PDA

View Full Version : Misc BIGGIE MOVIE

Julio
01-17-2009, 07:26 PM
I heard it sucks.. They made PAC seem like a pussy..

I guess they didnt show how Biggie use to sleep in PAC home on the couch and how PAC used to feed him and buy him cloth or PAC put him in the game..

I guess they didnt show How Tupac fucked Faith Evan, Biggies sweetheart..

Or How Biggie got RObbed and suckered rigth here in Atlanta .. How he didnt know how to do drug deals.. a

Lameeeeee... Studio wanksta= biggie

But ima wait to get the bootleg or joox..

Anyone on here seen it yet?

TIGERJC
01-17-2009, 07:31 PM
WHEN THEY HYPE A MOVIE that much, it must mean it sucks

VIP Style
01-17-2009, 08:50 PM
i was wondering how the movie was, i really was not interested in seeing it. if you have actually seen it, was it good or what?

uproot
01-17-2009, 08:58 PM
seeing as how it was produced by diddy, i'm sure he'd make pac look like a bitch to make biggie look even better

Seymour222
01-17-2009, 09:37 PM
I heard Diddy didn't do shit with this movie. He only showed up to collect a check.

cactusEG
01-17-2009, 09:41 PM
I wouldnt pay to see it ! I'll just watch it for free on the net...

JDMJAYDC2
01-18-2009, 10:49 AM
i saw it and i thought it was pretty good they made it seem like the whole pac getting shot thing was a accident and it wasnt bigs fault maybe it happend that way maybe not

all i can say is lil kim's snatch shot ftmfw lol

Da_unknown
01-18-2009, 06:17 PM
it was a good movie... imo

LizBiz
01-19-2009, 02:45 PM
I want to see it, was not really into Biggie, but it looks like it might be good.

stillaneon
01-19-2009, 04:32 PM
I thought the ad that I saw at the top of this thread was a little ironic:

http://i459.photobucket.com/albums/qq311/stillaneon/pac.jpg

Julio
01-19-2009, 04:44 PM
Biopics rarely succeed. It’s hard to make the public genuinely care about a person’s life, especially when the story must be tethered by the restraints of true life events. Even when the person in question has led a long, fruitful and substantial life. What makes Notorious B.I.G.’s life tragic is not just how woefully short it was — Wallace died at 25 — but how depressingly ordinary it was. His story could have been summed up in a Behind the Music VH1 interspliced with an episode of Maury Povich. Notorious is well acted with some great performances, but there’s really nothing heady or captivating to the story. Much like Biggie’s music, what’s done is done well, but it’s not reinventing the genre so much as perpetuating it. There’s no doubt his life touched many people, especially those in the urban communities where he came from, but it changed nothing. That he was gunned down — potentially over a rap feud (no light is shone on the unsolved mystery) — didn’t stop violence in rap music. The game just kept on being played.

Christopher Wallace was the only child of a single immigrant mother who sent him to private school, tried to keep him under her skirts, and instilled in him the importance of an education. But Wallace was growing up in the reality of Brooklyn, so as he got older, he ditched school and started dealing. Rapping was just a side thing. He came out of prison, made a demo tape and got it in the hands of a young and hungry producer named Sean “Puffy” Combs. When things looked like they were going to fall through, Wallace turned back to drugs and almost got busted for gun possession. His friend took the rap because Wallace had the chance to make something of himself. In the three years his friend spent behind bars, and under the wing of Puffy, Wallace became a multi-millionaire rap artist. Less than two years later, he was dead.

In the great Lone Gunmen filing cabinet of public figures being assassinated, the murder file on Christopher “Biggie Smalls” Wallace wouldn’t be more than a few pages. Many musicians die in their prime, and their stories are full of just as much pathos and struggling to be heard, particularly the three-for-one special on Richie Valens, Buddy Holly, and The Big Bopper. Biggie wasn’t changing the face of music like John Lennon or Jimi Hendrix. His death wasn’t as shocking as Marvin Gaye getting popped at the hands of his insane father. Even with the killer never captured, Biggie Smalls’ death becomes a Jack Ruby-like footnote in the greater conspiracy surrounding the death (and depending on whom you believe, potential resurrection) of the far more charismatic and talented Tupac Shakur. If Wallace’s death had been the end to Source awards shootings for record contracts, it would be a story worth knowing. Yet, as Kurt Cobain’s Hemingway impression didn’t stop Elliot Smith from somberly stabbing himself to death or Michael Hutchens from swinging from a hotel noose, Wallace’s needless murder just became another depressing corpse in a long line of dead rappers.

