PDA

View Full Version : GPC parking ticket, how important?

UpSideDownDesi
01-15-2009, 01:19 AM
:rant: i got a GPC parking ticket for parking in Handicap without a sign. I went in, and came out then bam ticket...within mins. Now it was only a Campus ticket not state. I didn't have my Student ID on me nor did i have the parking decal on so no student info written on the ticket. Now question is, if any of y'all have gotten it, how important is it? I have heard mixed replies from friends, "don't pay it, nothing happens", "they turn it over to County", and "you won't graduate." <<<last one might be true.

Lil input plz

Whiteboy™
01-15-2009, 01:21 AM
fuck 'em

TheGrillMan
01-15-2009, 01:23 AM
why risk it?

UpSideDownDesi
01-15-2009, 01:30 AM
why risk it?
i'll pay at graduation, i don't have funds rite now. Just paid for books and tuition out of pocket 3 days ago. Another $200 ticket, they can suck it up till graduation.

AirMax95
01-15-2009, 09:15 AM
Yeah, you might want to pay it. Those get forwarded to the local PD after some time, IIRC.

Oh, and you won't be able to graduate or buy a new parking pass either. At least thats how most colleges are.

dtmcnamara
01-15-2009, 09:30 AM
the only way they know its you is by:

A- Your tag is on file, meaning you have EVER had your tag in their systems
B- Your parking pass is in the window

I would pay it, but then again....

FUCK EM

DJ Maestro
01-15-2009, 09:58 AM
Best thing is to pay it. Not paying it will keep you from being able to register for any more classes, not being able to get transcripts when you need them, and most importantly they won't let you graduate until it is paid. :police:

The Ren
01-15-2009, 10:02 AM
Best thing is to pay it. Not paying it will keep you from being able to register for any more classes, not being able to get transcripts when you need them, and most importantly they won't let you graduate until it is paid. :police:

Exactly

UpSideDownDesi
01-15-2009, 10:39 AM
the only way they know its you is by:

A- Your tag is on file, meaning you have EVER had your tag in their systems
B- Your parking pass is in the window

I would pay it, but then again....

FUCK EM
neither A or B, they don't have this tag in file nor do i have a Parking Decal for this car. I don't have to take this car to school, i can take one of the others lol.

SiRed94
01-15-2009, 10:40 AM
I have at least 9 unpaid parking tickets at UGA from their campus police. But if you still attend college there, I'd definitely pay it.

dtmcnamara
01-15-2009, 10:41 AM
if the tag is not on record then they do not know its you and cannot put it on your account. If you have some time before you graduate I would say dont pay it and when you register for your next classes ask to see if you have any parking tickets.

They will look and if you do, pay it, if you dont then more $$$ if your pocket...lol

On_Her_Face
01-15-2009, 10:43 AM
I went to GGC and never paid for shit.

Sammich
01-15-2009, 10:46 AM
just pay up man...dont risk it

graduation > not paying ticket

Kyle
01-15-2009, 10:51 AM
Don't pay it.

My friend has like 10 at Georgia Tech, but will never register the car for a parking pass, so they have no way of knowing what students car it is. Thus, no need to pay it.

If they care enough you will see it on your account, until that point don't mess with it.

UpSideDownDesi
01-15-2009, 10:54 AM
well i am gonna apeal it, if it gets rejected i'll tell them that i won't able to pay now. I am gonna pay it tho :rant:, if it shows on records.

Hulud
01-15-2009, 11:05 AM
:rant: i got a GPC parking ticket for parking in Handicap without a sign. I went in, and came out then bam ticket...within mins. Now it was only a Campus ticket not state. I didn't have my Student ID on me nor did i have the parking decal on so no student info written on the ticket. Now question is, if any of y'all have gotten it, how important is it? I have heard mixed replies from friends, "don't pay it, nothing happens", "they turn it over to County", and "you won't graduate." <<<last one might be true.

Lil input plz
if they dont have any student info on you then there is nothing they can do.

only way is if you are a student there and they got your info they will hold your transcripts so no transfer to other schools

DJ Maestro
01-15-2009, 11:11 AM
if they dont have any student info on you then there is nothing they can do.

only way is if you are a student there and they got your info they will hold your transcripts so no transfer to other schools

The problem though is that they DO have his tag information on the car that got ticketed. I know that campus police will get outside help from local police when needed. In this case they can run his tag info to find who the owner is. Once they have that info they just match the name of the car owner to their school roster and bam, if there is a match they attach it to your school records. The cops don't play, campus or not. :no:

UpSideDownDesi
01-15-2009, 11:34 AM
^^that's the only way they can link it. I am apealing it, and forgeting it till it pops up again later.

DJ Maestro
01-15-2009, 11:39 AM
^^that's the only way they can link it. I am apealing it, and forgeting it till it pops up again later.

Good deal. :goodjob:

j0nbunklah0m
01-15-2009, 11:42 AM
good idea to pay it. btw. i think ur in my history class lol

00CelicaGT
01-15-2009, 11:54 AM

thats probably cuz ur dad did:lmfao:

blacknightteg
01-15-2009, 11:55 AM
dude its not that important untill like you start stackin them up.

UpSideDownDesi
01-15-2009, 12:13 PM
good idea to pay it. btw. i think ur in my history class lol
haha awesome, T-TH History 1111 at 7:30, froom rm1420?

Benefit
01-15-2009, 12:17 PM
i got one when i first started attending, i just crimpled it up and threw it out the window...if they dont kno who u are and what u drive, then...?

j0nbunklah0m
01-15-2009, 12:20 PM
haha awesome, T-TH History 1111 at 7:30, froom rm1420?

oh maybe not then haha. i got it at 11.

dtmcnamara
01-15-2009, 12:52 PM
oh maybe not then haha. i got it at 11.

its ok...all the foreigners look alike... :ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

* starts to run *

j/p

UpSideDownDesi
01-15-2009, 01:37 PM
its ok...all the foreigners look alike... :ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

* starts to run *

j/p
durka you :2up:

ksniperfox
01-15-2009, 02:35 PM

must be nice to have mommy and daddy pay for everything. shouldnt you be a doctor or something with those kinds of capabilities?

Got Milk?
01-15-2009, 04:08 PM
If you don't pay, next time u try to register for classes you wont be able to. They will put what they like to call "HOLE"(not hold, HOLE) on your record.

sogood
01-15-2009, 04:30 PM
Don't take the terrible advice of many in this thread, just pay the ticket and be done with it.

csmiths
01-15-2009, 08:18 PM
i never paid a parking ticket from GPC, and im not worried about it

GIXXERDK
01-15-2009, 11:44 PM
neither A or B, they don't have this tag in file nor do i have a Parking Decal for this car. I don't have to take this car to school, i can take one of the others lol.

I did the same thing once with my gf's car :lmfao: They usually let you slide for the first ticket. Repeating offenders get a boot.

VooDooXII
01-16-2009, 05:25 PM
Do what Mr. Chi City did! (http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1896242)

Tuan
01-16-2009, 05:41 PM

Lil input plzWhy didn't you just park in a regular parking spot?