PDA

View Full Version : Misc Gwinnett Coutny School things I dont understand...

FrnkPwrs
03-22-2005, 05:31 AM
Gwinnett County, I swear. My boy is talking to this chick that is still in highschool and so she got caught skipping school for the first time at gwinnett place mall. Back in the day in chicago we had truancy officers, no big deal, youd get saturday detention or something. But they are trying to panel her out/expel her from school. WTF is that? I can understand zero tolerance for drugs, guns, alcohol, in chicago you fight once, you are arrested and kicked out, but for ditching school? First time? Get da phuck outta here!

auxiliary
03-22-2005, 06:15 AM
maybe if your friend was a better influence on her, and told her the importance of finishing highschool then she might not have skipped.

FrnkPwrs
03-22-2005, 06:33 AM
Maybe if he knew that it was happening he could have interveened! Ask questions instead of assuming!

FrnkPwrs
03-22-2005, 06:36 AM
And like I said, I cant understand trying to put someone out of school for not being in school. I know about the attendance rule in gwinnett couty schools, and I agree with it. 10 days per semester is fine with me, understandable. But shieza, one time? Man, from what I seen, gwinnett county is sending kids to panels for everything nowadays

rjm7985
03-22-2005, 06:37 AM
If she's in high school, she's capable of making her own decisions.

I went to Gwinnett County Schools. I feel like they reinforce the stupidest rules and let the major things slip. Skipping school for the first time? I agree Saturday school would be sufficient.

Sorry though, it sucks for your son's friend.

FrnkPwrs
03-22-2005, 06:41 AM
LOL, my bad, i mean my boy like my homeboy. BUt yea, shes definately capable of making her own decisions, no doubt. Not every kid ditches school. I was bad as hell in highschool, i admit, but I only ditched once in my life, well twice if you add senior ditch day. But to go home and tell your parents you are kicked out of school? That sucks

rjm7985
03-22-2005, 06:51 AM
LOL, okay I thought you meant your son and I was like damn, he must be "older". Sorry about that.

I skipped school all the time. I never realized that you could get caught at the mall and such. Do they have people walking around looking specifically for students skipping?

FrnkPwrs
03-22-2005, 07:04 AM
LOL, np, Im in my 20s. It was an officer that stopped her since she was there during the day. He gave her a ride back to the school in the police car. Thats way out of the "standard procedure". I remember when I went to Collins HIll and a lot of seniors ditched and left Cracker Barrel with a big ass bill and they called the school. Lots of football players and cheerleaders, shit didnt happen. Man, there is some crazy things going on in Gwinnett.

blacknightteg
03-22-2005, 07:29 AM
i go to gwinnett county school's and as a matter of fact im in school right now as im typing it, i mean thats jus kinda messed up why the hec would you get paneled for something so stupid as that, but thats gwinnett county school for you

rjm7985
03-22-2005, 08:12 AM
LOL, np, Im in my 20s. It was an officer that stopped her since she was there during the day. He gave her a ride back to the school in the police car. Thats way out of the "standard procedure". I remember when I went to Collins HIll and a lot of seniors ditched and left Cracker Barrel with a big ass bill and they called the school. Lots of football players and cheerleaders, shit didnt happen. Man, there is some crazy things going on in Gwinnett.

Good Lord, they acutally took her back to the school? Was it like a City of Whatever police man? That's sooooo crazy to me. Even if I got caught out of school skipping I would assume they'd just take my name down and my student number or something and deal with me when I went to school next.

I had some of my "friends" skip school and walk to my house. (I like two minutes from the school) and they went into my house and were watching TV, going through the fridge, etc. Didn't even tell me they were going over there. My sister and grandpa were there asleep. We used to not lock the garage. But, my Mom called the school and was like are you missing four students? Yeah, well they're at my house! No one came and picked them up or anything though. They just got ISS the next couple of days.

Eli
03-22-2005, 08:14 AM
Yeah, i was suspended for skipping before, just 1 day on in-school suspension.

Then I got smart and started working for the attendance office as one of my classes.... :D

collins
03-22-2005, 01:03 PM
maybe if your friend was a better influence on her, and told her the importance of finishing highschool then she might not have skipped.

question.....
why must you come across as an ass in everything you post in?

Dragonfly5338
03-22-2005, 01:06 PM
LOL, wow. My senior year I skipped 83 out of 160 days. Never got in trouble nor got caught. :p

Jaimecbr900
03-22-2005, 01:18 PM
Capt. Obvious here, but maybe this wasn't the first time this young gal had a trip to the principal's office...????? Anyone thought about that?

Kristi
03-22-2005, 01:33 PM
sounds like there is more to it, IMO - so i agree with jaime

SL65AMG
03-22-2005, 05:11 PM
LOL, wow. My senior year I skipped 83 out of 160 days. Never got in trouble nor got caught. :p

never got caught.....man ur skool was LAX!!!!!!!

green91
03-22-2005, 06:05 PM
maybe its different because i went to HS in a small town but we never had any of that garbage. i would skip days or just walk out and i never had any reprocussions! i had over 70 tardies in my 1st pd class for the year! but i always had very good grades and didnt get in much trouble

FrnkPwrs
03-22-2005, 07:31 PM
Capt. Obvious here, but maybe this wasn't the first time this young gal had a trip to the principal's office...????? Anyone thought about that?

How is it being captain obvious? Like I said, first time ever ditching class. Record is nothing more than a bunch of tardies over the course of the years she has been going there. Like I said before, ASK QUESTIONS BEFORE ASSUMING!

soul
03-22-2005, 09:30 PM
State all the facts so we dont have to assume

FrnkPwrs
03-22-2005, 09:40 PM
Ok, she got caught ditching school. Never ditched before. The most she ever got in trouble for at school was being tardy for a class, and it was a handful over the years. Her grades are alright, b/c student. She is a senior. What extra facts are neccessary? This is an average person getting kicked out of school fro something done. Hopefully at the panel its overturned, but thats after a 10 day suspension. The pretty standard rule in gwinnett county is after 10 unexcused absences, you get sent to a disciplinary panel.