If the story of Christopher Wallace had to be told, I’m glad it was at least in the hands of semi-competent director George Tillman, Jr., who was responsible for such tepidly adequate films as Soul Food and Men of Honor, as well as producing the Barbershop phenomenon. In the wake of “Oz” and “The Wire,” stories about prison life and drug dealing have become as sad and flaccid as Flavor Flav’s clock. Tillman wisely chooses to rush quickly through much of Wallace’s childhood and drug dealing to the meaty scraps left on this meager bone, namely, Wallace’s rap career and the subsequent women this gave him access to. Biggie Smalls had an appetite for the ladies. He was a father at 16 with a schoolgirl named Jan. He almost immediately ends up getting involved with a sexy department store salesgirl who has ambitions of a rap career and who Biggie Smalls crafts into Lil’ Kim. (More on that later.) While he’s building Lil’ Kim’s career, he meets another one of Puffy’s clients, the gospel belting Faith Evans, who he married days later and started a family with. After all of that, he’s still out popping groupies on the road. For a dude who’s O.P.P.’ed at least three different black women at the same time, he’s lucky he managed to live as long as he did.

The script by Reggie Rock Bythewood and Cheo Hodari Coker sounds like it was compiled from eating a bag of fortune cookies. It’s bland, stale, repetitive, basically consisting of bite-size slogans like “Before you change the world, you’ve got to change yourself.” Then again, if it were a Zack Snyder movie, a shirtless guy would be on a rooftop shouting them in the rain, so you take what you get. There are a number of great moments in the movie, hinging mostly on the excellent performances. Christopher Wallace, Jr. (Biggie’s actual son) plays him as a young nerdling, sort of a pleasant hybrid of Fat Albert and Ralphie from . Angela Bassett is transcendent as Wallace’s mother Voletta, and she could teach Halle Berry what a West Indian accent is supposed to sound like. While they’re relegated to mostly Angel and Devil in the script, Naturi Naughton as Lil Kim and Antonique Smith as Faith Evans kill their roles. Derek Luke’s Puffy Combs manages to seem like both a caricature and homage at the same time, with Combs’ L.L. Cool Bean sweaters and silk shirt fashion sense to his almost constant dance moves. Anthony Mackie puts forward a pretty decent Tupac, and so I hope his career continues to take off — maybe in something other than a movie about rappers trying to make it. And Jamal Woodard effortlessly portrays Biggie, but his heavy lifting is relegated to getting out of chairs. The script portrays him as kind of a bumbling potato who gasps his way from record studio to backseat blowjob to stage performance.

The movie is as decent as any musician biopic can be, essentially just telling the story. It makes a couple half-assed stabs at morality. For example, when Biggie’s visiting his baby’s mama’s daughter, he cancels his invitation to fuck with Lil’ Kim who he then calls a fucking bitch. He dandles his young girl on his knee and says, “Don’t ever let a man call you a bitch.” Then he goes home to his wife and other kid. The film takes absolutely no chances, basically presenting a slickly produced P. Diddy video, and just as devoid of story. If anything, the movie’s only real fault is that it takes the pro Puffy Combs/Faith Evans camp, essentially favoring their version of the story. (Which comes as no surprise since Combs was an executive producer on the film.) Faith Evans always struck me as the good one in the entire debacle, a nice girl with a pretty voice. In the film, while she’s not afraid to snatch the head of a girl who’s fucking her man, she manages to come off as classy and admirable. Combs is made out to be the only cool head in the rap world, wanting to rise above the entire West Coast/East Coast rap war and make money making music. It’s Suge Knight who’s briefly portrayed as taking the entire Tupac Shakur shooting (the first one — in the lobby of Bad Boy Records) and using it to make a record company off of a bicoastal rivalry. Tupac and Biggie were friends — Biggie admired him, and Tupac gave him career advice. But then paranoia and doublespeak started a war that got Tupac shot (a second time — fatally after a Vegas Tyson fight) and potentially got Biggie shot in retribution.

