PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods OBD-0 chipped ecu????

Athens_Red_Rexin
01-13-2009, 04:52 PM
I have a ZC dohc in my CRX and it is obd-0 and I am wanting to turbo it, but everyone tells me I need to convert to obd-1 and I just don't want to do this. Has anyone on here done a turbo kit on an obd-0 and had the ecu chipped, had it tuned, and had good results? And did you use turboedit or crome, or what? Thanks for any help!!! :goodjob:

JDMJAYDC2
01-13-2009, 04:55 PM
im in your shoes but not going boost dan at batlground told me he could tune my car with a program he has called turbo edit id shoot batlground a pm as i wouldnt suggest you just going up there without a appt.

Vteckidd
01-13-2009, 04:59 PM
Turbo Edit and BRE are Honda OBD0 tuning systems.

Since im the resident CRX/EF civic guy, ill tell you from personal experience they SUCK. DO NOT USE THEM. THe resolution sucks, the tables suck, they are outdated and have NO SUPPORT. No one updates them, no one write new software, its dead and its been dead for a few years.

They are buggy, and just too hard to use, its not worth doing.

Crome is owned by John Cui and its always updated with new features and gimmicks. If there is a bug it gets fixed.

There is a reason why all the OBD0 ecu tuning software stopped, OBD1 is light years better and much easier to use.

Do yourselves a favor an convert, its not expensive at all its like $150-200 (dizzy and ECU jumper harness)

Or you can tune with OBD0 and pay 3-4 times that in tuning costs, and it still wont run very well

JDMJAYDC2
01-13-2009, 05:02 PM
joo dont even own a ef but yeah id go obd1 lol same thing dan told me said he could do it but its just so much easier to go obd1

Vteckidd
01-13-2009, 05:03 PM
i dont own one now but ive owned 17 in the last 6 years ;)

Athens_Red_Rexin
01-13-2009, 05:44 PM
Well thanks for the help guys. I guess I will just have to convert first and then save up and get my turbo kit. And then save up again to go get it tuned!!! What makes me mad is I got my ZC already obd-1 and not looking into it at all I converted it to obd-0. Which all that involved was a TD-03U dizzy and an external cam sensor that runs on the other cam. So when I convert to obd-1, I will have to try and find the plug to go in the front cam hole where the cam sensor was. That will probably be fun! :cry:

JDMJAYDC2
01-13-2009, 05:49 PM
i have no idea why you would convert it back lol i wish mine came obd1 shit def sucks for sure

Athens_Red_Rexin
01-13-2009, 05:53 PM
^No kidding. I wish I would have researched a little better when I did my swap! I guess I might have to give up the turbo idea for now! Sucks

JDMJAYDC2
01-13-2009, 06:07 PM
you live and you learn but you should be able to convert back at a good price just start getting your turbo setup piece by piece and go obd1 now and you will be boosted in no time

EmminoDaGreat
01-13-2009, 06:12 PM
guess I talked to you today on the phone lol!!

Athens_Red_Rexin
01-13-2009, 06:15 PM
^Yeah!!! That was me Worrying everybody to death! :lmfao:

WalkS
01-15-2009, 01:52 PM
I had a CRX Si with a 14b turbo kit and a obo0 PM6 ecu that was chipped. The program used was turboedit. It ran good, It only had a little hesitation around 4grand.

But to be honest with you. Your best bet is to go obd1. You have much more tuning options then. You wont have to be searching high and low for that certain pm6 ecu that you can chip. And turboedit is way out dated. The conversion is cheap and easy.

scttydb411
01-17-2009, 08:11 PM
ditto for what we discussed on the phone. you'll end up spending the same amount if you chip/tune obd0 b/c you'll end up converting soon afterward and re-chipping/tuning again.

do it obd1 and you'll be much happier.

turbob20
04-21-2009, 01:57 AM
do they make a coversion harness from obd0 to obd1? if so do that and let scotty chip and tune it! sorry i dont know obd-0! just know how to do the dual point 2 multi port injector swap and stuff.