What is everyone looking for, she is a gangmember and was selling dope out of the bathrooms? LOL, this is just a regular girl. Yea, crazy shit does happen in the school system! Some rules get enforced differently for different people

soul
03-22-2005, 09:45 PM
I skipped like 39 total days last year, never got in trouble. Half of em never were recorded

Jaimecbr900
03-22-2005, 10:59 PM
How is it being captain obvious? Like I said, first time ever ditching class. Record is nothing more than a bunch of tardies over the course of the years she has been going there. Like I said before, ASK QUESTIONS BEFORE ASSUMING!

There you go with that chip on your shoulder again. I don't know what's stuck up your ass sideways, but if you don't like getting answers different than yours.....don't post a question. How bout that for assumptions????

I wasn't even referring to YOU when I said Capt. Obvious, although for some reason you took it that way. I was simply saying in GENERAL that it's obvious that we may not know all the details and therefore it doesn't make sense.

How bout you take your own advice and quit making assumptions?

quickdodgeŽ
03-22-2005, 11:05 PM
question.....
why must you come across as an ass in everything you post in?

I wonder the same thing. Later, QD.

FrnkPwrs
03-23-2005, 12:39 AM

I was simply saying in GENERAL that it's obvious that we may not know all the details and therefore it doesn't make sense.

Im just keeping in mind that you are the same person who said that 99% of the people who get into a situation with the police deserve it. So if thats the chip Im carrying, then so be it, but this girl didnt deserve it. I know you were saying you were being captain obvious, so what does that mean, you are pointing out the obvious. So would it be fair to say that your impression of the situation in that post meant that OBVIOUSLY this wasnt this girls first trip to the principals office?

I dont even want to get sidetracked. A girl is in a position that she doesnt deserve to be in. Gwinnett County, from what I have witnessed, has kicked out a lot of kids for a lot of situations that could have been handled differently. I know there are tons of stories out there that some people might know, i wont even offer mine. But I know if my kids came home and said that the school wanted to kick them out because they ditched school I would be outraged. The crime doesnt fit the punishment, at all.

There are so many times when a kid gets in a fight, he may get suspended. A different kid does it, expelled. I dont put it out of my mind that some of these teachers and administrators dont like certain students, for whatever the reason may be. I had a teacher despise me becuase I wouldnt play football at CHHS when I came from my state-placing Chicago HS. I had administrators and students, LOL, hate me the "hood kid" stood out in, was pretty antisocial, but still got good grades. Its sick just how the same rules get enforced differently for different people. Parents go to the schools, and there isnt much they can do but just drive their kids back home and be pissed. But does it hurt or help a person to be out of school? No wonder GA has such a high dropout/noncompletioin rate

Jaimecbr900
03-23-2005, 10:25 AM
Im just keeping in mind that you are the same person who said that 99% of the people who get into a situation with the police deserve it.

Absolutely, and I still stand by that statement. It is painfully obvious you on the other hand think that color is the biggest determining factor to bad things happening. I totally disagree. I certainly don't have my head in the sand by any means, but I also don't look to excuse bad behavoir. Bad behavoir is color blind in my book.

So if thats the chip Im carrying, then so be it, but this girl didnt deserve it. I know you were saying you were being captain obvious, so what does that mean, you are pointing out the obvious. So would it be fair to say that your impression of the situation in that post meant that OBVIOUSLY this wasnt this girls first trip to the principals office?

You wanna have a chip on your shoulder, be my guest. It's your shoulder.

As for the "Capt. Obvious" comment, you took it all wrong. I wasn't even speaking directly to you. I was making a blanket statement that it is more likely that we don't know the whole story than it is to jump into some kind of lynch mob going after the big bad wolf.

You for some reason have this grandeous idea that everything bad that happens to someone is due to racism. I don't agree. You for whatever reason want to use it as justification for bad behavoir. I again don't agree.

Yes, racism exists. But in 99% of the situations it used as an excuse because it's only brought up AFTER someone does something wrong. In other words, this is more of a cause-and-effect issue rather than straight out racism. Segregation is racism. Lynchings were racism. The KKK is racist. Someone getting in trouble for doing something wrong is NOT ALWAYS racism. For some reason in your book it seems to be. If someone like Rev. Lowery gets beat up by someone, it's much higher likely to be a racist tied situation because he's devoted his whole life to making his race equal. A criminal gets beat up, it's highly UNLIKELY that it's about race and much more LIKELY that he plays the race card as an EXCUSE. Look at the difference.

But I know if my kids came home and said that the school wanted to kick them out because they ditched school I would be outraged. The crime doesnt fit the punishment, at all.

You may be correct, but your FIRST question should be directed at your offspring and not the school.

There are so many times when a kid gets in a fight, he may get suspended. A different kid does it, expelled.

That's BS. It's because of this idiotic PC revolution that schools, courts, and the public in general quit using common sense and went into the standardized way of trying to be "equal" to everybody. Schools in particular use very standardized "no tolerance" rules for that exact same reason. So they don't get accused of bias. Back when I went to school, I KNOW for a fact that many punishments were standardized. You fight, you both get 3 days suspension. Skip school, 1 day detention. Skip school more, in-school suspension. Keep skipping, real suspension and panel.

Its sick just how the same rules get enforced differently for different people. Parents go to the schools, and there isnt much they can do but just drive their kids back home and be pissed. But does it hurt or help a person to be out of school? No wonder GA has such a high dropout/noncompletioin rate

Again, I don't agree with your assesment of how things are so biased.

You are right about one thing though: Georgia is a sad case about drop out rates. I agree with you there.

FrnkPwrs
03-23-2005, 12:01 PM
LOL, I never mentioned race in this post at all! I just said that the punishment doesnt fit the crime, nothing about the race of the girl. Even when I mentioned that school staff not liking me, I said that it was for me not playing football, NEVER ABOUT RACE!. This thread had nothing to do about what color anyone is, you brought that up. Im talking about Gwinnett County schools going overboard, thats all. Maybe you are the voice of that person who tries to discredit someone based on everytime they speak "Oh, hear it goes again, another view from this guy that its always making it a 'black white' thing"...

