PDA

View Full Version : Did your parents "beat" you?

tony
01-02-2009, 06:27 PM
Judging by the posts I see I doubt it. But simple question.. simple answer, its a subject of debate amongst friends.

I've wooped my son twice, my dad might have wooped me the same amount of times. He passed down the notion that the fear will translate to discipline.. and once there is discipline beatings aren't needed. Worked for him.. works for me. (my mom and oldest sister did get me a few times)

I see these little badasses in Wal Mart acting up and to me.. its the result of the lack of a good ass beating. Just my opinion, whats yours?

Ed
01-02-2009, 06:28 PM
yeah. my mom beat the shit out of me. i never had a dad to, so she played both roles.

im gonna beat my children too. most white people are too scared to beat their children or something, i dont know what it is about them.

alpine_aw11
01-02-2009, 06:29 PM
I beat my parents.

OneSlow5pt0
01-02-2009, 06:29 PM
lol..........i was never beaten

Halfwit
01-02-2009, 06:30 PM
yep. by mother and father. dunno if thats why i turned out the way i did (pretty well behaved and respectful) or not, but i got hit when bad. then at like 11-12 i jsut got grounded, ect.

Ed
01-02-2009, 06:30 PM
lol..........i was never beaten

my point exactly. white folks never beat their children

Scotsman
01-02-2009, 06:31 PM
i totally agree with you , America has become sissyfied! my mom used to beat me with a belt when i was growin up , i learned a lot of respect for my elders due to my whippins

OneSlow5pt0
01-02-2009, 06:32 PM

they never had a reason too.........but id let my wife do it,not me.

The Ninja
01-02-2009, 06:33 PM
I got beat by my mom, pops wasn't around. There were times he was though, and I had happened to act up the same time so yea he probably beat me a couple times. 1-2 times ain't shit.

Scotsman
they never had a reason too.........but id let my wife do it,not me.lol , i'd let your wife :nautjerk: me too ,lol

Ed
they never had a reason too.........but id let my wife do it,not me.
dont get me wrong i didnt say you were bad or anything. just used you as an example since you are white and never got beaten. :lmfao:

mulletman

Catnip
01-02-2009, 06:34 PM
My parents wouldn't hesitate to beat me when I deserved it, and it kept me in line most of the time (of course a child will act up, regardless).

I totally plan on punishing my child the same way.

MongolPup
01-02-2009, 06:35 PM
My parents didn't beat me and I don't plan on beating my children.

alpine_aw11
In all seriousness though, I got punished. My kids will to. I'm tired of looking at all these pussy ass kids who get everything they want from their parents. If I have a whiny little bastard of a child I'm going to beat some manliness into him.

Princess12
I guess my parents never "beat" me lol, but I was spanked as a child, and I will have absolutely problem spanking my daughter.

OneSlow5pt0
01-02-2009, 06:36 PM
dont get me wrong i didnt say you were bad or anything. just used you as an example since you are white and never got beaten. :lmfao:

mulletman

lol,u caught me........i think being white is also why i listen to metal and drive a camaro.

its my skin's fault. :(

Ed
01-02-2009, 06:37 PM
MongolPup was a spoiled brat.

LOL

The Ninja
01-02-2009, 06:38 PM
"spank" sounds like pussy shit.

Tell a kid you're going to spank them.

Now tell the same kid you're going to beat them.

Which is more effective?

TheGrillMan
01-02-2009, 06:38 PM
a switch was taken to my ass a few times when i was a kid

i blame me being respectfull and mature IRL to that

tony
01-02-2009, 06:40 PM
You know.. my mom beating me didnt have the same effect of my dad doing it. I was scared shitless of my dad, with my mom a beating just meant I need to find another way of accomplishing whatever I was doing.

Mr. Antonov
yeah I've been set straight by my parents a bunch of times when I was little.. I definitely think it worked, and I think through that I've gained respect.

Vteckidd
I was "beat" even though i think thats too strong a term. I would get a nice 'whack" on my butt when i was younger if i got out of line.

But anything past 10 years old in my mind i dont remember anything.

There was one time when i was 16 (i was a complete asshole and extremely dissrespectfull) i mouthed off something nasty to my mother. All i remember is my Dad running around a corner , grabbing me by my shirt and pinning me up against a wall saying "what did you say"

lol

THat was the last time i was nasty to my mother. From then on it was respect.

MongolPup
This is an excellent thread topic. I'm not in the mood but I'll eventually write a serious/long response. I can see both sides of it, but a lack of discipline comes from more then just not being physically punished. There are so many ways to accomplish the same thing.

MongolPup
01-02-2009, 06:41 PM
1) Mike, what did you say to your mom?

2) Ed, Portuguese is weak sauce.