The person who takes it up the ass the hardest is Lil Kim. Lil Kim’s always bukakked with the reputation of being the nastiest bitch, the stripper who’s empowered by her sexuality because she can use her snappin’ pussy to get all the diamonds and the rings and the bling and have any dick she chooses. (Under ten inches — ENNNT — sorry.) In Notorious, she bangs Biggie and asks if he’s got a girlfriend later. Then, her entire rap persona is supposedly imagineered by Biggie, who says men don’t want to hear about gangsta chicks but rather want girls who’ll fuck them with the lyrics. He turns her into a whore, his whore, who turns petty and jealous when he marries the sainted Faith, and basically spends the rest of the movie like a jealous psycho starting fights and trouble. Of course, when Biggie died, Lil’ Kim went into an almost two year depression. Faith Evans and Puffy remixed a Police song and essentially lived off the fatted calf of Biggie’s corpse for the same period. So you do the math. Or don’t. Both Lil’ Kim and Faith Evans have memoir/tell-alls due out sometime in the coming year.

Notorious was a decent flick, but again, the story doesn’t shine any light on the tragedy of Biggie’s death. It doesn’t even propose a suggestion as to who might have killed him. The basic moral of the story is that shit happens, and he tried, but shit got him in the end. It’s a shame, but again, it just becomes another story in the sad history of popular music. It’s not a skin color thing, or a style of music thing, it’s just a terrible fact. Notorious isn’t going to open your eyes to the truth or even act as a deterrent. It’s just going to tell you the story you already knew.

JITB
01-19-2009, 06:07 PM
i heard it was good...

julio doesnt like anything thats hyped up..lol

RL...
01-19-2009, 09:04 PM
I thought it was good. Entertained me.

Whens the pac movie coming out? lol

eckok24
01-19-2009, 09:07 PM
this movie was made by the family of biggie, and diddy had no sayin on the movie. lil kim was mad cause she didnt like how she was viewed. AND TUPAC IS WAY OVER RATED!!!!! HE WAS A GREAT ARTISTED BUT PEOPLE ACT AS THO HE WAS THE HARDEST.WHICH IS NOT SO TRUE.

SLOWLYbtngU
01-20-2009, 11:44 AM
lil kim was mad
Ha! She said the chick that played her was too BLACK...lmao..She wanted Christina Millian to play her. She must not remember how she used to look.

j0natell0
01-20-2009, 11:47 AM
it was ok.

blackboi50
01-20-2009, 11:48 AM
i watched it last night and it was what i expected!!!! was funny 2!!! :lmao:......1

StupidBikerBoy
01-20-2009, 11:55 AM
They should have made a movie about Tupac. Biggie would've never been anything if it wasn't for him. He done that man wrong

Spectic Tank
01-20-2009, 12:31 PM
They should have made a movie about Tupac. Biggie would've never been anything if it wasn't for him. He done that man wrong

WTF are you talking about?!

Spectic Tank
01-20-2009, 12:33 PM
I heard it sucks.. They made PAC seem like a pussy..

I guess they didnt show how Biggie use to sleep in PAC home on the couch and how PAC used to feed him and buy him cloth or PAC put him in the game..

I guess they didnt show How Tupac fucked Faith Evan, Biggies sweetheart..

Or How Biggie got RObbed and suckered rigth here in Atlanta .. How he didnt know how to do drug deals.. a

Lameeeeee... Studio wanksta= biggie

But ima wait to get the bootleg or joox..

Anyone on here seen it yet?

Or how Tupac was born in NYC and went to a performing arts school in Harlem, only to be moved to Cali by his mother because she was a crackhead...

SLOWLYbtngU
01-20-2009, 12:37 PM
WTF are you talking about?!
translation of his post:

Tupac made biggie who he was.

Spectic Tank
01-20-2009, 12:39 PM
translation of his post:

Tupac made biggie who he was.

Yea, I get that. But where does that come from. Tupac had nothing to do with biggie's success...

Dirty Octopus™
01-20-2009, 12:40 PM
She must not remember how she used to look.
:werd:

IMO the movie was fantastic! the girl that played Kim had her down to a T! she was down to fuck and made the sex scene that much more fucking awesome. not to mention her tits were on the lovely side. :crazy: everyones role was played to a T. though Antwone Fisher doesnt look like Sean Combs he had his character down.

it was a good film. though i do think they should have gotten some one harder to play Tupac. i like how they did indeed portray him as a mentor to Chris and explained how the whole rivalry got started. the only thing that seemed off was the time of the Kim affair. but i dug the film totally. better than i expected. :goodjob:

