PDA

View Full Version : which alarm

FCguy
09-16-2005, 01:10 PM
I know this is the stereo section but there is no plain electronics section. And the stereo guru's usually know their sh*t about electronics.

So my question is what alarm should I buy for my 92' Bronco (big ass tow vehicle). All Im trying to accpomplish is make my factory power door locks keyless entry and my power rolling rear window remote control. Im always putting stuff into the back and you have to use the key to roll down the rear window. One direction rolls it down the other back up. So is there a CHEAP alarm that can make my door locks keyless and my power rear window remote control up and down (from the same remote). BTW I dont care about shock sensors, sirens, or anything else... just want those two fucntions.

tluve69
09-19-2005, 07:14 AM
does the vehicle have motors/regulators in place already...? if so they do make an aftermarket keyless entry kit that has no security function that you can hard wire as you would an alarm just no door pins or sirens. id try ebay and type keyless entry in and see what pops up. I just threw my system away 2 weeks ago man or i would have sold you that one. I sold them for 60 bux when I had my shop so I wouldnt buy one for more than 100 bux.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Crimestopper-Remote-Start-with-Keyless-Entry-NEW_W0QQitemZ5808422439QQcategoryZ1498QQrdZ1QQcmdZ ViewItem

FCguy
09-24-2005, 12:24 AM
looking for one that can roll my factory power rear window down by remote. I've seen car alarms that with a touch of a button will drop or raise windows. Yes my rear window arleady has motors and such. It came like that from the factory.

Boosted S60R
09-24-2005, 08:08 AM
You could look into a viper 350 hv which you can easily do everything you want to do. I work for hi fi at mall of georgia if you wanna give me a call just ask for mike in the car stereo department.678-482-2045 also remind me that your from Ia and I will do my best to hook you up.

The Ren
09-24-2005, 08:15 AM
The viper really is the best from what I hear... I am having it installed today :D

SOHC MONSTER
10-10-2005, 01:07 AM
just to inform everybody......... what classifies it as "the best?" let me you school you on security...i am a mecp master installer and i work for Omega R&D based out of douglasville. we are the makers of excalibur,crimegaurd,k9 and freedom car alarms. directed electronics and our product are made in the same factory so the only difference is maybe a few bullshit features and cosmetics. but as far as quality, there is no difference, viper (DEI) is really over priced

mp5o
10-10-2005, 01:40 PM
just to inform everybody......... what classifies it as "the best?" let me you school you on security...i am a mecp master installer and i work for Omega R&D based out of douglasville. we are the makers of excalibur,crimegaurd,k9 and freedom car alarms. directed electronics and our product are made in the same factory so the only difference is maybe a few bullshit features and cosmetics. but as far as quality, there is no difference, viper (DEI) is really over priced

Soooooo... In turn, what would you reccommend? Im looking for something with allll the features of a top of the line viper or near that. Any help?

I.E. Shock sensors, tilt sensor, motion sensor, proximity sensor, power lock open/close, glass break sensor, ETC..... A price would help also.

SOHC MONSTER
10-10-2005, 02:34 PM
I would recomend crimegaurd. i just installed one on a members car over the weekend. PM RND2000 and he will give his input on the alarm i installed. when you mean power locks open/close, did you mean adding lock motors or controlling the existing power lock system in the car? I can sell you everything for $225-250 depending on if you need motors or not. As a matter of fact, i bought a cell phone from you a few months ago.. the moto v551 i believe it was. i met you at six flags.
ANYWAY the model of the system is the Crime Gaurd 850i4-E

sina518
01-11-2006, 04:36 PM
how bout compustar lcd 2 way up to a mile and a half. you should let trafficjams in ga do the install if you want best results and excellent customer service oh and its warrentied

DJ XtRaKŠ
01-11-2006, 04:46 PM
i work over at circuit city as an installer, i mainly do alarms and whatnot. but for what you want weve got the valet 712t which is just lock/unlock/2nd function (which could be your window.) let me know