Ed
01-02-2009, 06:44 PM

At least i wasnt a brat. :lmfao:

Whitey

OneSlow5pt0
01-02-2009, 06:46 PM
o snap

kids wildin out

Catnip
01-02-2009, 06:47 PM
I was scared shitless of my dad.

lol

Ed
01-02-2009, 06:48 PM
I was scared shitless of my dad.

lol

i tried not to beat you so hard. :lmfao:

Atlblkz06
01-02-2009, 06:49 PM
I will have absolutely problem spanking my daughter.

Is that a YES or a NO? :lmfao:

Vteckidd
01-02-2009, 06:50 PM

IIRC she told me to take the trash out and i said "make me" as i walked off.

Catnip
i tried not to beat you so hard. :lmfao:

BUT YOU DID! :(

§treet_§peed
i used to get beat with whatever was closest to my grandparents or mom. if i ran they would throw, dishes, pots, pans, anything heavy at me then when it knock me down they would whoop me harder.

Atlblkz06
01-02-2009, 06:51 PM
My folks scared me by mentioning our neighbor... I'm not even kidding.

My "time-out" was in the balcony - where you could see these two 15 foot wide condenser fans which also scared me shitless.

MongolPup
01-02-2009, 06:52 PM
At least i wasnt a brat. :lmfao:

Whitey

I'll get your whole goddamn family deported asshat.

"B"
I was beaten with a 2x4 by my father when I was in middle school. I don't remember what I did. My mom, on the other hand, stopped trying when she spanked me at 10 and I laughed at her.

Atlblkz06
i used to get beat with whatever was closest to my grandparents or mom. if i ran they would throw, dishes, pots, pans, anything heavy at me then when it knock me down they would whoop me harder.
:lmfao: Sorry thats hilarious! :lmfao:

AirMax95
01-02-2009, 07:02 PM
Yeap, I was beaten/spanked/whacked, whatever you want to call it.

My dad was the fire training chief at Dobbins, and their belts where SUPER thick.

If I got in trouble at school, my teacher (family friend) whopped my ass. Then my mom would pick me up from school and proceed to whoop my ass. Then, she would call my dad. When he got home, I cried before he even pulled the belt off.

Bottom line, respect was earned real quick. I turned out pretty good. Kids nowadays really don't care about consequences of actions.

§treet_§peed
01-02-2009, 07:05 PM
:lmfao: Sorry thats hilarious! :lmfao:yeah i look back on those days and miss them since my grandparents passed. i wish my grandma could throw another iron skillet at me... :(

Elbow
01-02-2009, 07:08 PM
Never beaten, teaches nothing.

AirMax95
01-02-2009, 07:09 PM
yeah i look back on those days and miss them since my grandparents passed. i wish my grandma could throw another iron skillet at me... :(

Thats how I feel about my dad. I wish he was here to beat my ass when I did dumb shit past 2003 :(

§treet_§peed
01-02-2009, 07:16 PM
Never beaten, teaches nothing.y64'd be surprised. thats whats wrong with 99.99% of kids these days.

MongolPup
01-02-2009, 07:17 PM
y64'd be surprised. thats whats wrong with 99.99% of kids these days.

How do you hit 64? I know it's the same spacing as ou (one key away) but it is up and to the right.

Scotsman
01-02-2009, 07:19 PM
How do you hit 64? I know it's the same spacing as ou (one key away) but it is up and to the right.maybe too many beatins?

imbosile
01-02-2009, 07:20 PM
You know.. my mom beating me didnt have the same effect of my dad doing it. I was scared shitless of my dad, with my mom a beating just meant I need to find another was of accomplishing whatever I was doing.

Haha this is pretty much how I remember my childhood being. :goodjob:

MongolPup
maybe too many beatins?

I mean if you get hit in the head enough times, it's going to mess you up. Look at the greatest boxer of all time.

Not saying getting a beating involves hitting the kid in the head.

Elbow
y64'd be surprised. thats whats wrong with 99.99% of kids these days.

Hmmm I don't think so, I was never beaten, many of my friends weren't, and we all turned out fine :???:

Catnip
01-02-2009, 07:21 PM
Hmmm I don't think so, I was never beaten, many of my friends weren't, and we all turned out fine :???:

If you're referring to Jesse, you have no arguement :lmao:

§treet_§peed
01-02-2009, 07:29 PM
How do you hit 64? I know it's the same spacing as ou (one key away) but it is up and to the right.i hit the num lock button on accident and didn't notice those letters

§treet_§peed
01-02-2009, 07:30 PM
i was hit in the head with a pocket book that had a brick in my mom used to keep just for throwing at me and my little brother when we would try to run. i also was hit in the head a few times with a frying pan. maybe thats what happened i was also dropped on my head twice as a baby.

BKgen®
01-02-2009, 07:46 PM

bullshit.

my dad beat me w/the belt, and my mom.... well.... she'd beat me with whatever she could find.

