PDA

View Full Version : DUAL POINT FUEL INJECTION

99HORSEPOWER
01-16-2009, 09:34 PM
since i was wondering about putting a d16y7 into a DPFI(Dual point fuel injected) ef hatchback what do i really need to do to convert it to PGMFI?

SiRed94
01-16-2009, 11:02 PM
since i was wondering about putting a d16y7 into a DPFI(Dual point fuel injected) ef hatchback what do i really need to do to convert it to PGMFI?

There are several articles online with write-ups on what all you need and how to wire it. You can stay obd0, you will just need a D16a6 distributor, and ecu. You can use the stock Y7 manifold, but it flows like shit. I'd recommend getting a Y8 or Z6 manifold/rail/injectors etc. Use your stock wiring harness and just add the wires for the other injectors and distributor.

99HORSEPOWER
01-17-2009, 06:48 AM
There are several articles online with write-ups on what all you need and how to wire it. You can stay obd0, you will just need a D16a6 distributor, and ecu. You can use the stock Y7 manifold, but it flows like shit. I'd recommend getting a Y8 or Z6 manifold/rail/injectors etc. Use your stock wiring harness and just add the wires for the other injectors and distributor.

well the motor has the 99-00 civic intake manifold comes with the stock distributor but i am not sure which one
and i should be getting the wiring harness and the ecu from that car

Captain-Obvious™
01-17-2009, 03:07 PM
well the motor has the 99-00 civic intake manifold comes with the stock distributor but i am not sure which one
and i should be getting the wiring harness and the ecu from that car

you still need an obd0 distributor because the chassis is obd0...

bigdare23
01-17-2009, 03:14 PM
google mpfi swap

99HORSEPOWER
01-17-2009, 03:49 PM
you still need an obd0 distributor because the chassis is obd0...

ok thanks so which obd0 distributor could i use?

99HORSEPOWER
01-17-2009, 04:43 PM

thanks man now i know which to use