PDA

View Full Version : 05 ford explorer - cd player install

Schugg
01-15-2009, 01:11 PM
i took the factory stereo/cd player out and put a aftermarket cd player in so my wife could use her ipod on it. the factory player had one main big connector with all the wires then another big connector with only 2 wires in it. but the harness kit did not have anything for the 2 wire connector so i figured it was for dimming the factory players lights or something and left them alone. i soldered the harness together so i doubt any broke but after putting it all back together i noticed sound is coming out of the driver front side alot louder then the passenger front. i actually cant even hear the passenger side unless i go into the cd player and set the balance all the way to the passenger side, even then its barely loud enough to here, even with volume at a decent level. just wanting to see what could cause this? im pretty sure i wired everything correctly but say i put a purple wire with the purple/black stripe wire and so on for one speaker, could that cause this? or would it not work at all? but any ideas let me know, just dont know why the speaker does work, but its not getting the same output as the others