PDA

View Full Version : Tentative schedule for NJSF meets...

quickdodgeŽ
01-10-2009, 09:36 AM
Here is the proposed schedule for the meets for this year:

March 7 - Mary Alice Park - Cumming, GA - about 40-50 cars...
May 2 - Road Atlanta - Braselton, GA - 25 cars...
July 4 - Georgia International Horse Park - Conyers, GA - 23 cars
September 5 - Tunerfest Shootout - Dallas, GA - 6 cars
November 14 - Mountain Run through North Georgia - 7 cars

We're still trying to work on different meet locations, but the first two are decided. We want to get this more firm (especially dates/times) so that people will have plenty of advance notice for work.

We could use some help on locations. If any of you are familiar with parks around town, post them up. Be mindful of parking capacity. I am in talks with Georgia International Horse Park in Conyers to use their area, but not sure if it will pan out. Be also aware of any fees involved. Post up and thanks. Later, QD.

Kaiser
01-10-2009, 06:03 PM
Here is the proposed schedule for the meets for this year:

March 7 - Mary Alice Park - Cumming, GA
May 2 - Road Atlanta - Braselton, GA ($25)
July 4 or 11 (depends on people's 4th of July plans)
September 5
November 7

We're still trying to work on different meet locations, but the first two are decided. We want to get this more firm (especially dates/times) so that people will have plenty of advance notice for work.

We could use some help on locations. If any of you are familiar with parks around town, post them up. Be mindful of parking capacity. I am in talks with Georgia International Horse Park in Conyers to use their area, but not sure if it will pan out. Be also aware of any fees involved. Post up and thanks. Later, QD.

What time are the meets going to be, QD?

quickdodgeŽ
01-10-2009, 08:27 PM
We've been trying to keep them around early to mid-afternoon and lasting a few hours. Later, QD.

secondgencamaro
01-11-2009, 08:12 PM
I'm down for the Forsyth meet. May have the Camaro running by then depending on monies.

quickdodgeŽ
01-11-2009, 08:15 PM
I'm down for the Forsyth meet. May have the Camaro running by then depending on monies.

Uuuuuuuhhh, lolol. This schedule is for the Japanese Old School car meets we have every other month, lolol. Later, QD.

Hachi_DRFT
01-14-2009, 02:20 PM
Im down to coming

quickdodgeŽ
01-14-2009, 05:43 PM
^^^ Very good. Later, QD.

secondgencamaro
01-15-2009, 12:27 AM
Uuuuuuuhhh, lolol. This schedule is for the Japanese Old School car meets we have every other month, lolol. Later, QD.

Just 'cause I drive a Chevy doesn't mean I don't like looking at imports. Seeing rows and rows of first gen Camaros and Chevelles at car shows gets to be boring.

quickdodgeŽ
01-15-2009, 05:53 AM
Just 'cause I drive a Chevy doesn't mean I don't like looking at imports. Seeing rows and rows of first gen Camaros and Chevelles at car shows gets to be boring.

I wasn't trying to stop you from coming by. Your post made it sound like you were wanting to bring your Camaro to the actual meet. We do try to keep a row open for people with non-old schools to park as well. Definitely come on by. We encourage that. Later, QD.

LeX
01-15-2009, 07:58 AM
I intend to be present, in an actual 510 goddamnit

Sammich
01-15-2009, 08:10 AM
just incase ill be able to make it, seeing that if i have my truck or not back by then, will the 88 be old enough for this old school meet?

quickdodgeŽ
01-15-2009, 07:42 PM
just incase ill be able to make it, seeing that if i have my truck or not back by then, will the 88 be old enough for this old school meet?

Actually, it just barely qualifies. 1988 was the last year for your bodystyle and the first year was 1984, which falls in under the 1985 cut off. So you're good. Later, QD.

WalkS
01-15-2009, 07:50 PM
Excuse my ignorance, but what does NJSF stand for? I want to go to one of those meets, if the Shelby Charger doesn't break..lol

quickdodgeŽ
01-15-2009, 07:55 PM
Excuse my ignorance, but what does NJSF stand for? I want to go to one of those meets, if the Shelby Charger doesn't break..lol

NJSF = Nostalgic Japanese Street Fighters

These are our meets for old school Japanese cars. Later, QD.

WalkS
01-15-2009, 08:12 PM

Oh okay I got ya, for some reason I thought it was just a meet for old school cars. I got a 79 Corolla I could drive, but it needs some work to be drivable. Maybe I can make it to a old school dyno day or something.

quickdodgeŽ
01-15-2009, 09:41 PM
Oh okay I got ya, for some reason I thought it was just a meet for old school cars. I got a 79 Corolla I could drive, but it needs some work to be drivable. Maybe I can make it to a old school dyno day or something.

Definitely get that Toyota going, man. And you could certainly join us. Later, QD.

tdurr
01-15-2009, 09:46 PM

btw, there is a guy with a celcia(dono year) fresh orange paint, rebuilt motor on those forms and i saw him at a autozone and told him to check out IA. I really hop he does.
that is all.

secondgencamaro
01-16-2009, 12:52 AM
I wasn't trying to stop you from coming by. Your post made it sound like you were wanting to bring your Camaro to the actual meet. We do try to keep a row open for people with non-old schools to park as well. Definitely come on by. We encourage that. Later, QD.

Sounds good. Whatever I bring will qualify as old school, just not Japanese, lolol.

quickdodgeŽ
01-17-2009, 05:09 PM
If everyone could please post these dates/info on other forums you visit in their own classics/old school sections and/or event section that would be great. Thanks. Later, QD.

