PDA

View Full Version : Misc computer help...wtf

chuck
09-15-2005, 10:27 AM
ok, i got my new computer all set up about a month ago, i registered windows and all that gravy but then about a week ago i started getting a notification when i started window saying that i needed to register i in X # of days and to "click here to register" ...i'd click there and it'd open a new window saying "windows is already registered, click ok to continue" ....well the 7 days turned to 6, the 5 and so on until last night...i crossed my fingers and restarted and i got the windows log on screen, where it shows all the user accounts and their little avatars (normally it skips this since i am the only user) i click on "CHUCK" and it says i have to register now and click ok to do so. then the same box pops up that says "windows is already activated click here to continute" ...i click to continue and it puts me back to the user accounts page, then i'm just stuck in that loop with no other options...

i'm using XP, you guys have any ideas???

4dmin
09-15-2005, 11:03 AM
can you get it into safe mode? do you have a real XP key or is it a hack?

chuck
09-15-2005, 11:10 AM
no safe mode
hack

i still haven't tried booting from the CD, i don't know if that would work or not, i'm going to get CD's back from a friend and see what i can get with those...maybe try to reinstall then upgrade or something??

do you know if there is anything in set-up that deals with the registration???

4dmin
09-15-2005, 01:20 PM
you can try booting to DOS and running the hack again.

chuck
09-15-2005, 03:36 PM
...got it into safe mode and tried running the crack from DOS there, it said windows cannot be activated in safe mode and it tells me to restart windows normally...grrr

4dmin
09-15-2005, 04:38 PM
bahhh looks like you will have to A) do some googling for a fix or B) REFORMAT

Allshow97
09-15-2005, 05:10 PM
Use some sort of boot disk to boot in DOS and then try to re-run the hack. (Windows 98 disk works great) LMK if that works for you. If not I can explain how to do a windows repair where you won't lose any user info just replace the OS and reset your 30 day activation.

tybalt6691
09-15-2005, 06:44 PM
U downloaded SP2 didnt you?

chuck
09-15-2005, 08:38 PM
Use some sort of boot disk to boot in DOS and then try to re-run the hack. (Windows 98 disk works great) LMK if that works for you. If not I can explain how to do a windows repair where you won't lose any user info just replace the OS and reset your 30 day activation.
yeah, i tried booting in dos too and the hack won't take, it has to be in windows to run the hack and "activate windows"....also tried booting from the cd and repairing windows, wouldn't take that either...i'm far from computer illerate, i just dunno whats up with this. i'm copying all my important files (music, lol) to flash drive nows, just going to reformat :(

chuck
09-15-2005, 08:40 PM
U downloaded SP2 didnt you?

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, no...but i could have if i wanted to...i had a legit copy of windows, just didn't have a real key that hadn't been used.

ironchef
09-15-2005, 09:24 PM
SP2 worked fine on my hacked key haha. Is the hack version the corporate version or just pro?

krindus
09-16-2005, 04:32 AM
your best bet is to install a new copy of windows if you can, i ran into this problem, twice, once with a service pack 2 thing, another with the 30 day register after that. i think buying an actual key isn't too bad of an idea, there's been several cases where i needed it for authentication, it's like having a car without a warranty.

chuck
09-16-2005, 08:28 AM
SP2 worked fine on my hacked key haha. Is the hack version the corporate version or just pro?
sp2 would work fine on this hack too...its been on this computer (the one i am using right now) forever....this obviously isn't a SP2 issue though as it wasn't installed :goodjob:

chuck
09-16-2005, 08:31 AM
your best bet is to install a new copy of windows if you can, i ran into this problem, twice, once with a service pack 2 thing...QUOTE]
[QUOTE=chuck]...i'm copying all my important files (music, lol) to flash drive nows, just going to reformat :(

hey thanks for the suggestion ;), and once again...not a SP2 issue

chuck
09-16-2005, 08:34 AM
...just wanted to say thanks paul and allshow for their helpful posts...none of it worked but you guys had some good ideas to help fix the problem

the problem is fixed now though, i just reformatted and put on WinPE, i think that'd be better for a carputer anyhow...

RandomGuy
09-16-2005, 10:48 PM
shit i got a CD that has the hack already in it. Just pop it in during bootup and install it on a different partition or path. Youll keep your shit (on your HD) and itll still work. You will however have to reinstall.
I gave the cd to Spyder Man on IA, maybe you can get it from him.

chuck
09-17-2005, 01:03 AM
shit i got a CD that has the hack already in it. Just pop it in during bootup and install it on a different partition or path. Youll keep your shit (on your HD) and itll still work. You will however have to reinstall.
I gave the cd to Spyder Man on IA, maybe you can get it from him.
Reinstall again!?! I just reformatted yesterday...did I really not already say that?? :D