PDA

View Full Version : Stock Thread

RandomGuy
09-14-2005, 08:38 PM
I want to get into the stock game. What are some good firms to go through. Investing wouldn't be too much, I will not be doing this for a profit ... but I woudlnt mind that also, just want to know the ins and outs, and get started, so maybe in the future I can make some bigger and smarter investments. What are some good websites to get me started. Anything I should be careful about starting off? Thanks alot.

I'm sure this thread would be helpful for some others, im also sure its somewhere on this forum too.. so :jerkit:

Danny
09-14-2005, 10:13 PM
if dont want to make a profit what do u want to do? i am a little lost?

also, do you want to daytrade/ fast swingtrade or long term?

ameritrade is the broker i use, have no complaints, great custumer service, and us APEX clients get treated really good. :)

alphatrade.com for L2s, 80 bucks a month if u need it.

5thgcelica
09-22-2005, 12:07 AM
i wanna know about this.... id love to make a little here and there. i know i cant do anything crazy right now... but i want to get going on this..

anyone got tips?

TranceDJ06
09-22-2005, 12:49 AM
Gasoline Market...hahah

Danny
09-22-2005, 09:20 AM
i wanna know about this.... id love to make a little here and there. i know i cant do anything crazy right now... but i want to get going on this..

anyone got tips?

TIPS:

( i am new to stocks myself )

1. Dont chase the bid inless ur a gangsta :)
2. Becareful, do your own DD
3. Dont blind purchase
4. Have a exit stratagey (SP?), know how to cut ur loses.
5. No one EVER lost money taking a profit
6. Pigs eat, hogs get slaughtered.
7. Paper trade at first to kinda get the swing of things.
8. Decided what type of trading u want to do? ( Daytrade high risk or low risk, long term, or medium term swing trade?)

Thats just what pops into my head.