PDA

View Full Version : So, I just stopped two kids from breaking into cars in my neighborhood...

Ruiner
01-18-2009, 05:03 PM
This was at 4:30am this morning...

I live in a relatively nice neighborhood in Suwanee. The other neighborhoods around me are nice, upper middle class as well. It's not the type of place that you would think of for "crime" or "burglaries" and whatnot.

I was shutting up the house to go to bed and happened to look out of my front window (to see if it was still snowing/raining/sleeting) to see a teenage kid with a hoodie going into the cars across the street. Both were open (doors unlocked), so he was going through the glovebox/center console for both. I ran upstairs, grabbed my pistol, put it into the small of my back (just 'cause you never know what is going to happen) and grabbed my cell phone.

I walked outside (I probably should have just called the cops and observed, but since I know this neighbor, I didn't want them to fuck their cars up and/or steal anymore stuff) and confronted one of the kids. Eh, hindsight is 20/20 I guess. The other one was already up the street trying to find other unlocked cars.

I crossed the street and asked told the kid to freeze. He didn't. He slowly started walking, got to the side of the house, and sprinted. I gave chase, but he started hoping fences/rocks/etc.

I cut back around the side of the house and ran down the street to cut him off. He was nowhere to be found (I guess he was hiding)? While I was looking, I see his buddy cut across the street further down and go through the woods. I was on the phone with 911 at the time, but couldn't see exactly where the kids went (it was dark and there was a HUGE dropoff that they had to jump down to get away - I'll be shocked if neither of them are hurt from doing so in all honesty).

While I'm waiting for the cops (this is 4:22am in the morning mind you), I see a car come into the neighborhood. Thinking that it was the cops, I walked out into the street. The car immediately stopped, turned around, jumped a curb, and then sped off. I am guessing that the kids called this car to pick them up or something.

Three cop cars showed up and went searching for the kids, but they didn't find them. From what the cops told us, this is one of the most common thefts in the area. It's typically teenage/early 20s white kids that go car to car looking for vehicles that are unlocked. They never break windows or anything like that, however.

Given the area that I live in (low crime, no rapes, no murders, 97% white, upper middle class), most people are very trusting. They leave their vehicles unlocked and whatnot as there is very little crime here. You just have teenage kids that do this around 2-5am in the morning. The police handle these type of thefts all the time around here.

The kid that I confronted was in his late teens, shorter, white male, had a dark hoodie on, and a small backpack. The other kid in the red shirt that went up the street looked to be white as well.

Go figure. Oh well, I've done my good deed for the night.

*UPDATE* - I was talking to my neighbor just a few minutes ago (this is the neighbor that has the house right by the woods where I chased them to, not the one who had his cars broken into) and he was telling me something that he found today in his back yard. He found a pair of dirty (shit in) boxers by his back deck today (they were not there yesterday, so it happened last night/this morning sometime). Fresh shit, a lot of it, in the boxers.

I literally scared the SHIT out of one of the kids. :lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

K20Z1
01-18-2009, 05:07 PM
hahahahah wtf

james
01-18-2009, 05:09 PM
wtf is the point of even leaving your car unlocked at all? that just seems stupid to me. even if i lived in a part of the country with 0% crime int he middle of nowhere i think i would still lock the doors.

Juggernaut
01-18-2009, 06:33 PM
LOL @ white kids not having the balls to actually break into the cars to get what they want.

Benefit
01-18-2009, 06:40 PM
LOL where do u live in suwanee

IMPORTchic
01-18-2009, 06:41 PM
Orlllllyy?

Juggernaut
01-18-2009, 07:02 PM
He found a pair of dirty (shit in) boxers by his back deck today (they were not there yesterday, so it happened last night/this morning sometime). Fresh shit, a lot of it, in the boxers.

I literally scared the SHIT out of one of the kids. :lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:CSI can get DNA and find out which kids did it. I saw it on TV.

