PDA

View Full Version : Skills you never knew you had....

Julio
01-17-2009, 02:56 PM
I was going to post this a few month ago, But I hate putting personal shit out there.. but what the heck.

So, Have any of you ever discover a "talent" you never thought you had?

Me, no. But my 25 year old brother who is in Jail has.

I guess being in jail with nothing to do, not only you discover things you never knew you were capable of doing on top of other "shady" shit you learn while in jail I guess. He also learned how to Cut hair..

When I visit my brother, We always talk about weird shit, a few month ago he tells me . " Hey man, send me some pictures, magazines to keep me Busy. I have read the bible already and a few political books, but I want magazines with art in them"

I was like Art? Now you turning fruity and shit. He tells me, Nope, I can draw..

I was like yea right.. He said, no seriously.. and Im pretty good.. He shows me some stuff he had done.. I was blown away by them.. Im not art expert, but I was really taken back for a minute..

He then tells me, " I just didnt know I had this skills in me, When you have nothing to do in here besides working, reading the bibble, looking at walls and talking with your cellmate , you just put your mind to work.. "

So, thats where my question comes from.. Because I have never discovered anything..

I'm just amazed how us humans don't really use our brains to the fullest, I wish we were possible to do so.. or better yet put all the effort into it..

Here is a drawing he did.. I took this drawing and showed it to a couple of tattoo artist and a guy at the Flea market in doraville who does portrait paintings and they tell me the same thing, He def has skills and should pursue his artist skills once he gets better and comes out of jail.. ..

This is my brother, Never in my life seen him drawing.....

Julio
01-17-2009, 02:57 PM
BTW, this is how he makes his living in Jail..

If any of you been locked up.. you know what Im talking about..

He makes drawings for ex amount of , Cup of Noodles, Real ciggs instead of roll ups, coffee grounds etc... etc..

Crazy shit..

Catnip
01-17-2009, 03:08 PM
BTW, this is how he makes his living in Jail..

If any of you been locked up.. you know what Im talking about..

He makes drawings for ex amount of , Cup of Noodles, Real ciggs instead of roll ups, coffee grounds etc... etc..

Crazy shit..

He should do suspect drawings/sketches for the police ;)

TheGodfather
01-17-2009, 03:08 PM
I have nunchaku skills.
Bowhunting skills.
Computer hacking skills.

Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Psycho
01-17-2009, 03:15 PM
That's awesome that your bro found honest skills he can use for the rest of his life, instead of stuff that can possibly get him arrested again once he gets out. I would be really proud of him if I were you. He sounds like a guy who learned how to better himself. Instead of getting sucked deeper into the criminal way of life, like most incarcerated people do.

Juggernaut
01-17-2009, 05:10 PM
^^^ I Lol'ed @ your sig until I realized it was staged.

Vteckidd
01-17-2009, 05:43 PM
Wow thats really cool. Props to him.

I found my 'niche' so to speak, but when i try to explain to people what i do they dont get it or grasp it. I mean i have this talent for selling, on forums, on the internet, that no one else or has in the same capacity that i have. Its talentless talent :) but i make a living at it so its ok

OneSlow5pt0
01-17-2009, 05:48 PM
thats pretty awesome..

as for me..umm i can play guitar and seem to can always make people laugh,or make up a whole long ass stupid story as i go.lol

jfman
01-17-2009, 06:28 PM
No wonder the wiseguys call prison "college" :lol:

I do think it's a little fucked up that prisoners can afford to "discover" themselves while the rest of us are too busy busting ass for their prison bill.

Julio
01-17-2009, 07:20 PM

I do think it's a little fucked up that prisoners can afford to "discover" themselves while the rest of us are too busy busting ass for their prison bill.

Is a catch 22 though..

I think the system is fucked up though because the COUNTY JAIL gets a money every day per prissioner... Rumours are $200.00+ a day per inmate..

Now, where does this money goes ? Is def not to the prissioners or to help the condition they live in.. especially the food.. lol

So my question is, where does the money really goes??

Hmmmnnnnn..

Do the math.

Vteckidd
01-17-2009, 07:33 PM

Way i look at it is people fuck up, they make mistakes. If they do their time, i have no problem with it. And honestly thats what prison is for, REHABILITATION. So if someone gets arrested for selling drugs, and goes to jail for a year, and comes out an artist or with some other skill to become a productive member of society, then my tax dollars were well spent. IMO of course.

Criminals go to jail its a given, we are paying one way or the other. But we hope they come out productive members of society, not smarter criminals

Catnip
01-17-2009, 08:21 PM
Way i look at it is people fuck up, they make mistakes. If they do their time, i have no problem with it. And honestly thats what prison is for, REHABILITATION. So if someone gets arrested for selling drugs, and goes to jail for a year, and comes out an artist or with some other skill to become a productive member of society, then my tax dollars were well spent. IMO of course.

Criminals go to jail its a given, we are paying one way or the other. But we hope they come out productive members of society, not smarter criminals

+1 :goodjob: