PDA

View Full Version : Dropped my phone in the toilet.

Mr. Clean
01-14-2009, 09:19 PM
god damnit.

wait and see how it does in the morning. otherwise i gots to get a new one tom. shit is ghey.

uproot
01-14-2009, 09:19 PM
why were you playing with your phone next to the toilet?

Ricer
01-14-2009, 09:24 PM
i hope you turned it off immediately... take it apart and let it dry completely before you even try to turn it back on.. you might luck out.. i dropped my old one in a puddle a few years ago... still works

Revmaynard
01-14-2009, 09:28 PM
Haha, yea, curious how you did that.

Humphrizzle
01-14-2009, 09:31 PM
i washed one before... it still works

Mr. Clean
01-14-2009, 09:32 PM
it was in my sweatshirt front pocket. turned around to sit and it flew out and perfect shot in the porcelain gateway.

took it out supa fast. like less than a second i'm sure. and took the battery off and shit... kinda dried it a little. tried to turn it on and nothing

took it completely apart and plugged it in the charger and it works. just weird colors on the inside screen and some buttons don't work or others work too much lol.

its sitting in front of the space heater right now lol.

uproot
01-14-2009, 09:33 PM
http://www.wikihow.com/Save-a-Wet-Cell-Phone

TheGrillMan
01-14-2009, 09:41 PM
same exact thing happend to me one time. i just took it completely apart and put it in the oven at work for like 1min

took out

reassembled

still works to this day

Mr. Clean
01-14-2009, 09:54 PM
alright... good news

it works right now. the only thing is that some buttons don't work lol. important ones. like menu and end and call and stuff like that lol. and i don't know what call quality is like yet.

i'm going to let it rest until tomorrow. it is clearly getting better with time.

PURP
01-14-2009, 11:11 PM
I took a shower while talking on the phone today... mine seems to be in tip top shape... hmmm...

d_day87
01-15-2009, 06:15 AM
lol. happened to me one time but i was uber drunk pissing and trying to text. lol

DJ Maestro
01-15-2009, 07:57 AM
lol. happened to me one time but i was uber drunk pissing and trying to text. lol

That is always a win/win combination right there. :goodjob:

AirMax95
01-15-2009, 09:06 AM
it was in my sweatshirt front pocket. turned around to sit and it flew out and perfect shot in the porcelain gateway.

took it out supa fast. like less than a second i'm sure. and took the battery off and shit... kinda dried it a little. tried to turn it on and nothing

took it completely apart and plugged it in the charger and it works. just weird colors on the inside screen and some buttons don't work or others work too much lol.

its sitting in front of the space heater right now lol.

I did the EXACT (sweatshirt FTL!) same thing to my blackberry a few years ago, lol. I dried it on the computer monitor. Worked like a charm a year later till I sold it :ninja:

Mr. Clean
01-15-2009, 10:19 AM
i think i'm just going to go get a new one today.

d_day87
01-15-2009, 11:05 AM
you got too much money jew

PURP
01-15-2009, 11:23 AM
i think i'm just going to go get a new one today.

I'll sell you mine... you can piss on it, throw it, talk in the shower, swin, etc... never have that problem again

Mrs. Purp
01-15-2009, 11:28 AM
I'll sell you mine... you can piss on it, throw it, talk in the shower, swin, etc... never have that problem again

:lmfao::lmfao:

BKgen®
01-15-2009, 11:49 AM
damn that sucks dude... mine spent the night outside in a puddle and it works fine :lmfao:

99hatch
01-15-2009, 01:32 PM
The best thing to do is just take it out. Turn it off immediatley. Take parts off and let dry for at least 24 hours before turning it on. No electrical part can fry if electricity is not running to them. So if you leave it off till the water is gone you can save it. I have saved 3. 2 in the toilet just like you described and 1 in a swimming pool, i had to jump in to get it in the cold weather. lol

PURP
01-15-2009, 03:19 PM
The best thing to do is just take it out. Turn it off immediatley. Take parts off and let dry for at least 24 hours before turning it on. No electrical part can fry if electricity is not running to them. So if you leave it off till the water is gone you can save it. I have saved 3. 2 in the toilet just like you described and 1 in a swimming pool, i had to jump in to get it in the cold weather. lol

repost