PDA

View Full Version : Misc another one of our songs

stephen
01-05-2009, 03:25 AM
here's another song my brother produced, and my other brother is rapping on. it's one of my favorites. i can't remember for the life of me, the name of the guy singing. my brother did EVERYTHING in producing the beat (even played the guitar).

incase anyone wants some history on it...the song was inspired by an accident that we saw a few years ago at a street racing event (talked about in the 2nd verse). i'm sure QD will appreciate this one.

didn't get many hits on the last one (with the poll)...but enjoy!

Swurvin_ _I_m On the Highway_.mp3 - 3.77MB (http://www.zshare.net/audio/537081245fab2fbd/)

AirMax95
01-05-2009, 08:58 AM
I listened to some of it before I went to work; sounds pretty solid! Content is there, beat is real nice.

How far is your brother into music? A good friend of mines is performing at the Red Light Cafe on Feb 7th. He produces his own beats/music also. He supports his family and is pushing hard at his craft.

stephen
01-05-2009, 10:14 AM
seriously...if i told you how deep we were into music, you PROBABLY wouldn't believe me. we have a really nice contact with a publicist from EMI (world's largest publishing company) who has linked us up with bonecrusher (before he blew up), bohagon, lil wayne/t.i./jeezy (they did a track together that my older brother produced which used to be on his myspace page), 112, recently a deal with akon's new artist PRYNCE (who actually might be going to def jam instead), and a few others (almost all production deals...& 2 collabo songs with bonecrusher).

my older brother does most of the producing, and that's my other brother who is rapping. we both rap, although i had a recent opportunity to get into management lately (on a whim...i stumbled across a new artist who i introduced to EMI as a publisher), and i'm contemplating on running with this. both of us (the rappers) do this more as a hobby...my older brother produces more as a career.

i'll talk to my brother and try to go checkout your boy. if he doesn't go, i still want to go. i remember back in the college days when i used to go do the freestyle sessions at APACHE cafe'. support is important! PM me some more info man...

AirMax95
01-05-2009, 10:29 AM
Thats what's up. Congrats on the progress. I believe all people until they prove otherwise. I wish I could get into the entertainment biz part time. It would be a second life to me. I respect all artist who do it with a passion.

I will PM you the info on Dwanye in a few. He makes/sells beats as well. Honest stand up guy too.

Another one of my friends from high school, Lil Weavah, is doing well. You probably heard of him. He tours with BME a lot, IIRC. He opened for Plies, T-Pain, and has lots of mixtapes with T.I. and the gang. I remember back in high school, this cat could flow as fast as Twista! Its good to see people making it.

Do you have links to anymore tracks?

x Resilience
01-05-2009, 01:00 PM
Pretty dope. I like it

quickdodgeŽ
01-05-2009, 08:14 PM
The delivery of the lyrics flows well with the music. They do go hand in hand pretty good. I don't like it simply because I don't like slow jams rap. And, to me, the music doesn't hold my attention. But that's just because I've never liked that style. Later, QD.

FasTech
01-05-2009, 11:59 PM
I liked the other one a little better. Both sound great though.