PDA

View Full Version : Talk show type question

FrnkPwrs
03-22-2005, 06:12 AM
Can they do DNA test before a baby is born? Any way possible to find out if a kid is yours before its born?

Rabunchic
03-22-2005, 09:48 AM
r u n trouble?

99SI
03-22-2005, 09:50 AM
I believe so, however, I am not positive. I believe they can take fluid from inside the womb or from the umbilical cord and get cells for dna there, but like I said I'm not positive.

Kevykev
03-22-2005, 09:52 AM
yes, if they can check for such conditions as spinal bifitah(sp?) while the child is in the womb, they should be able to draw amniotic fluid for DNA purposes.

That shit just sounds expensive though.

Rabunchic
03-22-2005, 09:53 AM
They could possibly do it by amniocentisis, because they can tell you what sex the baby is from the fluid so they should be able to do a DNA test also!

Kevykev
03-22-2005, 09:54 AM
They could possibly do it by amniocentisis, because they can tell you what sex the baby is from the fluid so they should be able to do a DNA test also!

Wait....hold on....Didn't I just say that??? :confused:

:goodjob:

Rabunchic
03-22-2005, 09:59 AM
You must have posted while I was typing mine. Damn Kev chill man Love ya!

TKellarB
03-22-2005, 10:02 AM
I believe the procedure you are referring is quite risky for the baby though.

Rabunchic
03-22-2005, 10:08 AM
An amnio isn't risky I had one with Jaxson, but as far as taking actual blood from the baby there is no way that I would allow that. But I don't see why they couldn't just use that fluid.

4dmin
03-22-2005, 10:12 AM
it too much trouble before a baby is born, just don't sign any papers that your the father until DNA test is done.

Jaimecbr900
03-22-2005, 10:39 AM
it too much trouble before a baby is born, just don't sign any papers that your the father until DNA test is done.

The planets must be aligning somewhere in outerspace cause that's the second post in a row that I totally agree with Paul...... ;)

He is absolutely correct. It's more trouble than it's worth. Besides, you really don't have child support or maintainance or anything like that until AFTER the baby is born anyway. If that is in question, make your beliefs be known ahead of time and don't sign the birth certificate. That will be your admission or acknowledgement of fathering that child, legally I believe.

Ms Dollar
03-22-2005, 11:01 AM
they can do a DNA test but it is very dangerous for the baby so they don't like to do the procedure until after the baby is born...
I have a friend goin through some shit where the father wants a DNA test bc he doesn't think it's his one day and the next day he does...crazy shit

uncle_el
03-22-2005, 06:15 PM
An amnio isn't risky I had one with Jaxson, but as far as taking actual blood from the baby there is no way that I would allow that. But I don't see why they couldn't just use that fluid.

either you weren't listening to your ob/gyn, or your ob/gyn didn't fully explain the risks and benefits of the procedure to you. amniocentesis has risks of infection, miscarriage, and preterm labor. depending on the study read, the risk is somewhere in the neighborhood of 1%. a low risk.. but then again that's 1 out of every 100 patients.

FrnkPwrs
03-22-2005, 07:44 PM
If itll hurt the baby, than ill sit out and just wait for it to be born. See, this chick is in Texas now, and her cousin is my communication link to her. She let me know there is a chance it could be someone elses. I do know that if the kid is mine, Imma do everything in my power to get my child, and thats why I want to know ASAP so that I can start budgeting and preparing right now.

carrascopa
03-22-2005, 08:26 PM
yo good luck with that franky P! i hope it works ou for the best bro

FrnkPwrs
03-22-2005, 08:27 PM
Thanks man. I hope it works out for me as well, LOL