Sammich
01-18-2009, 07:05 PM
were they black...wait wut? lol

PSINXS
01-18-2009, 07:15 PM
lol @ white ppl stealing.

take that sterotypes lol

redrumracer
01-18-2009, 07:26 PM
lol @ white ppl stealing.

take that sterotypes lol
at least they didnt damage the property

PSINXS
01-18-2009, 07:35 PM
a thief is a thief, broken glass or not. adn white ppl broke my glass and stole my gauges. waht is your point?

IndianStig
01-18-2009, 07:43 PM
damn, yah suwanee is getting dirtier by the minute. last year my uncles truck got stolen. luckily they recovered it in buford....fuckin thief's

Juggernaut
01-18-2009, 07:54 PM
a thief is a thief, broken glass or not. adn white ppl broke my glass and stole my gauges. waht is your point?Black people make better thieves.

That was my point.:no:

Ruiner
01-18-2009, 08:02 PM
CSI can get DNA and find out which kids did it. I saw it on TV.

True, but here is the catch: they need to already have their DNA on file (which they probably don't).

K20Z1
01-18-2009, 08:03 PM
Black people make better thieves.

i disagree when it comes down to automobile thieves

2rotor
01-18-2009, 08:04 PM
SCARED THE SHIT OUTTA THAT KID!

i would have walked up on the kid in the car and thumped him, held him till the cops showed up, let him squeal like a pig on his "homie." "no honor among thieves"

PSINXS
01-18-2009, 08:08 PM

nobody was talking to you.

G.C
01-18-2009, 09:24 PM
lol. thats some funny shit. you made him shit in his pants.ahhahaha

Kevykev
01-18-2009, 09:53 PM
Props on the bragging rights.

Only .02566% of the population has literally scared the shit out of someone in their lifetime.

Ruiner
01-18-2009, 09:57 PM
SCARED THE SHIT OUTTA THAT KID!

i would have walked up on the kid in the car and thumped him, held him till the cops showed up, let him squeal like a pig on his "homie." "no honor among thieves"

That was my intent, but he saw me before I could make it across the street. He was definitely looking out for himself.

Ruiner
01-18-2009, 09:58 PM
Props on the bragging rights.

Only .02566% of the population has literally scared the shit out of someone in their lifetime.

I know, right? And he didn't even see any of my guns. Imagine if he had seen...say, my AK-47 pointed at him or something? Ahahahahah. :lmfao:

T34me
01-18-2009, 10:37 PM

and your proud of this:thinking: :2up:

civic95
01-19-2009, 11:01 AM
Imagine if he had found a gun belonging to the neighbor in the car, turned around, and shot your ass. You die, and your neighbor gets arrested for your murder.

black_e92
01-19-2009, 11:07 AM
Hey I live in a really nice neighborhood in Suwanee as well.

I wonder which neighborhood this happened in...:thinking:

Ruiner
01-19-2009, 04:11 PM
Imagine if he had found a gun belonging to the neighbor in the car, turned around, and shot your ass. You die, and your neighbor gets arrested for your murder.

Wrong. You aren't familiar with how the law works, huh?

If they "found" a gun in the car, it would still be theft. They would have stolen the gun and used it on me. Granted, I had my gun and would have probably shot the guy before he would have...even if he had fired, we were still a good 10+yds away or so. I can promise that I am more accurate with my pistol than some kid.

Back to what I was saying, the homeowner wouldn't be liable at all. Why would they get charged with my murder? Please explain that to me...

That's like saying that if someone steals your car and runs someone over, you get charged with the homicide.

Ruiner
01-19-2009, 04:11 PM
Hey I live in a really nice neighborhood in Suwanee as well.

I wonder which neighborhood this happened in...:thinking:

You know the MorningView neighborhoods? Back there. They happen in all of those neighborhoods back there all the time. I just happened to catch the people.

civic95
01-19-2009, 05:42 PM
Wrong. You aren't familiar with how the law works, huh?

