PDA

View Full Version : Insurance Not Wanting To Pay Full Amount!! (Opinions Please)

mushroom_toy
01-15-2009, 09:34 AM
Well the deal is I got hit, and went to get a quote at one of the other guys insurers body shops. Last week Ive already gotten 4 quotes and none of them are as cheap as the one i got today. The body shop is one of the customers of the insurance company so i knew they would want to screw me to begine with. When the company calls today Im pretty much going to tell them Im not going to accept that amount, and I want to use an average of or one of my quotes. Im going to get the quotes faxed to them and tell them if we cannot work out a deal I will be hiring an attorney. Im not going to get ripped on fixing my car when I myself know about how much the body work and damage is going to cost.

Just fyi: the quotes I got last week range from $1107-1489
the one I got today was for $762!

Yall think this is a good course of action?

§treet_§peed
01-15-2009, 09:36 AM
your fucked luke. they'll prolly want to just total it out. cheap ass insurance companies.

mushroom_toy
01-15-2009, 09:38 AM
Nah Ill get my money one way or another.

DJ Maestro
01-15-2009, 09:38 AM
Well the deal is I got hit, and went to get a quote at one of the other guys insurers body shops. Last week Ive already gotten 4 quotes and none of them are as cheap as the one i got today. The body shop is one of the customers of the insurance company so i knew they would want to screw me to begine with. When the company calls today Im pretty much going to tell them Im not going to accept that amount, and I want to use an average of or one of my quotes. Im going to get the quotes faxed to them and tell them if we cannot work out a deal I will be hiring an attorney. Im not going to get ripped on fixing my car when I myself know about how much the body work and damage is going to cost.

Just fyi: the quotes I got last week range from $1107-1489
the one I got today was for $762!

Yall think this is a good course of action?

Best course of action would be to just sell your car and buy this...

http://www.motorauthority.com/wp-content/uploads/Lamborghini/Gallardo/SuperLeg/Review/gallardo_superleggera_small.jpg

:yes:

Sammich
01-15-2009, 09:39 AM
oh man not the accord?

i remember when my 88 toyota got side swiped on the door..the total cost for the estimates were about ur the same as urs and i believe the truck was still worth 2400 nada at taht time..and they cut me a check of the most expensive one....its a gamble...

mushroom_toy
01-15-2009, 09:39 AM
Best course of action would be to just sell your car and buy this...

http://www.motorauthority.com/wp-content/uploads/Lamborghini/Gallardo/SuperLeg/Review/gallardo_superleggera_small.jpg

:yes:

:lmfao:What a piece....

slowinmidga
01-15-2009, 11:21 AM
You will likely lose playing hardball with quotes on body shop estimates. Just use their shop and they will guarantee the work and if its not right they will fix it. Most attorneys dont take the coll portion without their being some type of Bodily injury involved as well because their is not enough money to be made. They will more than likely tell you to pay the difference or they will talk to your shop about their estimate and see why they are so different, try to negotiate it and when that doesnt work they will tell you they arent paying that. Its normally much cheaper for the ins company to use their shops because they already have rates established on parts and labor with those shops which i have seen vary by as much as $30 an hour. Its your call but you wont win. When all else fails, they will go by mitchells or whatever estimating software they use to the letter.

Kaiser
01-15-2009, 11:36 AM
Believe it or not, the bodyshops the insurance company use are usually picked because they're the cheapest. Of course, if you think that the quality of work is sub-par, they should meet you around the $1000 mark. If you don't go in asking for $2000 or something, they will often be relatively reasonable with you. Insurance companies try and take care of people who get hit by their customers, since if you have a shitty experience after getting hit by one of their customers, you're going to go around telling your friends about it. If you have a decent-but-not-spectacular experience, you'll keep your mouth shut (This option costs them the least money) and if you have a spectacular experience you might tell a couple people about how great they treated you, and if they get lucky you or one of the people you tell might switch. Blammo, money for them.

Of course then there are some shitty companies who are just terrible, and you get no luck with them. The world would be a better place if people would share more of those bad experiences really.

mushroom_toy
01-15-2009, 12:27 PM
All I want is $1100 Thats not too much to ask. Im gonna be taking my car elsewhere as I dont trust work from really anywhere around Gainesville except Milton Martin Toyota and they wanted over $1200.

J-ROCK
01-15-2009, 12:28 PM
get ken nuggent! one call thats all lol

mushroom_toy
01-15-2009, 12:29 PM
lol. for bodily injury. XD

slowinmidga
01-15-2009, 01:09 PM
If your filing through the other persons insurance, they will tell you that if you dont like what they are willing to pay then file through your own insurance and see if they will pay the amount u are requesting and have them subrogate.