That's BS. It's because of this idiotic PC revolution that schools, courts, and the public in general quit using common sense and went into the standardized way of trying to be "equal" to everybody.
Idiotic Politically Correct Revolution? So you would like the rules to be enforced differently for different people? Whats the problem with treating people equal? Since you think its idiotic, you have no problem with rules being enforced differently toward different people?

Or maybe you think its BS because you dont think what Im saying is true. There are some kids who actually get suspended for fighting while others are expelled. I have an entire list of kids who have been in that situation! I know someone who missed a saturday detention and instead of 1 day out of school suspension, he got sent for panel. BS? From who's perspective?

LOL, someone else accused of steeling a notebook, and they searched him and bookbag 3 times [why you would search a person to find a 3 ring binder is beyond me], and on the third time "found" sciscors in his bookbag and he was successfully panelled out for possession of a dangerous weapon. Oh, BTW, he was pulled out of art class. Art student with sciscors? Hmmm...

But yea buddy, total BS! Things like this never happen! This is someone who has been in fights, yea. Late for class and ditched school before, yup. Does he deserve to be kicked out of school for having the tools needed for class? You probally think yea, because hes gotten in trouble before so he should have known to tear paper with his hands instead of scissors even though nobody told him having them is a problem! To hell if nobody ever told him he cant have scissors. To hell if they had to search him 3 times to figure out that if they couldnt find a notebook he didnt steal, then those scissors make a fine weapon. All of that, BS, because when you went to school the PC bullshit blah blah blah. Whatever...

These schools are just using standardized methods of enforcing this and that and the other, LOL, if you say so. When I first went to a Gwinnett County School, and every single rule has a maximum of refferal to a panel. Pick up and read a Gwinnett County Schools Handbook. Anything from insubordination to being tardy can result in panelling. Then you are panelled by other teachers in the county. LOL, so its still like going to court with a jury of police officers! People who are thinking that "99% of the people here deserve to be".

seksicarlovinchick
03-23-2005, 12:09 PM
Yeah, if she's in hs she's cvapable of making her own decisions, granted it wouyld be good if the importance of an education was pointed out to her, but she's abig girl and has to learn to make her own decisions and deal with the consequences

FrnkPwrs
03-23-2005, 12:14 PM
Yea, i totally feel you on that. But damn, an expulsion for ditching school? Thats like serving a year for eating grapes at kroger!

seksicarlovinchick
03-23-2005, 12:18 PM
Yeah, i skipped school in my day...thts pretty harsh...stupid

Jaimecbr900
03-23-2005, 01:11 PM
LOL, I never mentioned race in this post at all! I just said that the punishment doesnt fit the crime, nothing about the race of the girl. Even when I mentioned that school staff not liking me, I said that it was for me not playing football, NEVER ABOUT RACE!. This thread had nothing to do about what color anyone is, you brought that up.

Then what do you mean by "different"? You keep talking about how "different" people get this, "different" people get that. HOW else are they "different" then?

Maybe you are the voice of that person who tries to discredit someone based on everytime they speak "Oh, hear it goes again, another view from this guy that its always making it a 'black white' thing"...

If the shoe fits, that's not my fault.

Idiotic Politically Correct Revolution? So you would like the rules to be enforced differently for different people? Whats the problem with treating people equal? Since you think its idiotic, you have no problem with rules being enforced differently toward different people?

Actually, what'd like is for society to get back to using their brain and common sense. All this PC crap does is treat people like they are robots and stupid. What's wrong with using common sense? As a matter of fact, in a way isn't that what you're saying in this post? Because of PC, you automatically end up implementing these all or nothing rules. People think they have to in order to keep from being sued or misconstrued. Because of PC, all these "PC" labels are being used like people are morons. Call brown brown and black black. Why make this fancy label? Why add so much red tape to every freaking issue? We gotta have a committee to oversee a committee to oversee a committee to keep from this person or that person from whinning when they don't get their way. THAT is why PC is BS. It's just yet another excuse to justify failures. If someone fails, they fail. If they got dealt a dirty hand, fix it. If they didn't though, don't jump on the bandwagon of excuse.

Or maybe you think its BS because you dont think what Im saying is true. There are some kids who actually get suspended for fighting while others are expelled. I have an entire list of kids who have been in that situation! I know someone who missed a saturday detention and instead of 1 day out of school suspension, he got sent for panel. BS? From who's perspective?

From the perspective that maybe, just maybe, there are TWO sides to every story. Ever heard of that?

Media, in this case you, are publicizing that something happened this one way. All the little sheep that only see the ass of the sheep in front of them buy it, sight unseen. Suddenly, you have a bandwagon formed.

My point is simple. You present ONE side of the equation. COMMON SENSE says there is yet another. Considering the fact that even by your own admission you have a chip on your shoulder about this type of subject, I for one would like to point out the FACT that NONE of that other side is being taken into consideration at all.

If the girl got a raw deal, she got a raw deal. It's just ironic how it seems like YOU happen to attract that kind of raw deal all the time. Why look at the world as half-empty all the time? COMMON SENSE says that there is a common denominator there. Don't YOU see that?

LOL, someone else accused of steeling a notebook, and they searched him and bookbag 3 times [why you would search a person to find a 3 ring binder is beyond me], and on the third time "found" sciscors in his bookbag and he was successfully panelled out for possession of a dangerous weapon. Oh, BTW, he was pulled out of art class. Art student with sciscors? Hmmm...

Again, an example of the by product of PC. IF schools, courts, businesses, media, people, etc weren't all panicked about being sued for saying the wrong thing, doing the wrong thing, thinking the wrong thing that MAY hurt someone's feelings somewhere......we wouldn't have these half cocked "all or nothing" rules. Political correctness is just as the title implies "POLITICAL". It has zero to do with what's right and wrong. It has zero to do with letting people use their brains and common sense. It is a FORCED ideaology. It's a "cool" factor thing. The only thing PC does is win someone "brownie points" with someone else. That's it. It doesn't cure anything. Just like in your example above, it only people into mindless paranoid robots. If administrators weren't so freaked out about getting sued for using COMMON SENSE, your example above may have simply been sent back to class. The problem is that if they did and someone found out......then they'd be all up in arms about not being strict enough about weapons or safety.... :jerkit: They can't win either way. Not with all this PC around.

