PDA

View Full Version : Tint Ticket This Morning...WWYD?

DJ Maestro
01-02-2009, 12:20 PM
Ok, so I got a tint ticket this morning for the first time since I bought my Tib. The tint was already on it so I never knew exactly what the percentage was on it, but I knew it was really dark and really illegal. Anyways, I know what it is now.....a very impressive 2%. http://importatlanta.com/forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gif http://importatlanta.com/forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gif http://importatlanta.com/forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

Now, I have to pay for a tint ticket, which I am ok with. Sad part is that it was given to me by a city cop in a very small town that just so happens to be the town where I have to travel through everyday at least twice because I live just on the other side of it from the exit I get on and off from. This means that the chance is really high that this cop will see me again fairly regularly and I imagine that since he got me once he'll want to get me again if I don't take my tint off.

With all this in mind I present to you this question and subsequent poll....

What Would You Do? http://importatlanta.com/forums/images/smilies/confused.gif

***Poll coming. Be patient, wait for it, it's almost up.***

Ed
01-02-2009, 12:22 PM
where is the poll noob? lol

do a 35%. mine is 35%, it still looks good.

Thighs
01-02-2009, 12:22 PM
roll the windows down.

DJ Maestro
01-02-2009, 12:24 PM

do a 35%. mine is 35%, it still looks good.

Poll's up beyotch. :goodjob:

Ran
01-02-2009, 12:24 PM

do a 35%. mine is 35%, it still looks good.The legal limit in Georgia is 32% with a 3% leniency. I'm thinking about doing 30 myself.

DJ Maestro
01-02-2009, 12:26 PM
The legal limit in Georgia is 32% with a 3% leniency. I'm thinking about doing 30 myself.

The problem with that is the tint device tends to read low and not high. If you put 30% on then you may end up reading 27-28% and then you would be out of the leniency range. :doh:

Ran
01-02-2009, 12:27 PM
The problem with that is the tint device tends to read low and not high. If you put 30% on then you may end up reading 27-28% and then you would be out of the leniency range. :doh:Do what I do, keep the receipt in the glove box. :goodjob:

PURP
the last one looked the best for me, Joe. lol

SiRed94
I'd put another layer of 2% over your already 2%.

Ed
01-02-2009, 12:28 PM
I'd put another layer of 2% over your already 2%.

^ or you could do this

Alan®
01-02-2009, 12:30 PM
I have 35% on the sides 20% on the rear do that

BlkCD5
01-02-2009, 12:32 PM
Might as well rip off the old tint and go legal. A while back i heard that repeat offenders could get fined up to a grand and/or jail time.

Alan®
01-02-2009, 12:39 PM
Might as well rip off the old tint and go legal. A while back i heard that repeat offenders could get fined up to a grand and/or jail time.
SHENANIGANS

Humphrizzle
01-02-2009, 12:40 PM
thats like saying you can be jailed for no seatbelt...

DJ Maestro
01-02-2009, 12:40 PM

Yeah, I'm thinking I might as well go legal just to avoid getting busted for a repeat offense. Would it look bad to go 35% on my door windows and leave everything else 2%???? :thinking:

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm221/joemaestro/MyTibShoot2.jpg

Alan®
01-02-2009, 12:48 PM
Yeah, I'm thinking I might as well go legal just to avoid getting busted for a repeat offense. Would it look bad to go 35% on my door windows and leave everything else 2%???? :thinking:

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm221/joemaestro/MyTibShoot2.jpg
Yes and you won't be able to get away with it. Trust me 35 on the sides 20 on the rear hatch and youll be fine no one will touch you.

BKgen®
01-02-2009, 12:51 PM
FINALLY YOU GOT ONE!!!!! I KNEW IT!!!! JUSTICEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just do what i did (for both of mine). pay for it.

DJ Maestro
01-02-2009, 12:54 PM
FINALLY YOU GOT ONE!!!!! I KNEW IT!!!! JUSTICEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just do what i did (for both of mine). pay for it.

Hahahaha, I'm glad that I could brighten your day with my misfortune. :lmfao:

Of course I am going to pay for it, but I am still thinking of throwing the doors back to legal. :goodjob:

BKgen®
01-02-2009, 12:56 PM
leave it on. just keep your fingers at the ready in case you need to roll the windows down. :lmfao:

DJ Maestro
01-02-2009, 12:56 PM
leave it on. just keep your fingers at the ready in case you need to roll the windows down. :lmfao:

Can they not still pull me over to check them based on probable cause??? :thinking:

BKgen®
01-02-2009, 12:59 PM
Can they not still pull me over to check them based on probable cause??? :thinking:

They haven't got me since :dunno:

Just make sure they don't see you in the process of rolling them down. Gotta be quick :lmao:

Julio
01-02-2009, 12:59 PM
Just do 32% on your driver and passenger and roll with it.
There is a flaw in the Tint law unless they fix it or I was reading wrong.. BUt I think darker tint was allowed on AWD vehicles.. lol.. take advantage off that for the AWD people..
But since you have a Tibi, that doesnt matter to you..

But yeah, I would 32 the front..

tdurr
01-02-2009, 01:01 PM
if they they could prove their cause...
keep it and roll the windows down

DJ Maestro
Yeah, I think that is what I am going to do. Legal the fronts and leave everything else 2%. :goodjob:

BKgen®
Just do 32% on your driver and passenger and roll with it.
There is a flaw in the Tint law unless they fix it or I was reading wrong.. BUt I think darker tint was allowed on AWD vehicles.. lol.. take advantage off that for the AWD people..
But since you have a Tibi, that doesnt matter to you..

But yeah, I would 32 the front..

he could always weld a fake diff. cover between the rear wheels and tell the cops it's swapped :lmfao:

Princess12
01-02-2009, 01:07 PM
We had a similar issue with our civic, window tint, and small town cops. If they flag you for it once, you might as well just take care of the problem. They will continuously target you for it. It's their job, and since you are a frequenter into their city limits, you might as well just take it off or make it legal.

We ended up removing the 20% off the front two windows and replacing it with 32%.

Julio
01-02-2009, 01:20 PM
he could always weld a fake diff. cover between the rear wheels and tell the cops it's swapped :lmfao:

The law say's something about AWD/Off RD vehicles.. Just tell the cop " My Tiburon" Tears up the mountains.. In redneck voice " My Tiburon here will killl all them trucks down yonder, is a dirt dirty machine ah there sir officer"

:police:

STRteg
01-02-2009, 01:33 PM
Well actually it should be more or less a fix it ticket go to court on your court date and tell the judge you fixed it (after you have) and bring pictures of before and after and they should drop the ticket all together or you could just roll your windows down when your cruisin through that city and just pay your tickets

XLR8NMR2
01-02-2009, 01:33 PM
ive heard of someone getting a note from the eye doctor saying their eyes were very senstive to sunlight and in order to drive the vehicle it had to be equipped with a low percentage of tint to block it out.....

:ninja:

_Christian_
01-02-2009, 01:38 PM
I bought my car with 2% tint. I got a ticket for it, but changed my tint to 35% before my court day and got my fine dropped. I like 35% better anyways.

stillaneon
01-02-2009, 03:25 PM
thats like saying you can be jailed for no seatbelt...

You can.

Anytime you get a ticket, you are actually being arrested and released on an OR bond.

Window tint is actually a finger printable offense although you rarely go to jail for it while not having insurance is an automatic ticket to jail but it's not fingerprintable.

Atlblkz06
01-02-2009, 03:26 PM
Hey man hows it going - sorry to hear about the ticket. It sucks! But 2%.. :lmfao::lmfao:

Keep in mind that the OEM glass is not 100% - its usually ~88% or so (some will have this info near the logo in a corner). This explains why the gauges read lower than your tint %. So 35% on glass is down to 31%.

So even with 35% tint - you're in the grey area. I went with 35 on the DD and I'm about to get the Vette tinted 35% too. (Black car makes the tint look darker too)

_Christian_
01-02-2009, 03:47 PM
Keep in mind that the OEM glass is not 100% - its usually ~88% or so (some will have this info near the logo in a corner). This explains why the gauges read lower than your tint %. So 35% on glass is down to 31%.

Tis true. My 5% window tint equated to 2% on the coppers meter.

LIKEG6
01-02-2009, 05:52 PM
I have 20% and have never been pulled over

STRteg
01-03-2009, 12:46 AM
I just have the factory tint on my DC2 windows and it suits me just fine nice clean look too some people just tend to over do that stuff

blackboi50
01-03-2009, 12:56 AM
JOE leave it on there!!!!.........your car looks uber fly with it!!! i think it will look dumb without it!!!.....ive gotten 3 tint tickets in my car!!!!! but its always been G-nett PD and its been like 60 bucks!!!!

being a lil city cop its gonna be more!!!

with my last neon GSP read me at 2% and it was a 140 dollar ticket :eek:......

but LEAVE IT ON!!!!!....1

RL...
01-03-2009, 02:03 AM
I got pulled over tonight for only tint. The cop also wanted to search my car and accused me of having drugs....:tongue1:

I didn't let him search my car, he called k9, and the dog found nothing.

I then demanded him give me my citation and we can all be on our ways.

I would say keep it, but you will get pulled over again, and it's not worth the harassment for me anymore. I'm tired of these asshole crooked cops trying to find ways to fuk me over. They obviously have nothing better to do than to give ppl tint tickets. Wow justice is served...they must feel so proud...He even tried to get my passenger to falsely say that I had drugs in my car...

This is my 3rd tint ticket in 2 months, and I'm getting mine taken off asap....sigh......

as always fuk da police that are crooked and are worthless. They should've gotten curb stompoed in high school instead of just picked on. There are some good cops, but they are few and far...

FasTech
01-03-2009, 05:49 AM
I wouldn't take it off, but hey, I'm usually in the fucking zone and I'll judo chop a cop if he walks up to me.

Dr.G35
01-03-2009, 05:49 AM
take it to court. judges are normally pretty lenient. (sp?)

willum14pb
01-03-2009, 06:04 AM
clearly the very last choice is the only choice.

OG-Skinny
01-03-2009, 10:16 AM
take the top 2" off and put 35% on it. that's all the cop can read.

Or, get in good with a doctor and get him/her to say you have a caterac problem and you have to have super tinted windows.

civicsol
01-03-2009, 10:17 AM
if you take the tint off you wont have to pay for the ticket. this happen to me i had a ticket for 500 for having dark tint. so i took it off befor i went to court and they just drop the ticket.

Echonova
01-03-2009, 10:32 AM
I got pulled over tonight for only tint. The cop also wanted to search my car and accused me of having drugs....:tongue1:

I didn't let him search my car, he called k9, and the dog found nothing.

I then demanded him give me my citation and we can all be on our ways.

I would say keep it, but you will get pulled over again, and it's not worth the harassment for me anymore. I'm tired of these asshole crooked cops trying to find ways to fuk me over. They obviously have nothing better to do than to give ppl tint tickets. Wow justice is served...they must feel so proud...He even tried to get my passenger to falsely say that I had drugs in my car...

This is my 3rd tint ticket in 2 months, and I'm getting mine taken off asap....sigh......

as always fuk da police that are crooked and are worthless. They should've gotten curb stompoed in high school instead of just picked on. There are some good cops, but they are few and far...What did you have in the car that you didn't want him to find?

RL...
01-03-2009, 11:27 AM
What did you have in the car that you didn't want him to find?

nothing. I just didn't want to give in to the cops wishes because he felt the need to go out of his way, bust a u-turn, and pull me over for window tint, so I felt the need to go out of my way to be as much of an asshole as possible.

You get treated how you treat others....and if someone disrespects me then....

He just wanted to feel cool because he's in a r/t charger, is fat as fuck, makes 40k a year, has no life, and is mad that my car would spank his v8....:goodjob:

Echonova
01-03-2009, 11:50 AM
nothing. I just didn't want to give in to the cops wishes because he felt the need to go out of his way, bust a u-turn, and pull me over for window tint, so I felt the need to go out of my way to be as much of an asshole as possible.

You get treated how you treat others....and if someone disrespects me then....I have done the same thing to an asshole cop. I was just wondering if you were hiding somethig fo realz like a gun, etc...

I had a Saturn at one point, the tint was like 0% all the way around:lmfao: . Before moving my family back here from AZ, I drove out here to find a place to live. Coming down I-20 the cop dove across the median like I was on America's most wanted and pulls me over. I wasn't speeding, nothing. My car fit a "profile" of one they were looking for (Biege 4-door Saturn???) . Asks if he can search my car, I say "Why?" He anwsers that alot of drugs come from AZ...:rolleyes: So I say no. Long story short; K-9 unit, Supervisor and a warrant to search the car later...

I got a ticket for my tint when I didn't even live in this state yet.

RL...
01-03-2009, 02:06 PM
I have done the same thing to an asshole cop. I was just wondering if you were hiding somethig fo realz like a gun, etc...

I had a Saturn at one point, the tint was like 0% all the way around:lmfao: . Before moving my family back here from AZ, I drove out here to find a place to live. Coming down I-20 the cop dove across the median like I was on America's most wanted and pulls me over. I wasn't speeding, nothing. My car fit a "profile" of one they were looking for (Biege 4-door Saturn???) . Asks if he can search my car, I say "Why?" He anwsers that alot of drugs come from AZ...:rolleyes: So I say no. Long story short; K-9 unit, Supervisor and a warrant to search the car later...

I got a ticket for my tint when I didn't even live in this state yet.

I don't own any guns, I don't do/sell drugs, and I'm actually very big into health and fitness, so when a cop accuses me of having drugs....:2up:

I understand that we are wrong for window tint, but we should not be treated as scum of the earth just because I have blacked out windows. LOL Just because I wanted my car to be black on black themed.

I appreciate the cops who do a good job, but most of them are corrupt assholes mad at life because there life sucks. If he wanted to to give me a window tint ticket, he should've done so without harassing me and my passenger for 30-45 min and left it at that. It only takes about 2 min to write/print a citation out.

SEAN
01-03-2009, 10:00 PM
good luck with it all Joe...last time I was stopped was in Pendergrass...he let me go thank god...I have only gotten one ticket so far and that was the 1st week I owned the car 2 years ago and had to work in Athens...got stopped twice in 24 hours on 316...first cop was cool and let me go...second cop in Statham was a dick and gave me a ticket...I think it was around $75 or so...thank god the cops don't give you a tough time down here in FL...the tint limit is the same as GA I believe...