PDA

View Full Version : BIG NEWS FOR THE OSJC MEETS!!!

quickdodgeŽ
01-13-2009, 05:58 PM
I have just (this morning) accepted and confirmed our invitation to have our July meet in (not at or around, but IN) the Georgia International Horse Park's annual Fourth of July Festival. I called to find out about using their outside parking spaces for a meet. The director of the park was thrilled of what we do and called me and invited us to have our meet there. We will actually be in the park and A PART OF THE FESTIVAL! All the way through to the fireworks show that night. Best of all, the event (for us) is free. We don't have to pay anything to be in this. They are also going to handle all of the advertising for us to be there on their website, in the newspapers and other publications.

This, along with the Road Atlanta meet, is a very big step for the OSJC mmets and can really lead to some even better deals. Let's get the word out to everyone. Especially to the ones that either don't frequent IA, but any other websites. Spread it to the other sites you're on as well.

Thanks. Later, QD.

puregroove
01-13-2009, 06:03 PM
Freakin' sweet!! good job, dude! I'm excited about the year to come.

AltimaCharlie
01-13-2009, 06:17 PM
we are blowin up! great work QD! this will be perfect to bring the family along.

quickdodgeŽ
01-13-2009, 06:19 PM
this will be perfect to bring the family along.

Yup. That was something Dave and I touched up on. Later, QD.

91ma70
01-13-2009, 08:45 PM
QD its great that you where able to set this up and I'll be there.

alpine_aw11
01-13-2009, 09:41 PM
So I haven't been sure about this, but is an 89 mr2 ok to attend? It's basically the same as an 85. By July I should have it ready to go.

quickdodgeŽ
01-13-2009, 09:46 PM
So I haven't been sure about this, but is an 89 mr2 ok to attend? It's basically the same as an 85. By July I should have it ready to go.

It's fucked up because on the one hand, the year 1989 just doesn't have tat "old school" ring to it. But by the adopted guidelines, since your particular body was started in 1984, it is "godfathered" in. The reason why it's fucked up is because I love that body MR2. So yes. You're in. Later, QD.

SKarpenz
01-13-2009, 09:55 PM
Damn. I'll make sure I make it to this with the RX7. Very fun sounding stuff, good going QD.

alpine_aw11
01-14-2009, 12:58 PM
It's fucked up because on the one hand, the year 1989 just doesn't have tat "old school" ring to it. But by the adopted guidelines, since your particular body was started in 1984, it is "godfathered" in. The reason why it's fucked up is because I love that body MR2. So yes. You're in. Later, QD.

Yea that was my issue, 89 doesn't feel "old school" at all to me. I will be there.

Kaiser
01-14-2009, 05:26 PM
Damn QD, now I have TWO Saturdays to worm out of work on. I'm not gonna miss this. Will be there, and God willing with the Z in a few steps better condition than it's in now.

quickdodgeŽ
01-14-2009, 05:45 PM
Very cool of both of you guys.

It is now set in stone. I confirmed the invite this morning and the paperwork is on its way to my house for me to fill out.

I really need to get a head count of the people that know for sure they can make it because they are going to need a round-about number for spacing. Later, QD.

puregroove
01-14-2009, 06:22 PM
Since I'm scheduled on the 4th, I'm going to request it off. I'll post again with a confirmation.

Scotsman
01-14-2009, 06:34 PM
lmk on the date and i may be able to be able to drive my boss's old school mini

quickdodgeŽ
01-14-2009, 06:55 PM
lmk on the date and i may be able to be able to drive my boss's old school mini

Mini what? Lolol. This is the Japanese car meet, lolol. Later, QD.

Scotsman
01-14-2009, 07:25 PM
Mini what? Lolol. This is the Japanese car meet, lolol. Later, QD.http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=206981

quickdodgeŽ
01-14-2009, 09:17 PM
http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=206981

I was being sarcastic, asshole! Later, QD.

