PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want to go downtown to snap some pics with me?

Tracy
01-19-2009, 06:37 PM
I have a photography class this 1/4 and I have to take pics pretty much everyday for the next 10 weeks. If anyone is interested in going out with me and riding bikes around downtown to take pics any day really, hit me up via pm or e-mail [email protected]

I pretty much suck, so I would like to chill with someone who knows what they are doing kind of...which could be anyone since everyone probably knows more than me

I am about to leave the house in 15 minutes to head down to Little 5 then to Boulevard, then to 17th street. I am going on my bicycle. So wish me luck. Yesterday I wasn't looking where I was going while I was bike riding and I fell off the curb in front of everyone at Atlantic Station. It was pretty funny.

Revmaynard
01-19-2009, 06:42 PM
Edgewood at night can be decent for photos of just buildings and such. The lighting can be really cool down there in some areas. Ever get Guitar Hero/Rock Band?

changaroo
01-19-2009, 06:43 PM
lol. watch out around atlantic station. if they see you with a camera theyre going to come after you!

Tracy
01-19-2009, 06:44 PM
Edgewood at night can be decent for photos of just buildings and such. The lighting can be really cool down there in some areas. Ever get Guitar Hero/Rock Band?

Yea, the shopping center or the street? I didn't get it yet. Do you ever work on the weekends? Dan and I were there Saturday. We got NFS Undercover. They didn't have Little Big World! Sup with that?

BTEC
01-19-2009, 06:45 PM
hope u wearing ur little pink helmet and elbow pads this time. lol!!!

Revmaynard
01-19-2009, 06:47 PM
Shopping center. If you're trying to get something out of stock lemme know and when we get it in I can just hold it for you. I work different hours, but I always work Tues-Thurs 4-close. I'm working 1-close Friday though. PM me if you are looking for something at the moment.

Tracy
01-19-2009, 06:49 PM
lol. watch out around atlantic station. if they see you with a camera theyre going to come after you!Why is that? Haters!

Rev, thanks!

Revmaynard
01-19-2009, 06:50 PM
Yep. No problem.

changaroo
01-19-2009, 06:51 PM
Why is that? Haters!

Rev, thanks!

they're really anal about taking pictures there. i asked why last time, and they told me they didnt want anybody "replicating" atlantic station.

who knows. stupid rent-a-cops.

the 17th st. bridge is a good place to shoot. u can see traffic both ways going in / out of the city. good place to do light trails :)

Tracy
01-19-2009, 06:52 PM
they're really anal about taking pictures there. i asked why last time, and they told me they didnt want anybody "replicating" atlantic station.

who knows. stupid rent-a-cops.Once they stopped me and asked me to turn my radio down, I have a system. I said no, and rolled my window back up.

Tracy
01-19-2009, 07:03 PM
Here they are: http://www.flickr.com/photos/34418361@N05/

Keep in mind that I have to post all of the pics I take, even the bad ones. I have bracketed most of them, that's why a lot of them look the same at different exposures. Right now our class is focusing on exposure, so the composition and all of that isn't there yet. I don't have that natural eye. I have to learn all of the techniques. I'm excited to see how my pics change over the 1/4.

Any advice is appreciated. Things to keep n mind though:
I cannot use PS for any of them.
I have to use the camera in manual mode.
This ain't no fancy camera. I am using what the school gives you: a Canon A530.

Revmaynard
01-19-2009, 07:06 PM
I know where a house with a cool Obama wooden cut out thing is in the yard near Little Five Points if you're interested in taking some pictures of it. LOL I just noticed those photos you took a photo of. LOL

Tracy
01-19-2009, 07:12 PM
I know where a house with a cool Obama wooden cut out thing is in the yard near Little Five Points if you're interested in taking some pictures of it. LOL I just noticed those photos you took a photo of. LOLYea? Where is it?

Revmaynard
01-19-2009, 07:18 PM
On Mclendon Ave. Turn left on Mclendon from Moreland going towards Memorial. Keep going down until the red light and it's on the left in the yard before the next red light. The first light is Oakdale and the next one it is before is Candler Park Dr. During the holidays they put a santa hat on it. Lol

Tracy
01-19-2009, 07:20 PM
On Mclendon Ave. Turn left on Mclendon from Moreland going towards Memorial. Keep going down until the red light and it's on the left in the yard before the next red light. The first light is Oakdale and the next one it is before is Candler Park Dr. During the holidays they put a santa hat on it. LolOh ok. I know where McLendon is.

speedminded
01-19-2009, 07:34 PM
I'll be unemployed in 9 working days so available daily after then haha!

Tracy
01-19-2009, 08:03 PM
I'll be unemployed in 9 working days so available daily after then haha!Dammit! Well hit me up.

DeutscheBAG!
01-19-2009, 08:06 PM
Chang is right..they will give u shit if u shoot inside atlantic station but will not bother you if you shoot around the monuments and surrounding areas..

ill be out that way around 10pm tonight taking architecture shots

Tracy
01-19-2009, 08:15 PM
Chang is right..they will give u shit if u shoot inside atlantic station but will not bother you if you shoot around the monuments and surrounding areas..

ill be out that way around 10pm tonight taking architecture shotsWell shit! Send me a message next tine you have plans to go out. Give me some notice so I can go witcha.

james
01-19-2009, 08:40 PM
those cameras they give you at the cage have been around the block.

get some folks together on a weekend and ill go with fo sho.

do they give you a tripod at the cage for those little things? i like your skyline shots, but it would be beneficial (also cliche and played out) if you made it a longer exposure of the city, the the car taillights would look a lot better instead of standing cars. do it. bareford would love it, maybe.

blacknismoz
01-22-2009, 04:45 AM
Once they stopped me and asked me to turn my radio down, I have a system. I said no, and rolled my window back up.

Oh yeah they will do that... I got kicked outta there 2 times.. One on my bike and other cause my car is to loud.. Also I LIVE THERE..

DinanM3atl
01-22-2009, 10:04 AM
There is a little something something going on this Sunday.

Urban Exploring and photography in a single meet. It has grown a bit larger than I would have originally liked but I know some people will flake.

PM me if you want details. Downtown. Blown out/Run down buildings, graffiti and more! Being adventurous is a must as we will be 'sneaking' into some places, hoisting ourselves into others and the 'locals' can be friendly or they can be not friendly.

I know some cool spots though ;)

DinanM3atl
01-22-2009, 10:06 AM
Oh yeah they will do that... I got kicked outta there 2 times.. One on my bike and other cause my car is to loud.. Also I LIVE THERE..

I have been told not to shoot twice. Apparently it is private property. I was even told to NOT shoot and I was on the sidewalk shooting the ATL skyline at night. I was out on the front drive that comes from the parking garage lower exit. Atlantic Station OWNS that road?

Please. I need to find the actual rules because I wanted to tell the guy to fuck off.

james
01-22-2009, 10:40 AM
tell the guy to fuck off.

http://www.krages.com/phoright.htm

DinanM3atl
01-22-2009, 11:37 AM
http://www.krages.com/phoright.htm

Next time rent-a-cop says I can't stand on a public sidewalk in downtown Atlanta and take a picture of the Atlanta Skyline I am going to say something.

I was so mad before but I had a couple of people with me and did not want a huge confrontation.

Tracy
01-22-2009, 11:48 AM
those cameras they give you at the cage have been around the block.

get some folks together on a weekend and ill go with fo sho.

do they give you a tripod at the cage for those little things? i like your skyline shots, but it would be beneficial (also cliche and played out) if you made it a longer exposure of the city, the the car taillights would look a lot better instead of standing cars. do it. bareford would love it, maybe.

I bought a little tripod at Target. The first camera they gave me didn't work. The 2nd one I got looks pretty much new, but it still sucks LOL. I just want to learn on what the teacher is teaching on.

As far as the longer exposure, we just learned about shutter speed and aperture today, so our next round of assignments deals with all of that a little more. Stop motion, blur and pan.

Tracy
01-22-2009, 11:53 AM
My fav's so far. I have to pick 5 to turn in by tonight.

http://flickr.com/photos/tracy_shayhorn/sets/72157612842242438/

TeeJay
01-22-2009, 01:45 PM
no nudes? dammit!

00CelicaGT
01-22-2009, 03:03 PM
no nudes? dammit!

:lmao::lmao:
I wouldnt mind going out and taking some pics but it would have to be on the weekend. like james said if u can get a couple people together on a weekend LMK and i wouldnt mind taging along to learn aswell.

.blank cd
01-22-2009, 06:51 PM
They cant stop you for taking pictures of the atlanta skyline from the bridge. And its questionable if they can stop you from taking pictures of Atlantic Station. Im really not buying that private property bullshit they're feeding. Im gonna do some more research on that.

Tracy, Im available most of the time on the weekends to do some shootin. Just lemme know

james
01-22-2009, 07:03 PM
I bought a little tripod at Target. The first camera they gave me didn't work. The 2nd one I got looks pretty much new, but it still sucks LOL. I just want to learn on what the teacher is teaching on.

As far as the longer exposure, we just learned about shutter speed and aperture today, so our next round of assignments deals with all of that a little more. Stop motion, blur and pan.

take it back. i have a tripod in the car you can have.

puregroove
01-22-2009, 07:30 PM
I added you as a friend on Flickr. You still have my CD. :D

Let me know when you go shooting, next.

MegatronRS
01-22-2009, 08:09 PM
I go to AIA too Tracy, see your car all the time, GD major though, but i shoot on my own, the best place ive ever shot in atlanta is Oakland Cemetery....ive spent hours there taking pictures.

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k76/cpsbaby11303/DSC_0106.jpg

james
01-22-2009, 09:03 PM
I go to AIA too Tracy, see your car all the time, GD major though, but i shoot on my own, the best place ive ever shot in atlanta is Oakland Cemetery....ive spent hours there taking pictures.

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k76/cpsbaby11303/DSC_0106.jpg

shit. what car does she drive?

i saw a white honda with purple wheels the other day. its gotta be someone from here right?

MegatronRS
01-22-2009, 09:18 PM
Black STI with for sale stickers on the window if im not mistaken...I wouldnt be suprised if most of the people from our school with imports or whatever are on here...What do you drive?

james
01-22-2009, 09:34 PM
a malibu :cry:

MegatronRS
01-22-2009, 09:40 PM
lol, trust me, ive seen worse up there man...

MegatronRS
01-22-2009, 09:46 PM
Oh, i see you have already been to Oakland? What class are you taking? We learned alot of that stuff in P100 i think...I dunno, its been awhile, i taught myself photography mostly....

My fav's so far. I have to pick 5 to turn in by tonight.

http://flickr.com/photos/tracy_shayhorn/sets/72157612842242438/

Tracy
01-23-2009, 09:08 AM
take it back. i have a tripod in the car you can have.

I already opened it, but I will take yours too :D

MegatronRS,
The cemetery was cool. I think the sun was in the wrong place while I was there, so I didn't get as much as I expected. I am in P200.

Puregroove, PM on the way.

.blank cd
01-23-2009, 03:59 PM
Dinan, I don't have a POTM Account. Just wonderin if a couple of nikonians can sow out?

sleepys4
01-23-2009, 04:43 PM
when are you going out next?

Kamikaze
01-26-2009, 10:36 AM
I'd like to come also if you guys don't mind another Nikonian. :)

.blank cd
01-26-2009, 11:19 AM
You missed it man! It was the best photo meet I've ever been to! So much information and boobs and gratuitous nudity! It'll probably never happen again

Kamikaze
01-26-2009, 11:31 AM
Aw I missed teh boobies? :(

DinanM3atl
01-26-2009, 11:39 AM
Wait when were there boobs?

Sorry I didn't reply to this earlier. Would have thought Tracy would have invited you guys ;)

I wouldn't have been able to invite you because Canon pwns Nikon. Although there was one photog at the meet and the whole time he is shooting away with a d300 and I didn't notice till we were at the last spot.

Jealousy was there.

.blank cd
01-26-2009, 02:08 PM
Wait when were there boobs?you missed them. sorry

.blank cd
01-26-2009, 02:10 PM
I wouldn't have been able to invite you because Nikon pwns Canon. Although there was one photog at the meet and the whole time he is shooting away with a Powershot A350 and I didn't notice till we were at the last spot.

Jealousy was there.QFT

DinanM3atl
01-26-2009, 02:32 PM
QFT

I see you edited my photo?

.blank cd
01-26-2009, 02:37 PM
:ninja:

DinanM3atl
01-26-2009, 03:04 PM
Post rather. Not photo.

Tracy
01-26-2009, 05:07 PM
I did invite some ppl. I didin't see the last posts I guess. Sawry :( We will do it again soon. Cuz I have some grades to make.

Tracy
01-26-2009, 05:07 PM
And yes there were bewbies

changaroo
01-26-2009, 05:28 PM
i bet if i made a thread asking people to go shoot with me, nobody would come.

Tracy
01-26-2009, 06:03 PM
i bet if i made a thread asking people to go shoot with me, nobody would come.bewbies

.blank cd
01-26-2009, 06:24 PM
i bet if i made a thread asking people to go shoot with me, nobody would come.try us