PDA

View Full Version : while everyone else was at the meet...

metal_man
01-16-2009, 10:51 PM
first off i have been banned from my b_hoov acct, i believe for my sig but am not sure, hope everyone had fun at the meet last night, i however loaded up the family and tried driving 5 hr away to my wifes aunts house, made sense, less traffic, i can go a little faster, jacob would sleep the whole time...so instead of going today we departed last night, well we left from commerce and were making great time, everyone was asleep besides me, i was tuning the the radio stations, we had like 80miles to go, crusing down the road at 75-80mph, this is all 85 north by the way, get past charlotte and headed down a slight grade, im onyl doing 70 so i gently press the gas, nothing happens, motor revs...no pull, of course im in my mother in laws pontiac transport van, and of course im in the far left lane, tried every gear and nothing works, finally i get over in the emergency lane, wake everyone up, check the trans dip stock, nothing, so lets review...4hr away from home, 2am, 5 month old in the car, broke down, 20 degrees outside...used the gps to locate a dozen or so toe truck companies, well they either did not pick up or told me to call someone else. a half hour or so goes by and up rolls state patrol, only time i have been glad to see flashing blue strobes in my rearview, so i talk to him an an hour later a tow truck shows up that he called, i ride on the tow truck, wife, mother in law, and jacob in the patrol charger, 85$ to tow it 2 miles to the quicky mart, bought 4 quarts of trans fluid thinking that would change something...no it didn't, so we decide to stay in a hotel, none of the shuttles run that late of course, found one that did and they drive out there, then everyone decides they would just rather have my wifes aunt drive out, so i have to tell the hotel guy thanks but nevermind, aunt did not arrive til 4am, arrived at her house around 5:15, it was an interesting night to say the least, hope everyone had a better time at the meet!

BKgen®
01-16-2009, 11:08 PM
holy crap dude...

moral of the story: Women rarely maintain their vehicles.

B_Hoov
01-16-2009, 11:30 PM
all i could do is laugh, my mother in law said she asked her hubby to take it to the mechanic before this trip to have everything checked, since he did not he gets to cover the entire cost of the trip hahaha

mushroom_toy
01-16-2009, 11:38 PM
Sucks. At least yall got there in one piece though.

The BUCKY
01-17-2009, 01:00 AM
damn bruce... we are d

ranked as fuck at buckys....lol.... I love yo man

MSP1660
01-17-2009, 09:06 AM
that does suck. Yeah, at least you made it in one piece.

Mr. Clean
01-17-2009, 09:50 AM
wow i am actually happy it ended up the way it did from when i was reading lol...

i was expecting a wreck and i was freaking out.

i'm sorry man. breaking down away from home sucks a nut. it's even worse when there's the whole family involved haha.

glad everything turned out alright

B_Hoov
01-17-2009, 01:44 PM
yea it could have been worse i guess...not by much but it could have been, hopefully the trip home wont be quite as involved

PURP
01-17-2009, 03:15 PM
Glad the fam is ok, Bruce. Sounds like a shitty traveling experience

B_Hoov
01-20-2009, 02:11 PM
well the trip back was relaxing, of course i had to drive but, we left the broke down van there and i will be going back later with my trailer to retrieve it, most likely thursday.

PURP
01-20-2009, 06:38 PM
well the trip back was relaxing, of course i had to drive but, we left the broke down van there and i will be going back later with my trailer to retrieve it, most likely thursday.

Well, maybe I could lend a hand if needed... LMK, man.:goodjob: