PDA

View Full Version : FS: 1965 Ford Galaxie 500 2dr Harttop 352 CI C6

Smokin_Joes_2kSi
01-11-2009, 09:22 AM
EDITED 01/18/09
CAR IS SOLD!!

For sale:
ALMOST BARN FIND: Parked for 5 years: the project is too much for my expertise. It's in great shape and perfect base for restoration.

INFO:
1965 Ford Galaxie 500 2dr Hardtop

Goods:
352 CI engine, 4bbl carb, bored .40 over. [b]MOTOR RUNS[/b}
I think it has the C6 (4spd Auto) transmission.
all the glass and glass trim
all the aluminum body trim and almost perfect grille/head light area
15" wheels
2 of the 4 classic hubcaps
Split bench front seats
original uncut dash
minimal body rust
appears no prior accident history
Full frame car (not unibody like the Fairlanes)
Floor pans are good.

Bads:
Needs rear trunk pan and more than likely a fuel tank/fuel lines.
Door and trunk seals.
Needs brake work: parking brake works. Pedal is to the floor board. (approximately $100 in parts to have the wheel cylinders overhauled)
Interior: needs love. evidence of mold and headliner is drooping
dash pad has some cracks and has pulled from the gauges.
car has been painted a couple of times in it's life. paint is crackled & flaking in areas.

This car is a trailer only car. We used a wench to pull it onto the trailer originally. It does roll. It is in TOO GOOD a shape to send to the crusher. I know someone out there could use the front clip/body/frame/glass. I don't have the time to PART the car and sell it in pieces. Wanting to sell the whole car.

MAKE OFFER. Will not deliver. email me at ezpawn2k(at)yahoo(dot)com

Will accept trades for the following:
Running Harley Davidson 1200CC motorcycle or higher (Panhead or Shovelhead)
Parts for 1969 Ford Fairlane 4dr
Classic car wheels that fit 1969 Ford Fairlane (5-Lug)
Universal Air suspension kit (uninstalled, with all parts)
Custom Dual Exhaust work or Paint work for 1969 Ford Fairlane.

updated to reflect changes. Vehicle motor runs.

xdavidscenex
01-11-2009, 12:52 PM
thats an awesome find. im actually glad you're wanting to give it to someone that could restore it instead of just crushing it. g/l with sale man!

03RCode
01-11-2009, 01:18 PM
Wow... shoot me your bottom dollar on this, if I'm not interested my uncle may be.

Smokin_Joes_2kSi
01-11-2009, 05:41 PM
pms sent...
bump...

Smokin_Joes_2kSi
01-11-2009, 08:36 PM
craiglist bump...

Smokin_Joes_2kSi
01-13-2009, 06:09 AM
bump in the night

tnomud
01-13-2009, 07:26 PM
$500?

silversol
01-13-2009, 07:29 PM
joe when the hell did you get this! pm me a price!

Smokin_Joes_2kSi
01-14-2009, 07:48 AM
BUMP b/c the car runs now..runs like a sewing machine..

that $500 offer..stick it

Joe

tnomud
01-14-2009, 09:36 AM
BUMP b/c the car runs now..runs like a sewing machine..

that $500 offer..stick it

Joe

A simple "no thanks" would have worked, but since you got sassy, I will explain my logic in your thread now.

At best, if that were a 10 points show winning car, it's a $10K car. A clean driver with no issues brings $3K when the economy is doing well (which it is not in case you have not noticed). Now, seeing a non running car, with the non original motor, a rusted tank, and a giant sideswipe down the passenger side, $500 is not unreasonable. Try a few of the local Rodder Swap meets and you will see what I am saying. Was at one in Charlotte a month or two ago and saw a clean, solid, fresh motor car on 17" Torque Thrusts for $2500. I have a photo of it if you would like to see it.....

GLWS

Smokin_Joes_2kSi
01-14-2009, 12:12 PM
A simple "no thanks" would have worked, but since you got sassy, I will explain my logic in your thread now.

At best, if that were a 10 points show winning car, it's a $10K car. A clean driver with no issues brings $3K when the economy is doing well (which it is not in case you have not noticed). Now, seeing a non running car, with the non original motor, a rusted tank, and a giant sideswipe down the passenger side, $500 is not unreasonable. Try a few of the local Rodder Swap meets and you will see what I am saying. Was at one in Charlotte a month or two ago and saw a clean, solid, fresh motor car on 17" Torque Thrusts for $2500. I have a photo of it if you would like to see it.....

GLWS

i appreciate the attitude...as I would have responded exactly has you have...now with that being said....it's tough for you to make that general statement w/o seeing the car in person..also, instead of being a liar, I have portrayed this car as accurately as I can...

also, this is a "Fresh, Matching VIN Motor " in the car but as you mentioned, that would affect the value. The motor isn't "broke in" and actually as of yesterday had an entire gallon of fuel run through it...I think the prior owner simply "gave up" on trying to get the motor to run....

and a side swipe? i'm having trouble seeing a Side swipe in pics or in my driveway....I think you may be confusing the body lines with a "side swipe". there is some evidence down low on the rocker that shows "some damage" but it's not enough to crease or damage a panel, it simply damaged the AL trim.

anyhow, if anyone has any questions, feel free to IM or contact me
Joe

Smokin_Joes_2kSi
01-15-2009, 07:37 AM
Running car bump
Joe

Smokin_Joes_2kSi
01-17-2009, 11:12 AM
draggin the car out tomorrow for a couple of people
let me know if you want to come by dallas & Look at it
Joe

Smokin_Joes_2kSi