OneSlow5pt0
01-02-2009, 07:47 PM
do white kids get beat with shoes?or is that only black kids?

BKgen®
01-02-2009, 07:51 PM
black kids get beat with logic.

OneSlow5pt0
01-02-2009, 07:51 PM
black kids get beat with logic.

BAHAHA

LizBiz
01-02-2009, 08:06 PM
Hell yeah I got beat all the time as a kid. Had to go out back and get a switch when I'd be at my grandma's house. My mom had a switch too, my dad would use the belt, but he didn't do it much so my mom would grab his belt. Which reminds me.....

Didn't
I
Tell
You
to
put
those
rubber
bands
back
on
the
table

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

AirMax95
01-02-2009, 08:24 PM
Hell yeah I got beat all the time as a kid. Had to go out back and get a switch when I'd be at my grandma's house. My mom had a switch too, my dad would use the belt, but he didn't do it much so my mom would grab his belt. Which reminds me.....

Didn't
I
Tell
You
to
put
those
rubber
bands
back
on
the
table

those are the worst!!! They never ended :(

MongolPup
01-02-2009, 08:26 PM
those are the worst!!! They never ended :(

I'm glad you guys are identifying with each other and bonding over potentially traumatic events.

SloWRX
01-02-2009, 08:38 PM
hell i got beat with everything and anything my mom could grab lol but i was always more scared of my dads beatings and yes, i plan on disciplining my children the same way. Nothing pisses me off more than a lil brat running around stores and screaming at his mother to buy him something

OneSlow5pt0
01-02-2009, 08:45 PM
hell i got beat with everything and anything my mom could grab lol but i was always more scared of my dads beatings and yes, i plan on disciplining my children the same way. Nothing pisses me off more than a lil brat running around stores and screaming at his mother to buy him something

thats called being spoiled and getting thier way.....like i said i was never hit,and im very respectful and know how to act...but i guess growing up in a hospital helps too

SmackedInATL
01-02-2009, 08:56 PM
I've had a belt taken to my ass many times when I was little. It stopped about 7th grade I think.

IMPORTchic
01-02-2009, 08:56 PM
My mom would always back hand me or grab a belt and chase me through the house when she could catch me (that was until the day I grabbed it and slug it back at about the age of 13...hahah) and my dad beat me and my step brother with a wooden spoon. I kid you not. It would leave bruises for weeks!

Catnip
01-02-2009, 09:02 PM
My mom would always back hand me or grab a belt and chase me through the house when she could catch me (that was until the day I grabbed it and slug it back at about the age of 13...hahah) and my dad beat me and my step brother with a wooden spoon. I kid you not. It would leave bruises for weeks!

My mom broke a few wooden spoons on my ass :lmao:

Justin.
01-02-2009, 09:06 PM
My dad used to send me outside to pick out the switch I was about to get beat with, I'd bring back a tiny one and he would send me back out to get one of his liking or he was going outside to find the best one.

BKgen®
01-02-2009, 09:10 PM
My mom broke a few wooden spoons in my ass :lmao:

is that why you like things up your ass?

OneSlow5pt0
01-02-2009, 09:11 PM
is that why you like things up your ass?

no,that would get lost

BKgen®
01-02-2009, 09:12 PM
no,that would get lost

speaking from experience? :ninja:

OneSlow5pt0
01-02-2009, 09:12 PM
speaking from experience? :ninja:

....i gotta go

BKgen®
01-02-2009, 09:14 PM
....i gotta go

quickdodge®
01-02-2009, 09:25 PM
most white people are too scared to beat their children or something, i dont know what it is about them.

Not true in my family. I grew up with my Mom and my grandparents. When I got it, I got it x3. Literally. They all took a turn. They would even give the principal permission when he would call them at work from school (elementary). I don't see a thing wrong with spanking as a form of discipline. Later, QD.

Scotsman
01-02-2009, 09:26 PM
Not true in my family. I grew up with my Mom and my grandparents. When I got it, I got it x3. Literally. They all took a turn. They would even give the principal permission when he would call them at work from school (elementary). I don't see a thing wrong with spanking as a form of discipline. Later, QD.qft

Justin.
01-02-2009, 09:48 PM
Shit I grew up in Texas, they didn't hesitate to take you out of class of take a paddle to your ass in the hallway.

4dmin
01-02-2009, 09:48 PM
fuck ya, my mom would pull off her shoes/sandals no matter where we were and smack the shit out of us... my did used the belt. once when my older brother was about 17 he mouthed off and my mom smacked him up side the head w/ a frying pan :lmao:

but i'm totally gonna spank my kids... they dont' like find a new home.

MongolPup
01-02-2009, 09:54 PM
God until I read this thread I thought kitchen utensils and stuff were for cooking!

