PDA

View Full Version : Misc AiA Students: We need a book exchange.

Tracy
01-09-2009, 08:27 AM
Yea. I am pretty sick of paying so much for books. Then when they buy them back they give you almost nothing for them or they don't buy them back at all. I was thinking of making a werbsite for it. What do you think?

white24d
01-09-2009, 12:49 PM
yeah that sounds great!
If the mods could make a section in the Flea Market area for Books that would work.

Tracy
01-09-2009, 02:52 PM
I will see what they say. Maybe if we have enough "members" they will make us a forum.

james
01-17-2009, 10:07 AM
Yea. I am pretty sick of paying so much for books. Then when they buy them back they give you almost nothing for them or they don't buy them back at all. I was thinking of making a werbsite for it. What do you think?

they honestly used to give me way more for books, where it would make sense for a :ninja: to steal books and sell them to the school. but lately ill go in there and either they wont buy it back because its a workbook style thing, or because theres a new edition of the book...this pisses me off even more, why the fuck did they have to sell me a book 3 months ago if theres going to be a brand new edition. stupido.

yeah im in. figure out some way to have a book "rental" and then work off that. like if it comes in damaged, then you gotta pay more, and if it doesn't come back at all, then you gotta pay for the book full price.

or yeah maybe a book trading thing. you are done with art history but need something else, then you could trade. well obviously theres some kinks to work out there, but you are on to something....and im sure it wouldn't be just IA people in on this. if you started your own site, you could totally fuck over the bookstore (someone needs to. they need to wake the FUCK up). that way people wouldn't need to come to IA to register and all that--if i wasn't into cars, i wouldn't come here just for books.

kfzemx3
01-17-2009, 10:12 AM
Amazon :) its where i sold all my books.

When i went into art history I they had 1 book, when i got to art history II they changed the book, i was so pissed, i had just spend like 125 for the book the previous quarter and i had to do it again for the new book. All so i could not use it and look at slides, but it was "required"

yungdz
01-17-2009, 10:15 AM
I still ahve all my books.

Anybody need an Art History book?

james
01-17-2009, 10:28 AM
I still ahve all my books.

Anybody need an Art History book?

its red now. not blue.

also, ^^ the guy above, who did you have that slides were "required"? they are all available online lol.

Vteckidd
01-17-2009, 10:32 AM
uh iirc they already have websites for this, google it.

I know peter uses it all the time. Sell your books on Amazon too, you get way more money than trading them in

james
01-17-2009, 10:56 AM
uh iirc they already have websites for this, google it.

I know peter uses it all the time. Sell your books on Amazon too, you get way more money than trading them in

sure but i doubt they are local. if we could just fuck over the bookstore, they would change their ways. vteckkidd do you go there?

james
01-17-2009, 10:58 AM
well im headed to school now. if anyone is there today stop by the studio! ill be there til 5.

Vteckidd
01-17-2009, 11:10 AM
nah i go to KSU

but yeah, books are expensive. IIRC there is some website that lets you search locally, PM Initial_EG

AirMax95
01-17-2009, 12:31 PM
Amazon and Ebay.....worked for me for 4 years like a charm. I went to Ga Southern, but books are everywhere.

The only hard ones are the damn professor specials, lol.

Tracy
01-17-2009, 11:41 PM
The only problem I have with Amazon and Ebay is shipping time. Sometimes you don't need the book and you don't know until your first day or vice-versa. I mean there are already lots of ways to do it...Craigslist, Ebay, Amazon, etc. I was thinking more of like a trading deal of some kind. I don't even know how it would work. I'll Google the local one.

Dan said there was one for Ga Tech when he went. More of what I am talking about – an exchange.

Vteckidd
01-17-2009, 11:44 PM
The only problem I have with Amazon and Ebay is shipping time. Sometimes you don't need the book and you don't know until your first day or vice-versa. I mean there are already lots of ways to do it...Craigslist, Ebay, Amazon, etc. I was thinking more of like a trading deal of some kind. I don't even know how it would work. I'll Google the local one.

Dan said there was one for Ga Tech when he went. More of what I am talking about – an exchange.
you remeber PETER, PM him his name on here is Initial_eg

he knows what the local sites are

uproot
01-17-2009, 11:52 PM
this sounds like it could be a good idea, i've only sold back books once, so i have a bunch of books, though i was thinking of dumping them soon for some extra cash

Frög
01-18-2009, 12:46 AM
swapcatcher.com I know the owner.. Ill talk to him to add AIA..

Frög
01-18-2009, 12:47 AM
Actually, its done..

Tracy
01-18-2009, 12:49 AM
Oh cool. Now we just have to get everyone to use it :)

Frög
01-18-2009, 12:50 AM
Oh cool. Now we just have to get everyone to use it :)

:yes: Just start posting.. Its a fully functional site, it is recently created and hasn't sparked yet.. :goodjob:

Tracy
01-18-2009, 12:52 AM
Just start posting.. Its a fully functional site, it is recently created and hasn't sparked yet..Well, I don't have anything to post right this second. Classes all just started and I have my books and sold my others. But I will bookmark it for later.

Frög
01-18-2009, 12:53 AM
Sounds good.. Let me know if any of you guys are having issues with the site, I will get them taken care of..

Tracy
01-18-2009, 12:54 AM
I just made a twitter post about it which also goes on my facebook. He should start a facebook group or something. Maybe that's what I will do if this doesn't work.