PDA

View Full Version : LIFE POLL: WHAT IS YOUR OUTLOOK

4dmin
03-22-2005, 09:49 AM
LIFE POLL: WHAT IS YOUR OUTLOOK

chrisdavis
03-22-2005, 10:26 AM
I voted other.

I am pro-choice but I am not pro abortion. I believe that that decision should be made by the woman whose life it will affect. I believe in the death penalty however I think that the process should be reformed there is no reason for some of these people who have no regards or remorse for life should enjoy living for 5-10-15 years, waste tax money for living expenses, and tie up the courts with frivolous(sp) appeals because they dont want to die. I think that stem cell research could be beneficial.

Brett
03-22-2005, 08:17 PM
I believe in the Death Penalty ( Hell Id love to pull the swtich just one time actually on one of these sick fucks in the world ) I am PRO CHOICE for abortion, I believe its not the governments choice to tell a woman she can or cant have an abortion, Its HER choice, and I am pro stem cell, I belive ALOT of good can come from that nd alot of cures.

chrisdavis
03-22-2005, 09:27 PM
I am PRO CHOICE for abortion

I am not against abortion.It seems that there is a stigma that if you are pro choice then you rule out all other options except abortion. I feel that its a womans right to choose(just as you) the path that is best for her, be it adoption, raising a child, or abortion.

CSquared
03-22-2005, 09:46 PM
im not one of those crazy people to stand outside an abortion clinic and protest... But i still think that its fucked up.

All of us have been in that fetus's position at one point or another... and i appreciate the fact that i didnt get my fucking brains sucked out.

quickdodge®
03-22-2005, 10:22 PM
I believe in the Death Penalty, abortions in certain circumstances, I'm not too sure on cloning(stem cell). Later, QD.

seksicarlovinchick
03-23-2005, 11:08 AM
See, I'm for the death penalty, and ok with stem cwell research on the cells already collected, but as far as abortion...i'm totaly against partial birth abortion (the baby is carried to term, and killed in the birth canal), other abortion i think is situational...like if a woman is raped, abortion is understandable, but if a woman just screws up and gets pregnant, its her problem, and the child doesn't deserve to be killed for her mistake. Like i said tho, it has to be judged individually

CSquared
03-23-2005, 12:24 PM
but if a woman just screws up and gets pregnant, its her problem, and the child doesn't deserve to be killed for her mistake. Like i said tho, it has to be judged individually

Exactly... to me pro choice is whether or not you choose to be an idiot and refrain from using birth control. Just because someone decided to be irresposible this poor child has to suffer the consequences.

If you dont want to have children... dont have sex... or use birth control... it's as simple as that.

I dont see why people have such trouble with this issue

CRXchic19
08-03-2005, 01:00 AM
true, but people dumb enough not to use some kind of birth control method in the first place wouldnt really make the most responsible parents... i kno if it were one of my friends and i knew she couldnt handle a baby, i would tell her to get an abortion rather than putting the baby through god-knows-what for the rest of its life.

a woman should be able to choose what happens to her body

death penalty is undecided, 2 wrongs dont make a right, but spending the rest of your life with a free place to live, cable, and sports doesnt really seem like the perfect punishment for murder...

stem cell research, all 4 it, they will find so many ways to prevent diseases

CRXchic19
08-03-2005, 01:08 AM
also, i know this woman who is 26 and has 6 kids, none of the dads are around, she doesnt believe in abortion, and those kids are treated like shit, they range in age from 1 yrs - 8 yrs, and all of the kids live in 2 bedrooms with no door handles, they just lock from the outside, and there is 1 matress per room (though SHE has her own bedroom). the kids are wild, have never heard the words "i love you", and the 3 yr old cooks by himself on the stove, the 8 yr old has run away 4 times already, and the 4 year old set the curtains on fire a few months back and blamed it on a ghost. child services have been on her ass for years, but she supposedly meets all thier requirements, its not the kids faults, but because of her selfish decisions, those kids will pay for the rest of thier lives. that makes me wonder whats right and whats not, cause everytime i see those kids, it really breaks my heart.

