PDA

View Full Version : Dyno Comparisons Around Atlanta

ejohnson88
01-05-2009, 11:52 AM
Just curious as to who has the softest dyno and who has the hardest dyno? In other words if that wasn't clear enough, what shop's dyno typically read's higher, and which one's typically read lower? Anyone out there know who's dyno would be considered to be most "Accurate" thanks!

Vteckidd
01-05-2009, 12:00 PM
As far as Hondas go Mainstream is about the most accurate because:
1) They have dynoed more hondas than anyone in the state so most of your peers "numbers" can be related to your numbers.

2) They use a dynojet which is what 95% of the shops use around Atlanta

3) The higher "reading dynos" compared to your peers would be any dyno that is a Dynapac which to my knowledge no one has one around here (KNOWLEDGE PERFORMANCE had one but i dont know where it went. Supposedly DYI Autotune or something bought SOGs old dyno which was a dynapac). They dont really read WHEEL HORSEPOWER they read HUB, and typically are 10-15% higher than dynojets.

As far as ACCURATE they are all accurate. A meteric measuring stick is just as accurate as a standard measuring stick, they are just in different increments/units of measure.

What people tend to do is go to the Dynapacs so they can gloat on the internet about how their stock K20a2 made 240whp. See when your peers are all used to making 210whp on the local dynojet, the dynapac kid seems like king ding a ling. The BHP is the same, the whp display is different.

BOth cars would be equally as fast.

So, anyway, if you have a honda.acura/ Mainstream has the most cars in the "pool" so to speak so you can really compare with other people around the state and see where you should be at and what you ARE at in terms of power.

ejohnson88
01-05-2009, 12:01 PM
Alright, and as always thanks again for the info Mike :)

Vteckidd
01-05-2009, 12:05 PM
just put me on speed dial

Evolunchbox
01-05-2009, 01:38 PM
As far as ACCURATE they are all accurate. A meteric measuring stick is just as accurate as a standard measuring stick, they are just in different increments/units of measure.

Well said, reps!

And done without people arguing!

onebadgt
01-05-2009, 02:54 PM
i guess it depends on who you talk to, diff ppl will all say that shops inflate the numbers of the cars they build, i know dynolab doesnt inflate theres because i had my stang dynod on theirs and modular power houses, and they were within 3whp of each other.
i have heard alot of ppl say that vengence(spelling???) inflates their numbers because we had a group out racing and some of their 550rwhp cars were getting beat by 480-500rwhp cars but thats all speculation. the guys could have been lying about their numbers in the 1st place!

David88vert
01-05-2009, 08:24 PM
...i know dynolab doesnt inflate theres...
You are correct on that one. Arthur has been around longer than most other dynos and has dynoed all types of cars, and can explain how your car is performing compared to similarly modded cars.

Init2winit
01-05-2009, 10:56 PM
Just curious as to who has the softest dyno and who has the hardest dyno? In other words if that wasn't clear enough, what shop's dyno typically read's higher, and which one's typically read lower? Anyone out there know who's dyno would be considered to be most "Accurate" thanks!Leave the dyno's for tuning, or trouble shooting a problem. Let the track speak for the power.

slowhawk01
01-06-2009, 12:42 AM
You can make a dyno's read whatever you want it to. Its just numbers. There are many tricks out there that shops use as selling points, but in all it will all backfire on them in the end at trackdays and on the street. Which has happen to some of them. Dyno's are just a tuning device. If I had to say one that just doesn't care is Arthur at dynolab because he could care less what your car makes he didn't build it.Thats as accurate as it gets.:cheers:

Lankhoss
01-06-2009, 04:44 AM
The street dyno is extremely accurate, and has been very popular for several years now. There are several locations around the Atlanta Metro area, however I am not able to disclose those locations at this time.

ejohnson88
01-06-2009, 12:12 PM
well well as far as the track speaking As soon as I can get some slicks or at least drag radials, I should be running mid to low 13's at 105-106ish

Incontt
01-07-2009, 11:07 PM
mainstreams dynojet matches up with my track et/mph

b0ki
01-07-2009, 11:47 PM
Mike and Matt are right ..... you can make a dyno read whatever... i think dyno pack i really good for tuning what i hear so far.. I still think the street is best for every thing

secondgencamaro
01-18-2009, 09:58 PM
The street dyno is extremely accurate, and has been very popular for several years now.

http://www.avenger-valkyrie.org/forsale/gtech.jpg
^my dyno. If its faster, I made more power. If its slower, I should go back to what I had, lol.

Z U L8R
01-18-2009, 10:59 PM
the street dyno is popular, and a dyno that can simulate the street as well as the track would be the best as far as tuning and accuracy

with our mustang dyno we simulate the vehicle on the street , as the car goes faster the dyno puts more load on the wheels based on the vehicles weight and aerodynamics. therefore you can tune it for exactly how it will be on the street/track where it will be driven.

you can run the 1/4 mile on our dyno launching off the transbrake and all. it'll tell you your 60' 1/8mile 1/4 mile et and trap speed within a hundredth of a second. it'll handle 2500whp and go 250mph

numbers are arbitrary and it all depends on who's yardstick people are measuring their dicks with. when people compare power with each other they typically speak dynojet since the majority of the shops in GA have dynojets it's used as the yardstick.

if we're speaking dynojet then our mustang dyno is typically lower. accuracy is also arbitrary however very relevant to what it runs on the street/track.

Dave @ Lethal Injection Motorsports
770-343-9969