PDA

View Full Version : 2g DSM.....HELP...

fastasscrx
01-04-2009, 09:29 PM
I have recently purchased a 98 eclipse...it has a 420a with an auto tranny.. when I got it, I had to replace the pass side axle, now that I have it all together, and running. I have a problem with the idle..It idles about 1800-2000 rpms, and sometimes it drops back around 1100 rpms...the car was running great before it broke the axle. I was told that it could be the torque converter going out? is this true? I have checked all the TB sensors and everything is working and reading right(according to the weak battery). Also I drove it yesterday and it drove fine, shifted in all gears..lil lugish in OD..when I came back home I checked the tranny fluid and it was low so I added more fliud(over filled it)and now today while driving it doesnt want to shift.. I am not a dsm guy...anyone with any knowledge of DSM's...Please respond....

Motivation
01-04-2009, 09:40 PM
GAdsm.org VFAQ.com DSMTalk.com (or .net I forget) will be a good place to start. VFAQ.com will also be one of your best tools when owning a dsm...

koi
01-05-2009, 07:05 AM
Did you remove any vacuum hoses? My old 1g did that. I replaced the biss and IAC and it kept doing it. Ended up being a Vacuum leak.