PDA

View Full Version : General Chat HID'S bad idea?

Okie_doke.
01-07-2009, 08:49 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVuSSdZNsZw let me know what y'all think

blackboi50
01-07-2009, 08:54 AM
DO AS YOU PLEASE!!!!.......:wtf:.....1

G.C
01-07-2009, 10:12 AM
Retro-fit your headlight and get HID.

K20Z1
01-07-2009, 10:27 AM
can i get caught with 6000k hid?

87 Turbo II
01-07-2009, 10:39 AM
yeah fuck you cheap HID kit people. With my car as low as it is, it's already hard for me tosee with a halogen shining at me, and I've seriously almost left my lane because of a few people that looked to have their brights on (but could be bad HIDs)

Okie_doke.
01-07-2009, 11:04 AM
yeah fuck you cheap HID kit people. With my car as low as it is, it's already hard for me tosee with a halogen shining at me, and I've seriously almost left my lane because of a few people that looked to have their brights on (but could be bad HIDs)
Dude I feel your pain. I'm so low as fuck to but still get flashed like my brights are on and that is some bullshit. But I've never heard of HID's being illegal

Captain-Obvious™
01-07-2009, 11:10 AM
I have HIDs and no projectors...and I say :lmao: to anyone I blind at night

Tech5
01-07-2009, 11:20 AM
Who cares I like them!

§treet_§peed
01-07-2009, 12:12 PM
i had 6oook HID's on my civic with stock headlights. it just took me like 3 days to adjust them correctly. i got mine from nitro good lights and good price.

§treet_§peed
01-07-2009, 12:13 PM
Dude I feel your pain. I'm so low as fuck to but still get flashed like my brights are on and that is some bullshit. But I've never heard of HID's being illegaltechnically if they didn't come on the stock then they are.

99hatch
01-07-2009, 12:28 PM
Anyone that has HID's without projectors is illegal as well as it should be. That is way to much light to just be shining all over the road. Do it right and get some Projectors. On my GTI i have HID but i searched around and bought some projector headlights for pretty cheap. Now i have a crisp line that breaks from light and no light. dont have to worry about blinding anyway.

blackboi50
01-07-2009, 12:43 PM

HHAHHA.....fucked up attitude but i like!!! hahah :goodjob:....1

X-Runner
01-07-2009, 12:46 PM
Even a retro fit with projectors is illegal.

B00STedSvT
01-07-2009, 02:09 PM
I didnt look at the vid but..Who Cares? Ive had HiDs in All my cars for like the past 3 or 4 years Thanks to my Homie Nitro..I have actually Never been flashed or pulled over for them or anything..U just have to adjust them properly..Ill NEVER drive another car without HiDs..I cant see for Shiat without them now LoL

JITB
01-07-2009, 02:18 PM
Even a retro fit with projectors is illegal.

lol exactly everyone shut the hell up..

DeeAOne
01-07-2009, 02:34 PM
I didnt look at the vid but..Who Cares? Ive had HiDs in All my cars for like the past 3 or 4 years Thanks to my Homie Nitro..I have actually Never been flashed or pulled over for them or anything..U just have to adjust them properly..Ill NEVER drive another car without HiDs..I cant see for Shiat without them now LoLx2 agreed. :yes:

RL...
01-07-2009, 02:50 PM

get window tint

RL...
01-07-2009, 02:51 PM
Anyone that has HID's without projectors is illegal as well as it should be. That is way to much light to just be shining all over the road. Do it right and get some Projectors. On my GTI i have HID but i searched around and bought some projector headlights for pretty cheap. Now i have a crisp line that breaks from light and no light. dont have to worry about blinding anyway.

cars that have HID's stock still blind....it all depends on how high a person has their lights aimed....

99' LuDe
01-07-2009, 06:47 PM
dont sweat it. as long as you aim them right you shouldnt get messed with. Plus if there so illegal why do beamers and the new acuras come stock with them>:)<

SouthrnStyle
01-07-2009, 06:59 PM
:crazy:My hid's are legal

X-Runner
01-07-2009, 07:01 PM
dont sweat it. as long as you aim them right you shouldnt get messed with. Plus if there so illegal why do beamers and the new acuras come stock with them>:)<

Because if its OEM its been made to where it will pass the laws and not blind people like just slapping re-based bulbs in halogen housings.

green91
01-07-2009, 07:08 PM

Are you going to be laughing when someone hits you head on because your shitty head lights blinded them?

nismo_b14
01-07-2009, 07:13 PM
pointless and lame, HIDS are the shit!

