PDA

View Full Version : Misc Scion Rock Fest 2-28-09

GTScoob
01-19-2009, 01:28 PM
Loads of metal bands, and looks to be an all day metal festival at the Masq Music Park.

A Storm Of Light
Alestorm
Baroness
Boris
Cryptopsy
Harvey Milk
High On Fire
Krallice
Kylesa
Mastodon
Nachtmystium
Neurosis
Pig Destroyer
Rwake
Salome
Skeletonwitch
Suidakra
Torche
Toxic Holocaust
Tyr
Warbringer
Withered
Wolves in the Throne Room
Zoroaster

I havent heard of many of the bands but I'll be checking them out before then for sure. Torche and Mastodon should rock, this I know and I've heard good things about Neurosis and Zoroaster.

4dmin
01-19-2009, 03:36 PM
Loads of metal bands, and looks to be an all day metal festival at the Masq Music Park.

A Storm Of Light
Alestorm
Baroness
Boris
Cryptopsy
Harvey Milk
High On Fire
Krallice
Kylesa
Mastodon
Nachtmystium
Neurosis
Pig Destroyer
Rwake
Salome
Skeletonwitch
Suidakra
Torche
Toxic Holocaust
Tyr
Warbringer
Withered
Wolves in the Throne Room
Zoroaster

I havent heard of many of the bands but I'll be checking them out before then for sure. Torche and Mastodon should rock, this I know and I've heard good things about Neurosis and Zoroaster.Neurosis is fucking epic band if you don't know about them check them out... if you are a drummer and don't know about them :hanged:

GTScoob
01-20-2009, 02:09 AM
You coming out then?

alpine_aw11
01-20-2009, 08:03 AM
I would only go for Neurosis.

4dmin
01-20-2009, 09:16 AM
I would only go for Neurosis.

no doubt - they haven't toured here in FOREVER :2up:... i've thought about flying to LA/europe to see them b/c they never come here. they are amazing live - a moog + 20 min drum intro = :guitar:. i still got their first 3 albums on vinyl.

GTScoob
01-20-2009, 01:33 PM
You guys are right, Neurosis is pretty solid. They're like a less abrasive Godflesh, at least that's my first impression of what I could stream last night.

4dmin
01-20-2009, 01:36 PM
You guys are right, Neurosis is pretty solid. They're like a less abrasive Godflesh, at least that's my first impression of what I could stream last night.

I have their entire disco including Tribes of Neurot... if i can get them ripped i'll put them out to DL. they are by far the best ambient/atmospheric metal band: if you like them check out isis, jesu, pelican and irreversible (local band) :goodjob:

GTScoob
01-20-2009, 04:32 PM
Yeah, Isis and Jesu are rockin. Pelican's alright but I cant really listen to it for more than just a few songs; I'll have to check out Irreversible.

I'm DLing their whole discography right now, but if you want to host it for others go for it. If the torrent stalls I'll get it from you as well, its a huge file.