PDA

View Full Version : General Chat s2k cockpit

Kevykev
01-07-2009, 06:07 PM
I was going to buy one yesterday (2005 model with 49k), for business purposes, I sat inside of it and was shocked. I'm not even a big guy 6' 1" 170lbs I'm a slender mofo and i was not too comfy in it at all.

It had an aftermarket bumper on the rear so i let it go, I'm a perfectionist when it comes to certain cars so I let it fly.

Thoughts?

09ssturbo
01-07-2009, 06:15 PM
if you aint comfy...then its gonna be something you regret buying

BTEC
01-07-2009, 06:20 PM
not everybodys meant to drive supercars. lol!!!
next time try out the "cockpit" of a grand marquis or something that ppl with white hair would find a little more comfortable.

The Yousef
01-07-2009, 06:23 PM
it's racist that's why...

i say you sue honda and if you win you give me 50%...

:goodjob:

gtikid
01-07-2009, 06:29 PM
Not comfortable? Come on man, i'm 5'5" 140lbs and I fit COMFORTABLY in mine :lmfao:

Just ride around top down everyone and you'll be good :goodjob:

Kevykev
01-07-2009, 06:29 PM
When I got in the car the seat was up a little far kinda like some short person was driving it. I tried to adjust it but the seat wouldn't go back any further so when I got in i was like "Noo Wayyy, noo way"...There's no way this is all the space.

I jiggled the lever and it went back so I got room but it was still surprised.

Kevykev
01-07-2009, 06:31 PM
5'5" 140 yeah, it's clearly comfortable for you. I like the secure feeling but I felt like i was in a del sol. Not complaining about it, I just didn't know it was limited to that degree.

it's racist that's why...

i say you sue honda and if you win you give me 50%...

:goodjob:

wtf? :thinking:

G.C
01-08-2009, 09:54 AM
Start looking at chevy then. :)

Kevykev
01-08-2009, 12:28 PM
Yeah think i'm gonna buy a caprice now because of this experience, like an '86 model. You know...something like an s2000 but kinda not...yeah.

Kaiser
01-08-2009, 02:06 PM
What in the world is the "Business Purpose" You're going to be buying an S2K for?

Oh and the S2K is big for a Japanese car. Check out the Suzuki Cappuccino's dimensions.

Kevykev
01-08-2009, 06:09 PM
What in the world is the "Business Purpose" You're going to be buying an S2K for?

:ninja:

To buy then sell. Just another investment.

speedminded
01-08-2009, 07:34 PM
:ninja:

To buy then sell. Just another investment.Then who cares how it feels :tongue:

Elbow
01-08-2009, 08:30 PM
I like the way their interiors feel personally, probably the sportiest mainstream Jap car.

Deke
01-08-2009, 09:25 PM
^But you also drive a Miata :)

Not exactly known for their roomy interior.

redrumracer
01-08-2009, 11:48 PM

what he said.

Elbow
01-08-2009, 11:49 PM

True but I have owned more then a Miata lol. I was just saying for that sporty feel the S2K was my fav. Japanese car for it interior wise.

Kevykev
01-09-2009, 06:49 PM
ok now guys...

metalman
01-09-2009, 10:27 PM
S2Ks have a very cramped interior for the size of the car. I am not a fan of the inside
or of the crappy early 80s Mopar style digital dash.
Too much intrusive plastic..unless youre a midget, much like a 99up Miata.
An older Miata is much more comfy to me...by far.

civic95
01-11-2009, 06:31 PM
I almost didn't buy mine for this reason. You do get used to it though, and it almost feels like a glove. Not a good car for long trips. But, I bought it for track days, and a short commute anyway. I have a SUV for when I need to carry something or take a trip.

I would not buy it as an investment though. Unless you plan on not driving it, and putting it in Barrett-Jackson in 40-50 yrs.