These schools are just using standardized methods of enforcing this and that and the other, LOL, if you say so. When I first went to a Gwinnett County School, and every single rule has a maximum of refferal to a panel. Pick up and read a Gwinnett County Schools Handbook. Anything from insubordination to being tardy can result in panelling.

There's an old saying that says, "in a warned war, there should be no casualties."

If you read the book and it said that you would be suspended after skipping ONCE and you STILL DID IT.....then who's the moron? IF the school said that if you skip once and they will give you a slap on the wrist and YOU got suspended anyway, THEN there's a problem. I've read the book myself. I, unlike you, HAVE kids in the Gwinnett County School system you detest. I told both my kids what was expected and what would happen if they didn't do what was expected. They can CHOOSE to do whatever their little hearts' content. Lord knows I did when I was young. BUT they also know what the payment will be. They KNEW it upfront. So, when I hand it out their whinning excuses will fall on deaf ears.

People who are thinking that "99% of the people here deserve to be".

You obviously don't want to understand that I was a bad seed myself when I was in HS. I got into many fights. Suspended many times. Skipped school wayyy more than I ever should have. Cursed out a teacher once. Even got accused of drinking alcohol on school grounds. I had my share of detention, suspensions, and restrictions. As a matter of fact, because of my stupidness, my LITTLE brother had to drive me to a homecoming dance one year. Talk about embarrassing!

This is the EXACT reason why I have no sympathy for excuses. I knew what I was doing was wrong. I just didn't care. That's not the school's fault. That's not my parent's fault. There was only one person to blame, ME. I didn't apply myself. I paid for that stupidity when I went to college. I ended up having to work twice as hard to make up for all the skipping, partying, and skirt chasing I did in HS. Again, MY fault. I had to suck it up and DEAL WITH IT.

I expect the same thing from everyone else I deal with. I don't expect perfection. I expect people to stand on their own two feet and handle their business. If you screw up, make it right and move on. But to come up with 50 million excuses doesn't do anything towards resolving the situation so it's a waste of time IMO.

Bajjani
03-23-2005, 01:26 PM
Stories from good ol North Gwinnett High School:

I went there all four years. In those four years, twice did we have student/teacher relationships. Rock on right..

Okay, this is how shit worked in my school. The administrators were probably as big of pot heads it seemed as the students who did drugs. It was like every time that students got caught with anything, if they were "popular" in our school and had attention of attractive girls with boobs, they didn't get in trouble. Drugs taken, no reports. I knew most of the popular kids if you wanna refer to em as that and I was friends with them, but I never hung out w/them. Over and over and over again, they'd get let off for skipping, being tardy, cheating, or various other things some more severe, ESPECIALLY, the girls. Now for fighting.

As some of you know I got jumped by a kid my junior year, sent to the hospital with 3 skull fractures among other serious and potentially deadly injuries. It was on the news and the school still failed to report it. The school also tried to say that my parents tried to prevent them from calling 911, when in fact, it was my parents who told them to call. Soon after I returned to school, it was discovered that the school had not been reporting a lot of the things going on, especially with fights. In my case, the kid that jumped me was expelled from Gwinnett County schools, I was just not back to school for a month because of injuries, but I got in no trouble because I actually tried to walk away (if you have kids, NEVER, let them walk away, I swear on my life I'll never make that mistake twice). My school has been under close watch since then, ex school as I am now in college, and I hope all the administrators get fired and the future classes have compitent and good administrators.

Jaimecbr900
03-23-2005, 02:35 PM
Now, let me ask you a question Bajjani:

Would it have been fair to only of given your assailant a 3 day suspension instead of what he deservedly got?

Now, when you answer that, think about how crazy it would be if the school was so skiddish about getting sued that they decided to give him what they give everyone else that gets in a "fight". Wouldn't that be assenine?

That is what the ripple effect of PC is. Gun shy. It takes the common sense out of people's brains because they're too scared to pull the trigger and do the right thing. Leniency or harshness should be handed out using your COMMON SENSE. If we keep getting cubby holed by trying to make sure we make EVERYBODY happy, you'll keep seeing this same thing happening over and over again, unfair judgements.

Bajjani
03-23-2005, 03:24 PM
I wasn't tryin to get into the argument, just gettin that outta the way.

But no, I woulda more than likely taken shit into my own hands. We did our best to put his ass in jail but he got lucky w/an expensive ass lawyer and a Judge who ignored evidence..But w/e I guess, he is now a bum no job that will take him anywhere and not even a high school diploma.

Bajjani
03-23-2005, 03:25 PM
Also the school is being sued for one failure to report it, and then lying about the facts of what happened...they called MY cell fone tryin to reach my mom sayin I was in a fight but i was "OK". When my mom talked to the school they said I was "in and out of consciousness"...HOW THE HELL IS SOMEONE OKAY IN THAT STATE? NGHS is one of THE worst schools...period

FrnkPwrs
03-23-2005, 04:44 PM

Would it have been fair to only of given your assailant a 3 day suspension instead of what he got if it just been a shoving match? Or the two of you yelling at each other?

LOL, are you serious? The punishment is a good reflection of the crime, yea, I agree in his case! They should have arrested the kid on top of that! You get no gripres from me there!

"It seems to be that all this trouble attracts you" LOL, when has this post been about me? This has nothing to do with me, my issues in highschool, none of that. I havent made myself the topic of any of this besides making a quick example that there are teachers who may dislike students. And then your the one to make it into a race thing!

I dont ride the nuts of the anyone, teachers, police, government, boss, IA member, baseball player, preist, nobody. True, you may have kids in gwinnett county, but not along ago I was the kid in gwinnett county that got in trouble for some bullshit and at one time my parents wouldnt ride for me WHEN IT WAS NECCESSARY. When I was young I was in Bajjani situation day after day, and I TURNED AWAY and was suspended. According to you thats right too huh?

I said it before, I was a trouble maker in HS, go to the school now, ask anyone there my name, still on the lips of other people. Ask if I ever took responsibility for what I ever done. Always, Id never bitch up to save my neck when I can be a man and take mine upfront. Gritted my teeth, suffered my consequences with no problem, and thats what a lot of people hate. If you agree with your kids being kicked out of school for something as little as the first time they skip, otra vez I feel sorry for your kids. I cant think of a single situation where ditching would be justified for expulsion unless its the standard 10 days.

BTW, she was being oppressed by the white man.

gtikid
03-23-2005, 06:49 PM
Stories from good ol North Gwinnett High School:

I went there all four years. In those four years, twice did we have student/teacher relationships. Rock on right..

Okay, this is how shit worked in my school. The administrators were probably as big of pot heads it seemed as the students who did drugs. It was like every time that students got caught with anything, if they were "popular" in our school and had attention of attractive girls with boobs, they didn't get in trouble. Drugs taken, no reports. I knew most of the popular kids if you wanna refer to em as that and I was friends with them, but I never hung out w/them. Over and over and over again, they'd get let off for skipping, being tardy, cheating, or various other things some more severe, ESPECIALLY, the girls. Now for fighting.

As some of you know I got jumped by a kid my junior year, sent to the hospital with 3 skull fractures among other serious and potentially deadly injuries. It was on the news and the school still failed to report it. The school also tried to say that my parents tried to prevent them from calling 911, when in fact, it was my parents who told them to call. Soon after I returned to school, it was discovered that the school had not been reporting a lot of the things going on, especially with fights. In my case, the kid that jumped me was expelled from Gwinnett County schools, I was just not back to school for a month because of injuries, but I got in no trouble because I actually tried to walk away (if you have kids, NEVER, let them walk away, I swear on my life I'll never make that mistake twice). My school has been under close watch since then, ex school as I am now in college, and I hope all the administrators get fired and the future classes have compitent and good administrators.

dude i dont mean to call you out...but were you the one who got beat up really bad? like head smashed and everything? i dont mean to be funny or to call you out man...i'm just wondering

FrnkPwrs
03-23-2005, 07:07 PM
LOL, I was the one that got was from Collins Hill and got into a fight while I was at North Gwinnett during school hours. So I guess we got 2 famous poeple involved in North Gwinnett fights, LOL

gtikid
03-23-2005, 07:08 PM
LOL, I was the one that got was from Collins Hill and got into a fight while I was at North Gwinnett during school hours. So I guess we got 2 famous poeple involved in North Gwinnett fights, LOL

what?

FrnkPwrs
03-23-2005, 07:35 PM
Nevamind. You gotta have went to North Gwinnett to know what Im talking about. I got in trouble over there because I had gotten into a fight. I went to Collins Hill and got into a fight at North Gwinnett. It was big news because I went to panel with a record 13 violations.

MitsuEvo6
03-23-2005, 07:41 PM
Yeah, i was suspended for skipping before, just 1 day on in-school suspension.

Then I got smart and started working for the attendance office as one of my classes.... :D

haha..hell ya.

TKellarB
03-23-2005, 07:47 PM
Frank - sorry , this girl isn't all she is cracked up to be because they don't give you disciplinary for ditching one day, esp if you have a clean record.

I have a daughter in h/s and have been there done that with her and it just doesn't happen. There has to be other circumstances for them to bring her to that level of disciplinary action other than one day of ditching school. Grades, ISS, unexcused absences, etc.

BTW -- I hope she is 18 for your friends sake ---

MitsuEvo6
03-23-2005, 07:52 PM
dude i dont mean to call you out...but were you the one who got beat up really bad? like head smashed and everything? i dont mean to be funny or to call you out man...i'm just wondering

well..lets review..

"got beat up really bad?" aka "sent to the hospital with 3 skull fractures among other serious and potentially deadly injuries."

"Like head smashed and everything" aka "3 skull fractures among other serious and potentially deadly injuries."

I mean, you quoted it..at least read it.

and FrnkPwrs...is it cool to be famous...my bad..notorious for that? Let me answer...no.

FrnkPwrs
03-23-2005, 07:54 PM
Frank - sorry , this girl isn't all she is cracked up to be because they don't give you disciplinary for ditching one day, esp if you have a clean record.

I have a daughter in h/s and have been there done that with her and it just doesn't happen. There has to be other circumstances for them to bring her to that level of disciplinary action other than one day of ditching school. Grades, ISS, unexcused absences, etc.

BTW -- I hope she is 18 for your friends sake ---

Thats what I would think too, saw her discipline record, like I said, nothing more than tardies. So yea, all she is cracked up to be

FrnkPwrs
03-23-2005, 07:56 PM
well..lets review..

"got beat up really bad?" aka "sent to the hospital with 3 skull fractures among other serious and potentially deadly injuries."

"Like head smashed and everything" aka "3 skull fractures among other serious and potentially deadly injuries."

and FrnkPwrs...is it cool to be famous...my bad..notorious for that? Let me answer...no.
Not thinking its cool, just wondering if he heard about it because he heard about the other situation at North Gwinnett. Like I said, it made a lot of news

gtikid
03-23-2005, 08:10 PM
well..lets review..

hmm lets see...there is more than one fight in a school year...hmmm...yea so i was makin sure it was him...and how about i hear it comin from him than you...since the question was directed at him anyways

gtikid
03-23-2005, 08:10 PM
and hey frank when did your incident happen?

accordsti
03-23-2005, 08:34 PM
man Bajjani NGHS really does stink a few weeks ago a kid at my school named Tony was walking up the stairs at Duluth after we (Peachtree ridge HS) beat them in basketball and some drunk DHS senior knocked the shit out of him for no reason.
and now that senior is in jail so i guess Gwinnett has improved a bit

but still the fact remains that attendence to school should not affect your grades by default, i mean you should be able to come and go as you please, they have that at my old school in london and my cousins current school (also in UK) and it works great let those who want to come attend, and those who dont who gives two shits??

gtikid
03-23-2005, 08:39 PM
yea north gwinnett is craaaazy...i thought meadowcreek was bad...ok it was...but still...NGHS is crazy too...i remember some black kid fuckin slamming an asian kid and makin him have a seizure...or a time when i walked into the cafeteria to see a damn chair fly across the cafeteria, only to be caught by the guy and thrown back...it was weird i was like wtf...and yea at meadowcreek i came and please as i wanted...i had sooooooo many absences last year...like i would come in "am i late?" "yes you are" "ok i'll see you tomorrow then", and the teachers wouldnt say anything to me...so i mean frank...i'm not sayin that yea she did something bad...but who knows what they're doin that for...they probably do think she's gang related...b/c i kno meadowcreek isnt tolerating shit from the wanna-be gangbangers anymore...i'm not sayin she's a little gangster...just that the school may think she is

accordsti
03-23-2005, 08:42 PM
shit gwinnett county is scared as hell of gangs, but no matter what they do theyre gonna get em

accordsti
03-23-2005, 08:46 PM
i heard an intresting point a few years ago
it was a correlation between public transportation and crime, and i kept on thinking and its true, where ever public transportation goes crime increases
about a year after the bus station at discover mills was made the first cop car came in to my neighborhood and we had a string of like 9-10 roberries

gtikid
03-23-2005, 08:51 PM
i heard an intresting point a few years ago
it was a correlation between public transportation and crime, and i kept on thinking and its true, where ever public transportation goes crime increases
about a year after the bus station at discover mills was made the first cop car came in to my neighborhood and we had a string of like 9-10 roberries

yea i heard someone say the same thing...i think they said thats why they didnt want the train going up to gwinnett county or something like that

Jaimecbr900
03-23-2005, 09:22 PM

Would it have been fair to only of given your assailant a 3 day suspension instead of what he got if it just been a shoving match? Or the two of you yelling at each other?

LOL, are you serious? The punishment is a good reflection of the crime, yea, I agree in his case! They should have arrested the kid on top of that! You get no gripres from me there!

I guess that you didn't get ALL good grades then because your english skills are a little lacking. Isn't that exactly what I was saying to Bajjani? The difference is that you are portraying it one way and I'm trying to show you there's yet another reason why school's no longer get to use common sense. You wanna keep pointing at only one thing, and I keep trying to tell you that there is substantially more reasons why schools sometimes make decisions that don't make sense to other people looking from the outside.

"It seems to be that all this trouble attracts you" LOL, when has this post been about me? This has nothing to do with me, my issues in highschool, none of that. I havent made myself the topic of any of this besides making a quick example that there are teachers who may dislike students. And then your the one to make it into a race thing!

Listen, it was you smarting off to everybody that used common sense. I simply said what some of the others were thinking. YOU have yet to answer my question. You say you're not implying race is the underlying issue, and I asked you directly: What makes your "different people get treated differently" then? WHAT is the "different" part if not race? Why don't you answer that?

When I was young I was in Bajjani situation day after day, and I TURNED AWAY and was suspended. According to you thats right too huh?

:jerkit: Whatever, you read what I said clearly. I never said everybody should get the same punishment. I said that due to the stupidity of PC schools are gun shy about giving one student one punishment and another student another. YOU say the same thing, except you are blaming it on something else. Like I said before, the only thing that I question is that it's ironic that the majority of your posts seem to have a common theme. Totally different situations, different players, and yet you want to always come back around to the same conspiracy synopsis. Common denominator. Get it now? Probably not.

If you agree with your kids being kicked out of school for something as little as the first time they skip, otra vez I feel sorry for your kids.

My kids don't need your sympathy. I'm teaching the to stand on their own to feet. No sympathy needed.

On the other hand, when you finally have your own and they get into trouble and YOU question the accuser FIRST instead of addressing WHAT they did FIRST.......you will be teaching what? Excuses first, consequences later? Good luck with that. :rolleyes:

Bajjani
03-24-2005, 08:40 AM

Yea that was me. I tried to walk away, got a shot to the temple and I was down and out. While unconscious I got a few good kicks to the face and my head stomped on. That is what I was told at least, I don't remember anything after falling down until I woke up in what I thought was the attendance office (I thought I had been late to school when I woke up until 5 people rushed over to me and laid me down in what I realized was the nurses office). Then I remember my Mom showing up. Then being in the ambulance and him saying stay awake. Then..I remember getting xrays but that may have been the next day. Its really confusing and kinda depressing so I'm not gonna try to describe that day nemore...sry

dp32185
03-24-2005, 09:24 AM
My freshman year, I got caught skipping along with 4 or so of my friends in his jeep. stealthy ass looking camero police car pulled us over and soon about 4 other pigs arrived. They had pistols and shotgun pointing at us yelling us to get the fuck out...we were just searched (fuckin racists...) for no fuckin reason...

they didn't find jack shit so they took us back to school in their van and we got two days in school...and i had about 25 unexcused absences before this too...and about 20 more after this incident...which made a negative impact in my life...but taught me a real good lesson that i don't regret...

you can't get expelled for ditching school...there's no way...you have detention, in school, out of school suspensions before you get the expulsion.

Jaimecbr900
03-24-2005, 10:03 AM
Yea that was me. I tried to walk away, got a shot to the temple and I was down and out. While unconscious I got a few good kicks to the face and my head stomped on. That is what I was told at least, I don't remember anything after falling down until I woke up in what I thought was the attendance office (I thought I had been late to school when I woke up until 5 people rushed over to me and laid me down in what I realized was the nurses office). Then I remember my Mom showing up. Then being in the ambulance and him saying stay awake. Then..I remember getting xrays but that may have been the next day. Its really confusing and kinda depressing so I'm not gonna try to describe that day nemore...sry

I can't stand that kind of dirty fighting. If you're gonna fight, fight. Sucker punches are for cowards.

Where were your friends during all this BTW? Not wanting to re-hash that up or anything. Just curious.