If they "found" a gun in the car, it would still be theft. They would have stolen the gun and used it on me. Granted, I had my gun and would have probably shot the guy before he would have...even if he had fired, we were still a good 10+yds away or so. I can promise that I am more accurate with my pistol than some kid.

Back to what I was saying, the homeowner wouldn't be liable at all. Why would they get charged with my murder? Please explain that to me...

That's like saying that if someone steals your car and runs someone over, you get charged with the homicide.

Thief runs, neighbors owns the gun, no witnesses. Car had not been broken into. He'd be the first suspect, even if he claimed innocent.

DarwinsA32
01-19-2009, 06:05 PM
You know the MorningView neighborhoods? Back there. They happen in all of those neighborhoods back there all the time. I just happened to catch the people.

Fuckfaces all over suwanee are doing it, I live off of Taylor Road in wildwood lakes my old car, a few others in my neighborhood got hit, I lost a cellphone 2 Audiobahn Sound Q's, an eclipse Head unit, and a Springfield XD, Just up the street my homeboy off camp perrin got hit for a window, his iPod, his brand new Walther PPS and a sony vaio. Fuck this area now. Bunch of stupid fuck meth heads is what it is. and you should've beaten the fuckin shit out of those little cuntbags IMO. I would've given em the Doc Marten Dental plan.

Ruiner
01-19-2009, 06:24 PM
Thief runs, neighbors owns the gun, no witnesses. Car had not been broken into. He'd be the first suspect, even if he claimed innocent.

Forensic evidence and motive would clear him (her, actually). They will look at a person's past criminal history (or lack of), take statements, perhaps a polygraph, investigations, and various other things.

They can check for fingerprints on the car/gun, gun powder residue on the hands of the shooter, shooting angle, height, bullet trajectory, etc.

There are a huge number of things that can be done/traced to include and/or eliminate suspects in cases such as these. Unlike the movies, it is actually rather difficult to frame someone given today's forensic techniques.

Ruiner
01-19-2009, 06:27 PM
Fuckfaces all over suwanee are doing it, I live off of Taylor Road in wildwood lakes my old car, a few others in my neighborhood got hit, I lost a cellphone 2 Audiobahn Sound Q's, an eclipse Head unit, and a Springfield XD, Just up the street my homeboy off camp perrin got hit for a window, his iPod, his brand new Walther PPS and a sony vaio. Fuck this area now. Bunch of stupid fuck meth heads is what it is. and you should've beaten the fuckin shit out of those little cuntbags IMO. I would've given em the Doc Marten Dental plan.

Had I got them, no telling what I would have done and/or what would have happened. It would have been situation-dependent I guess. Whatever you might *plan* always ends up going astray in situations such as that. You just have to play it by ear and make the best choices that you can.

But yeah, from what the cops tell me, it's mostly white teenagers from well-to-do families that are doing this. And yes, they are taking the things that you said.

Now, keeping your gun in your car overnight is a HUGE no no. I can't believe that people do that in all honesty.

DarwinsA32
01-19-2009, 06:35 PM
Had I got them, no telling what I would have done and/or what would have happened. It would have been situation-dependent I guess. Whatever you might *plan* always ends up going astray in situations such as that. You just have to play it by ear and make the best choices that you can.

But yeah, from what the cops tell me, it's mostly white teenagers from well-to-do families that are doing this. And yes, they are taking the things that you said.

Now, keeping your gun in your car overnight is a HUGE no no. I can't believe that people do that in all honesty.

It was locked in my glovebox, little shitheads pried it. And yeah it's all suburban upper middle class little fucks that are geeked off their nuts off of meth or coke that are too fucking lazy to get a job to pay for their habits.

Brick
01-19-2009, 06:39 PM
It was locked in my glovebox, little shitheads pried it. And yeah it's all suburban upper middle class little fucks that are geeked off their nuts off of meth or coke that are too fucking lazy to get a job to pay for their habits.

Those are usually older actually. Most of the door checkers are just your average shitty teenager. Someone drops them off, they go down the street checking car doors and steal from any that are unlocked, then get picked up. It's become really popular the past year or so.

