PDA

View Full Version : Scam or what? Need advice

AnthonyF
01-19-2009, 08:25 AM
Fukin fukers....i just want to sell my shit!

-Ant.

Kevykev
01-19-2009, 08:27 AM
I made an ad to sell something for 300 bucks. I got a bunch of the same e-mails that all asked the same question. One of the first ones said they were in FL and wanted it ship to them. The made a check out for 2320. WAYYYY to much. They stated the "secretary" made this mistake.

It was shipped by UPS, my g/f has the check now and she says it looks legit. What should I do? I contacted the buyer and told them that IF and WHEN the check comes in what should I do and for them to call me so I can speak to them directly. To see if they are real or not.

Any advice?

-Ant.

Hahaaaa, go ahead, cash it.

Fraud Status!!!!

AnthonyF
01-19-2009, 08:34 AM
Fraud on my part?

Hell no I wont cash it if it'll get me in trouble.

-Ant.

umairejaz
01-19-2009, 08:39 AM
WTF, I thought you (your father) owned a business and might know better..... its a scam, but cash the check anyways and WAIT until it fully clears before shipping, which I doubt.

I bet your selling some sort of electronic.

Kevykev
01-19-2009, 08:39 AM
Fraud on my part?

-Ant.
Oh shit, i thought you we're joking.

This scam has been terrorizing, opportunists for years. Just google "Check Scams" or hmmm, there's number associated with this type of deal 404 or something 419. Anyway, it's Fraud man, the checks aren't real.

Yeah, just keep the check and call it a day. I think you can send it to Clark Howard for a return of some sort.

Golden Rule:

If it's too good to be true, it most likely is.

AnthonyF
01-19-2009, 08:49 AM
WTF, I thought you (your father) owned a business and might know better..... its a scam, but cash the check anyways and WAIT until it fully clears before shipping, which I doubt.

I bet your selling some sort of electronic.Hey, what can I say? First time it's happened to me. Smarter to ask questions than to assume.

Oh shit, i thought you we're joking.

This scam has been terrorizing, opportunists for years. Just google "Check Scams" or hmmm, there's number associated with this type of deal 404 or something 419. Anyway, it's Fraud man, the checks aren't real.

Yeah, just keep the check and call it a day. I think you can send it to Clark Howard for a return of some sort.

Golden Rule:

If it's too good to be true, it most likely is.

lol. I will check his site. Thanks mang.

-Ant.

ksniperfox
01-19-2009, 08:53 AM
ive heard stories of people trying to cash it, then they go to jail...

Tracy
01-19-2009, 09:04 AM
That's why there is paypal. Use it :)

AnthonyF
01-19-2009, 09:18 AM
^exactly. I never use M.O, check or any other form. Paypal is tha shit!

-Ant.

changaroo
01-19-2009, 10:00 AM
Take a shit in a box. Put it in a tupperware container and mail it back to that address.

Tracy
01-19-2009, 10:06 AM
^exactly. I never use M.O, check or any other form. Paypal is tha shit!

-Ant.

Seriously, we do a lot of web transactions. Anyone who wants to wire money or send a check is a scammer. That's all there is to it.

Elbow
01-19-2009, 10:13 AM
OLLDDDDD scam.

Vteckidd
01-19-2009, 10:55 AM
I made an ad to sell something for 300 bucks. I got a bunch of the same e-mails that all asked the same question. One of the first ones said they were in FL and wanted it ship to them. The made a check out for 2320. WAYYYY to much. They stated the "secretary" made this mistake.

It was shipped by UPS, my g/f has the check now and she says it looks legit. What should I do? I contacted the buyer and told them that IF and WHEN the check comes in what should I do and for them to call me so I can speak to them directly. To see if they are real or not.

Any advice?

-Ant.
LOL

is this serious?

Vteckidd
01-19-2009, 10:59 AM
if they use the word Advert, its a scam too. No one in america uses that word.

ill take Money Order from ONLY INTL people on my ebay auctions. Thats the only time i dont use paypal.

Paypal sucks, but its a necessary evil, i cant wait for GPay to come out later this year hopefully.

Reason for INTL people is that often times they want you to declare a low amount so they dont have to pay duty taxes. Well if the item is damaged, they can do a dispute on paypal for the FULL AMOUNT, and guess what, you dont get to make an insurance claim cause you said your $1000 item was worth $40. its a common scam too on their side of things.

So i tell them i take money order only, most of the time they will comply , but if they dont, oh well.

Other than that paypal is safe an secure. it can be a pain in the ass, but its prob only a pain in my ass cause i do 10-20 transactions a day and i deal with idiots lol

PSINXS
01-19-2009, 11:16 AM
Fraud on my part?

-Ant.
DONT CASH IT ant. if they dont have the funds in their account, guess who get charged? YOU! speak to someone first.

AnthonyF
01-19-2009, 11:22 AM
ImportChic-your a whore. Please refrain from posting any of my threads. Thank you.

PSI-sup homey? How you been??

-Ant.

PSINXS
01-19-2009, 11:24 AM
been doing good. just taking care of the family. how u been?

1000cckiller
01-19-2009, 11:25 AM
been doing good. just taking care of the family. how u been?shut up whore

PSINXS
01-19-2009, 11:29 AM
shut up whore
who let this animal out of quarrantine?

TheGodfather
01-19-2009, 11:49 AM
did u know i'm a dirty whore who fuked half of IA for some jelly beans?

Back in the kitchen woman!

AnthonyF
01-19-2009, 11:55 AM
been doing good. just taking care of the family. how u been?

Good good! Not too bad. Not blowing anything up?

-Ant.

PSINXS
01-19-2009, 12:22 PM
lol naw nothing blowing up. 240 is running good.

Nismo
01-19-2009, 12:38 PM
damn I thought you were smarter than this. Sigh.

AnthonyF
01-19-2009, 12:45 PM
^I wish you would fucking PM me back mother fucker!

-Ant.

Nismo
01-19-2009, 12:49 PM
^ when the fuck did you pm me?!

AnthonyF
01-19-2009, 12:58 PM
i dunno...I think it is on rctech....

-Ant.

carrascopa
01-19-2009, 01:04 PM
I used to get these kinds of emails all the time.. due to the fact that I used to get alot of electronics and sell them on craigslist.

What I eventually ended up doing was emailing back one of the guys and I told him I knew the scam and I wanted in. ( to make a long story short )

next thing I know the guy sent me a sheet full of blank money order paper from Walmart..... I thought it was cool as hell.. but I never did anything with them, just wanted to know how it worked..

basically these guys get usually women to get jobs at banks or any place they issue money orders.. the workers then steal the paper the checks/money orders are printed on..

the scammers take the paper and buy stuff online with it by printing their own numbers on the paper their workers provided..

the shit works, but its very risky! I just wanted to infultrate the scammers and see how they were getting such accurate looking checks..

AnthonyF
01-19-2009, 01:27 PM
^hahah sweet.

-Ant.