PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods i need HELP my motor

Tree
01-05-2009, 06:38 PM
ok i just got a skunk2 pro series intake mani with a 68mm throttle body for me b16. i put them on and off the back i was throwing two code. 7 and 14, so then i went back and put on the stock throttle body and the code 7 was gone. after i did that i also tryed to fixed the code 14 which is the iacv.( its brand new)

but today when i was drive my car it was breaking so beween 500 rpm to like 3,000 rpm and i still have the code 7 and 14.. and my gas milage went down hill.. what cant it be? i will give reps for helping :thinking: :goodjob:

scttydb411
01-05-2009, 08:29 PM
tps not calibrated/adjusted=code 7 or map/tps connected wrong (usually car will bog, but not always)
iacv and iat plugs possibly connected wrong (common mistake as they both are 2 wire plugs and in the general vicinity of each other)=code 14

don't just go and unplug the iacv and iat and switch them. run a wire continuity test b/c many times then they are wired backward the iat gets toasted or an ecu can get ruined. double check your wiring.

IntegraXTR
01-05-2009, 09:15 PM
^^ agreed.

If its your tps, then it needs to be calibrated using a multimeter. At close it should read .45 and 5 at wot.

Tree
01-05-2009, 09:40 PM
i have looked up about the tps.. i also something from skunk2 saying that the tps should be a 500 to 800 oms for it to work right. but thats for the help and i will be trying all of this tomorrow

blackyellrx7
01-05-2009, 11:36 PM
yea i agree with them calibrate ur tps sensor and check for any leaks make sure its not loosing air

Tree
01-05-2009, 11:55 PM
i not have any leaking.. have look for a lot of them

jdm_crx_man
01-06-2009, 09:14 AM
ill find my ohms tester and adjust your tps for you as for the iac it must not be wired correctly cause when we put your ecu in your brothers car it worked perfect and you have been having an iac problem since then motor was put in i wasnt there when yall wired up the motor so i dont know if it was wired properly so i would go over it again