PDA

View Full Version : General Chat Nissan GTR vs. Corvette Zr-1

On_Her_Face
01-08-2009, 10:14 AM
This thread is going to be dedicated to comparing and contrasting the 2009 Corvette Zr1 and the 2009 Nissan Skyline GTR from my prospective. The reason I have made this thread is because I have driven/rode in the new GTR and the ZR1. Feel free to add comments to this thread, but please no Chevy or Nissan fanboy attacks, be civil.

2009 Zr1

Specs:
Price average = $110,000 (no price mark up)
Power = 638 hp/604 tq
Weight = ~3330 lbs.
Gas mileage = 14 city/20 hwy

I was able to go out on a test drive in a 2009 Zr1 with my dad's friend before I left for tennessee. The car was very nice as expected, however the interior "upgrades" were not very noticeable minus the seats which just had Zr1 on them. I just felt like I was in a regular C6 though from looks of the interior. While driving the car normally it seems to be a great daily driver (even though would never be possible due to putting mileage on the car). The Zr1 shifts like a normal corvette, is quiet when not on the gas, and the power is "hidden" as well. The power will stay hidden till you press the gas 1/4th of the way down. Then you need to take a deep breath and hold on to the steering wheel as the RPMs just seem to fly through gears as if it was in neutral. I was amazed at how the power was so linear and pushed you back through every gear. I didn't even stand on it in first gear, because it seemed pointless (2nd gear was struggleing to find traction). This is also the only Corvette I have driven that actually sounds mean enough from the factory and is not really in need of an aftermarket exhaust. Afterwards I started to not like the power being so linear because it feels less powerful than it really is (IDK if that really makes any sense). The steering is tight and you need to flex your muscles a tiny bit when turning under higher speeds from the active steering and it just seemed to be on rails but at the same time easy to loose control because of the power. The steering can also be very light when driving the car normal which would also make it a great DD.

Overall amazing power, great handling, could easily get into trouble, and possible be a great daily driver (if you could ever sell a Zr1 with "high" mileage on it). I would not consider it a supercar though due to the lack of class but I would consider it a "supercar killer" just like the Z06.

2009 GTR

Specs:
Price average = $77,000 (no price mark up)
Power = 480hp/430tq
Weight = ~3800 lbs.
Gas mileage = 16 city/21 hwy

My friend has had a GTR since they first came out and he finally has enough miles on it to dog the car. Also I finally got the chance to drive the car about a week and a half ago. First thing I noticed were the door handles, which were old school style and like the Astan Martin DBS. Then I looked at the outside (since I have not seen a GTR in person yet and damn is it a big car). The only thing that I noticed on the outside that I did not like was the exhaust tips. They are made for of like a Tibouron, The tip is seems like it was 2" bigger than the actual exhaust end. Then I got into the driver seats which hugged you a little more than the Zr1 and the steering wheel was shaped like an Audi's which I do not like but that is just my opinion. Other than the gauge cluster, steering wheel, and seats I felt like I was in a Nissan Maxima or some type of Nissan Sedan. The interior on this vehicle could also be improved. As I started to test drive it I noticed there was a small amount of fly wheel chatter when taking off but started to smooth out as the RPMs increased. First thing I did in this car was floor it from a "dig" to see what balls it had. Very little turbo lag but also pushed you back into your seat and is hard to compare to the Zr1 since it seems like a different type of power but anybody who drives this car knows it is 480 hp at the crank. Due to the fact that you can not take off traction control (because of voiding the warrenty) you can feel that car's electronics fighting to gain traction as you stand on the gas. I do like how you can hear the turbos spool as you accelerate but it is not too loud. This car also in the turns feels like it is on rails but you can still tell you are driving a big car. The steering also seemed very tight at all times, even at low RPMs. The transmission is the biggest flaw of this car in my personal opinion due to the sounds that it makes and how hard it shifts (I know it has been engineered very well but I just don't trust it from all the sounds it makes).

But besides that last statement I think overall this car would be great for a fast DD car, better than the Zr1 since it is "auto" and you don't have to worry about rolling back on hills due to the hill assist.

Now to compare the performance side by side the Zr1 is definitely faster in any type of straight line race (maybe not 0-60 depending on Zr1 driver). The GTR would most likely beat the Zr1 on a small track with lots of turns and minimal straights due to superior handling. If it were a bigger track with long straights I would put my money on the Zr1 (not just because of faster straight line speed but because the handling is not far off from the GTR). As stated before both very performance cars.