Kaiser
01-14-2009, 09:53 PM
Come hell or high-water for the July 4th meet I'll be there. The only way I won't be is if the Z is too unreliable for me to get there and back...and by then those problems should be sorted. Even then if I can get it ~there~ I might just go with that and figure out how to get home with her later :ninja:

tdurr
01-14-2009, 10:01 PM
Ill be there. In my car or a friends!!!! sounds fucking sweet!

mushroom_toy
01-15-2009, 03:21 AM
Hell yeah!! Very nice indeed. Im in.

Scotsman
01-15-2009, 04:59 AM
I was being sarcastic, asshole! Later, QD.:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::taun:

91ma70
01-15-2009, 08:38 PM
ill be there as long as the car is running.

Big_Dave
01-16-2009, 12:41 AM
Thanks for the hard work QD! This year is giong to be exciting for all of us. We hope to see some big numbers at these meets. We can't wait.

RollaAce
03-07-2009, 01:24 AM
Glad to know that my 86 ae85 is eligible (not ae86) yes ae85 and i will prove it per the VIN plates, it's USDM though and LHD. Dont know how it happened just know what it says. So all i'll need to do is have it repainted and get new driver seat and dash or recover both.
My 85 sr5 hatch may not be ready the way things have been going with the guy who is going to do the body and paint, he's real meticulous and doesnt have much room at his house. He works regular job then does work at his house. As of now he has 2 cars ahead of me and one of them he has been waiting on all the parts to come in so he can finish it.
My 86 will not be a show car but will be very nice by then.

The 85 will be meant for show and a lil go. If things go well i may have another car that'll be hella GO car but not so much show.

tiksman
03-07-2009, 07:55 AM
I could not make it on 3/7 Looks like this will be my first meet.
Bringing my 85 Supra. My 82 Supra wont be ready until next year maybe longer

quickdodgeŽ
03-24-2009, 09:39 PM
Turned in the application for our meet here and, as I already knew, it was accepted.

We are in!

They will be advertising this meet on their website, in the newspapers and on the digital marquee board off I-20. We will be having a People's Choice Award for this meeting as well. Since the meet will be inside the festival, all the people attending the festival will be able to walk around and look at the cars. They will vote on their favorite car. We'll announce the winner and present the trophy at the end of the event. I was able to secure an area for up to 60 cars. So let's fill 'er up. I can probably get more spots, so let's get this going. Later, QD.

puregroove
03-25-2009, 11:53 AM
omg omg omg... :D freakin' schweet!!

F8d2Blk
05-04-2009, 09:19 AM
From their website:
Event Details

Fabulous 4th Festival presented by 104.7 FM The Fish
Location Information
This event is located in the Grand Prix Plaza and is a free admission event. No parking fee.

Event Description
Join us in our Celebration!
For the 6th consecutive year, The Fabulous 4th Festival presented by 104.7 FM The Fish will be held at the GIHP on July 4 beginning at 5 pm. Highlights of this year's celebration include entertainment, children's activities, military displays, arts, crafts, vendors, car shows, and a large fireworks display at dark. Concessions offer treats such as hot dogs, funnel cakes, ice cream, and other festival food. Join us as we celebrate our nation's independence.
Festival Features!
Listen to live performances from local bands Jessie Bock and Livin' Easy and The Mike Rogers Band.

Watch the Patriotic Program on stage at 7PM featuring honoring the female warriors of the United States Military of the past, present and future.

Children can make their own patriotic artwork at the Kids Arts and Crafts Tent sponsored by Stone Mountain Ministries.

Choose your favorite corvette at the 2 Unique Corvette car show or your favorite Japanese make car at the Nostalgic Japanese Street Fighters car show.
Play on one of the many activities like the moonwalk, gyro and more.
Meet Gomer Pyle and Barny Fife with the Memories of Mayberry.
Stay and watch the large fireworks display that will begin at dark. Arrive early for great parking and enjoy all the festivities! The gates open at 5:00PM.

