PDA

View Full Version : What should I do?

Catnip
12-30-2008, 04:01 PM
The neighbors have been out of town for about a week now. They left a husky (I think) out back chained to a tree. There's a travel kennel that he is barely big enough for in reach of him, along with a bucket of water. I guess he had food, but about 3 days ago, after we noticed him howling, we discovered he had no food. I gave him a bowl of our dog's food at that point so he'd have something to eat, and they're still not back. I haven't seen anyone come to check on the dog or anything.

Would you call animal control/police?

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g146/84_318i/neighborsdog.jpg

Friggintitsman
12-30-2008, 04:04 PM
I think you should call animal control. That shit ain't cool at all. And tell them to take better care of their lawn or I will burn their house down with them inside.

Halfwit
12-30-2008, 04:14 PM
yeah call animal control.

to rly fuck the ppl up, take all the bowl away, and wrap his chain around that tree a few times, and tell animal control that they always leave him on that short chain, and they only feed him by throwing food out the back door. !!!

Silvrmaxx
12-30-2008, 04:19 PM
if animal control takes him... what do you think the odds of him living are??

Killer
12-30-2008, 04:21 PM
i'd hold out another day or so... they seem to have left him in good condition.. maybe something is tieing them up.... bad weather some where... or something... they obviously cared enough to leave the kennel and food...

and that kennel is plenty large enough...

Catnip
12-30-2008, 04:22 PM

Anyone that goes to the pound to get a dog, would notice this dog. He's VERY mild mannered, he just leans up against me and closes his eyes while I pet him. Now he's just sitting down, looking towards my house crying... sounds like he's trying to talk.

Friggintitsman
12-30-2008, 04:23 PM
Kill your neighbors and feed them to the dog

Silvrmaxx
12-30-2008, 04:23 PM
just my opinion but i think calling animal control is the worst possible thing that could be done to an animal... yea some get adopted but a large portion of the animals they collect dont live 24 hours after being collected... just from my own experience, i wouldnt call animal control...

Silvrmaxx
12-30-2008, 04:24 PM
Kill your neighbors and feed them to the dog

i would have to agree

Catnip
12-30-2008, 04:25 PM
i'd hold out another day or so... they seem to have left him in good condition.. maybe something is tieing them up.... bad weather some where... or something... they obviously cared enough to leave the kennel and food...

and that kennel is plenty large enough...

Yea, I agree with giving it a day or two.

I mean, he's not in danger of anything as we are feeding him and giving him water, but next time there might not be a nice neighbor to care for their dog, just because.

Killer
12-30-2008, 04:29 PM
Yea, I agree with giving it a day or two.

I mean, he's not in danger of anything as we are feeding him and giving him water, but next time there might not be a nice neighbor to care for their dog, just because.

good choice...

redrumracer
12-30-2008, 04:47 PM
just feed him till the neighbors get home, im sure there is a reason why they arent back yet.

csmiths
12-30-2008, 05:33 PM
take him to your place. problem solved. fuck ppl who mistreat animals

stephanie
12-30-2008, 05:45 PM
do not remove the animal from their property on your own accord.
please call the local animal control, if you need help please message or email me directly. i will make something happen fast.

stephanie
12-30-2008, 05:47 PM
please dont let this go..like you said. the next neighbor may not be so nice.
i have pets as well. if it came down to them wanting to euthanize that dog....i got that problem solved also.

Ed
12-30-2008, 05:56 PM
thats fucked up. you dont think any of the other neighbor's has their cel? try getting in touch with them. if not within one or two days call animal control.

stephanie
12-30-2008, 06:00 PM
make sure the dog has food and water, tell animal control you did this. if it gets below freezing that dog could die.
i know people in macon and warner robins who rescue animals because i used to volunteer at a macon no kill shelter. i have about fifty animal right s activists and volunteers in my email addy book.

SiRed94
12-30-2008, 06:13 PM
Yeah that's pretty fucked up. I say call animal control and then after they take the dog, commit an act of arson against their house.

94' Accord
12-30-2008, 06:15 PM
Thats fucked up. Evan Give it some food and water son. Few days if no one checks on it call animal control like everyone said.

