PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods SRP 10 5:1 pistons can this be turbod

JDMFLIP
01-09-2009, 07:13 PM
Hey im lookin 2 get from 450 to 500 hp i just wanted to know if i could turbo my gsr as it now

valve springs & aluminum retainers = CROWER
valves = itr
SRP 10 5:1 pistons standard size
JE racing ring
eagle H beam Rods
JDM GSR camshafts
acl main/rod bearings
valve gromets
stock 3 layer head gasket

jmmx258
01-09-2009, 07:26 PM
Possibly but highly un-recommended. You would need one hell of a tune

Sleeved
posted or a block quard.

Or you might as well go buy a billet block.

Your best off dropping compression.

BABY J
01-09-2009, 07:27 PM
1st off - don't shoot for a number. Since it is unsleeved, you don't want it tuned on the ragged edge just to shoot for a dyno number. Shoot for a reliable and safe tune. I'd rather see it at 10.0, but you're not too far off the mark. Get the thickest Cometic that you can (i'd suggest you toss that OEM gasket - but many will argue that) and go for it. I'm a 15psi unsleeved supporter --- 17 tops. But that's all on you. I do not think you are gonna see 500 on pump. But if your head is up to the challenge you should get around 400 safely.

ATLGt
01-11-2009, 09:22 AM
^^^ Get a thicker gasket or have your cumbustion chamber on your head worked on. Less compression = more boost = more air = more fuel. If you want to get up in boost saftly, get meth/water injection also.

Vuongy_Dong
01-11-2009, 11:32 AM
I would run 10.1 compression, however, i did build a LS-Vtec with srp 10.5.1 pistons turboed, and it is still running to this day. Built it back in the end of 06.

RX4BRDM
01-11-2009, 09:13 PM
Lowering compression simply gives the tuner a larger window to tune without detonation.
With higher compression you can attain a higher hp number with lower boost, but you run the risk of detonation/preignition.
If you lower the compression you will need a few more psi to get to the same spot but can also turn the boost up alot higher.

I have a couple of boosted cars my favorite is on 12.5:1 compression but only drinks race gas so detonation isn't an issue.

jmmx258
01-12-2009, 08:27 AM
Lowering compression simply gives the tuner a larger window to tune without detonation.
With higher compression you can attain a higher hp number with lower boost, but you run the risk of detonation/preignition.
If you lower the compression you will need a few more psi to get to the same spot but can also turn the boost up alot higher.

I have a couple of boosted cars my favorite is on 12.5:1 compression but only drinks race gas so detonation isn't an issue.
What motor is that?? Most B series cylinder walls will not take it for very long.

VickNotic
01-12-2009, 03:18 PM
NOS FTW I know this motor, and was built for NOS! so try it out since i couldn't finish the project! 8D