Best of all, it's FREE! Enjoy Free parking and admission into the event.
Event Description
The Details!
There will be no charge for admission to the event, and parking is also free.....however, some fees may apply for various children's activities. Blankets and lawn chairs are allowed into the event for prime fireworks-viewing comfort.Coolers and pets are prohibited. For more information about Conyers' Fabulous Fourth Festival, please contact the Conyers Welcome Center at 770-602-2606 or visit www.conyersfabulousfourth.com. Listen to 104.7 FM The Fish for all the lastest festival information. Come celebrate our nation's independence, Horse-Park style, at the Georgia International Horse Park, only 25 miles east of Atlanta!

For an exhibitor application, please contact Rebecca Hill at 770-860-4188. The application deadline is April 25th!

puregroove
05-04-2009, 09:21 AM
^^^ Jeff, it was great meetin' ya over the weekend! Thanks for the info. :goodjob: reps

F8d2Blk
05-04-2009, 09:58 AM
^^^ Jeff, it was great meetin' ya over the weekend! Thanks for the info. :goodjob: reps

It was good to meet you too, and others as well. I don't think I formally met the others as I am not the most outspoken sometimes. But it was cool to meet and see some old school cars. But the Datsuns are definitly lacking as far as representing!

As far as the event goes it looks like it is sponsored by Christian radio station, so I am probably thinking everyone needs to be on good behavior for the meet and seems as if alcohol may not be allowed too.

Big_Dave
05-04-2009, 01:27 PM
Great to see you out at Road Atlanta Jeff.
QD, I like the Sig! Lol.
Eddie, The end of day touring laps were freakin' awesome!

AltimaCharlie
05-04-2009, 01:43 PM
Jeff-i didn''t know you where there. what were you driving? i was there in the b210, i'm sure if i drove my truck we might have relized you eachother were. hell for all i know i talkied to you alot. sometimes at events i don't relize who i talking too, and that we chatted on the internet before.

puregroove
05-04-2009, 02:13 PM
Eddie, The end of day touring laps were freakin' awesome!

heck, yeah!

F8d2Blk
05-04-2009, 02:33 PM
Jeff-i didn''t know you where there. what were you driving? i was there in the b210, i'm sure if i drove my truck we might have relized you eachother were. hell for all i know i talkied to you alot. sometimes at events i don't relize who i talking too, and that we chatted on the internet before.

I was there on Sunday. I think you were there Saturday. :D

Machado
06-13-2009, 07:52 PM
how far away is this from powder springs? i might just drive my 7 down instead of flying from Kansas City.

tiksman
06-13-2009, 09:32 PM
Gates open at 5pm. Will we be let in early or not.

quickdodgeŽ
06-13-2009, 10:28 PM
Gates open at 5pm. Will we be let in early or not.

We can arrive as early as 9am. We ask that everyone be there by 3:30pm as the entry will be closed at 4:30. Later, QD.

puregroove
06-14-2009, 08:09 AM
how far away is this from powder springs? i might just drive my 7 down instead of flying from Kansas City.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=powder+springs,+ga&daddr=Georgia+International+Horse+Park,+Conyers,+R ockdale,+Georgia+30013&hl=en&geocode=%3BFcGnAQId2kL_-imZBGLhWLX1iDGQuPD6gm8IHQ&mra=pe&mrcr=0&sll=33.781631,-84.334225&sspn=0.875467,1.192017&ie=UTF8&ll=33.757457,-84.317322&spn=0.875712,1.192017&z=10

Zach79zx
06-14-2009, 08:41 PM
Ill be there if its cool i just got a lot of work to get the z ready

quickdodgeŽ
06-14-2009, 09:43 PM
^^^ If you're riding old school and Japanese, then of course it's cool. Later, QD.

tdurr
06-14-2009, 11:05 PM
sweet. ill be there prob around 2ish then. If i can get off work.

edit: hmmm... i now want to get the tint and int finished before this meet...

Zach79zx
06-15-2009, 06:25 AM
^^^ If you're riding old school and Japanese, then of course it's cool. Later, QD.

Then i will be there :goodjob:

quickdodgeŽ
06-15-2009, 08:30 AM
Then i will be there :goodjob:

In what so I can add it to the list. Later, QD.