KREEP
12-30-2008, 06:19 PM
Feed it! Animal cruelty is sad and people that do these types of things should be shot!
Feed the dog ...... then shit in a bag and sling it on their front door and write in the poo ( with latex gloves on) feed your fucking dog!

DirtyMechanic
12-30-2008, 06:23 PM
i highly doubt they are going to destory a dog when they know where the owner lives. they will just charge him with animal cruelty... i doubt they will keep the dog. just take it till they get back...

stephanie
12-30-2008, 06:32 PM
if you take the dog and the owners of the property are morons...they can try and turn some shit around on you

collins
12-30-2008, 07:40 PM
Evan, pm me the address.

And stephanie, a husky will not die in freezing weather, at least not what we have in GA. Not saying it's right, but as long as he stays fed and watered, the dog will be ok.

Revmaynard
12-30-2008, 07:44 PM
Honestly, I'd hate to lose my dog like that. It doesn't seem they've done the right thing leaving him tied up, but if you can afford I'd do the nice thing and just feed him every so often until they get back. If it becomes weeks I can understand that. My neighbors left town once and their dog got loose and we kept it in our backyard so it wouldn't get taken to the pound and the people gave me $75. lol So sometimes it doesn't hurt to do something nice.

Catnip
12-30-2008, 08:32 PM
I'll get the address tomorrow if nothing changes, I would like to stay annonymous if someone is called/emailed.

Dr.G35
12-30-2008, 08:40 PM
does he have tags? If not, take him out of there. im sure someone would doggy sit until whenever.

§treet_§peed
12-30-2008, 09:13 PM
dude that is a beautiful siberian husky. you should just take it. he would be happier and much better off than the pound getting him. they would put him to sleep if no one adopted him in a few weeks. but i dunno, huskies go like candy in a pound. cause its so hard to find them for cheap and that dog is very nice.

ep9716
12-30-2008, 09:23 PM

X2...Just Take Care Of It Man. What If Animal Con Puts Him Down Or Some Shit..

turbodawg
12-31-2008, 12:25 AM
He is a beautiful dog, can't see it in the picture, but he has those brilliant blue eyes.

civic95
12-31-2008, 07:17 AM
The husky is able to survive the mild temps we have here in GA. Just keep feeding him, giving him clean water to drink, and some attention. If the neighbors ever do come back I would have a talk with them. Explain how he ran out of food, that you had to feed him, and that were fortunate you noticed. Maybe even say you could of asked me or someone else to look after him while you were out of town.

C-loS109
12-31-2008, 08:44 AM
the question is, have u ever talked to this family? are they nice? cause if they are assholes then why should they keep the dog. if i were you, take it and give it to someone. they will never know. and somehow brake the chain to make it seem it broke it.

Killer
12-31-2008, 08:47 AM
make sure the dog has food and water, tell animal control you did this. if it gets below freezing that dog could die.
i know people in macon and warner robins who rescue animals because i used to volunteer at a macon no kill shelter. i have about fifty animal right s activists and volunteers in my email addy book.

um............... that dog was bred to be in cold weather........

those dogs sleep in the efing snow....

Kourt
12-31-2008, 09:17 AM
Instead of calling the animal control call a no kill shelter like save a pet. Or just feed him and when the neighbors get home tell them you had to take care of him because the condition they left him in and that you will report them for neglect if there is a next time.

Me86Rob
12-31-2008, 09:30 AM
give me the dog. husky=win and my basset hound is short on years :(

§treet_§peed
12-31-2008, 10:29 AM
lol siberian huskies thrive in cold weather. when its -20 its like spring to them, they could give a fuck less.

Motivation
12-31-2008, 10:46 AM
If it gets to the point of calling animal control, call me first... I know where you live and I will drive down that and take another husky to be with the one I already have. Or I will go to where ever the animal control takes him/her and adopt. :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

§treet_§peed
12-31-2008, 10:48 AM
like i said, just take the fucking dog. no one will know but us, and im pretty sure most of IA wouldn't narc cept for a few