DVSRX-7
01-17-2009, 08:17 PM
ill make it to all the meets i dont care what my job says!! im there

Stormhammer
02-18-2009, 12:56 PM
I hate how Import Showdown conflicts with the Road Atlanta meet :(

EP3sAreFun
02-18-2009, 01:25 PM

and the July 4th meet....

tdurr
02-18-2009, 05:57 PM
FUCK import showdown. u guys are too slow to do anything anywyas! lol jk.

quickdodgeŽ
02-18-2009, 07:19 PM

I'm ok with it.

and the July 4th meet....

Oh well. Y'all will be ok. If you guys want to do that, then do that. We'd rather have you join us, but we can't force you to.

Later, QD.

EP3sAreFun
02-19-2009, 10:30 AM
Oh well. Y'all will be ok. If you guys want to do that, then do that. We'd rather have you join us, but we can't force you to.

Later, QD.
mine really depends on money situation.

So its all gonna be by ear.

majik16106
03-01-2009, 11:10 PM
Any chance you guys could come to metro atlanta for one of these. Most of them are very Northerly. We could do a combined track day with the guys at Hybridz.org. Just an idea. They would LOVE that, 1/4 miles for fun, lots of space to show up and park and talk. And I go to all thier events and non nissan old school stuff shows up all the time anyways. We could coordinate with maybe a florida old school group and make a huge event out of it. Just an idea.

quickdodgeŽ
03-02-2009, 05:55 AM
[left]Any chance you guys could come to metro atlanta for one of these. Most of them are very Northerly.

We have 5 "official" meets in the year. The first three are already set. In stone. Our next undetermined meet won't be until September. Our 2nd and 3rd meets are where they are because they are coordinated with other events. The 3rd meet isn't up North at all, but East.

As far as track days, probably 90% of the cars that go to the meets aren't anywhere close to being able to run a track. You made the comment about us racing laps around Road Atlanta. Those aren't race laps. They are parade laps. If you think we can't even do that, then why would you think we can drag down a 1/4 mile?

Later, QD.

quickdodgeŽ
07-05-2009, 12:42 PM
Well there's 3 meets down and two to go. Unless we can come up with another cool venue for the September meet, I guess it will be at Mary Alice again? Anyone with suggestions?

There is always Stone Mountain Park ($8) as an option. Other than that, I have nothing. Later, QD.

Big_Dave
07-05-2009, 10:17 PM
As far as the next meet is concerned....I think Mary-alice Park and all of the boat ramps will be no good for car meets. The lake is now almost at full pool, and the boat ramps are open and busy.
I think Stone Mountain would be cool. I think Ft Yargo could be cool if we rent the pavillion, or Lanier Park near the dam is cool, if we rent their pavillion. (It comes with it's own private parking lot and some nice scenery.)

EP3sAreFun
07-06-2009, 10:02 AM
Ft yargo would be cool again....

Zach79zx
07-06-2009, 01:10 PM
im sorry and maybe this is out of the question but why dont we just do it at garage zero?? im just curious like a BBQ and meet and greet. hell i dont know. :thinking: :thinking:

Me86Rob
07-06-2009, 01:30 PM
im sorry and maybe this is out of the question but why dont we just do it at garage zero?? im just curious like a BBQ and meet and greet. hell i dont know. :thinking: :thinking:

we have a hard enough time fitting the cars we are working on at the shop in the lot, so a show there is out of the question

my vote is for Stone mountain park. i think it would be cool to have the meet and then be able to go and watch the laser show haha

Zach79zx
07-06-2009, 01:53 PM
we have a hard enough time fitting the cars we are working on at the shop in the lot, so a show there is out of the question

my vote is for Stone mountain park. i think it would be cool to have the meet and then be able to go and watch the laser show haha

Gotcha i have never been there so i didnt have a clue :goodjob:

driftyboy
07-06-2009, 02:09 PM
So next meet will definitely be in Sept? Alright, I got 2 months to get the Cressy driving and ready!

F8d2Blk
07-14-2009, 09:00 AM
I like stone mountain or maybe a meet up in dahlonega, then go tubing?

gumby240
07-14-2009, 09:05 PM
Yeah what about a small mountain cruise then meet somewhere, maybe for lunch lets say?

quickdodgeŽ
07-14-2009, 09:30 PM
Any sort of mountain cruises would probably be done separate from the meets. We're looking into renting a pavilion at a couple of different metro area parks. Later, QD.

F8d2Blk
07-27-2009, 08:02 AM
another idea,

http://www.driveinvasion.com/

Or maybe we can just do a drive-in movie. Come a little early and park together and make it a little family oriented. They have a flea market thing up til 3pm.

garagdoorman
07-27-2009, 09:02 AM
One vote for either St Mtn. or Dahlonega
Subscribed

AltimaCharlie
07-27-2009, 11:49 AM
another idea,

http://www.driveinvasion.com/

Or maybe we can just do a drive-in movie. Come a little early and park together and make it a little family oriented. They have a flea market thing up til 3pm.

i like this idea. even if just a few of us got together it would be cool. they always have rat-rods and hurst so they might dig our cars. more so than any other car show. i want to see Spinal Tap at the drive-in!

quickdodgeŽ
08-07-2009, 11:49 AM
I think we have decided to have the next meet with/at Tunerfest this year on September 19. Later, QD.

puregroove
08-07-2009, 11:16 PM
^^word

WFOdime
08-07-2009, 11:44 PM
uhggg I'll be in bristol

EP3sAreFun
08-08-2009, 06:39 AM
man.... i was planning to attend already... now i GOTTA get the Starion running so i can show you guys what torque is :)

91blackteg
10-12-2009, 01:19 PM
Where is the next meet going to be?

quickdodgeŽ
11-14-2009, 07:07 PM
See you guys next year. Later, QD.