PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods mild k20z3 vs. built B18c1

whizkid
01-03-2009, 08:23 PM
Just trying to see some other peoples ideas i know kseries cost dont care just give input.

First up

K20z3:
stock block
stock pistons 11:0:1 comp
stock rebuilt head 3angle valvejob
skunk2 stg 2 cams
CAI,headers(maybe battlegrnd):D ,
Jdm rsx ecu
2.5 custom catback

B18c1:
bored .25 over
stock p30(b16) pistons
stock rebuilt head 3angle valvejob
skunk2 pro2 cams
skunk2 valvetrain of course
tuned with hondata
CAI, 4-2-1 headers,2.5 catback
aebs manifold, skunk2 tb 68mm

Just post ya feedback on it if u know some good videos post address to view them :goodjob:

allmotorX
01-03-2009, 08:30 PM
dseries ftw!!! im out

stubbyda91
01-03-2009, 09:45 PM
a good built b series will de5troy a k, true story

Nang
01-03-2009, 11:50 PM
id take a K over that c1 setup

Vteckidd
01-03-2009, 11:54 PM
up a K Series NA will almost always beat a B series.

If price is not an issue, K is better

southside
01-04-2009, 12:13 AM
K FTMFW! and your not built if your using oem parts still throw some cps and eagle rods in that shit!You already know money aint a option with this one.

allmotorX
01-04-2009, 02:04 AM
a built d series will destroy both of these nuff said!!

whizkid
01-04-2009, 02:28 AM
^^^^ Must be on of those fully built boosted with spray, but seriously show a video not one of a fully built d-series vs. stock! Fully built vs. Fully built

allmotorX
01-04-2009, 06:57 AM
^^^^ Must be on of those fully built boosted with spray, but seriously show a video not one of a fully built d-series vs. stock! Fully built vs. Fully builti will wait till im done with mine

southside
01-04-2009, 08:34 AM
i will wait till im done with mineDriver Mod will rule all.And your dseries vs. that Kind of K = Worser Race Than you and Fuster_cluck:goodjob:

allmotorX
01-04-2009, 11:34 AM
Driver Mod will rule all.And your dseries vs. that Kind of K = Worser Race Than you and Fuster_cluck:goodjob:lmao ok we will see

i4_garage
01-04-2009, 01:09 PM
k series YAY! :boobies:

all-mota
01-04-2009, 08:13 PM
between the setups you posted your looking at a 190whp b series setup tuned if your lucky versus a 210whp or a little more on the k series setup. which one suits your goals.

Axix23
01-04-2009, 09:17 PM
why a z3 and not a z1 or a2?

whizkid
01-04-2009, 09:28 PM
Seemed most common at the moment lol doesnt matter seem the k-series on take the cake as long as it has cams

K20Z1
01-04-2009, 10:09 PM
K > B

E=MC˛
01-04-2009, 10:10 PM
i would vote K in this battle even though i have a c1 in my current car. jack the compression up a little more!

whizkid
01-04-2009, 10:51 PM
yea maybe 12:5:1 will do just throwing some numbers out there.

Vteckidd
01-04-2009, 11:19 PM
hp/1$ the B will be better.

THe K you have listed will cost you $10,000 if not more in parts and labor.

The B wont cost quite as much.

To be honest this is a stupid thread, and the responses from some are even more retarded.

With cams the K series can make good power, Chunky made around 210whp with his ITR pistons and ITR cams in his K20.

IF you are after NA power and price is not a factor, the K gives you alot more room to move around. They are easily capable of 250whp in street trim (meaning streetable)

B Series 250whp is almost not streetable as it is at the limits at that HP level.

If you just want to go fast, Boost a GSR, cheaper than both those.

I wouldnt do anything to a D series outside of a small turbo kit an 200whp. Anyhting over 200whp on a D from what i have seen just doesnt last

whizkid
01-05-2009, 12:18 AM
First if the thread is stupid thread why did u reply in the first place!:thinking:
saying
"up a K Series NA will almost always beat a B series."

"If price is not an issue, K is better"

You just contradicted yourself!!!:taun:

Second it does cost 10k dollars if you buy everything brand spankin new!!

:2cents: A k-series cost can be cut down if people take time and find better deals and do research on buying the k swap parts in different forums or ebay!:goodjob: :2cents:

Then you said the guys post were more retarded then the thread then gave a lil info on each of the categories K-series,B-series, and D-series.:thinking:

hp/1$ the B will be better.

THe K you have listed will cost you $10,000 if not more in parts and labor.

The B wont cost quite as much.

To be honest this is a stupid thread, and the responses from some are even more retarded.

With cams the K series can make good power, Chunky made around 210whp with his ITR pistons and ITR cams in his K20.

IF you are after NA power and price is not a factor, the K gives you alot more room to move around. They are easily capable of 250whp in street trim (meaning streetable)

B Series 250whp is almost not streetable as it is at the limits at that HP level.

If you just want to go fast, Boost a GSR, cheaper than both those.

I wouldnt do anything to a D series outside of a small turbo kit an 200whp. Anyhting over 200whp on a D from what i have seen just doesnt last

jdm_crx_man
01-05-2009, 07:01 AM
if n/a then k
if boost then b:goodjob:
boosting a k is always nice to but ive heard that its alot of fab wok
what is this power plant going in?

SCtuneguy
01-05-2009, 09:31 AM
No, he actually didn't contradict himself in the 2 lines you chose to highlight. He said (in paraphrase): "a NA K will beat a B" and "K is better." You failed to highlight any contradictory statement. And I think what he means when he says the thread is stupid is, you're going to get dumb answers on a public forum with few people actually having experience and expertise. The research one could do on his own would yield a much better answer to the question posed. :goodjob:

First if the thread is stupid thread why did u reply in the first place!:thinking:
saying

:2cents: A k-series cost can be cut down if people take time and find better deals and do research on buying the k swap parts in different forums or ebay!:goodjob: :2cents:

Then you said the guys post were more retarded then the thread then gave a lil info on each of the categories K-series,B-series, and D-series.:thinking:

ejohnson88
01-05-2009, 10:02 AM
Funny thing is I made 210whp with a Stock K20A2.... without cams and it being tuned... I noticed you didn't put any kind of tuning on the K which would be COMPLETELY NECESSARY if you want that thing to run right with CAMS... I know my Motor put down around 190whp with a basemap... But my car was done right... Also with the SI motor, you are talking about a throttle by Ecu Setup, which currently doesn't have any Hondata tuning available to it except for the Re-flash, so I would definitely go for a K20a2 or a K20a, because even with a K20z1, you are going to have to buy ADDITIONAL part's in order to use K-Pro, which by the way is by far the most commonly used tuning software for the K series... and well in my opinion the best :) But yeah a Stock K almost always beats a Built B. Start building the K, and well good luck finding an All Motor B that can take you...

In response to the guy saying you can do it cheaper... Yeah if you have half a year to a year to wait around for parts to become available then good luck finding better deals... Otherwise buy it in a condition that you can be sure of... Brand New.

b16hatchj
01-05-2009, 10:25 AM
glws

Vteckidd
01-05-2009, 10:48 AM
saying

This is precisely why this thread is stupid. because

1) YOu dont have the money to do either setup so who cares
2) this is all bench racing coming from people that have never had either setup so who cares
3) So a K Series swap with bolt ons is less than $10,000, please go for it since you know so much.
4) LOL@Ebay

This is as retarded as those "OMG THAT G23 IS A KILLA K SETUP!". Seriously, none of you guys have built ANYTHING so you have NO IDEA WHAT IT TAKES TO MAKE POWER OR WHAT IT COSTS. YOu go read some stupid article on the internet or from Honda Tuning an take it as gospel.

GO learn something kids

ejohnson88
01-05-2009, 12:29 PM
I'm not just blowing hot air here Mike :P So that's one Non-Bench warmer for you...

Vteckidd
01-05-2009, 12:31 PM
I'm not just blowing hot air here Mike :P So that's one Non-Bench warmer for you...
Oh i know, im saying the kids that make these threads every week are just hilarious.

Obviously i know you "paid to play" :)

ejohnson88
01-05-2009, 03:12 PM
and Play Every day and pretty much will for another 150k miles haha... OEM Factory Reliability FTMFW Baby!~

IntegraXTR
01-05-2009, 03:22 PM
I'm surprised no one has said anything about a b20/vtec setup versus a K. Personally, I have no experience with a k-swap so don't bash on me. But I've seen mildly built b20/v take on k-series. Plus it would cost you a fraction of the price of a K and does make decent power.

But if money is not a factor in this case, K>B....

ejohnson88
01-06-2009, 04:46 PM
now get a mildly built K and put it with them... and it's a whole different story.

