PDA

View Full Version : 240sx 911!

swaythecoupe
01-02-2009, 09:51 PM
Ive been having heating problems. its not that serious and im pretty sure that everything else is fine. my problem is this. the 240 will run fine at idle for a long ass time. it drives but after about five minutes of driving it the radiator hoses build up pressure and the car reads hot. i have been running water in the system now because of the issue. i thought that it might have been a clogged system, so i ran a strong flush through the system. after that it had the problem still. so i figured that maybe the thermostat was stuck. so i got a new one. still he same problem. so i changed he water pump. and now im still in the same boat. a friend of mine said that the cooling system might have air in it which is causing steam in the motor but he doesnt know the exact way to get the air out of the system. if anyone knows what else it could be or how to bleed the air in the system. let me know please.

STRteg
01-02-2009, 10:03 PM
maybe radiator problems??? fans not running???

Benefit
01-02-2009, 10:17 PM
bleed it..theres air in the system..theres a screw somewhere, just unbolt it and wait until it starts coming out and put it back in

stubbyda91
01-02-2009, 10:17 PM
run the car for a few minutes with the radiator cap off and all the bubbles should flow out the top. if not get the special tool that hooks on top of the radiator and has a connection to a air compressor it has a switch and it you turn it one way it will suck out all the air in your system and there is another hose you stick down in a gallon of anti freeze turn the switch the other way and it will fill your radiator with anti freeze. disconnect and top off, your problem should be solved. (only do this if the first option dont work)

swaythecoupe
01-03-2009, 10:15 AM
ok i found the screw to bleed it. i have been bleeding it for the past couple of hours. but im supposed to remove he screw completely? or am i to hold it there? does the car have to be running?

- i kinda dont have a way to find anyone with the compressor tool. thanks tho.

SuperChicken
01-03-2009, 05:59 PM
If it is a true bleeder screw, you only need to crack it open, and run the engine until only coolant flows out. Then close it. Also, running with the radiator cap off until all bubbles are gone is good advice. Both ways work.

swaythecoupe
01-15-2009, 05:17 PM
ok ive tried that now a couple different ways and its a no go. interesting note is that it builds alot of pressure on the uppper radiator hose but i ran a compression test on it and all four cylinders are getting to 75 is that normal or should i be pissed off? i ran a coolent pressure test and it held fluid. and i beld the shit out of it but it still has the problem. the thermostat is changed, and my fan clutch and water pump are new. any ideas?

Mr.RedLine
01-15-2009, 06:18 PM
im almsot having the same problem wit my 240 i have not heat at all nd i replaced all hoses nd the thermo..a buddy of mine thinks that my heater core is clogged up so that could b a problem also..do u have heat?? if u do then idk wat could b wrong wit yur whip..nd use 50/50 antifreeze..

swaythecoupe
01-15-2009, 06:22 PM
yes i do have heat. and i have been usuing 50/50. but it has a shit ton of pressure on the upper rad. hose.

Mr.RedLine
01-15-2009, 06:33 PM
idk cuz mine overheated once nd i new it was my thermo.. does yur bottom hose have any pressure build up??

swaythecoupe
01-15-2009, 06:37 PM
nope, just the upper shit. but the thermo is damn new.

Mr.RedLine
01-15-2009, 06:38 PM
did u change the waterpump??

swaythecoupe
01-15-2009, 06:42 PM
yep sure did. three times

Mr.RedLine
01-15-2009, 06:57 PM
wow that sucks..