Kaiser
01-11-2009, 06:35 PM
Buying a car is never an investment unless you plan to keep it for a very seriously extended length of time. Also purchasing a car for the sole intent of reselling it requires you to have a dealer's license. It also requires you to register the car as a dealer vehicle (Though this does mean you get to sport dealer plates for six months).

On all those notes, why do you care how it feels if you're buying it to try and make money off of selling it? This is akin to somebody bitching about a Ferrari 250 GTO's suspension when they bought it just to sell it to someone else. Why do you care?

Kevykev
01-11-2009, 09:03 PM
Buying a car is never an investment unless you plan to keep it for a very seriously extended length of time. Also purchasing a car for the sole intent of reselling it requires you to have a dealer's license. It also requires you to register the car as a dealer vehicle (Though this does mean you get to sport dealer plates for six months).

On all those notes, why do you care how it feels if you're buying it to try and make money off of selling it? This is akin to somebody bitching about a Ferrari 250 GTO's suspension when they bought it just to sell it to someone else. Why do you care?

You seem like a guy who knows what your talking about however, you managed to completely miss the whole point of this thread i made.

You're first sentence is just plain false because you used the word "NEVER."

You just failed and if you try to deny that, you will then begin to make yourself look stupid.

:yes:

ironchef
01-11-2009, 09:13 PM
I test drove one, liked the driving mechanics, but I'm a big guy and it was uncomfy. 6'0' 250 :(. Maybe if I lost like 75 lbs, but it was still rather small, my head was above the windshield lol.

Kevykev
01-11-2009, 09:21 PM
I would not buy it as an investment though. Unless you plan on not driving it, and putting it in Barrett-Jackson in 40-50 yrs.[/color]

LOL

I could've made a good profit off of it but I ended up buying an '08 civic.

I'll let that other guy re-read my thread to see the actual reason that I didn't buy the s2k.

I'm gonna be very general with this statement - s2ks are easy investments when you have the right deal going. :)

Quick ROI

Kaiser
01-11-2009, 09:39 PM
You seem like a guy who knows what your talking about however, you managed to completely miss the whole point of this thread i made.

You're first sentence is just plain false because you used the word "NEVER."

You just failed and if you try to deny that, you will then begin to make yourself look stupid.

:yes:

You seem like a guy who's on the up-and-up, but after re-reading your thread however, I see you managed to completely miss the whole point of me questioning why you'd be considering buying a car as an investment.

It's cool though, you like to assume people are stupid and don't see shady deals from the get-go. As I said, buying a car is never an investment unless you plan to keep it for a serious length of time. What you're talking about isn't an investment though, and you seem like a guy who should know what the difference is.

99' LuDe
01-11-2009, 09:46 PM
haha your not suppose to be comfy in a race car

Kevykev
01-12-2009, 12:56 AM
It's cool though, you like to assume people are stupid and don't see shady deals from the get-go. As I said, buying a car is never an investment unless you plan to keep it for a serious length of time. What you're talking about isn't an investment though, and you seem like a guy who should know what the difference is.

Investment:
Property or another possession acquired for future financial return or benefit.

or you can just Google it you know...you can see ALL of it's meanings not just the one YOU choose to embrace.

I like to assume people are stupid just because of what i chose to say to You? You're the one who got kinda "smart" by saying:

why do you care how it feels if you're buying it to try and make money off of selling it? This is akin to somebody bitching about a Ferrari 250 GTO's suspension when they bought it just to sell it to someone else. Why do you care?

I wasn't bitching about the interior, i was just stating what I noticed since i've never sat in one before. I didn't refuse to buy the car because of the interior, I refused to buy it because the car failed to reach my Quality Control standards (Rear Bumper was replaced with a cheap aftermarket one). But hey...who am i kidding, i'm just another one of those shady car dealers right? :)

p.s

I didn't actually call you "stupid." As i state over and over, we live in the Information Age. Customers are VERY EDUCATED nowadays, why try to pass a "shady deal" on someone? If they don't catch the shade, someone else on their side will so don't even try anything shady. Besides, it's unethical :cheers: