PDA

View Full Version : Misc protein bars?

james
01-16-2009, 06:02 PM
man they all seem to taste like shit.

i am not expecting them to taste like a snickers bar, but cmon, they are awful.

I started off with some "metrx" brand ones from publix= awful. then my dad gave me one of his "thinkthin" bars from trader joes= a little better, but theres gotta be some kind of good tasting protein thing.

any ideas for me?

SouthrnStyle
01-16-2009, 06:04 PM
Eat them faster.

Ty 2FLY
01-16-2009, 11:28 PM
the best i had are the snickers protien bars oh so good!

rizzler
01-17-2009, 02:24 AM
clif bars.

Blitanicle99
01-17-2009, 12:11 PM
Try the metRX, meal bars. Personal favorite is cookie dough. Its actually not bad, and I kind of like it. Its like 54 grams of protien or whatever. My lunch every day this summer was a foot long sub, big vitamin water and one of those.

josh green
01-19-2009, 08:03 AM
Clif as stated is a good one. If you are looking for meal replacement try to I.S.S. "Oh Yeah" bars, they are pretty good too. But you got to remember, its protein, its more of an aquired taste, lol.

SampaGuy
01-19-2009, 09:12 AM
The shakes taste better and are a hell lot cheaper.

iEvo
02-02-2009, 03:38 PM
a shake is going to taste a little better then a bar BUT a bar is much easier to eat on the go. they all taste pretty much the same. try something with peanut butter, it should make it not so chalky

ATLSRT8
02-02-2009, 04:04 PM
Most bars that are available at a grocery store are shit. Chalky and nasty as hell. Depending on what the bars purpose is, I have a few suggestions. For a snack type bar (pre, post workout) I would suggest Promax bars, they are easy to eat and not a million calories. My favorite flavor is the chocolate mint. If you are lookin for a meal replacement bar, I prefer Supreme Protein Carb Conscious bars. They are pretty big and have a good amount of calories behind them. I like the peanut butter crunch those, but there is a lot of PB in them. Both of these can be bougt by the box on bodybuilding.com

RL...
02-02-2009, 07:25 PM
protein bars are horrible

drink a whey protein shake....some taste very good

or just eat a couple slices of turkey/ham and you'll take in as much protein as a bar

Atlblkz06
02-02-2009, 07:54 PM
You know whats weird? If you REALLY need the protein, they'll taste hella good.

I chomped down on a whole MetRx bar after a workout once - and thought it tasted awesome too. So I bought another one (same flavor) and it tasted like shit later 2 days later.

ed_gm90
02-02-2009, 08:33 PM
The shakes taste better and are a hell lot cheaper.

x100. Try GNC's products, dont go and buy those expensive "enhaced" protein shakes over $70, protein is protein. I'm taking Mass XXX from GNC right now and it tastes alright.

p.s-vanilla seems to always be the better tasting shakes, chocolate and strawberrry taste straight up like vitamins. lol