PDA

View Full Version : goodbye for a while

dohc4.6sc
01-05-2009, 06:58 PM
i leave for BCT in just a few hours. even though i know you fuckers wont miss me me. lol.

mike's02ls1
01-05-2009, 07:02 PM
i leave for BCT in just a few hours. even though i know you fuckers wont miss me me. lol.
Have fun, and be safe...What branch? Gomer Pile rings a bell

dohc4.6sc
01-05-2009, 07:04 PM
Have fun, and be safe...What branch? Gomer Pile rings a bell

Army. basic is in ft knox and ait is in apg maryland.

quickdodgeŽ
01-05-2009, 07:06 PM
Wish I could have finished the military. Later, QD.

dohc4.6sc
01-05-2009, 07:07 PM
Wish I could have finished the military. Later, QD.

what do you mean by that?

Scotsman
01-05-2009, 07:10 PM
good luck bro and stay safe!

quickdodgeŽ
01-05-2009, 07:10 PM
what do you mean by that?

I mean that I miss that I wasn't able to continue through a military stint, or even a career like people I know. A lot of things I could have done, or still be doing, if I had been able to stay enlisted. Later, QD.

dohc4.6sc
01-05-2009, 07:11 PM
I mean that I miss that I wasn't able to continue through a military stint, or even a career like people I know. A lot of things I could have done, or still be doing, if I had been able to stay enlisted. Later, QD.

ahh i see, i never knew you were enlisted. if you dont mind my asking, why were you not able to stay in?

quickdodgeŽ
01-05-2009, 07:16 PM
ahh i see, i never knew you were enlisted. if you dont mind my asking, why were you not able to stay in?

I first went to MEPS back in 1988 to join the Navy. Failed the hearing test. Went back and enlisted in the Coast Guard and was able to pass MEPS. Was sworn in and flown to Cape May, NJ for CG boot camp. A couple of days after we were there, we took another test. A week or so later, I was called in for Red Tag. That meant I was being sent home. I had failed the hearing test they gave me in boot camp. So I was sent home with an honorable medical discharge. So if anyone were to say that I've never done my part for the country, it wasn't for lack of trying. It's because I was already in and was medically discharged. Later, QD.

IMPORTchic
01-05-2009, 07:16 PM
GL with the Army.....=)

dohc4.6sc
01-05-2009, 07:18 PM
I first went to MEPS back in 1988 to join the Navy. Failed the hearing test. Went back and enlisted in the Coast Guard and was able to pass MEPS. Was sworn in and flown to Cape May, NJ for CG boot camp. A couple of days after we were there, we took another test. A week or so later, I was called in for Red Tag. That meant I was being sent home. I had failed the hearing test they gave me in boot camp. So I was sent home with an honorable medical discharge. So if anyone were to say that I've never done my part for the country, it wasn't for lack of trying. It's because I was already in and was medically discharged. Later, QD.

damn dude that sucks.

dohc4.6sc
01-05-2009, 07:19 PM
GL with the Army.....=)

Thank You.:cheers:

quickdodgeŽ
01-05-2009, 07:21 PM
damn dude that sucks.

Yup. I love the ocean and wanted to do something in relation to that and that the CG would be awesome. But I got a 2 week stint, a $500 check and plane ticket for me and my discharge papers home. But it did state HONORABLE. That was cool. I guess. Later, QD.

dohc4.6sc
01-05-2009, 07:24 PM
Yup. I love the ocean and wanted to do something in relation to that and that the CG would be awesome. But I got a 2 week stint, a $500 check and plane ticket for me and my discharge papers home. But it did state HONORABLE. That was cool. I guess. Later, QD.

that ocean shit just isnt for me. i can swin but hate water. yea glad it was honorable. how much was a months paycheck for back then, in the military of course.

Scotsman
01-05-2009, 07:25 PM
good luck bro and stay safe!yeah what i said:cheers:

Catnip
01-05-2009, 07:27 PM

Might not mean much, but thanks. It's more than I have done for my country.

dohc4.6sc
01-05-2009, 07:28 PM
yeah what i said:cheers:

LOL, you know i apprciate it bro.

gtrmonkey
01-05-2009, 07:33 PM
Mad props man, Your doing an honorable thing.

You QD, I will have to say basically same thing as cgEvan, and the closest thing I have done for my country is BA and I quit half way through. You went back twice and tried to serve your country. That is very honorable. Most people would just give up after the first go at it.

quickdodgeŽ
01-05-2009, 07:53 PM
Although I don't think I deserve any sort of recognition, I really appreciate the words, folks.

dohc, through our times on here, I hope you find your niche and things get better, if not already, for you and you succeed in your venture. Later, QD.

tony
01-05-2009, 08:11 PM

How old are you now? If its less than 40 you can still do the Reserves.

dohc4.6sc
01-05-2009, 08:16 PM
Although I don't think I deserve any sort of recognition, I really appreciate the words, folks.

dohc, through our times on here, I hope you find your niche and things get better, if not already, for you and you succeed in your venture. Later, QD.

i realy do appriciate it man.

quickdodgeŽ
01-05-2009, 08:16 PM
How old are you now? If its less than 40 you can still do the Reserves.

I'll be 40 next year (April 2010). And I can't because of medical reasons. Later, QD.

Kasper
01-05-2009, 08:17 PM
good luck and be careful. dont forget to sign your "incase of bodily harm" form!! we'll see ya in a few weeks.

dohc4.6sc
01-05-2009, 08:20 PM
good luck and be careful. dont forget to sign your "incase of bodily harm" form!! we'll see ya in a few weeks.

yea lol.

FasTech
01-05-2009, 08:46 PM
Hell yeah man, be safe and thanks for serving our country. I'm still debating on if I want to join the service or not.

Echonova
01-05-2009, 08:50 PM
Good luck and God speed my friend. Stay safe.

dohc4.6sc
01-05-2009, 09:47 PM
Good luck and God speed my friend. Stay safe.

thanks to you and fast-tech.