PDA

View Full Version : IA...im losing interest...YOU?

matthewAPM
01-04-2009, 04:22 PM
Well I have been on import atlanta for some time now (yes i know not as long as most) but for the first time, I am losing interest in the forum. Where did all the fun go? I remember i'd get on almost everyday and there was tons of funny or knowledgeable threads worth reading. Now I get on and it seems like no one is really online and those that do post make stupid shit that isnt worth looking at.

So how about everyone else? Losing interest or is the lulz still there??

Buttons
01-04-2009, 04:24 PM
it's the bad economy.

Tech5
01-04-2009, 04:24 PM
Its just because no one likes you I think:thinking:

Just kidding, Its been the same as always ....I just look for it, and you might don't try an look, but there are many things that are funny an knowledgable too, just need to stop being lazy an use that search button!

81911SC
01-04-2009, 04:28 PM
Half the noobs are annoying as shit.

Tech5
01-04-2009, 04:29 PM
True but you was also a NOOB at one point in time!
Half the noobs are annoying as shit.

matthewAPM
01-04-2009, 04:30 PM
^ ive always searched for it. It just seems like a big decrease in the amount of posting or something. idk, maybe im just on here to much and now im just tired of it...

Tech5
01-04-2009, 04:32 PM
maybe you are the one making the rest of us bored?

matthewAPM
01-04-2009, 04:34 PM
maybe you are the one making the rest of us bored?

FUCK YOU!

~runs off crying :cry: ~

81911SC
01-04-2009, 04:34 PM
True but you was also a NOOB at one point in time!Hi! I'm the point.
I don't think we've met.
I'm saying they're annoying. Not noobs, the actual people that are noobs. Not because they're noobs.

Tech5
01-04-2009, 04:35 PM
:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:
Hi! I'm the point.
I don't think we've met.
I'm saying they're annoying. Not noobs, the actual people that are noobs. Not because they're noobs.

TheGrillMan
01-04-2009, 04:36 PM
ia keeps me entretained most of the time

i think you just suck

/thread

Tech5
:lmao: :lmao: :yay: :yay: :yay:
FUCK YOU!

~runs off crying :cry: ~

Alan®
lol at gene

matthewAPM
01-04-2009, 04:39 PM
ia keeps me entretained most of the time

i think i just suck dick

/thread

fixed

quickdodge®
01-04-2009, 04:39 PM
It just seems like a big decrease in the amount of posting

Quite the opposite. There is a HUGE increase in the amount of posts. But they're all geared towards crap. I used to be a WL post whore. Up until the last couple of years, I was always on there. But while the site got bigger and bigger, the quality of the posts got smaller and smaller. Too many people that "know it all" signed on here and you get more head butts than on a a Swiss mountain top. And throw in all the "ATTN: "So-N-SO!!!.....you suck" threads along with some I LOVE LOLI threads and you've got yourself a shitload of crap threads. Now I don't post but a handful of times in the WL and post more than ever outside of it. But as long as Julio and Paul keep me on, I'll not lose interest in the site. I promote it everyday from state to state, lolol. Later, QD.

Tech5
01-04-2009, 04:41 PM
yup

matthewAPM
01-04-2009, 04:43 PM
Quite the opposite. There is a HUGE increase in the amount of posts. But they're all geared towards crap. I used to be a WL post whore. Up until the last couple of years, I was always on there. But while the site got bigger and bigger, the quality of the posts got smaller and smaller. Too many people that "know it all" signed on here and you get more head butts than on a a Swiss mountain top. And throw in all the "ATTN: "So-N-SO!!!.....you suck" threads along with some I LOVE LOLI threads and you've got yourself a shitload of crap threads. Now I don't post but a handful of times in the WL and post more than ever outside of it. But as long as Julio and Paul keep me on, I'll not lose interest in the site. I promote it everyday from state to state, lolol. Later, QD.

You are correct about that. "its about quality, not quantity"

TheGrillMan
01-04-2009, 05:01 PM
fixed

oh man

your slick

silversol
01-04-2009, 05:12 PM
yup
maybe its just useless post whoring!

