GTScoob
12-30-2008, 08:31 PM
http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/2285/wristcuttersboxjz7.jpg

Has anybody else seen this movie?

From Wikipedia, here are some of the proposed taglines for the movie:
"An Offbeat Comedy, A Love Story, A Road Movie - But Everybody's Dead"
"Life is a trip, but the afterlife is one hell of a ride."
"Love will always exist, even after you've "offed" yourself."

One of the best movies I've seen in a long time. I dont want to spoil anything for any of you that will go see it but the basic premise is that the movie is set in Purgatory, which is occupied by people that committed suicide. The protagonist is looking for his girlfriend who he found out also killed herself, and then from there forward its a road trip-ish movie with him, a crazy russian man, and the hot girl from A Knight's Tale cramped in a shitty hatchback.

It's got the kid from Almost Famous, Tom Waits, Job from Arrested Development, Lesley Bibb (Ricky Bobby's wife from talladega nights).

I highly recommend it to anybody into dark comedies. It's a story about love but there is a lot of social/ religious commentary and good humor throughout the movie. It also has a rockin soundtrack by Tom Waits and Gogol Bordello. There's a lot of depth to pick up on after watching it a few times.

Here's a preview for the skeptics on here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hd3KsL9oIOg

Maverick
12-30-2008, 11:02 PM
i saw it, i didnt think it was very good although i liked the way it ended

neon_guy
12-31-2008, 02:06 PM
I bought it and loved it. However, if the NAACP ever found out, I'd have to give up my blackness, but they can't prove nothing. :goodjob: It's cute and witty.

GTScoob
12-31-2008, 08:05 PM
I bought it and loved it. However, if the NAACP ever found out, I'd have to give up my blackness, but they can't prove nothing. :goodjob: It's cute and witty.
haha. how'd you hear about it if you dont mind me asking? it seems like it was one of those movies with very little buzz when it came out but is becoming a cult movie through word of mouth.

i saw it, i didnt think it was very good although i liked the way it ended
Care to elaborate on what you didnt like about it? The acting was top notch (try to spend a day without smiling, but still trying to express emotion), production was great, writing was great, and it leaves you with a kind of WTF-just-happened afterglow.

JDMJAYDC2
01-01-2009, 02:41 PM
watching it now....

apex2305
01-01-2009, 03:33 PM
downloaded it and watched it last night, one of the few "cult" type movies I enjoyed, good call!!

JDMJAYDC2
01-01-2009, 04:43 PM
i watched for about 15 mins then turned it off not enough action for me ill try again later

Ran
01-02-2009, 10:56 AM
I saw this on PSN last night and thought about checking it out.

GTScoob
01-02-2009, 02:50 PM
Yeah, not much action in here.

Ran, check it out dood.