BTW, link to more pics of your sig :D

Ruiner
01-19-2009, 06:40 PM

In all honesty, had it been MY vehicle that they were inside and/or trying to break into, things might have turned out differently.

There wasn't much I could do being that it wasn't my property, but had it been might, I would have put GA's "Stand Your Ground" law into effect. :)

Ruiner
01-19-2009, 06:43 PM
Those are usually older actually. Most of the door checkers are just your average shitty teenager. Someone drops them off, they go down the street checking car doors and steal from any that are unlocked, then get picked up. It's become really popular the past year or so.

Yep, you are 100% dead on.

I WISH that I wouldn't have walked out into the street when I saw the car coming down the road (I thought that it was a cop car). Once the car saw me, it immediately turned around and sped out of the neighborhood. THAT was the getaway car. Fuck. I knew it when he stopped. It was too far away for me to get the plate and he wasn't close enough to the street light for me to make out many details.

DarwinsA32
01-19-2009, 06:54 PM
In all honesty, had it been MY vehicle that they were inside and/or trying to break into, things might have turned out differently.

There wasn't much I could do being that it wasn't my property, but had it been might, I would have put GA's "Stand Your Ground" law into effect. :)
Damn Skippy

NSFW http://www.burningangel.com/fs/adahlia/gallery1.htmlNSFW
(http://www.burningangel.com/fs/adahlia/gallery1.html)
NSFWhttp://www.burningangel.com/fs/adahlia/gallery2.html (http://www.burningangel.com/fs/adahlia/gallery2.html)NSFW
NSFW http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=Adahlia&w=7577809%40N05 (http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=Adahlia&w=7577809%40N05)NSFW

(http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=Adahlia&w=7577809%40N05)

ruah_23
01-19-2009, 07:01 PM
I live close to suwannee.Which neighbourhood u live on??

Ruiner
01-19-2009, 07:30 PM
I live close to suwannee.Which neighbourhood u live on??

I live back in the MorningView area and I'll leave it at that.

ShooterMcGavin
01-20-2009, 10:49 AM
usually i'm on the same page w/you on things but this time, i think you should've just observed and called the cops. pistol in your pants or not, you don't know (as you clearly found out) how many ppl there are out there, what they are/aren't carrying, and what "backup" they maybe have. consider yourself lucky and keep watching out for yourself over your neighbors' belongings. cars/goods can be replaced, lives, not so much.

4dmin
01-20-2009, 10:57 AM
lol awesome too bad you didn't get to shoot anyone :(

Princess12
01-20-2009, 01:30 PM
I also live in Suwanee, and it has been a pretty popular thing lately. I know several families in our subdivision went through this about a month ago.

Crazy Asian
01-20-2009, 01:34 PM
Fawk this shit Im usually up late so Im usually cautious of whats going on. But I live in a gated subdivision so eh.

And I live near suwannee. Personally I think the theft's from Gwinnett are moving up thinking they can hit it bigger probably.

puregroove
01-20-2009, 01:57 PM
lol...awesome.

Ruiner
01-20-2009, 03:09 PM
Fawk this shit Im usually up late so Im usually cautious of whats going on. But I live in a gated subdivision so eh.

And I live near suwannee. Personally I think the theft's from Gwinnett are moving up thinking they can hit it bigger probably.

These are local, high school kids, probably from well-to-do families. I would say North Gwinnett if I had to guess. These aren't high school dropouts with criminal records (hence why one shit his pants). My guess is that they want the money/items to buy drugs. Meth is making the rounds as of late along with other drugs.

Brick
01-20-2009, 09:43 PM
These are local, high school kids, probably from well-to-do families. I would say North Gwinnett if I had to guess. These aren't high school dropouts with criminal records (hence why one shit his pants). My guess is that they want the money/items to buy drugs. Meth is making the rounds as of late along with other drugs.

Yeah, meth problem is getting younger. HS kids aren't just into pills, pot, and party drugs anymore.