If I were to choose one of the cars even without the even price, I would have to pick the Corvette Zr1. My choice has nothing to do with me owning a Corvette either and my reasons will back it up.

-The Zr1 has more appeal to me due to the straight line RWD platform that it is based off of.

-I do not like how the GTR eliminates the "driver mod" part of the car.

-Zr-1 can be modded more easily and has a chance to keep warrenty

-You can not even take off the traction control in a GTR, so what is the point of having a high HP car that you can not go all out with?

-Nothing beats a standard gearbox

-The Zr1 has more potential fun on a track

Note: The GTR was slightly modded, removed cats. Also I have not edited this post yet..

Vteckidd
01-08-2009, 10:20 AM
ZR1> GTR

For the price (if the ZR1 is really holding at $110000) you cant beat it. its faster, has more power, handles prob just as well if not better, its more of a drivers car IMO.

The GTR is for people like my dad, that want a $90,000 sports car but dont want a RACE CAR. They want quiet, power, styling, affordability.

I really thing the GTR caters less to the "race car crowd". The zr1 is just a brutal machine, it does not have the finesse that the GTR has if that makes sense.

But i have driven neither

Tracy
01-08-2009, 10:20 AM
I prefer the ZR1. I like the styling, the HP, the HP potential with few mods, the suspension and the price. Not to mention you can get all of the parts in America. I also like that it has a real manual tranny. To me the Vette is a drivers car, not a just a "ballers" car. I did prefer the C5 interior a little better, just because the compartment seemed to be geared more toward the driver and less worried about luxury. Don't get me wrong, I like luxury, just a personal preference there.

I don't know much about the GTR besides the price and the tranny issue, so I can't really say too much. I'm also not so into the look. I kind of feel like I do about the Supra – it will never be the same as it once was. It has a lot to live up to.

AirMax95
01-08-2009, 10:23 AM
I went to Hendricks Chevy last night to test drive a S2K and saw the ZR-1. The last one they have, and is the blue one tested for Road and Track. It has 10,000 miles on it.

Its looks to be bad ass. Id rather have it than the GTR, solely based off the GTR issues and lack of a dam manual gearbox! The ZR-1 is a beast.

They have theirs priced @ $150k.

Tracy
01-08-2009, 10:24 AM
ZR1> GTR

For the price (if the ZR1 is really holding at $110000) you cant beat it. its faster, has more power, handles prob just as well if not better, its more of a drivers car IMO.

The GTR is for people like my dad, that want a $90,000 sports car but dont want a RACE CAR. They want quiet, power, styling, affordability.

I really thing the GTR caters less to the "race car crowd". The zr1 is just a brutal machine, it does not have the finesse that the GTR has if that makes sense.

But i have driven neither

JINX

1000cckiller
01-08-2009, 10:24 AM
ZR1> GTR

But i have driven neitherQFT, Mike the 09 GTR are 75k now though.The zr-1 would be my choice hands down, I want to be able to drive my car.

1000cckiller
01-08-2009, 10:25 AM
I prefer the ZR1. I like the styling, the HP, the HP potential with few mods, the suspension and the price. Not to mention you can get all of the part in America. I also like that it has a real manual tranny. To me the Vette is a drivers car, not a just a "ballers" car. I did prefer the C5 interior a little better, just because the compartment seemed to be more geared toward the driver and less worried about luxury. Don't get me wrong, I like luxury, just a personal preference there.

I don't know much about the GTR besides the price and the tranny issue, so I can't really say to much. I'm also not so into the look. I kind of feel like I do about the Supra, it will never be the same as it once was. It has a lot to live up to.spoken like a true jap.

Vteckidd
01-08-2009, 10:33 AM
JINX
that was eerie :crazy:

Tracy
01-08-2009, 10:35 AM
spoken like a true jap.LOL. I noticed that too!

tony
01-08-2009, 10:43 AM
Unfortunately I say theres no comparison, ZR1.

1000cckiller
01-08-2009, 10:48 AM
Unfortunately I say theres no comparison, ZR1.I agree with that except, that it is American made so the value drop is gonna suck. The car though is very solid, and should be consider a nightmare for any other car that pulls up next to it.

