PDA

View Full Version : Misc Nintendo fucked themselves AGAIN!

Hulud
09-17-2005, 12:39 AM
CHIBA, JAPAN-- Nintendo will offer a game controller with its upcoming Revolution games console that is drastically different from those used in previous consoles, the company has disclosed.

The controller looks a little like a television remote control and will allow people to play games with just one hand, said Satoru Iwata, president of Nintendo during a keynote speech at the Tokyo Game Show, which opened on Friday near Tokyo.

The unit mixes buttons and motion sensors so games can be controlled through a combination of pressing buttons and also waving the controller around in the air.

more (http://news.yahoo.com/s/pcworld/20050916/tc_pcworld/122582)

Bishop
09-17-2005, 12:40 AM
that sounds gay...and that sounds like it should be in the games section...

chuck
09-17-2005, 12:42 AM
how is this fucking themselves?? and where does the again part come from??

Hulud
09-17-2005, 12:47 AM
gamecube, i feel was shitty imo
watch they will change their controller back to the conventional i bet

TranceDJ06
09-17-2005, 10:29 AM
this system is gunna suck.

krindus
09-17-2005, 12:54 PM
nintendo needs to get out of the system business and strictly into game making for the xbox and ps

Brut
09-17-2005, 04:00 PM
i have seen the controller i saw it on g4tv it looks gay here are the picshttp://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a99/bb42004984/understanding-the-revolution-contro.jpg

chameleon30038
09-17-2005, 05:15 PM
umm...gay

hybrid90accord
09-17-2005, 10:36 PM
good luck playing madden or resident evil with that sh*t

eViLMunkey
09-17-2005, 11:45 PM
Looks like a corded vibrator for a tv... :goodjob: and that'll look funny seein someone wavin a remote around trying to get a guy to move..

SL65AMG
09-18-2005, 07:48 AM
thats the lamest fucking idea i think ive ever heard

soul
09-18-2005, 12:04 PM
Way to be one minded. The only way to take the industry to the next level is trying something new. And if you think its gonna be hard to play with it, you shouldnt be playing, how hard is it to move a guy with a Joystick? last time i check its pretty easy. The motion sensor remote is to be used for games were it will actually help and make it better gameing. ie FPS & RPG.

Least Nitendo has the balls to try to advance the gaming industry. Microsoft and Sony havent done shit to change it, all they do is put stronger CPU and graphics in a system every few years. Nothing new and exciting like a computer, upgrade to something faster every once an awhile.

JITB
09-18-2005, 02:57 PM
Way to be one minded. The only way to take the industry to the next level is trying something new. And if you think its gonna be hard to play with it, you shouldnt be playing, how hard is it to move a guy with a Joystick? last time i check its pretty easy. The motion sensor remote is to be used for games were it will actually help and make it better gameing. ie FPS & RPG.

Least Nitendo has the balls to try to advance the gaming industry. Microsoft and Sony havent done shit to change it, all they do is put stronger CPU and graphics in a system every few years. Nothing new and exciting like a computer, upgrade to something faster every once an awhile.

i agree, nintendo always does soemthing new, ANd there controllers are always the most comfortable.

EP3sAreFun
09-18-2005, 06:37 PM

not to bash nintendo for trying something new, but Sony hit gold with a simple controller, and the Ps2 one was gold, Xbox ebing even easier. the reason they are just making a system with a stronger CPU(guess your forgetting about dvd players and internal hard drives) is that, its simply what the market wants. If NiNtendo was smart they would release it with a standard controller and make that controller an option, or maybe like a guncon for ps1, that is... that it makes certain games easier/possible to play with support of the motion sensitive, TV remote looking controller

Hulud
09-18-2005, 06:42 PM

you cant improve whats perfect for consoles.
you really think the nintendo controller will imporve a FPS? riiiiiight

JITB
09-18-2005, 07:10 PM
http://cubemedia.ign.com/cube/image/article/651/651559/understanding-the-revolution-controller-20050916041026412-000.jpg

that is suposed to be the sketchof the complete controller..