Tech5
01-04-2009, 05:34 PM
maybe its just useless post whoring!
I was agreeing with QD why are you on my nuts lol:lmfao: :lmfao:

silversol
01-04-2009, 05:40 PM
I was agreeing with QD why are you on my nuts lol:lmfao: :lmfao:
me on your nuts keep dreaming! can you honestly say with a strait face you are not a ia post whore? 11000+ post in less that a year and a half. lets see how many more times you post in this thread.

Tech5
01-04-2009, 05:53 PM
me on your nuts keep dreaming! can you honestly say with a strait face you are not a ia post whore? 11000+ post in less that a year and a half. lets see how many more times you post in this thread.
I get most of my post from my items I am selling, Don't get mad that I am posting items more then you forsale!lolol...:lmfao:

AirMax95
01-04-2009, 06:03 PM
The election is over.......another big reason I think.

Tech5
01-04-2009, 06:04 PM
OBAMA will change it!

AirMax95
01-04-2009, 06:18 PM
OBAMA will change it!

He already has :ninja:

Elbow
01-04-2009, 06:38 PM
It's Autumn's fault.

Maniacc
01-04-2009, 06:38 PM
Tech5 posts material along the lines of;

- Yup
- lolololololol
- :gay: :gay: :gay: :gay: :lmfao: agree
- lololololol
- Ect.

You get the point. I remember when he first started post whoring. No one liked this guy and now that he has some fancy rep points and post counts he's some one who's post should be taken into consideration. :lmao: Rly?

matthewAPM
01-04-2009, 06:44 PM
It's Autumn's fault.

wow. that was ALMOST FUNNY!:no:

how is that relationship going? LMAO

Elbow
01-04-2009, 06:48 PM
wow. that was ALMOST FUNNY!:no:

how is that relationship going? LMAO

Me and Autumn were never together :???: :???: :???: :???: lol, but that wasn't suppose to be funny I am serious. It's turned into a who can fuck Autumn contest and lets give Autumn tons of attention house.

FasTech
01-04-2009, 06:49 PM
I'm a WL post whore. That's where a shit load of my post came from. I don't try to act like I know everything or anything though.

Kevykev
01-04-2009, 06:53 PM
Its because of the rising MFR.

Member Failure Rate, most people on here are just....ah who am I to judge.

Halfwit
01-04-2009, 06:55 PM
i took a 3 month break, then it got kinda fun again, just go with what you feel.

mike's02ls1
01-04-2009, 07:00 PM
Yeah I don't post much cause of the E-Thugs that get on here showing how hard they are, or how much they don't know shit.... I've seen this site grown from nothing to something.

silversol
01-04-2009, 07:09 PM
I get most of my post from my items I am selling, Don't get mad that I am posting items more then you forsale!lolol...:lmfao:

IN THAT CASE MAYBE YOU SHOULD PAY TO SPONSOR IA AS WELL.

FasTech
01-04-2009, 07:12 PM
IN THAT CASE MAYBE YOU SHOULD PAY TO SPONSOR IA AS WELL.

pwnt.

Atlblkz06
01-04-2009, 07:20 PM
This place is devoid of intelligence for the most part :(

OG-Skinny
01-04-2009, 07:22 PM
Tech5 posts material along the lines of;

- Yup
- lolololololol
- :gay: :gay: :gay: :gay: :lmfao: agree
- lololololol
- Ect.

You get the point. I remember when he first started post whoring. No one liked this guy and now that he has some fancy rep points and post counts he's some one who's post should be taken into consideration. :lmao: Rly?

AMEN.

mike's02ls1
01-04-2009, 07:25 PM
AMEN.Thread hijacked by the Taliban...
Yo skinny I see you still Bretts old hatch... How have you been?

quickdodge®
01-04-2009, 07:36 PM
This place is devoid of intelligence for the most part :(

You're right about that. Later, QD.

OG-Skinny
01-04-2009, 07:39 PM
Thread hijacked by the Taliban...
Yo skinny I see you still Bretts old hatch... How have you been?