On_Her_Face
01-08-2009, 11:05 AM
Unfortunately I say theres no comparison, ZR1.

I used to think that until I drove the GTR. It was impressive but did not do the job to change my feelings towards the Zr1

crippies42
01-08-2009, 11:09 AM
I would also prefer the ZR-1. The amount of R&D that has been invested by GM not only in the engine but strengthening of the chassis. It is truly a marvel. And screw a manu-matic.

OneSlow5pt0
01-08-2009, 12:12 PM
i really dont think they should be compared,since the Z06 seems to be anough to go head to head with the GTR.

09ssturbo
01-08-2009, 12:35 PM
yeah...shouldnt the GTR be compared with the Zo6...more equal in many ways...hp, price...and it would be a better race btw them as well :-)

On_Her_Face
01-08-2009, 12:41 PM
yeah...shouldnt the GTR be compared with the Zo6...more equal in many ways...hp, price...and it would be a better race btw them as well :-)

Only reason I wrote up this short comparison is because they are both the top models of Nissan and GM.

mogaffar
01-08-2009, 01:20 PM
nope now theres the GTR SpecV so GT-R SpecV Vs ZR1

1000cckiller
01-08-2009, 01:36 PM
nope now theres the GTR SpecV so GT-R SpecV Vs ZR1not so much because there was no hp increase, the only thing the v-spec did was save weight.

Kaiser
01-08-2009, 02:03 PM
Those of you who feel the GT-R is in a different category than the ZR-1, you are correct. It is designed to be exactly what Mike says it is, and for the audience that he suggests. Anyone who thinks or feels otherwise needs to sit down and have a serious look at some history of both cars (Corvette and Skyline as well as the ZR1 and GT-R series in particular). The ZR1 isn't going to be Chevy's GT-racing entry. It's not meant as a Homologation run like the GT-R's originally were. The new GT-R hasn't fallen very far from the tree, either, just gotten bigger.

And really, there's a more interesting comparison if you take the GT-R, the Porsche 911 Turbo (What the GT-R is aimed at) and the ZR1 and compare them. Maybe then you'll see what I find really funny about all this nutswinging for the ZR1/GT-R.

OnURleft
01-08-2009, 03:17 PM
What's an Asten Martin DBS?

jdm_crx_man
01-08-2009, 04:20 PM
zr1>gtr but if i had the money to afford pyments and insurance i would just buy both

On_Her_Face
01-08-2009, 05:31 PM
What's an Asten Martin DBS?

As stated in the orginal post, I did not edit..

Elbow
01-08-2009, 08:33 PM
Those of you who feel the GT-R is in a different category than the ZR-1, you are correct. It is designed to be exactly what Mike says it is, and for the audience that he suggests. Anyone who thinks or feels otherwise needs to sit down and have a serious look at some history of both cars (Corvette and Skyline as well as the ZR1 and GT-R series in particular). The ZR1 isn't going to be Chevy's GT-racing entry. It's not meant as a Homologation run like the GT-R's originally were. The new GT-R hasn't fallen very far from the tree, either, just gotten bigger.

And really, there's a more interesting comparison if you take the GT-R, the Porsche 911 Turbo (What the GT-R is aimed at) and the ZR1 and compare them. Maybe then you'll see what I find really funny about all this nutswinging for the ZR1/GT-R.

And what do you find so funny?

Demsum
01-09-2009, 12:56 AM
I would take the GTR for a number of reasons. I drive a 07 GTI with a dual clutch tranny, and I love the way it works. People always talk down about anything thats not a manual, but if you get beat by a car with one you would be pissed. No manual car can beat it's dual clutch equavalant in any type of race. Right now there aren't many options to modify whats an already great car in the GTR, but there will be. Average joe's weren't driving 1000 horsepower supras the first year of it's release either. Price also has some influence on my pic. The ZR1's price tag puts it in range of some exotics that may not be as fast, but would really make you think before droping that kind of coin at a chevy dealership.

Deke
01-09-2009, 12:59 AM
I would take the GTR for a number of reasons. I drive a 07 GTI with a dual clutch tranny, and I love the way it works. People always talk down about anything thats not a manual, but if you get beat by a car with one you would be pissed. No manual car can beat it's dual clutch equavalant in any type of race. Right now there aren't many options to modify whats an already great car in the GTR, but there will be. Average joe's weren't driving 1000 horsepower supras the first year of it's release either. Price also has some influence on my pic. The ZR1's price tag puts it in range of some exotics that may not be as fast, but would really make you think before droping that kind of coin at a chevy dealership.