Bajjani
03-24-2005, 10:17 AM
They didn't wanna jump in and get in trouble...w/e tho thats bullshit..60+ people stood around, I have every one of the witness reports. My good friend, the only one who did nething, ran to get a teacher from the weight room and the teacher came but the fight had already ended...I'm at work, PM me if you want the story I'll post it up later in as much detail as I know/remember

gtikid
03-24-2005, 10:39 AM

yea man my cousin told me about that fight man...sorry to hear about it...i had a few other friends who go there also tell me it was really bad...its cool if you dont get into detail of what happened man...i already know the whole thing...i was just wondering if it was you...and thats crazy man...its weird how it was someone off of here...my cousin's name is Willie by the name...Will w/e samething...you might of known him who knows

Jaimecbr900
03-24-2005, 10:59 AM
They didn't wanna jump in and get in trouble...w/e tho thats bullshit..60+ people stood around, I have every one of the witness reports. My good friend, the only one who did nething, ran to get a teacher from the weight room and the teacher came but the fight had already ended...I'm at work, PM me if you want the story I'll post it up later in as much detail as I know/remember

Hate to say it bud, but you really need better friends IMO. There is no way in this world I'd let a friend of mine take a beating like that. Trouble or no trouble. We'd take a beating together if nothing else. That just aint right in my book.

I don't want you to re-hash that awful moment. I was simply curious as to why your buddies didn't step in and atleast minimize the damage.

I hate people jumping into a fair fight, but to let your friend get beat on like that is not any better.

BTW, I want you to understand I'm not trying to be a jerk or tell you it's your fault for what happened. It was simply that the first thing that came to mind when you told the story was why your boys didn't help out. I know if my boys LET me get beat like that while they're standing there, I'd want to return the favor when I got back up. :cool:

MitsuEvo6
03-24-2005, 12:44 PM
Hate to say it bud, but you really need better friends IMO. There is no way in this world I'd let a friend of mine take a beating like that. Trouble or no trouble. We'd take a beating together if nothing else. That just aint right in my book.

I don't want you to re-hash that awful moment. I was simply curious as to why your buddies didn't step in and atleast minimize the damage.

I hate people jumping into a fair fight, but to let your friend get beat on like that is not any better.

BTW, I want you to understand I'm not trying to be a jerk or tell you it's your fault for what happened. It was simply that the first thing that came to mind when you told the story was why your boys didn't help out. I know if my boys LET me get beat like that while they're standing there, I'd want to return the favor when I got back up. :cool:

he said his friend ran to get help. How are you gonna say this shit to this man. I don't get you. lets think about what could have happened if his boy had jumped in. They coulda pulled some sucker punching shit on him and they both coulda gotten stomped as all the kids stand around like idiots and go "ohhh"...ya that woulda been a huge help.

99SI
03-24-2005, 12:45 PM
About a week ago a kid that goes to my little brother's school(Henry Co. High) got into a fight at a local park w/ a kid from another school(Union Grove). It turned out to be very bad. The kid from HC took the other kid down and started punching him in the face, the boy getting hit, I assume lost consciousness and really was hurt badly. The last I heard he was still in the hospital w/ several facial fractures and swelling of the brain. It is sad to me, a 16 year old boy will probably face jail time due to an argument over a damn female. I know the kid personally, he wrestled for my dad and I coached him the year I was a lay-coach. He is a really nice kid, however, he is a little slow and easily influenced. My biggest hope is that the kid from UG gets well and doesn't have any permanent injury or worse.

Jaimecbr900
03-24-2005, 01:50 PM
he said his friend ran to get help. How are you gonna say this shit to this man. I don't get you. lets think about what could have happened if his boy had jumped in. They coulda pulled some sucker punching shit on him and they both coulda gotten stomped as all the kids stand around like idiots and go "ohhh"...ya that woulda been a huge help.

If I was a friend of yours, you'd certainly appreciate my stance then now wouldn't you??? :rolleyes:

I added that final paragraph to clearly let Mr. Bajjani that I wasn't trying to pour salt in his wounds since the fault really lies elsewhere. I hope he understood what I was trying to say. Obviously, you didn't.

My only point was simple. If his boys would've jumped in, he may not have been as injured. Hind sight is 20/20, but that's a pretty safe assumption since if nothing else it would've bought a little time for teachers to interject. Besides, don't you think that 1 person running to get a teacher out of 60 standing there is pretty shitty? Especially if in that crowd of 59 gawkers are some that would say they are his "friend". What kind of "friend" would do that? That is no reflection on him other than he may need to choose different friends IMO. He was clearly NOT at fault, sucker punched, and hit while he was down. He is truly the only person that did nothing wrong, including his friends (again, that's my point).

The man has said he really doesn't want to talk about, so I'll leave it alone and not keep bringing it up anymore.

MitsuEvo6
03-25-2005, 11:28 PM
Well you have your opinions..but i agree with you on one thing. It won't be brought up anymore.

Bajjani
03-26-2005, 01:21 AM
Okay, Jamie, I agree with you. Shit like that really tells you who your true friends are I guess. The one kid who ran to get someone...if he woulda jumped in he woulda got his ass beat to, I mean hes smaller than me so yea. But I'll be damned if I ever let one of my friends take anything like that if I'm there. I'll get knocked out beside but at least I'll be guilt free knowin I did what I could. And my parents would back me 100% for standin up for my friends in that kind of situation, especially now more than ever. I'll try to tell the story the best I can..I don't mind people talkin bout it but as most know, when you tell someone a story like this, the next time they get pissed at you its thrown in your face.

6th day of school my junior year, second monday, I could even tell you what I was wearing, white button up polo white tee underneath and jeans. 3rd period, right before lunch (I had first lunch so I went to eat before 4th period), bout 5 minutes left in class. Richard Lamer Bagley Jr. (and I'll be damned if I don't make sure everyone doesn't know who he is) decided to talk shit about my friend, and I was like dude, shut up, you just sound gay (because he was tryin to mock him in I guess what he thought to be a sound-a-like voice?). Well, at first he was like who said that, and I just continued finishin up my shit and packin up. I heard him say class is about to end Timmy, and I knew he was at least gonna get in my face, but oh well. I walked outta class with Fausto and I heard a bag drop to the ground, but paid no attention to it. Then I felt three shots to the back of my head. This part gets blurry. I remember saying I'm not gonna fight you man, and I'm pretty sure I kept walking, but I somewhat remember sorda falling against a trailer, but w/e. I then kept walkin towards the cafeteria and I remember him comin up beside me right in my face on my right side, next thing I knew I was falling to the ground and everything went black.