94ex-vtec
01-06-2009, 06:53 PM
First off I have a k. With that said, I have raced several b series..... Latest being an Ls/vtec with a header and skunk 2 intake mani...wasn't even a race and would have taken another 75hp AT LEAST to have come somewhat close. You can do a very nice k swap for $6500 if you take your time and get good deals. If you are going to do a new setup go k, you will be more than happy. If you go b series hit me up when you are done......we'll see what the outcome is :) . I have also ran a 300hp boosted d16z6 del sol from a roll that was break boosting ....... He got his feelings hurt after I ran him down up top

LIKEG6
01-06-2009, 09:19 PM
K>B

Pretty much sums it up. I'm all about B-series but why do you think they came out with the K? Because they UPGRADED. Almost every Honda and Acura now has a K in it.

Anyways set ups I know first hand are

1.k20a2 CRX - intake, dc header, 3 in. kteller exhaust, K-pro, RDX injectors, RBC manifold, maybe a lightened flywheel made 204hp and ran a 12.7 on slicks

2.k20a2/k24 EG hatch - k24 stock bottom end(out of a CR-V), k20 head with valve springs and retainers, AFI kit w/ gt30r turbo, 880cc injectors, fuel rail and 255 fuel pump, pump gas, 14psi made 409hp and 321ft/lb. No times for that one yet because he is completely rebuilding it. Not even power for him lol

Might be missing a few things on there but that is most of it.

I'm gonna go turbo b16 and see how that goes for the second time and maybe eventually go K

Do what ya want thought man. Both of those would be fun to me but I know wayyy more about the B series than the K series

-S Double C-
01-06-2009, 10:06 PM
From what ive gathered over the years, K swaps are to much money, I ve seen countless H2B setups walk the shit outta k series (all motor form) id rather build a sleeved GSR and boost it oppose to spending the same amount for a stock swap. Ive thought of going k series a few times and id rather spend the money elsewhere. My supervisor at work is wanting to go k series and has actually came really close to buying some parts and starting it but i steered him away and he's happy i did. I have another friend who has got in debt trying to go k series and is now about to start selling his stuff.

-S Double C-
01-06-2009, 10:11 PM
First off I have a k. With that said, I have raced several b series..... Latest being an Ls/vtec with a header and skunk 2 intake mani...wasn't even a race and would have taken another 75hp AT LEAST to have come somewhat close. You can do a very nice k swap for $6500 if you take your time and get good deals. If you are going to do a new setup go k, you will be more than happy. If you go b series hit me up when you are done......we'll see what the outcome is :) . I have also ran a 300hp boosted d16z6 del sol from a roll that was break boosting ....... He got his feelings hurt after I ran him down up top

Ill put cash on it my boy's 300ish whp civic coupe will walk the shit outta your k series. Your 200ish whp is not gonna out run a damn 300whp boosted car on top end. Do you know what kinda times a 300whp d series will run? That del sol if it really had 300whp would be a 11 sec car with a good driver. And i have yet to see a stock or near stock k20 dig into 11's

Vteckidd
01-06-2009, 11:09 PM
i dunno my 240whp B series walked all over a K20 EG with a Greddy turbo kit prob around the 270-300whp mark.

southside
01-06-2009, 11:11 PM
i dunno my 240whp B series walked all over a K20 EG with a Greddy turbo kit prob around the 270-300whp mark.Alot of people said you never tracked that car,or ran it?Whats up with that?

Vteckidd
01-06-2009, 11:20 PM
Alot of people said you never tracked that car,or ran it?Whats up with that?
it was a street car an i never ran it at the track. I street raced it plenty of times, beat alot of cars.

I got old, and it wasnt fast enough for me, so i parted it out an built my 700whp 2JZ 240 that blew up on the first pass at the track.

Thats when i decided i was done with cars.

but i had a 190whp CRX that pretty much beat up on everything for years, that precluded my 240whp CRX. Thats how i got my rep.

Most people dont remember the big motor CRX, i didnt flaunt it around an street race it like i did my old one. Just wasnt that important to me.

-S Double C-
01-06-2009, 11:41 PM
i dunno my 240whp B series walked all over a K20 EG with a Greddy turbo kit prob around the 270-300whp mark.

I feel where your coming from mike but ive seen 400whp k series hatches running mid 11's cause of the weight, 400whp b series run low 11's high 10's and ive seen 400whp d series run 10's. Ive heard of stock motor boosted h2b setup going 10's but i can verify it.

Vteckidd
01-06-2009, 11:46 PM
oh my point was its about the driver. i was being sarcastic but i guess it wasnt noticeable.

Anyone can beat anything on the street. ive seen 700whp street cars lose to 350whp 240s.

-S Double C-
01-07-2009, 10:17 AM
didnt catch on haha...yeah i out ran a 444 whp evo in my near stock sr20 swaped s13 that david owns now.

