PDA

View Full Version : Misc Laptop question

FasTech
01-02-2009, 09:39 AM
I'm assuming this is the right section for this. If its not, please forgive me.

I just got this laptop and its a new Dell Mini Inspiron 9. When I go to get on the internet, it comes up saying "Firefox is currently in offline mode and can't browse the Web." My question is, How do I turn it on to Online mode.

I've tried to figure out how to do it but no luck. I feel really dumb, cause I'm usually pretty good with electronics but not this...haha

Any help would be great, Thanks IA.

Kaiser
01-02-2009, 10:09 AM
I'm assuming this is the right section for this. If its not, please forgive me.

I just got this laptop and its a new Dell Mini Inspiron 9. When I go to get on the internet, it comes up saying "Firefox is currently in offline mode and can't browse the Web." My question is, How do I turn it on to Online mode.

I've tried to figure out how to do it but no luck. I feel really dumb, cause I'm usually pretty good with electronics but not this...haha

Any help would be great, Thanks IA.

This isn't so much a question about the laptop hardware as the software you're using. The answer is, after establishing a solid internet connection, open firefox, click through it warning you about offline mode, go to the upper left hand corner where the "File" dropdown inhabits, open it and look to the very bottom where there is a line titled "Work Offline" It should have a checkmark next to it, click on it and the checkmark should go away and you should no longer be working in Offline mode.

AnthonyF
01-02-2009, 11:05 AM
totally wrong section.

-Ant.