The Ninja
01-02-2009, 10:03 PM

Even if you're lying, I can attest to this. I've watched (and laughed) as my older sister was beaten with a full bottle of bleach until it was empty...haha...makes me laugh thinkin of it.

Kevykev
01-02-2009, 10:12 PM
I got my ass beat once for pouring water in the TV (Thanks Bill Nye The Science Guy), wait there were a couple more times. I didn't get beat a lot at all since I was the last and a little favoritism shown.

I turned out fine.

Right?

MongolPup
01-02-2009, 10:13 PM
I got my ass beat once for pouring water in the TV (Thanks Bill Nye The Science Guy), wait there were a couple more times. I didn't get beat a lot at all since I was the last and a little favoritism shown.

I turned out fine.

Right?

Fuck no son you're all fucked up.

ironchef
01-02-2009, 11:05 PM
Only gotten hit like twice maybe, but I'd say I was raised fairly well, so I never really required getting a beating. Though if I have kids and they start to really act out, they're gonna get their ass kicked.

Catnip
01-02-2009, 11:10 PM
Even if you're lying, I can attest to this. I've watched (and laughed) as my older sister was beaten with a full bottle of bleach until it was empty...haha...makes me laugh thinkin of it.

lmao. is that why she is white now?

:ninja:

Crazy Asian
01-02-2009, 11:21 PM
I got a beating when I was kid by mom, man she'd scare me to death. But that was that time I didnt do something right. All the times in the store I just stared and walked with her. Actually ever since I was a kid I never wanted anything. Even my dad was perplexed. Heck for my Christmas present and birthday it was hard for him because he didnt know what to get.

Arm&hammer
01-03-2009, 12:03 AM
hell yeah i was beat.
my dad made me and my little brother stick our hands out and he would whoop our hands.
and if we were to cry he would whoop us even harder and he scared the hell out of me.
beatings are a part of growing up, and i am defiantly going to beat my kids.

STRteg
01-03-2009, 12:56 AM

Thats not true my grandpa use to give it to me hard when i was fukin up :cry:

amandDA
01-03-2009, 02:47 AM
yeah. my mom beat the shit out of me. i never had a dad to, so she played both roles.

im gonna beat my children too. most white people are too scared to beat their children or something, i dont know what it is about them.

agreed!:goodjob:

bigdare23
01-03-2009, 03:42 AM
I never got beaten.

I got my ASS WHOOPED!!!

List of weapons:
-hand
-belt
-switches (I used to have to pick out 3 and my mom braided those bitches together)
-flipflops
-towels
etc...

My mom used to whooped my ass to each damn word of a sentence. I used to get my ass whooped for the shit I did for the last whooping, and the shit I was going to do in the future :lmfao:

Nitro
01-03-2009, 04:15 AM
Awesome thread Tony :cheers:

god knows growing up in the islands i got a beating with whatever was nearby at the time....broom...belt....usually buckle end...pot....shoe....rolled up newspaper.......very extensive list:eek:

sometimes i would get called in casually like nothing was wrong & once i was in the shower (JAWS THEME MUSIC) i would be attacked :cry:

guess thats why im so hardcore gangster now :lmfao:

FasTech
01-03-2009, 04:22 AM
I can remember a few times I got my ass whooped. My parents didn't "beat" me but I got whoopens when I acted up.

Dr.G35
01-03-2009, 05:48 AM
my mom made me go outside and let me pick my own switches and if it was too small she would go out pick one about 3x the size. i also got "whoopins" with belts too. i think i turned out o.k. :D

Kasper
01-03-2009, 08:16 AM
My parents used to whoop the shit outa my sister and i! my dad used to have this belt that had holes all threw it that he used to whoop us with, i think the worst part though is if we were bad he would call us before he even left work and said that by the time he got home we had better be layen on our stomachs on our beds by the time he walked in the door or we would get whooped even worse! my mom tried to use the belt once but found she had a stronger right hook! and yes my kids will get there asses whooped if they get outa line! its a fact of life and parents who try to put there kids in "time out" instead of whoopen them should get whooped themselves! cause that is not punishment! only time out id be doin is time out waitin to get that ass whoopen!

quickdodge®
01-03-2009, 08:19 AM
i think i turned out o.k. :D

Same here. Later, QD.

LizBiz
01-03-2009, 08:21 AM
sometimes i would get called in casually like nothing was wrong & once i was in the shower (JAWS THEME MUSIC) i would be attacked :cry: Dang thoes ones while you were wet are the worst ones!!!!! I feel your pain. :lmfao:

Ed
01-03-2009, 08:36 AM
Thats not true my grandpa use to give it to me hard when i was fukin up :cry:

this can be taken into two contexts. lolol

Echonova
01-03-2009, 08:43 AM
I got a couple good ass-whoopens. After that my dad just had to threaten...