94ex-vtec
01-07-2009, 10:33 AM
Ill put cash on it my boy's 300ish whp civic coupe will walk the shit outta your k series. Your 200ish whp is not gonna out run a damn 300whp boosted car on top end. Do you know what kinda times a 300whp d series will run? That del sol if it really had 300whp would be a 11 sec car with a good driver. And i have yet to see a stock or near stock k20 dig into 11's
I am very familiar with turbo d16s as I used to have one myself. Is your friends setup d or b series? B series as we all know are more efficient........I'd be down for a run either way,you can send me a pm.

LIKEG6
01-07-2009, 02:06 PM
I am very familiar with turbo d16s as I used to have one myself. Is your friends setup d or b series? B series as we all know are more efficient........I'd be down for a run either way,you can send me a pm.

good luck on that one

94ex-vtec
01-07-2009, 02:35 PM
good luck on that one Not really looking to start stuff or talk some stupid internet BS smack talk. I am a laid back type of guy, thats just me. For the most part i know what will come close to or outrun my car. To be honest havent ran a boosted b-series yet.....been wanting to for a while just to see how close i can run with a 300-350 boosted B-series. If this "coupe" is a boosted B with anything over 300 at all....yeah i'll prolly get walked, especially if he has a nice turbo that spools up decently.

Like i said, not here trying to talk smack or open the " k vs. the rest of the world" can of worms.......just telling you what happened. I know what my car does, how fast it is, etc......if i get beat oh well its all about having a good time to me and hanging out with cool people who like cars like i do:goodjob:

I would like to run a 300hp or so boosted B and an H2b setup to see what happens.

VickNotic
01-07-2009, 03:08 PM
video is awhile ago but here is a buddy of mine a Ls/vtec 4dr civic against a k20 hatch! you can see it sometimes comes down to a good driver! 8D some have seen this car around!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9iVeokoAHc&feature=channel_page

94ex-vtec
01-07-2009, 03:16 PM
video is awhile ago but here is a buddy of mine a Ls/vtec 4dr civic against a k20 hatch! you can see it sometimes comes down to a good driver! 8D some have seen this car around!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9iVeokoAHc&feature=channel_page

What all is done to the LS/vtec and what is done to the k20 hatch?? Are either tuned..street or dyno??

RotiEatter
01-07-2009, 04:42 PM
Man o Man, IA at its best.

You guys don't think a slightly under-powered K can't beat a more powerful D,B, or H?? Turbo doesn't mean the car is automatically super fast, a lot of boosted cars are jokes.

I've personally seen a video of a NA K20/K24 EJ1 beat a 300-whp D-del sol.

Most of you guys honestly have no real knowledge of fast cars. IA has been that way for the past ten or so years no.

I know VTECKIDD personally and I know his CRX was very fast. Sure it didn't put down amazing numbers, but the car had a good powerband, good gearing, and was very lightweight. One of my favorite CRXs from the Atlanta area, miss that car.

IntegraXTR
01-07-2009, 05:13 PM
[QUOTE=YouKnowIt]video is awhile ago but here is a buddy of mine a Ls/vtec 4dr civic against a k20 hatch! you can see it sometimes comes down to a good driver! 8D some have seen this car around!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9iVeokoAHc&feature=channel_page[/QUOTE

would that guy happen to work at honda and is hmong?

allmotorX
01-07-2009, 05:33 PM
all motor single cammin http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIxExltqvt8

VickNotic
01-07-2009, 05:58 PM
[QUOTE=YouKnowIt]video is awhile ago but here is a buddy of mine a Ls/vtec 4dr civic against a k20 hatch! you can see it sometimes comes down to a good driver! 8D some have seen this car around!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9iVeokoAHc&feature=channel_page[/QUOTE

would that guy happen to work at honda and is hmong?

hmong :goodjob:, work @ honda iono!

-S Double C-
01-07-2009, 07:38 PM

pick your choice my supervisor has a boosted b16 hatch that made 445whp on 16lbs and pump gas or you can run my g/f's brothers piston/rod d16 coupe that dynoed 326whp on 18lbs and pump before his new turbo upgrade. The hatch does have a good bit of lag but thats what reving to 10k is for. Pm me your number and we can get up this weekend. Ill also run you in my old 273whp teg if it's a better match.

h22ek
01-08-2009, 09:10 AM
K over B, but i like my H torque, i have never lost to an rsx type s , but they arent far behind lol, im prolly gonna do a k swap soon, its just newer better engine technology.