I woke up confused as hell in what I thought was the attendance office. I looked around at first and just thought that I was late for some reason and I knew I had a bad headache. A few people rushed over to me and then laid me down on a bed they have in the nurses office. I still wasn't sure where I was, but I found out later I was in the nurses office from when I woke up til..I got put in the ambulance. I don't remember anything really, teachers said they were talking to me and such, but I remember my mom showing up. The next thing I remember after that is the guy in the ambulance kept telling me to stay awake. I don't know if anyone has ever been in a situation where they will never know what truly happen to THEMSELF but its painful just because it eats at you and you just wanna know.

From here on out its all mixed in. I was in the hospital for a week, threw up blood three times, had spinal fluid leakage, supderal hematoma, 3 skull fractures, deviated septum, chipped teeth, torn muscle in my jaw, crushed bone behind my nose, and migranes and memory loss. I had 2-3 cat scans and MRIs to check on the blood clot (the subderal hematoma) to make sure it was going down not growing. They told me it would take three months for it to go away, and it was gone in 3 weeks, and I got very lucky, because if it hadn't gone away they would have had to go in and do surgery to drain the blood out (it was beside my left temple which I assume is where my head met the concrete). I was out of soccer for 6 months (and shit hasn't been the same since) and out of school for a month, didn't eat for 2-3 weeks and lost 30lbs, and anyone on here who knows me knows i'm NOT a big guy so 30lbs is like 1/4 of my weight almost.

Going back to school was terrifying. I had made so many enemies from that one day just because he got kicked outta school, and I was like, what did I do I tried to NOT take it that far and I get blamed? Everyday for that year and just about once a week at least and to this day does someone try to throw that in my face. I always get comments like Ricky shoulda finished you off, or no wonder you got your ass beat.

From there we pressed charges against him. He ended up getting off with 100hours community service but rumor has it now he doesn't go to school, doesn't have a job, and doesn't have a future, so I guess it all works out for punishmemt.

gtikid
03-26-2005, 02:31 AM
again man i dont mean to like rub it in or make it sound worst...but my cousin who saw it told me that he slammed your head against a pole and then the floor...i dont wanna make you sound worst or anything man or try to start anything...

Jaimecbr900
03-26-2005, 07:49 AM
Okay, Jamie, I agree with you. Shit like that really tells you who your true friends are I guess. The one kid who ran to get someone...if he woulda jumped in he woulda got his ass beat to, I mean hes smaller than me so yea. But I'll be damned if I ever let one of my friends take anything like that if I'm there. I'll get knocked out beside but at least I'll be guilt free knowin I did what I could. And my parents would back me 100% for standin up for my friends in that kind of situation, especially now more than ever.

Exactly what I was saying. I'm glad you understood. I wasn't trying to make you feel bad about it.

From there we pressed charges against him. He ended up getting off with 100hours community service but rumor has it now he doesn't go to school, doesn't have a job, and doesn't have a future, so I guess it all works out for punishmemt.

Sounds like he got off easy. Don't worry. People like him always end up getting theirs sooner or later. The world is round.

MitsuEvo6
03-26-2005, 02:49 PM
Man..that sounds ruff. Glad your hear with us.

Oh.. and Jaime..don't think I wouldn't jump in to at least take some of it away from my friend. I'd be in the middle of it too. All I was sayin is that his friend who went to get help can't be blamed because with that many peploe standin around, no one else will go run for someone. and GTIkid, you need to know when to shut up.

eViLMunkey
03-26-2005, 02:53 PM
good thing I'm not in HS anymore.... thank God

FrnkPwrs
03-26-2005, 07:40 PM
Damn, I have a story simliar to that. I used to get teased when I was little a lot, but I rarely seen my parents since they worked all the time, so their solution was "dont fight, ignore it", the exact same thing teachers and principals would say. Then I was walking home and two kids were takling their shit, im walking, walking, I remember just walking and everything just going black. Woke up layed out on the side walk, head busted. Stumbled back to the school, head bleeding, nurse had left, they sent me back home [remember this is chicago, not GA!]. My parents came home from work, they took me to the hospital and they did all The MRIs, etc. etc. Concussion. My parents went to the school, sat down with those kids parents, supposedly they parents were as ignorant as the kids, i dont remember, LOL.

gtikid
03-26-2005, 07:49 PM
Man..that sounds ruff. Glad your hear with us.

Oh.. and Jaime..don't think I wouldn't jump in to at least take some of it away from my friend. I'd be in the middle of it too. All I was sayin is that his friend who went to get help can't be blamed because with that many peploe standin around, no one else will go run for someone. and GTIkid, you need to know when to shut up.

you need to quit jumpin on my shit man wtf...do you not fuckin notice that i say that i'm not tryin to start anything or make him sound any worst? i just wanna kno exactly what happened dude and want to kno the right story...not the exaggerated version...so quit bein a fuckin dick :chuckles:

Bajjani
03-26-2005, 10:25 PM
Umm, he def didn't slam my head into a pole buddy. Like I said I remember blacking out WHILE falling down, thats the last thing that I remember before I woke up. He woulda had to pick me up, with my heavy ass bag on, slammed my head into a pole, and then threw me back to the ground. None of the witness reports said anything about slamming my head into a pole and my friend that got the teacher was there the entire time, well, up until he ran to get a teacher, and I was already on the ground by then. Also he didn't SLAM my head against the CONCRETE..instead he smashed my head with his boot. Slightly different.

Bajjani
03-26-2005, 10:28 PM
Another thing, for those in disagreement about this, do me a favor. DROP IT, please. Think what you wanna think about the story, it won't change what happened, don't fight over this shit though, thats stupid, learn somethin from it.