PDA

View Full Version : Misc NFL Draft

FlipKing
01-05-2009, 05:03 PM
Falcons will be low to mid 20s in the draft, what do ya'll think they'll go for?

1st Round- Pass rushing DT or DE
2nd Round- Pass catching TE
3rd Round- Strong Safety
4th Round- O-line help

OneSlow5pt0
01-05-2009, 05:04 PM
We need LBs,OL, and Safety

Greddypacked
01-05-2009, 05:48 PM
Defensive backs fo sure!

BanginJimmy
01-05-2009, 05:53 PM
1st round - pass rusher to split downs with Abraham
2nd round - Cover corner
3rd round - MLB
4th round - WR (this should be delt with in free agency to get someone experienced)
5th round - QB (Falcons still need a real #2 option)
6th and 7th round - look for talent that can be developed.

FlipKing
01-05-2009, 06:00 PM
Foxworth and Houston I thinkm are good for a cb duo. Saftey upgrade maybe. Grimes is a good corner just undersized. We need a pass rusher and some upgrade on the Oline. and another DT. Grady jackson is getting too old. Babineux is good tho

americanctm
01-05-2009, 06:25 PM
most definitely defensive backs. Our corners are good, Houston is young with tremendous potential, he is still learning. Grimes is good, and Foxworth has really come on this year and been a great addition.

We need a safety, Lawyer Milloy is getting too old, i'm sure everyone saw the play Saturday where he misread the play and angle and let Bolden run a short pass for a touchdown. They need to find a Bob Sanders in the draft. And the second need is again on defense, linebacker.

BB6dohcvtec
01-05-2009, 06:28 PM
we need a DB dammit

FlipKing
01-05-2009, 06:34 PM
I disagree, Boley, Williams, and Lofton are fine along with Brooking for experience. A young safety to learn under Milloy would be great.

HyPer50
01-05-2009, 07:09 PM
1st round - pass rusher to split downs with Abraham
2nd round - Cover corner
3rd round - MLB
4th round - WR (this should be delt with in free agency to get someone experienced)
5th round - QB (Falcons still need a real #2 option)
6th and 7th round - look for talent that can be developed.

Why MLB? Lofton seems to be very promising at MLB, I'd say we just need to look at maybe another OLB to take Brooking's place.

HyPer50
01-05-2009, 07:10 PM
I disagree, Boley, Williams, and Lofton are fine along with Brooking for experience. A young safety to learn under Milloy would be great.

Williams? Hopefully you don't mean Demorrio Williams... He was traded to the KC Chiefs last offseason.

FlipKing
01-05-2009, 07:31 PM
I remember this,lol, thats why I came back to fix that,haha, well hmm, shoudlnt have traded him he was good. So yeah, Outside lb. Boley is good, need another good young one. I think maybe...we should try to get Vernon Davis for a deal. He has been a bust thus far maybe a 3rd round pick?

BanginJimmy
01-08-2009, 04:34 PM
Why MLB? Lofton seems to be very promising at MLB, I'd say we just need to look at maybe another OLB to take Brooking's place.

They need the depth at MLB and I'm not really impressed with this years class of OLB's. To tell the truth, I really only like a couple dozen defensive players in the draft. This year is shaping up to be very offensive heavy. Next year I see a HUGE influx of top flight talent on the defensive side of the ball though.

HyPer50
01-08-2009, 04:45 PM
They need the depth at MLB and I'm not really impressed with this years class of OLB's. To tell the truth, I really only like a couple dozen defensive players in the draft. This year is shaping up to be very offensive heavy. Next year I see a HUGE influx of top flight talent on the defensive side of the ball though.

Isn't Brandon Spikes out of Florida an OLB? Wouldn't mind him and I think Wake Forest also has a good one... Hell if we go MLB tho, I'd love Laurinitis out of OSU... Animals son... thats reason enough right there.

alpine_aw11
01-08-2009, 05:51 PM
Isn't Brandon Spikes out of Florida an OLB? Wouldn't mind him and I think Wake Forest also has a good one... Hell if we go MLB tho, I'd love Laurinitis out of OSU... Animals son... thats reason enough right there.

Yep. Spikes is a beast, but he's a MLB. Doesn't really matter, you can move LB's around. Laurinitis is also a tank, but I don't think he reads offenses as well as Spikes does, he's more of a blitz type LB. No matter what, we need to replace Brooking before dementia sets in.

BanginJimmy
01-08-2009, 05:59 PM
Yea Spikes is a MLB, but he will most likely play OLB in the pros because of he speed. He will easily make MLB size after a season of NFL weight training, but I think he could be better used as a OLB. Either way, he will be gone long before the Falcons pick.