HyPer50
08-03-2005, 05:04 AM
I dont really understand the poll, so I'll just post my stance on each.

Abortion- against, unless it's going to kill the mother...
Death Penalty- For.
Stemcell research.... no firm stance on that, it's very helpful yet very controversial.

quickdodge®
08-03-2005, 05:04 PM
I voted other.

I am pro-choice but I am not pro abortion. I believe that that decision should be made by the woman whose life it will affect. I believe in the death penalty however I think that the process should be reformed there is no reason for some of these people who have no regards or remorse for life should enjoy living for 5-10-15 years, waste tax money for living expenses, and tie up the courts with frivolous(sp) appeals because they dont want to die. I think that stem cell research could be beneficial.

Exactly what he said. In fact he got all that from me. Lolol. Later, QD.

Jaimecbr900
08-03-2005, 09:24 PM
I voted other.

I totally agree. :goodjob:

ahmonrah
08-17-2005, 02:41 AM
abortion: choice....

death penalty: depends on the severity of the crime(i retract that last statement seeing as how the only known way to get the D-penalty is to commit treason or murder).

stem cell research: for. the positives that can be potentially gained are enormous. though the way they should be gained i believe would be through newly aborted fetuses. not intentionally kill a child for that purpose of research alone. but the problem with that is i think the cells have to be harvested immediately.

Red
08-21-2005, 01:21 AM
I totally agree. :goodjob:
I agree too. Nicely put.

FaSaleen
10-21-2005, 10:43 AM
I don't think abortion is right unless its a 13 year old girl thats been raped by her drunk uncle, or some shit like that. I feel that stem cell reseach will be very beneficial.
Peace

Julio
10-24-2005, 07:46 PM
Where is the I really dont care option?

Freedom.. what a Joke.

{X}Echo419
12-16-2005, 11:16 AM
the only reason I'm Pro-choice is, if you're dumb enough to get pregnant and you are not able or willing to care for/raise that child I don't want another person as dumb as you in this world. I'm pro-death penalty casue' some fuckers need to die. I am pro-stem cel research because I've researched it and know fully what's involved in it. short of being an actual doctor/researcher. :2cents:

green91
12-22-2005, 06:04 PM
Im pro choice, pro death penalty, and pro stem cell research for some things. What really burns my ass is the government trying to legislate morality.

The Ren
12-22-2005, 06:06 PM
I believe in the Death Penalty ( Hell Id love to pull the swtich just one time actually on one of these sick fucks in the world ) I am PRO CHOICE for abortion, I believe its not the governments choice to tell a woman she can or cant have an abortion, Its HER choice, and I am pro stem cell, I belive ALOT of good can come from that nd alot of cures.
I agree 100%.. all these men who say that abortion is wrong.. they arnt the ones who have to do it.. I hope to god I never have to come to that choice.. but If I ever do it should be my decision..

Ms Dollar
12-31-2005, 12:18 PM
I believe in the Death Penalty, but as far as Lethal Injection goes I think it is worthless. The way that I see it those people just fall asleep and never wake up. They don't feel any pain for the crimes that they commit.

I am kinda iffy on the Abortion Situation. I am pro-choice, but only in certain circumstances. I don't think that it is right for someone to go and get an abortion just because they don't want to be responsible for a mistake that they made. It's almost like an easy way out in my eyes. That's why we have open adoptions. But in the instance of rape I feel as though that would be up to the person and the circumstance. I cannot imagine any girl having to go through that (well I can but that's a different story), but then to get pregnant and have to keep the baby and look at that baby everyday and see the person who hurt her so bad.

As far as Stem cell Research goes I don't really know enough about it to comment, but from what I have heard it seems as though it could possibly be a good thing.

Dragonfly5338
01-01-2006, 08:38 PM
I believe in the Death Penalty, but as far as Lethal Injection goes I think it is worthless. The way that I see it those people just fall asleep and never wake up. They don't feel any pain for the crimes that they commit.