SLOWLYbtngU
01-20-2009, 12:54 PM
Yea, I get that. But where does that come from. Tupac had nothing to do with biggie's success...
I just translated... I cant justify the unjustifiable.

maybe cuz of the "beef" they had going back and forth??? :dunno:

Spectic Tank
01-20-2009, 12:56 PM
I just translated... I cant justify the unjustifiable.

maybe cuz of the "beef" they had going back and forth??? :dunno:

Yea, I dunno. I was thinking that, but that didn't start until Biggie had already released his first Album with Bad Boy, and was already on the way up. Who knows...I guess he knows something we don't

SLOWLYbtngU
01-20-2009, 12:57 PM
Antwone Fisher doesnt look like Sean Combs
Did you mean Derek Luke???

JITB
01-20-2009, 12:59 PM
Did you mean Derek Luke???

his name is antwone.......fisher..

Dirty Octopus™
01-20-2009, 12:59 PM
Did you mean Derek Luke???hell if i know. his first movie appearance was in Antwone Fisher. so in my eyes he's still Antwone Fisher

Dirty Octopus™
01-20-2009, 01:00 PM
thank you Joseph.

+15 :goodjob:

SLOWLYbtngU
01-20-2009, 01:04 PM
though i do think they should have gotten some one harder to play Tupac.
I think they chose him b/c he played Pac on Broadway

JITB
01-20-2009, 01:07 PM

WHAT!

SLOWLYbtngU
01-20-2009, 01:08 PM
:chuckles:

hell if i know. his first movie appearance was in Antwone Fisher. so in my eyes he's still Antwone Fisher
:doh:
thank you Joseph.

+15 :goodjob:
:mad:

B18c1Turboed
01-20-2009, 01:10 PM
I tought the movie was ok. It didnt really didnt show anything else, that was already known to everyone. I give the movie a 7.

Dirty Octopus™
01-20-2009, 01:11 PM

WHAT!

werd.... dis aint Broadway sista. dis is Hollywood! WHOLE different Playoff game :goodjob:

SLOWLYbtngU
01-20-2009, 01:23 PM
WHAT!
It is what it is SON!

Julio
01-20-2009, 06:28 PM
Or how Tupac was born in NYC and went to a performing arts school in Harlem, only to be moved to Cali by his mother because she was a crackhead...

Uhh and who doesnt know that ? Tell us something we dont know.. Everyone pac fan knows he was born in east harlem In the ghetto... Yes his mom was a crackhead... Yes he went to art school.. Dude was a POET... who spoke mostly of problems he saw when growing up..

Keep going.. He also used to help out Digital Underground back in the 80's. Actually PAC used to help carry the equipment around.. and was a back up dancer..

PAC DID put BIGGIE in the game.. look it up.. the movie got it twisted!

Biggie was 1st signed to Uptown Records... THANKS TO PAC and FORMER BACK UP DANCER FROM DIGITIBAL UNDERGROUND..

Pac was trying to get Atlantic record which had sign pac back in the day along with interscope but they would not sign BIGGIE..

But he was introduced to a PUFF DADDY who was an intern at UPTOWN and P diddy got him signed at uptown. but biggie was just that a HYPE back then.
Diddy finally got a position with UPTOWN but could never get Biggie to put out an album..

So anyways Puffy got fire from UPTOWN and then STARTED BAD BOY , then biggie left uptown and went with puffy.

I bet they didnt show that in the movie.. Huh?
Even with his Harvard experience, Puffy got fired.. Bad boy entertainment biggest HIT to date was MASE.. lol

lameeee.

Movie is crap.

Julio
01-20-2009, 06:30 PM
I cant wait to see a movie on how MASE turn into a preacher then rapper again then a fired by Gunit..

BLK JDM
01-20-2009, 08:38 PM
I thought the movie was gonna be another ghetto flick but I was actually very impressed!! I liked it and that's just not b/c my nickname is "Biggie." My friends have been calling me that shit for yrs. My girl hates the nickname. Oh well.

OUTLAW
01-21-2009, 05:47 AM
http://www.zshare.net/video/544238702c2696bc/

enjoy n save ur money

Spectic Tank
01-21-2009, 08:29 AM
Uhh and who doesnt know that ? Tell us something we dont know.. Everyone pac fan knows he was born in east harlem In the ghetto... Yes his mom was a crackhead... Yes he went to art school.. Dude was a POET... who spoke mostly of problems he saw when growing up..

