, 11:06 PM

SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH!!! LOL

EmminoDaGreat
02-05-2009, 11:14 PM
hah