Busy busy. Laying low, getting business going, starting my last semester at school Tuesday, then who knows. I want to move outta here.

I'm gonna miss ATL.

mike's02ls1
01-04-2009, 07:44 PM
Busy busy. Laying low, getting business going, starting my last semester at school Tuesday, then who knows. I want to move outta here.

I'm gonna miss ATL.Yep I want to move out to AZ close to family, and free daycare for my daughter...

SuperChicken
01-04-2009, 07:53 PM
Yeah I don't post much cause of the E-Thugs that get on here showing how hard they are, or how much they don't know shit.... I've seen this site grown from nothing to something.

True on the first part. The only place here that is of any real value to me is the Flea Market, where I met Tech5 (whom you guys prefer to slam). There is almost no useful tech info in the tech sections, and nothing but time-wasting, "I'm BOOOOORRRED" threads in WL. For those of us looking for substantial content, HondaTech is a MUCH better resource. Shame, too. I'm about fed the fuck up with E-thug pussies, and smart-assed retorts.:upchuck::jerkit::wgaf:

blacknightteg
01-04-2009, 08:02 PM
its slowly been decreasing in my opninion

Elbow
01-04-2009, 08:08 PM
True on the first part. The only place here that is of any real value to me is the Flea Market, where I met Tech5 (whom you guys prefer to slam). There is almost no useful tech info in the tech sections, and nothing but time-wasting, "I'm BOOOOORRRED" threads in WL. For those of us looking for substantial content, HondaTech is a MUCH better resource. Shame, too. I'm about fed the fuck up with E-thug pussies, and smart-assed retorts.:upchuck::jerkit::wgaf:

Who are you?

gtrmonkey
01-04-2009, 08:32 PM
It gotten boring a little bit. But everyone has there dought times. But it more active then most car forums in the humor since. I have never been on another forum were there is so much drama. IT fuckin epic. A forum that is so anti noob friendly. Ban Fridays and the whole nine 9 yard. It all great. It funny to see how seriously some people take the internet.

I would just like to thank everyone for helping make IA such a great experince.

SuperChicken
01-04-2009, 08:51 PM
Who are you?

I'm the motorcycle roadracer guy you met in the "advice to new rider" thread...:D Where, I might add, I gained a certain amount of respect for you.

osnap
01-04-2009, 08:52 PM
its seems im losing interest in everything recently.

Seymour222
01-04-2009, 09:52 PM
Well I have been on import atlanta for some time now (yes i know not as long as most) but for the first time, I am losing interest in the forum. Where did all the fun go? I remember i'd get on almost everyday and there was tons of funny or knowledgeable threads worth reading. Now I get on and it seems like no one is really online and those that do post make stupid shit that isnt worth looking at.

So how about everyone else? Losing interest or is the lulz still there??

Unfortunately, a lot of people enjoy worthless shit.

TheGodfather
01-04-2009, 09:54 PM
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg204/bakersfieldvwparts/untitled.jpg

Seymour222
01-04-2009, 09:55 PM
Richard Simmons is sexy.

0p7!mu5
01-05-2009, 12:58 AM
i kinda agree i have been slowin my roll jumpin on here as of late for anything more than the kills forum and lookin up parts and stuff. I havent seens a lot of interesting threads lately maybe its just the season or something.

4dmin
01-05-2009, 07:23 AM
it is always the same shit just another day - everyone says this kind of stuff this time of year... no events = lack of car love! things will pick up in the spring. as always.

Kevykev
01-05-2009, 08:20 AM
^ i was waiting for the cyclical response.

I believe that is a factor as well.

I do not post as much as i did back in IA's Prime Entertainment Year but i'm here dog.

Sammich
01-05-2009, 08:23 AM
does this mean u hate me?

Elbow
01-05-2009, 08:27 AM
I'm the motorcycle roadracer guy you met in the "advice to new rider" thread...:D Where, I might add, I gained a certain amount of respect for you.

Ohhh that's right, continue on :goodjob:

Ran
01-05-2009, 08:51 AM
I go through phases with websites. Sometimes I'll be really into IA, then later I'll lose interest and get into my anime site, then vice-versa. No biggie.