Mr. Antonov
01-07-2009, 07:37 PM
I don't know, I've driven around both the illegal and legal kind and I personally think the legal ones are more annoying..

K20Z1
01-07-2009, 07:55 PM

99 TL has hid w/o projectors i think

X-Runner
01-07-2009, 07:57 PM
99 TL has hid w/o projectors i think

As do some Ford cars but the housing/reflector is not the same as one for the halogen bulb.

RL...
01-07-2009, 08:52 PM
point is, HID's are the shit. If you whine about being blinded....find a way to deal with it. therapy, suicide, etc.....

X-Runner
01-07-2009, 08:54 PM
point is, HID's are the shit. If you whine about being blinded....find a way to deal with it. therapy, suicide, etc.....

Point is, H.I.D.s with a projector retro is even better. But H.I.D.s FTW :goodjob:

jr4mny
01-07-2009, 10:03 PM

lol x2..

see sig for detail description haha (pic)

boostedb16
01-07-2009, 10:07 PM
i will have to find the artical i read but all car's oem or not are not approved in the us. i doubt if you have a car w/oem that you will get a ticket but there not approved by the d.o.t in the us.

Nitro
01-07-2009, 10:58 PM
:D

Captain-Obvious™
01-07-2009, 11:22 PM
Are you going to be laughing when someone hits you head on because your shitty head lights blinded them?

Yeah...probably. :)

K20Z1
01-07-2009, 11:37 PM
most (almost all) recent acura comes stock with HID so i'll just tell the cop my car comes with it..if i happen to get pulled over..

87 Turbo II
01-07-2009, 11:50 PM
Well that's a cocky attitude. You'll never go back to halogens because you've gotten used to light that makes it hard for others to drive? Well, tough shit. You =/= the rest of the people on the road. The blinded has nothing to do with hurting my eyes, and everything to do with controlling a vehicle that is worth a lot to me in both money and sentimental value. Spilling a drink is nothing to get pissy over, crashing a whole car because of a cocky ass hole feeling safer replicating the sun is NOT worth it. I don't car if you have aftermarket HIDs, I don't care if they're stock, projector, retro-fitted, or w/e, so long as it is directional, non scattered, and doesn't look like a normal car's hi-beams, I am happy for you and I'm happy they help you see.

K20Z1
01-08-2009, 12:04 AM
Well that's a cocky attitude. You'll never go back to halogens because you've gotten used to light that makes it hard for others to drive? Well, tough shit. You =/= the rest of the people on the road. The blinded has nothing to do with hurting my eyes, and everything to do with controlling a vehicle that is worth a lot to me in both money and sentimental value. Spilling a drink is nothing to get pissy over, crashing a whole car because of a cocky ass hole feeling safer replicating the sun is NOT worth it. I don't car if you have aftermarket HIDs, I don't care if they're stock, projector, retro-fitted, or w/e, so long as it is directional, non scattered, and doesn't look like a normal car's hi-beams, I am happy for you and I'm happy they help you see.

you'll hate to see me on the road :(

Sentra
01-08-2009, 12:38 AM
This is the same argument that has been going on since HIDs first came out for after market purchase.

I have passed many many many cars with every difference of K values and have NEVER been blinded to the point that I can't see what ahead of me. Even the "unbalanced" ones.

Honestly, I am blinded more when I pass a fool with his brights on than any vehicle with HIDs.

Until the day DOT starts taking more action and start pulling over EVERY car with HIDs, Nitro will be payed a visit EVERY time I get a new car.

Paree4g63
01-08-2009, 01:05 AM
Even Evo's get flashed at from the opposite lane! The most annoying brightness of lights is those people with the super bright yellow lights that seem like it's all on high beam and especially when they're right behind you. From trucks, it's even worser! But dam, H.I.D lights on old cars looks good when driving IT, but looking at it from in front, it just doesn't look right. Two big dots of blue circles which aren't usually the same size. Sometimes one's brighter and bigger then the other. :]

2turbo4u
01-08-2009, 01:57 AM
Video was done in Europe

DeeAOne
01-08-2009, 07:01 AM
Even Evo's get flashed at from the opposite lane! The most annoying brightness of lights is those people with the super bright yellow lights that seem like it's all on high beam and especially when they're right behind you. From trucks, it's even worser! But dam, H.I.D lights on old cars looks good when driving IT, but looking at it from in front, it just doesn't look right. Two big dots of blue circles which aren't usually the same size. Sometimes one's brighter and bigger then the other. :] that would be the 3k's. people flashed all the time. lol i did try to angle them down though. didnt help that i had brand new H4 conversion housings either.