Reps for a well thought out, non fanboy post.

RL...
01-09-2009, 02:20 AM
Reps for a well thought out, non fanboy post.

I'd take the zr1. I was always a fan of RWD over AWD. FWD is pointless platform when the intention is to make power/go fast.

But personally If I could afford a 100k car it wouldn't be either of these cars.

Audi r8's go for about 110k, and I'd get an r8. AUDI FTW

On_Her_Face
01-09-2009, 10:27 AM

It's not even the dual clutch tranny that makes the car not as impressive to me, it is that the car eliminates most of the "driver mod". Where is the fun in owning a car like that?

Kaiser
01-09-2009, 11:21 AM
And what do you find so funny?

Besides people not reading?

It's not even the dual clutch tranny that makes the car not as impressive to me, it is that the car eliminates most of the "driver mod". Where is the fun in owning a car like that?

In normal street driving, what's the point of not having what amount to safety features? All the GT-R's electronic limiters and assists are capable of being disabled for situations when they wouldn't be wanted. If not directly then through manipulation of the firmware. For someone who is a good enough driver to be able to consistently maintain complete control over the ZR1 at limit with no issues, obviously there's no reason to have those limiters. The situations where you could find the edges of the performance envelope for either of these cars where the nanny-tronics of the GT-R would somehow hinder a good driver at all are so far beyond what's reasonable on the street that complaining about it really doesn't make any sense.

Part of why I'm disagreeing with you comes from what I feel is a possibly unintentional misrepresentation. The GT-R is an incredibly balanced and agile chassis, exponentially so when you factor it's weight into the equation. Much of the easy drivability of the GT-R comes not from the nanny-tronic assists but from it's overall engineering. A rear-biased AWD system that's been over 20 years in development now, as well as a front-midship platform with a very lightweight engine mounted back behind the front axle, a turbocharged engine with a torque curve that's incredibly easy to feel out without (as with a naturally aspirated or supercharged V8) having an excess of low end torque as to hinder drivability but also without the peaky nature of high-boost engines (where there's a tendancy towards mid gear-ratio traction loss, which was a problem with the R390's engine).

Nissan advertising and marketing may have tried to hold it up as such, but from an engineering standpoint it's obvious to see that the GT-R was meant to be what a GT-R has always been, and the ZR1 has moved the Corvette further down it's own pathways. I think you can compare anything with four wheels and say one is better than the other, but there's something to be said for having an open mind and understanding that the differences in designs often come from a difference in intent. The much more likely comparison is between the V-Spec and the ZR1, as much of the "Can go get the groceries too." nature of the GT-R is taken out. In that matchup, the ZR1 obviously out-performs, and the V-Spec has very few excuses.

StupidBikerBoy
01-09-2009, 12:52 PM
ZR1 all the way. That car would be so much more fun than the GTR. Of course, I agree that they arent in the same league, more like Z06 vs GTR. GTR may still be slightly lower on some things, but atleast they are more comparable.

GTR vs ZR1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mC-PQca6FJU
ZR1's GTR destroying official run at the ring. Scroll down in the comments and you'll see where it stands for 08's times (2nd best). I love how the guy seems to have a hard time with it in some places. I bet its a beast on the track.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6mEirkQN8o (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6mEirkQN8o)

On_Her_Face
01-10-2009, 11:22 AM
Besides people not reading?

In normal street driving, what's the point of not having what amount to safety features? All the GT-R's electronic limiters and assists are capable of being disabled for situations when they wouldn't be wanted. If not directly then through manipulation of the firmware. For someone who is a good enough driver to be able to consistently maintain complete control over the ZR1 at limit with no issues, obviously there's no reason to have those limiters. The situations where you could find the edges of the performance envelope for either of these cars where the nanny-tronics of the GT-R would somehow hinder a good driver at all are so far beyond what's reasonable on the street that complaining about it really doesn't make any sense.

Part of why I'm disagreeing with you comes from what I feel is a possibly unintentional misrepresentation. The GT-R is an incredibly balanced and agile chassis, exponentially so when you factor it's weight into the equation. Much of the easy drivability of the GT-R comes not from the nanny-tronic assists but from it's overall engineering. A rear-biased AWD system that's been over 20 years in development now, as well as a front-midship platform with a very lightweight engine mounted back behind the front axle, a turbocharged engine with a torque curve that's incredibly easy to feel out without (as with a naturally aspirated or supercharged V8) having an excess of low end torque as to hinder drivability but also without the peaky nature of high-boost engines (where there's a tendancy towards mid gear-ratio traction loss, which was a problem with the R390's engine).

Nissan advertising and marketing may have tried to hold it up as such, but from an engineering standpoint it's obvious to see that the GT-R was meant to be what a GT-R has always been, and the ZR1 has moved the Corvette further down it's own pathways. I think you can compare anything with four wheels and say one is better than the other, but there's something to be said for having an open mind and understanding that the differences in designs often come from a difference in intent. The much more likely comparison is between the V-Spec and the ZR1, as much of the "Can go get the groceries too." nature of the GT-R is taken out. In that matchup, the ZR1 obviously out-performs, and the V-Spec has very few excuses.

I agree with you about the GTR being a great platform even without all of the electronics, but what I was stating is that the GTR elminates the "driver mod" only in racing of any type. I did not state how the electronics of the GTR are great for safety reasons in normal driving, which could prevent an accident. If you disable the safety features like you said, you will void the warrenty and nothing will be covered. Which is a bit scary to me considering 2 out of 3 skyline owners that I know have broken their tranny (via "auto" launching the vehicle) when taking off some of the features (new GTR tranny + install = somewhere in the ballpark range of 15k-20k).

I would disagree when you say that Nissan has created this GTR to be what a GTR has always been since I don't see a connection between any of the past GTR Skylines and this one. This R35 seems to have no GTR culture to it minus a twin turbo power plant. Yes they have added "bigger and better" equipment, however in my mind it does not seem like this is what the next generation of Skylines should be like (most of this last part is just personal opinion, but I would bet that there are many others out there that agree with this).

OneSlow5pt0
01-10-2009, 01:21 PM
for street driving and street racing/drag racing the a Z06 is a better choice then a GTR,and ofcourse the ZR1 kills both of them.

and im not to sure what the porsche comment was about,but that is what chevy has built the corvette to be a huge rival to the 911 in every market,and it matches or outpreforms them.

the GTR is a great track car,and great car for the money...but im sure 90% of thsoe cars will never grace a roadtrack like the ZR1,so i say the Z06 is still the best bang for the buck car,even over the ZR1.

willum14pb
01-10-2009, 02:10 PM
yea a lot of my friend who owned boosted z's sold it to buy the GT-R. They ended up selling it a couple months down the road because all they do is turn the steering wheel, and someimes you don't even have to do that! There's no difficulty in driving that car like a pro.

willum14pb
01-10-2009, 02:18 PM
nothings a better bang for your buck than the z06. the zr1 put down 505 whp.. hat's not that impressive. Get a c6z06 heads/cams/exhaust and you're looking at even more power than that.. with about the same torque. Upgrade the suspension to Zr1 and get the brakes the Zr1 has and whats the point of spending 110k rather than 70k on a modded z06 that will probably outperform the zr1? lol. bad ass car but too much money.

willum14pb
01-10-2009, 02:21 PM
I agree with you about the GTR being a great platform even without all of the electronics, but what I was stating is that the GTR elminates the "driver mod" only in racing of any type. I did not state how the electronics of the GTR are great for safety reasons in normal driving, which could prevent an accident. If you disable the safety features like you said, you will void the warrenty and nothing will be covered. Which is a bit scary to me considering 2 out of 3 skyline owners that I know have broken their tranny (via "auto" launching the vehicle) when taking off some of the features (new GTR tranny + install = somewhere in the ballpark range of 15k-20k).

I would disagree when you say that Nissan has created this GTR to be what a GTR has always been since I don't see a connection between any of the past GTR Skylines and this one. This R35 seems to have no GTR culture to it minus a twin turbo power plant. Yes they have added "bigger and better" equipment, however in my mind it does not seem like this is what the next generation of Skylines should be like (most of this last part is just personal opinion, but I would bet that there are many others out there that agree with this).

This is not an R35. Nissan does not want people to mistake the GTR for a skyline. it is in no way associated with it, according to Nissan. It's just their brand of supercar, the GTR. Not skyline, NOT R35.

IDCoconut
01-10-2009, 02:55 PM
ZR1 all the way. That car would be so much more fun than the GTR. Of course, I agree that they arent in the same league, more like Z06 vs GTR. GTR may still be slightly lower on some things, but atleast they are more comparable.

GTR vs ZR1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mC-PQca6FJU
ZR1's GTR destroying official run at the ring. Scroll down in the comments and you'll see where it stands for 08's times (2nd best). I love how the guy seems to have a hard time with it in some places. I bet its a beast on the track.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6mEirkQN8o (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6mEirkQN8o)

Something isn't right....

On the ZR-1 video, look at where the clock starts, it CLEARLY begins to time at the Yellow marker before he enters the 1st turn.

BUT, at the end the clock stops right after he exits the last turn, he hasn't even gotten to the yellow market yet and still had a good bit to go.

Is that the way they time the Ring?

Kaiser
01-10-2009, 05:48 PM
This is not an R35. Nissan does not want people to mistake the GTR for a skyline. it is in no way associated with it, according to Nissan. It's just their brand of supercar, the GTR. Not skyline, NOT R35.

Nissan never said it was "in no way associated with" the Skyline any more. It's built on the Skyline's Advanced Front Midship architecture, has an interior that's largely based on the Skyline's, has an exterior that can obviously trace lines to the same generation Skylines, has an engine that, like all GT-R's before it, is a twin turbo-charged and upped-displacement version of a Skyline engine... And I've never heard a Nissan engineer or development person talk about the new GT-R not being related to the skyline. There's plenty of marketing horseturds that have been flung around about the fact that the GT-R isn't supposed to be a Skyline because it doesn't have Skyline in the name, but reality is reality, marketing is something else.

On_Her_Face
01-10-2009, 06:17 PM

The 2009 Nissan GT-R supercar, formerly known as Skyline, is here. Build a GT-R, view specs, photos, and learn about the making of this legendary sports car ...

It may not be called a Skyline but it is basically a Skyline.

sprix!
01-10-2009, 06:49 PM
Maybe it is just me, but I thought that the GT-R is more comparable to the Z06 than the ZR1.

On_Her_Face
01-10-2009, 07:38 PM
Maybe it is just me, but I thought that the GT-R is more comparable to the Z06 than the ZR1.

As stated before I picked the top production car from each company and based it on my personal experience with the cars. I have not driven a C6Z.

sprix!
01-11-2009, 07:13 AM
As stated before I picked the top production car from each company and based it on my personal experience with the cars. I have not driven a C6Z.
;) Ok, I missed that tid bit. I am not positive if it has been thrown into the mix, but have you peeped the GT-R Spec V? It steps up a few components to make the GT-R even more aggressively tuned. No, it does not appear to be confirmed officially (as far as I know), but it seems like a real possibility.
Here is one look at the possible vehicle... (http://www.worldcarfans.com/9080129.028/nissan-gt-r-spec-v-brochure-leaked)

On_Her_Face
01-11-2009, 10:51 AM
;) Ok, I missed that tid bit. I am not positive if it has been thrown into the mix, but have you peeped the GT-R Spec V? It steps up a few components to make the GT-R even more aggressively tuned. No, it does not appear to be confirmed officially (as far as I know), but it seems like a real possibility.
Here is one look at the possible vehicle... (http://www.worldcarfans.com/9080129.028/nissan-gt-r-spec-v-brochure-leaked)

Yeah I've looked at it, should be a little bit more nimble. Even if it does come out that does not mean it will make it to the states.

StupidBikerBoy
01-12-2009, 08:47 AM
Something isn't right....

On the ZR-1 video, look at where the clock starts, it CLEARLY begins to time at the Yellow marker before he enters the 1st turn.

BUT, at the end the clock stops right after he exits the last turn, he hasn't even gotten to the yellow market yet and still had a good bit to go.

Is that the way they time the Ring?

Honestly I have no clue, but that is the in-car video of the ZR1's official run on the ring.

Atlblkz06
01-12-2009, 12:25 PM
For 70k dual-sport car, I'll take a Z06 for the authentic experience

For 100k balls-to-the-wall racer, I'll take a Viper ACR - its a true track star. Someone bought one in the low/mid 90s a few weeks ago :yes:

For 140+ exotic I'll take a Ford GT. Or maybe an R8 V10 lightly used to save $$.