Double_0_Rusty
01-05-2009, 11:42 AM
I am a Whoreslounge whore, and Im here to stay!!!!!!!! Fuck the haters, puto.

SuperChicken
01-05-2009, 12:43 PM
Ohhh that's right, continue on :goodjob:

Thank you, kind sir, for the chuckle this site has been lacking for me!:cheers:

Killer
01-05-2009, 12:54 PM
yeah it's been lame.. and slow...

i don't whore as much as i use to...

90_ACCORD
01-05-2009, 12:55 PM
well the noobs are stupid/annoying and the ones that have been on here forever just put down everyone else.

ep9716
01-05-2009, 02:08 PM
Obama Will Fix It.

LizBiz
01-05-2009, 02:11 PM
I just think I'm getting too old for the WL.....

bigdare23
01-05-2009, 02:13 PM
^^^Young'n

LizBiz
01-05-2009, 02:19 PM
^^^ I got my greens and cornbread in mah front seat tho shawty!!!

bigdare23
01-05-2009, 02:20 PM
*runs*

The Yousef
01-05-2009, 06:26 PM
A: it's winter time so no one really get's on because of school and/or work and the car thing kinda dies down for the winter season

B: don't like it then GTFO --->

C: Brett wuvs donkey penis in his mouf.

JITB
01-05-2009, 08:03 PM
I just post pictures...and go in the flea market. sometimes ll catch a decent discussion goin on. but not too often.

DrivenMind
01-05-2009, 08:21 PM
The quality of posts has been going somewhat down hill for a while. There are some posts worth reading on IA occasionally, but it always amazes me how many of the posts here written at a kindergarten level.

TheGrillMan
01-06-2009, 01:03 AM
well since this thread make it past 3 pages id say ia isnt a fail quite yet

aguynamedpat
01-06-2009, 01:19 AM
Lack of basic grammar, and all the new people who think they are such e-thugs. I have to convince some of my buddies that there are good people on this site. Before I posted much I had the same view as a lot of them, how this site is full of a bunch of ricers who think their stock Honda is gods gift to man. Once I started posting I realized most of the people on here are good people, and not just little Honda rice-boys. The site is full of them, that's for sure, but when you have a site this big its bound to happen.

But on a side note, the lack of grammar and proper sentence structure has DISAPPEARED on this site. If English is not your first language that is understandable, but at least make an attempt to throw some periods and capital letters in your sentence! It is hard to read a whole post with no periods or capital letters. And that is what half of the posts on here consist of now. One of the sites I used to be on ALL the time was DSMtalk.com. They have a rule there that if you do not attempt to post in clear, legible English with at least an attempt at proper sentence structure, you get a warning then you will get banned. It may seem kind of neo-nazi, but it cleaned the site up a ton and made it a much more enjoyable place.

I like IA, I like the people I have met, and I like the flea market. I can contribute my car whoring to this site, and solely this site lol.

Me86Rob
01-06-2009, 12:31 PM
You are correct about that. "its about quality, not quantity"

that is something noobs need to learn. ive greatly cut down at the amount of posting i do for that very reason

osnap
01-06-2009, 12:47 PM
that is something noobs need to learn.
you've got at least another year or two before you can start calling people noobs.

Tracy
01-06-2009, 01:12 PM
It all goes in cycles. Sometimes it's fun, sometimes it sucks. Don't worry, you aren't the only one. You will see about 5 more of these threads in the coming days. That's a part of the cycle, too. Similar threads.

Next – I am all for proper grammar, but please don't preach it if you don't know it yourself :). That is one of my pet peeves – no hard feelings.

Echonova
01-06-2009, 04:12 PM

So how about everyone else? Losing interest or is the lulz still there??I had to take a break from it for a while because I would log in scroll through some worthless threads and log off pissed I wasted the time. I still have my love it/hate it days but most everyone I have met on here really is cool IRL. I just don't give a damn what MOST people post on here anymore or take it seriously. Inculding myself, but yes this is a serious answer.

I'm serious

For real.