I am kinda iffy on the Abortion Situation. I am pro-choice, but only in certain circumstances. I don't think that it is right for someone to go and get an abortion just because they don't want to be responsible for a mistake that they made. It's almost like an easy way out in my eyes. That's why we have open adoptions. But in the instance of rape I feel as though that would be up to the person and the circumstance. I cannot imagine any girl having to go through that (well I can but that's a different story), but then to get pregnant and have to keep the baby and look at that baby everyday and see the person who hurt her so bad.

As far as Stem cell Research goes I don't really know enough about it to comment, but from what I have heard it seems as though it could possibly be a good thing.

Good points on that, Brandi.

As far as stem cell research goes - the positives FAR outweigh the negatives. So many diseases - alzheimers, MS, diabetes, etc can possibly be cured through it. And for those who think people will abort babies just to use them for stem cell research - they get the cells mainly from fertility clinics who do in-vitro fertilization. A good many embryos aren't viable - and those are what the researchers are using. I'm sure the potential for abuse of the system is there, but with regulations on where the cells are harvested, then I think it's a crime not to go ahead with stem cell research. Anyone who's ever had a parent or relative, or heaven forbid, a child with a genetic disease will heartily agree with that, since the possibility for curing that disease lies in the hands of those researchers.

MasterMadman
01-02-2006, 01:29 AM
Abortion: Only if the woman was raped and was going to have a child should choice be allowed... IMO
Death: Fry the bastards...
Stem Cell: I say as long as they have some rules governing it, its potential for being a positive outweights the "bad/negative" by a landslide...

Ms Dollar
01-02-2006, 10:40 AM
Good points on that, Brandi.

As far as stem cell research goes - the positives FAR outweigh the negatives. So many diseases - alzheimers, MS, diabetes, etc can possibly be cured through it. And for those who think people will abort babies just to use them for stem cell research - they get the cells mainly from fertility clinics who do in-vitro fertilization. A good many embryos aren't viable - and those are what the researchers are using. I'm sure the potential for abuse of the system is there, but with regulations on where the cells are harvested, then I think it's a crime not to go ahead with stem cell research. Anyone who's ever had a parent or relative, or heaven forbid, a child with a genetic disease will heartily agree with that, since the possibility for curing that disease lies in the hands of those researchers.

thanks for the explanation val, i never knew what all goes into the actual process for stem cell research. definitely good to know.

1/4Mile
01-07-2006, 07:19 PM
I believe abortion is Murder. If you don't wantthe baby don't have the Sex, But no no no thats to much to ask, so ppl want a quick fix to so theycan indulge in guiltyfree pleasures. Selfish. I think the Death penalty is touchy. Some innocent people have die and have ben found innocent later. But I still feel that if you take a life and there is indisputable evidence like video or something like that you suffer the consequences. I would rather not kill a quilty Murderer then kill a Innocent person. In theend God will administer proper Judgement. On the other thing I don't know and don't care. my:2cents:

JustinSane110™
01-08-2006, 12:43 AM
I believe in the Death Penalty, abortions in certain circumstances, I'm not too sure on cloning(stem cell). Later, QD.
:werd:

BTEC
01-16-2006, 09:55 AM
Abortion: I say if u werent raped deal with it (abortion is not an option). If u were, id rather put the baby up for adoption but abortion should be an option to eliminate the possibility of mental trauma or whatever.

Death penalty: Depends of the severity of the crime like some others said.

Stem cell: Hell No!! This movie about clones made me fell this way about this. They clone ppl for $5 million and when the clones are fully developed the took the organs from the clones to put in the real person to extend life. So they killed the clones like nothing so the real ppl could live longer. Smoke all u want and everything else, when u heart, liver or whatever fails well take the necc part out of ur clone if u got $5 million to pay for a clone.

98Impreza234
02-02-2006, 09:06 PM
ProChoice people have the right to pick and stemcell I think will help man kind the I think they should kill people who have done but things in life like Rape and Murder I dont want them around.