-S Double C-
01-08-2009, 04:54 PM
most h swaps run mid to high 12's on slicks and i dont see a rsx running better then a mid 13 nearly stock

southside
01-08-2009, 05:03 PM
K over B, but i like my H torque, i have never lost to an rsx type s , but they arent far behind lol, im prolly gonna do a k swap soon, its just newer better engine technology.You have a H22 ek and you brag about beating Rsx:lmfao: Run 3.5L Altimas and walk them

allmotorX
01-08-2009, 05:18 PM
You have a H22 ek and you brag about beating Rsx:lmfao: Run 3.5L Altimas and walk themlol

IntegraXTR
01-09-2009, 04:45 PM
[QUOTE=IntegraXTR]

hmong :goodjob:, work @ honda iono!

yeh, his brother tiali use to work with me. If its the same guy and same car, that shit is a freakin beast! I don't think a k-swapped car is going to beat that.

Sunny_B13
01-09-2009, 07:03 PM
^^^2 dif ppl..both r bros of T-bone

jdmda9
01-09-2009, 08:52 PM
while you playin, two of my boyz ran a while ago. one had a jdm itr in a gutted dc teg and the other had a stock ex ej civic only with a ebay turbo kit on 7psi. from a 2nd gear roll, the single cam totally walked on one of hondas best 4 cylinder motors. not saying anything about itr's, just thought id share why single cams arent to be underestimated.

anywayz, go k-series bro. its well worth every last penny!:goodjob:
^^^^ Must be on of those fully built boosted with spray, but seriously show a video not one of a fully built d-series vs. stock! Fully built vs. Fully built

whizkid
01-09-2009, 10:30 PM
oh naw i never under estimate anyone! but digs show true experience:D
but i think from a dig the sohc would have been maybe a half a car behind the itr if drivers were on point.

while you playin, two of my boyz ran a while ago. one had a jdm itr in a gutted dc teg and the other had a stock ex ej civic only with a ebay turbo kit on 7psi. from a 2nd gear roll, the single cam totally walked on one of hondas best 4 cylinder motors. not saying anything about itr's, just thought id share why single cams arent to be underestimated.

anywayz, go k-series bro. its well worth every last penny!:goodjob:

southside
01-10-2009, 11:51 PM
Boost vs All Motor from a roll of course boost is going to win but evenly matched sohc will get destroyed.

allmotorX
01-11-2009, 06:05 AM
Boost vs All Motor from a roll of course boost is going to win but evenly matched sohc will get destroyed.i dont think so

southside
01-11-2009, 07:24 AM
I know so street tires to street tires equals alot of spinning for the boost guys.

VickNotic
01-12-2009, 03:40 PM
[QUOTE=YouKnowIt]

yeh, his brother tiali use to work with me. If its the same guy and same car, that shit is a freakin beast! I don't think a k-swapped car is going to beat that.

yes SIR we're talking bout the same person brotha hahaa, but u know. he's got something up his sleeves now hahaah

yunglaosta
01-14-2009, 05:42 PM
fully built k will destroy a fully built b

allen8603
01-15-2009, 01:24 AM
k
u will always have room to grow but honestly h series is a k-killer...comparable power at lower prices

Jdm94Coupe
01-15-2009, 09:05 AM
k
u will always have room to grow but honestly h series is a k-killer...comparable power at lower prices

and you would know! LOL.... agreed allen!.... why no mention of H2B in this discussion?

IntegraXTR
01-16-2009, 08:49 PM
[QUOTE=IntegraXTR]

yes SIR we're talking bout the same person brotha hahaa, but u know. he's got something up his sleeves now hahaah

Yeh I heard about the new build going on. The 4dr is no more and the new candidate is a hatch correct?

Anyways, to those out there that still believe b-series will lose to K's, this guy that we're talking about will show you what a 1.8L can do. And it was in a 4DR btw.

fredy123
01-25-2009, 08:10 PM
a good built b series will de5troy a k, true story

Hows this possible :2up:

fredy123
01-25-2009, 08:12 PM
k series YAY! :boobies:

:goodjob: Bigger motor should yield more power

fredy123
01-25-2009, 08:17 PM

LOL.:D
I myself, an Rsx-S driver, raced my 'migo Mike, who drives a semi-built b16 on a 4door EK. No competition my Rsx was just too insanely fast..He put some excuse about his car not running right..

I-vtech rulez end of story

allmotorX
01-26-2009, 04:43 AM
LOL.:D
I myself, an Rsx-S driver, raced my 'migo Mike, who drives a semi-built b16 on a 4door EK. No competition my Rsx was just too insanely fast..He put some excuse about his car not running right..

I-vtech rulez end of storylmao:lmfao: :screwy: ill destroy that type s with me single cam end of story