Playstation has the worst FPS controller ever!!!

Hulud
09-18-2005, 07:15 PM
i thought it was that two handed cord thing?

EP3sAreFun
09-18-2005, 07:22 PM
i thought it was that two handed cord thing?

if you look at that controller, you can see the remote in the middle,

my guess is you unplug the little thumb stick thing and plug it in the controller

Hulud
09-18-2005, 07:23 PM
ok well if they are gonna have a controller i retract this whole thread

JITB
09-18-2005, 07:25 PM
It is, but its both. You see the remote conencts to the controller. Because its wireless, soo the controller uses the infared on the remote control as the signal. But it has alot of features with it. They said like if u need to hit something or maybe move soemthing in a game that uses soem sort of pressure, it will work like that. Like those virtual baseball-golf-shooting arcade games. Its hard to explain but u prob see wahtim saying..

DemonEyez
09-19-2005, 01:39 AM
sigh cant believe people thought that the remote would be the ONLY controller. i mean comeon guys. if all of you complain about it dont you think there are thousands of others who think like ya'all or maybe a million or so. and that one of those happens to be someone working there.

Nintendo is doing what Nintendo always does. a simple console. kids games and things to make it fun. like it or not but playing a fps where you just point the remote to shoot sounds quite interesting. it has a lot of potential with ideas if you guys were to give it the change.

a flight sim you would flip the rmote straight up and use it like a joystick. golfing. you swing the remote. a older day first person fight. swinging the remote swings ur sword etc etc etc etc etc.

JITB
09-19-2005, 08:21 AM
Nintendo is the OG of video gaming they know what there doing..

5thgcelica
09-19-2005, 08:32 AM
sigh cant believe people thought that the remote would be the ONLY controller. i mean comeon guys. if all of you complain about it dont you think there are thousands of others who think like ya'all or maybe a million or so. and that one of those happens to be someone working there.

Nintendo is doing what Nintendo always does. a simple console. kids games and things to make it fun. like it or not but playing a fps where you just point the remote to shoot sounds quite interesting. it has a lot of potential with ideas if you guys were to give it the change.

a flight sim you would flip the rmote straight up and use it like a joystick. golfing. you swing the remote. a older day first person fight. swinging the remote swings ur sword etc etc etc etc etc.

well lets see. we had an article explainig that it would be some kid of pressue sensitived remote, to make it work you'd swing it in the air. and then we get a picture of that little remote... what the hell else are you supposed to expect.

DemonEyez
09-19-2005, 11:01 AM
well lets see. we had an article explainig that it would be some kid of pressue sensitived remote, to make it work you'd swing it in the air. and then we get a picture of that little remote... what the hell else are you supposed to expect.

perhaps expect that a company that has been doing this for more years than you've been alive will know a lil better.

5thgcelica
09-19-2005, 04:34 PM
perhaps expect that a company that has been doing this for more years than you've been alive will know a lil better.

true. but all im saying is.... what kind of reaction do you expect from people if that is all the information we get? if tahts all we see and read, then yeah. id go ahead and say "yeah, thats the controler that they will plan to use."

not tyrin to pick a fight or anything, all im stating is, thats all we saw, we didnt get any other information to base our opinion on.

PSINXS
09-19-2005, 10:51 PM
all it needs is this
http://www.chameleonsden.com/products/nintendo/images/fullsize/nintendo_controller.jpg

YoTa_BoX
09-20-2005, 12:07 AM
i dont know if any of you have seen,,, but if you turn the remote thing on its side its the old nes controler.... its pretty cool if you ask me... it will take the place of all old controlers in one... including light gun..

4bangin
09-20-2005, 10:42 AM
I think the joystick thing is cool. You could relax in alot of differant positions that you can't with conventional controllers because your arms wont be stuck out in front of you right beside each other. Comfort is pretty important when you play something for a long period of time.

Stormhammer
09-21-2005, 01:54 PM
interesting

FYI

the BEST FPS controller

is simply

a keyboard and a mouse