Keep going.. He also used to help out Digital Underground back in the 80's. Actually PAC used to help carry the equipment around.. and was a back up dancer..

PAC DID put BIGGIE in the game.. look it up.. the movie got it twisted!

Biggie was 1st signed to Uptown Records... THANKS TO PAC and FORMER BACK UP DANCER FROM DIGITIBAL UNDERGROUND..

Pac was trying to get Atlantic record which had sign pac back in the day along with interscope but they would not sign BIGGIE..

But he was introduced to a PUFF DADDY who was an intern at UPTOWN and P diddy got him signed at uptown. but biggie was just that a HYPE back then.
Diddy finally got a position with UPTOWN but could never get Biggie to put out an album..

So anyways Puffy got fire from UPTOWN and then STARTED BAD BOY , then biggie left uptown and went with puffy.

I bet they didnt show that in the movie.. Huh?
Even with his Harvard experience, Puffy got fired.. Bad boy entertainment biggest HIT to date was MASE.. lol

lameeee.

Movie is crap.

Wallace started rapping (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rapping) when he was a teenager. He would entertain people on the streets with his rapping as well as perform with local groups, the Old Gold Brothers and the Techniques.[2] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biggie_Smalls#cite_note-allmusic-1) After being released from prison, Wallace made a demo tape (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demo_tape) under the name Biggie Smalls, a reference to his childhood nickname (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nickname) and to his stature; he stood at 6'3" (1.90 m) and weighed as much as 300 to 380 pounds according to differing accounts.[11] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biggie_Smalls#cite_note-mtv_police_sketch-10) The tape was reportedly made with no serious intent of getting a recording deal, but was promoted by New York (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York)-based DJ Mister Cee (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mister_Cee), who had previously worked with Big Daddy Kane (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Daddy_Kane), and was heard by the editor of The Source (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Source_(magazine)) magazine.[10] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biggie_Smalls#cite_note-ny_times_short_life-9)

In March 1992 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1992#March), Wallace featured in The Source's Unsigned Hype (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unsigned_Hype) column, dedicated to aspiring rappers and was invited to produce a recording with other unsigned artists, in a move that was reportedly uncommon at the time.[12] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biggie_Smalls#cite_note-atlantic_bio-11) The demo tape was heard by Uptown Records (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uptown_Records) A&R (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A%26R) and record producer (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Record_producer), Sean "Puffy" Combs (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sean_Combs), who arranged for a meeting with Wallace. He was signed to Uptown immediately and made an appearance on label mates, Heavy D & the Boyz (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heavy_D_%26_the_Boyz)' "A Buncha ******" (from Blue Funk).[2] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biggie_Smalls#cite_note-allmusic-1)[13] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biggie_Smalls#cite_note-12)

Soon after signing his recording contract, Combs was fired from Uptown and started a new label.[14] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biggie_Smalls#cite_note-xxl_rtd-13) Wallace followed and in mid-1992, signed to Combs' new imprint label, Bad Boy Records (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bad_Boy_Records). On August 8, 1993, Wallace's long-term partner gave birth to his first child, T'yanna.[15] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biggie_Smalls#cite_note-biggie_timeline-14) Wallace continued selling drugs after the birth to support his daughter financially. Once this was discovered by Combs, he was made to quit.[2] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biggie_Smalls#cite_note-allmusic-1)

I looked it up and didn't see Tupac anywhere? maybe you can find a better link...

1000cckiller
01-21-2009, 09:44 AM
Yea, I get that. But where does that come from. Tupac had nothing to do with biggie's success...acutally he did!

Spectic Tank
01-21-2009, 09:49 AM
acutally he did!

Care to elaborate?

RL...
01-21-2009, 10:53 AM
I looked it up and didn't see Tupac anywhere? maybe you can find a better link...

x2

SLOWLYbtngU
01-21-2009, 02:21 PM
Care to elaborate?
I wanna know too.

I found this though... http://www.notoriousbig.co.uk/rarefacts.html

check the 7th arrow.

VIP Style
01-21-2009, 02:25 PM
man i have heard all kind of shit too about pac being responsible for part of bigs success.

Spectic Tank
01-21-2009, 02:33 PM
I wanna know too.

I found this though... http://www.notoriousbig.co.uk/rarefacts.html

check the 7th arrow.

That is interesting, I always knew they were friends and I remember seeing pictures of them together.

Still, I don't see how that constitutes giving Pac credit for making BIG famous...